A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Finished my first season with Carlisle using this tactic, and just going into my second.

Lost the play off final in my first season, in the summer made quite a few sigings as my squad was mainly loan players who'd all returned to their clubs. I signed the likes of richie wellens, jamie winter and michael johnson for my midfield, with hasslebaink and alex burke as new sigings up front.

this season i have quite a strong squad apart from in defence, a strike force of jon parkin, hasslebaink, matt jansen and derek holmes, with some excelent young strikers in my reserves, im hoping for an automatic promotion spot this time around!

cheers for the tactic andy.

I think this is what we have to get back to - FM07. There are other threads where you can discuss 08. At this time this tactic is not for 08 so lets get back to 07 where we left off. Thanks iocounty for your feedback and reminding us what this threads about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree, andy.

In my first real season in the first 8 games, got 5 draws!! Im unbeaten though.

Flying in europe, but my lack of depth in the squad may well suffer my league ambitions. Want that title!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right so getting back to what this thread is really about... I've been playing a game with Rochdale, started slowly but then took over my own teamtalks (with advce used from this thread) and at the same time my team started to settle down. Since then this has happened...

fm2007vb2.png] [/url]

That is 18 games unbeaton with a team like Rochdale! This is the best i've done so far with a team from those divisions and i'm really enjoying FM07 just now.

The only problem was with all those games i was getting quite a few 0-0 draws. So i tweaked the tactic slightly.

FAVOURATES ONLY

That seemed to solve it!

To clarify, use the normal tactic, but when your favourates or struggling to score switch to this one. DON'T just jump in and start using this one - you have to make your opponents respect you first, then they start playing defensively, then switch to this tactic to really turn the screw. icon_biggrin.gif

Does Walcott perform well in the MF? I have him at Aston Villa, but always play him as a forward. Do you play him on the left midfield or on the right?

It looks like you are using two attacking Midfielders. The tactic calls for one more attcking MC on the left, and one more defensive MC on the right. Getting this balance in the midfield is important in the success of the tactic.

There is much discussion about the importance of the TM in this tactic, but I feel that each role is critical. I overlooked the impoartance of the role of the midfielders for the first season and a half. I just ran out whoever I had, in a rotation to keep them happy and healthy. As soon as I got the midfield right, my team began to perform both home and away with equal profiency. I still have the occasional game where I give away pts on the road with a 1-1 draw, but that is way better than it was before.

Thanks for all your help. I play Walcott as the attacking right sided midfielder and also as the right sided forward as needed. Using your advice I will try and play him as the right sided forward and find a talented left sided DM.

I will let you know how it works. Incidentally I won my last game and in a gripping finish beat Aston Villa into 4th place claiming the final champions league spot. What a game and what a tactic. (It is good to **** on the villa

final stats season 4

premiership pld w d l f a pts pos

38 24 12 2 84 29 84 1

top scorer-perkhart 25

lost in the semi final of the uefa cup to real madrid 2-1 on agg.but what a season

Pekhart is brilliant isn't he. He scored 20 goals in the Prem for me despite being out for 16 games. He works best in this tactic in my opinion in the target man role.

final stats season 4

premiership pld w d l f a pts pos

38 24 12 2 84 29 84 1

top scorer-perkhart 25

lost in the semi final of the uefa cup to real madrid 2-1 on agg.but what a season

Nice one kroshot, good to have added, finally, Birmingham to the list of ever increasing teams to win the EPL with this tactic. Now for the Champions League, if your pc doesn't crash!

Now we're just waiting to see if Sunny can add Wrexham to EPL winners club!

Right so getting back to what this thread is really about... I've been playing a game with Rochdale, started slowly but then took over my own teamtalks (with advce used from this thread) and at the same time my team started to settle down. Since then this has happened...

I'm thinking of doing the same and switch when needed,but also take over team talks..but what do u say and when,let's say u for instance?I read through pages and some are contradicting,so I'm a bit confused at this one..bit help needed,thanks..

fm2007vb2.png] [/url]

That is 18 games unbeaton with a team like Rochdale! This is the best i've done so far with a team from those divisions and i'm really enjoying FM07 just now.

