The Celtic FC 2008/09 Thread - League titles, biscuit tins, terrible football and absolutely no riots.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mark g:

Is Strachan definitely staying then? And if so, is that still seen as a bad thing?

Almost certainly.

After winning the league it won't be seen as a bad thing by the vast majority of fans. If however a similar situation to last year arises later this season (where we were out of both domestic cups and 10 or so points behind Rangers in February) he'll be under pressure again.

Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is Strachan definitely staying then? And if so, is that still seen as a bad thing?

/me sits back and awaits rant from Stephen Wilson icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

(sadly?), he's earned another year but as fbc says if we're in the same position next year as we were in february/march this year he'll be out the door as I doubt Rangers would have such a collapse again.

Originally posted by tony_cfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

A must see video

This has probably done the rounds before. The reviews are class though.

those reviews are fb icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of the crowd shots reminded me of the creatures in Pans Labyrinth. Surely a nod to Del Toro's work from the director.

My personal fav. icon_biggrin.gif

It's truly signings like that of McCourt that make me despair at the current awfulness of Pro Evo.

Used to love nothing more than creating a player who wasn't on the game for my Celtic team. Someone with the gruff facial hair of McCourt, alligned with my wildly exaggerated interpretation of his dribbling ability, would have no doubt excited me.

• SI Staff
Used to love nothing more than creating a player who wasn't on the game for my Celtic team. Someone with the gruff facial hair of McCourt, alligned with my wildly exaggerated interpretation of his dribbling ability, would have no doubt excited me.

You can just edit Pressley icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by deerokus:

McCourt looks like someone you'd find propping up the bar in Heraghty's. I really want him to be a huge cult hero icon_biggrin.gif

McFadden is a bit overrated, depending on how much he cost it might be ok.

I thought all the cults played at Ibrox. icon_wink.gif

Green jelly bean anybody?

McFadden in, Bobo & Deeks out would be an excellent deal.

The Magpies boss will also fight it out with rivals Sunderland for the £10m transfer of Celtic's Aiden McGeady. (News of the World)

Not going to happen but I'd prefer Keane to keep on taking our rubbish reserve players rather than going for the likes of McGeady.

The Sunday Mail is reporting that we were preparing a £5.5m + Bobo offer for McFadden, for that sort of money I'd rather spend over £6m on Pavluychenko tbh. Though again neither of those situations will realistically happen.

McCourt has unbelieveable close control and makes defenders commit themselves before just strolling past them easily but he has no end product

Many times you'll see him walk past people to the end line before rolling it into the keepers hands. Such a frustrating player

• SI Staff
Many times you'll see him walk past people to the end line before rolling it into the keepers hands. Such a frustrating player

Sounds like Chris Burke. Glides past people as if they aren't there then crosses the ball... out for a goal kick.

Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Many times you'll see him walk past people to the end line before rolling it into the keepers hands. Such a frustrating player

Sounds like Chris Burke. Glides past people as if they aren't there then crosses the ball... out for a goal kick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This'd be the Chris Burke rated 17 for crossing on FM? icon_biggrin.gif

McFadden would be a steal for 2-3M, but not for the price quoted. I sense some Willie McKay shenanigans anyway.

Stranzl i'd be happy with, equally Boulharouz, but like stan said, LB still a far more pressing problem imo.

Good luck to McCourt, would still rather see what Mizuno has to offer us first though. He's looked good in the reserves.

I keep forgetting about this forum, and when I don't see the thread I assume nothings happening...

Yeah, the new top looks pretty good. I see what Ter means about the logo in that picture though, it does seem like it's been added.

SPECULATION linking Japanese midfielder Shunsuke Nakamura to Bologna have been dismissed by the Club.

Erroneous reports suggesting the 30-year-old is set to return to Italy’s Serie A with the newly promoted side have been categorically denied.

A Celtic spokesman said: “We’ve never heard of the representative who has claimed Bologna has made an offer for Shunsuke Nakamura.

“We have not received any offer from Bologna or from any other club. In any case Naka is delighted to be staying with Celtic and that is what he will be doing.â€

• 2 weeks later...

rumours, rumours and more rumours......

sounds like we're going to get Samaras on the cheap. Not really that good, but we'd struggle to find anything better for that price, plus he has the potential to come good for us.

Archived