The only problem was with all those games i was getting quite a few 0-0 draws. So i tweaked the tactic slightly.

FAVOURATES ONLY

That seemed to solve it!

To clarify, use the normal tactic, but when your favourates or struggling to score switch to this one. DON'T just jump in and start using this one - you have to make your opponents respect you first, then they start playing defensively, then switch to this tactic to really turn the screw. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by bilkar1985:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andysafc:

Right so getting back to what this thread is really about...

fm2007vb2.png] [/url]

FAVOURATES ONLY

That seemed to solve it!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been playing a game with Rochdale, started slowly but then took over my own teamtalks (with advce used from this thread) and at the same time my team started to settle down. Since then this has happened...

I'm thinking of doing the same and switch when needed,but also take over team talks..but what do u say and when,let's say u for instance?I read through pages and some are contradicting,so I'm a bit confused at this one..bit help needed,thanks..

quote:

2. http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717...742015482#1742015482

CRITICAL UPDATE

As i've now tried this tactic with several teams and read other peoples comments one thing i have noticed is how much TEAMTALK can effect results.

The outcome at the higher levels are not so noticable because your Ass Man is possibly better suited but as you go down the Leagues i have found that the Ass Men don't have the suited qualites which causes inconsistant results. Often it was still better to let them do it because doing it yourself was like trying to cross a minefield.

However with thanks to Al Bundy and the link he provided, it's no longer a minefield at all. Click on the link above and you really just need to take in that first paragraph. I'm a bit thick because i had to read it about 4 times before i took it in

Depending on what you choose pre match the other talks are linked.

For example: If you tell them to relax and enjoy the game don't blast them at half time if they are losing as your contradicting yourself.

I was a few games into the season with Rochdale and we were bottom half, nothing special but we aren't nowhere near gelling yet, but i took over the teamtalks using that theory and four unbeaton games later i'm in the top 6.

We played the top team away and i told them "pressure off, enjoy it" and we were 3-0 up within 20 minutes!

The Ass Man is not qualified to make these decisions at the lower levels so if you take a job in any of these leagues then try to read and memorise that paragraph and it really can make the difference.

This is what i was referring to concerning teamtalks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

2. http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717...742015482#1742015482

CRITICAL UPDATE

As i've now tried this tactic with several teams and read other peoples comments one thing i have noticed is how much TEAMTALK can effect results.

The outcome at the higher levels are not so noticable because your Ass Man is possibly better suited but as you go down the Leagues i have found that the Ass Men don't have the suited qualites which causes inconsistant results. Often it was still better to let them do it because doing it yourself was like trying to cross a minefield.

However with thanks to Al Bundy and the link he provided, it's no longer a minefield at all. Click on the link above and you really just need to take in that first paragraph. I'm a bit thick because i had to read it about 4 times before i took it in

Depending on what you choose pre match the other talks are linked.

For example: If you tell them to relax and enjoy the game don't blast them at half time if they are losing as your contradicting yourself.

I was a few games into the season with Rochdale and we were bottom half, nothing special but we aren't nowhere near gelling yet, but i took over the teamtalks using that theory and four unbeaton games later i'm in the top 6.

We played the top team away and i told them "pressure off, enjoy it" and we were 3-0 up within 20 minutes!

The Ass Man is not qualified to make these decisions at the lower levels so if you take a job in any of these leagues then try to read and memorise that paragraph and it really can make the difference.

This is what i was referring to concerning teamtalks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why does it say this:m is a mandatory field. You must enter a value for it.

What does this mean?

Originally posted by The Might Ricoher:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Does Walcott perform well in the MF? I have him at Aston Villa, but always play him as a forward. Do you play him on the left midfield or on the right?

It looks like you are using two attacking Midfielders. The tactic calls for one more attcking MC on the left, and one more defensive MC on the right. Getting this balance in the midfield is important in the success of the tactic.

There is much discussion about the importance of the TM in this tactic, but I feel that each role is critical. I overlooked the impoartance of the role of the midfielders for the first season and a half. I just ran out whoever I had, in a rotation to keep them happy and healthy. As soon as I got the midfield right, my team began to perform both home and away with equal profiency. I still have the occasional game where I give away pts on the road with a 1-1 draw, but that is way better than it was before.

Thanks for all your help. I play Walcott as the attacking right sided midfielder and also as the right sided forward as needed. Using your advice I will try and play him as the right sided forward and find a talented left sided DM.

I will let you know how it works. Incidentally I won my last game and in a gripping finish beat Aston Villa into 4th place claiming the final champions league spot. What a game and what a tactic. (It is good to **** on the villa </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After reading your post about playing Walcott in the midfield, I tried him there. I played him as the left side AM. He has played well there, but I prefer him as the right side forward.

Please see the attached link. As I have mentioned previously while I love Andysafc's tactic I do not like to play with a target man as I feel it makes the play too one dimensional. Here is the version that I have been playing with. Same basic principals as Andysafc and still no tweaking. I have played it in Scotlan, England, Germany, France, Spain and Italy with great success.

http://www.uploadfilego.com/download.php?file=692d982a2022d6ed490b7fe366146060

Originally posted by crazyscotsman:

Please see the attached link. As I have mentioned previously while I love Andysafc's tactic I do not like to play with a target man as I feel it makes the play too one dimensional. Here is the version that I have been playing with. Same basic principals as Andysafc and still no tweaking. I have played it in Scotlan, England, Germany, France, Spain and Italy with great success.

Here is a link to the picture of the formation I use.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd238/jna007/Picture1.png

Personally i would reject the Man U job offer, it's brilliant winning the EPL with any team outside the top 4. If you wanted a new challenge i would try a harder one not an easier one.

I took the Manu job before and got rid of all first team and reserves and started with the u-18's for my first team. Kept the squad average age to 21 - good challenge.

Have any of you lads had a chance to use the 'Fav Only' version? With Rochdale i now seem to be favs week in week out so i've stuck with it and i'm really pleased - my unbeaton run is now on 22 games.

I really need to bring in a striker but havn't even a penny to spend. Going to have to scour the loan market.

Interested to see how it fairs with other teams although highly recommended not to be used when underdogs.

crazyscotsman: I've downloaded your version but i can't try it just now. 22 games unbeaton with Rochdale is a personal record! I remember hitting about 19 or 20 with Sunderland, but to do this with a team which had a transfer budget for the season of only £10,000 has been great. I'm not changing just yet!

bafflinggc1.png] [/url]

Well my run finally came to and end after 24 games, and if you look closely at the scrren you will see it was c/o a controvsial penalty!

No complaints though, i've possibly had one or two decisions which have gone my way during the run.

Right so instead of including a link, i've copied and pasted the actual article. However i must stress that this is NOT my work, the credit deserved belongs to MATT UK.

Introduction

Team talks in FM07 are vital, they can win and lose games no matter how good or bad your players and tactics are. Having played the game for awhile I have noticed some things, and seem to have an idea of how it works. There is nothing to back up my findings but results and experience, but experience is valuable.

Understanding

Teams take time to gel and a team that has little understanding of his role, his teamates and his manager is doomed to failure. Teamtalks will have little or no effect on this team, and the team will respond badly or be unresponsive to anything you say.

Morale

Very important when choosing your teamtalks. Telling your team that you expect a win when morale is very poor will have no effect vice versa. Players need to be goaded gently from low morale to superb morale step by step.

Match Prediction

This has the most bearing on teamtalks. You may have what you think of an unbeatable team but if the game says that the opposition is favourites to win, then this is probably what your players think too. Title odds also work in the same way. For low or mediocre team (no matter what superstars you have poached) try/always wish them luck at the start.

Wishing them luck is THE teamtalk for the average game.

You can win this!

This isnt a bridge between wishing luck I expect a win. This match talk is for when your players are playing a slightly better team, a team they might think they CANT win. For Example if your Utd playing Arsenal Away from home. It gives the players motivation and the belief they can win. Note that the use of this and the next teamtalk lowers the options for the half time teamtalk.

I expect you to win!

This is for the major clubs like Chelsea, Inter, Barcalona. Start the season off slowly with wishing luck. Once you have a run of victories under your belt and are sitting comfortable at the top of the league, use this teamtalk to grind out win after win against medium to lower placed teams. As they are predicted high flyers more is expected of these teams and they will have the professionalism and determination to steam roll the opposition.

Relax/Enjoy the Match

This Teamtalk can be used to devastating effect. It will remove any pressures on the players and get them to perfom solely on thier ability under calm conditions. Good Times to use this teamtalk are against good to inferior teams in the cup, night time TV matches or for a match that you are probably going to win, but would like to relax the players from the usual tension when going for the title. It is also usefull when in a slump and the players need a win to restore faith.

For The Fans!

This teamtalk is best when used rarely. Use it in derbys and cup finals or when playing the rivals in a run in for the final.

Half Time Team Talks

These teamtalks are best used in conjunction with your original prematch ones. Telling the team to relax at the start then ripping into them at half time will confuse and annoy your players. Be shrewd when analysing your 1st half performance and choose your 2nd half team talk correctly.

Encourage!

This is the average team talk will have a slight effect on your team. It is best when used with the wish luck starter, and when 1-0 up and you think your players might have more goals in them. Can also be used effectivly when 1-0 down judging on the situuation

We can win this!

Best used when losing by a small margin or drawing (correct spelling?). Can lead to overconfidence in the players but can also give the team that extra confidence and motivation needed to get that one goal they need.

Dissapointing

This one will give your team the kick up they need when playing badly, losing 2-0 or losing 1-0 and it should be more. Best used as a rare bomb to swing games at half time, this team talk will often get your players speaking in the media, praising your words at half time.

Angry

I rarely If ever use this one. Losing 3-0 at half-time, then getting angry at your players will just deepen the wound and lower morale even more. Use very rarely when your players need snapping out of the doldrums, thinking they can win every game without any effort. Perhaps when losing 1-0 against the bottom of the league team. It takes a strong team to be able to take it on the chin.

Rare Teamtalks

Talks like, one more goal, unlucky not to be winning etc are all very good team talks. Use them often, especially in cup games. The only one I avoid from using is "avoid complacency" when won 3-0. Let the players enjoy thier win as by next saturday it will all be forgotten.

End of Game Talks

End of game team results are highly dependent on your players match ratings and result.

0-5: Dissapointing, they player might have had a bad day. If hes regularly getting this score, the dont get angry, get rid.

6-8: Depending on the result this can range from overall team talks to dissapointing to pleased. Single out players depending on thier score.

8-10: If your player gets an 8, but is the only player on the team to get such a high rating say pleased. If your team has all got 8s and won 4-0 perhaps say fantastic. Any player who gets 9-10 should always get fantastic, sensational. Not giving a player praise will make him slightly concerned and also when in a bad patch with your team, they will look back to the days they played amazingly without any credit.

I know you chaps probably know all this all ready but with these tips might give new players a good basis to start from.

On the subject of media comments before the match. These effect each player individually depending on his personality. Some may turn eager, some apprehensive. I always make no comment.

Andysafc:

If you get the chance I would appreciate you taking a shot with my revamped version of the tactic. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

I give it a go and it did seem to work well. I think you need to have different players in your squad though, i take it that you play with AM/CL and AM/CR rather than strikers in the wide positions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Andysafc:

If you get the chance I would appreciate you taking a shot with my revamped version of the tactic. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

I give it a go and it did seem to work well. I think you need to have different players in your squad though, i take it that you play with AM/CL and AM/CR rather than strikers in the wide positions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

andysafc: Thanks. The key for me with this tactic is to have a fast paced frontman with good dribbling skills, two old fashioned wingers, and a DL & DR who like to get forward and cross the ball.

Andy I'm actually drawing a lot of games in my 2nd season in the first div, I don't know whether its because last season I was odds on to go down, but didn't, and prediction is that I will be mid table this season, its against the lower clubs though, The bigger teams teams I seem to beat. Maybe I should change team talk for the lesser teams

I have tried your new Rochdale tactics and get the same results.

I think team talks have a massive influence in lower leagues, but getting team talks right is another thing. "You have nothing to lose" seems to work well away against the better teams, and even at home.

But with the lesser teams I've tried all the options to no avail.

I do find giving a couple of individual players a boot up the a*se at half time if they have a score of 6 and their moral is either suberb or very good.

If their moral is poor "faith in your ability" seems work.

Blade111 - I've noticed that i hit stages where i get draw after draw. Is it because the teamtalks are repetitive or does the tactic need to be opened up a little more?

Same thing here, andy.

I have a period where i get draw after draw. Havent bothered me to much though. Have moved on and played. But it is irritating when it happens.

Thought you should know.

icon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

Just played a game against Orient at home now, they were favourites to win they're top of the league they have not lost in eighteen games, So my team talk was " You have nothing to lose" at half time we were 2-1 up, at half time I "encouraged them because they all had 7 except 1 striker who had 8 so I told him I was pleased, and 1 defender who had 5, I wasn't taking any chances with him told him I was angry and subbed him, we went on to comfortably win 3-1 and the guy that came on as sub got an 8.

I just reckon its down to getting teamtalk correct, I think because my odds are more in my favour to stay up this season, then maybe you have to think about being more positive about winning. Except if the odds are against you. we'll see.

Right sorry about this but things are looking up again.

Just played Brighton away, they were slight favourites but accordiing to the report I had every chance of walking away with something.

So my teamtalk "wish them luck" by half time we were 2-1 up, I didn't encourage this time I told them "I was pleased" the players all had 7 or 8 so I didn't pick out any individuals for a personnal one to one, we soaked up quite a bit of pressure in the next 20mins but my keeper and defence were outstanding, after that we had a few shots but it ended up 2-1 to us.

I think I may have picked th wrong opposion at half and "encouraged them" would of probably been better or I should of picked the players with 8 and said "delighted with them". We will never know

But we won so things are looking up, he said hopefully.

Well with Yeading I finished 8th in my first season, due mainly to a really bad bout of injuries to my front men, so this season I have cranked their training back a little, and Have bought in extra cover. This means I get complaints bout wanting first team football, but that I can deal with. Currently sitting 4th, but I am also dropping games against the lowly teams...I think it is my team talks as well, but we will see I am trying something slightly new. And I use both your tactics back and forward, but my team really seems to have a problem every six games or so, but moving up so happy.

Originally posted by Lower Leagues Rule:

Well with Yeading I finished 8th in my first season, due mainly to a really bad bout of injuries to my front men, so this season I have cranked their training back a little, and Have bought in extra cover. This means I get complaints bout wanting first team football, but that I can deal with. Currently sitting 4th, but I am also dropping games against the lowly teams...I think it is my team talks as well, but we will see I am trying something slightly new. And I use both your tactics back and forward, but my team really seems to have a problem every six games or so, but moving up so happy.

please try my version. i don't use a TM.

fm2007vb2.png] [/url]

FAVOURATES ONLY

That seemed to solve it!

ahhh once again i can't d/l from these upload site, can u upload it to megaupload or rapidshare? icon_biggrin.gif

andy,

really starting to struggle now, just outside the play off positions, strikers have stopped scoring, goalkeeper is leaking goals, i've loaned a keeper but he's been struck down with flu!!

only 10-15 games left this season and im supposed to be winning promotion.

any thoughts? here's my squad;

www.ImageShack.us" /></a>]Carlisle Team[/url]

Cheers.

season 5

retained the league by 6pts did`nt score as many but had the best defence in the league

pld w d l f a pts pos

38 25 7 6 62 28 82 1st

went out in the early rounds of both domestic cups but made it to the final of the champions league only to lose on pens to liverpool it was heartbraking so on to season 6 to see if i can finally win the CL

Well well things are going great guns, into the 6th rd fa cup, you got to remember I'm a 1st Div team, just beat Spurs at 1-0 at home, teamtalk was " you've got nothing to lose" we were 1-0 up at half time, then in team talk I decided on "I am thrilled" and it stayed 1-0 we were unlucky not to get more, but their gk had a blinder. (Robinson makes a change lol).

I'm a bit gutted as I've drawn Pompey at home next I needed a big away game.

Archived