A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember what sunny said about this tactic working with the reserves also. TBH i never even checked so as i hit the end of the season and winning the Championship with Sunderland, i had a look to see how my reserves fared over the season.

This is the end of season outcome...

fm2007oh9.png] [/url]

The only thing i did with the reserves (and youth) is to tick the option that says "use current match tactic".

Now this may seem of little relevence but it can play a role. If you get hit with an injury crisis and need to play someone from the reserves they already know the system and slot in easily. If you build through the youth system, then the players will develope with the tactic and should make coming through the ranks a more successful chance.

Originally posted by andysafc:

Don't look on being knocked out as a failure, putting out Valencia and Manure is a tremendous success. But i still think you can get past Barcelona!

You were right, mister. I made it through to the semis. I think that it is quite amazing to achieve that with this team from nothern part of norway.

But beware that i now have used the same players in 2 years now, the same strikers for 3. So as little changes as possible is the key in my opinion. this is my first season in champions league. It is an adventure!

beatingbarcavt4.th.png]

Gonna meet liverpool in the semis and in the other semi is chelsea versus arsenal.

Could we go all the way.....????

But beware that i now have used the same players in 2 years now, the same strikers for 3. So as little changes as possible is the key in my opinion. this is my first season in champions league. It is an adventure!

This counts as a lot, worth much more than 5 top signings as far as consistancy goes. By the way, how much money have you earned a long the way?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But beware that i now have used the same players in 2 years now, the same strikers for 3. So as little changes as possible is the key in my opinion. this is my first season in champions league. It is an adventure!

This counts as a lot, worth much more than 5 top signings as far as consistancy goes. By the way, how much money have you earned a long the way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

getting close to about 10 million £ i think, pluss i get som money when the tournament is over. but i want to build the stadium not spend a lot of money on players.

I have to be very careful when i search for players, dont want to ruin the balance of the team. for instance i have albrechtsen who is usually playing for the reserves of Fulham. He is brilliant in my team. He fits in perfect because he is danish.

OK JANUARY UPDATE SEASON THREE!

And what a stange season it has been so far I started the season knowing full well that the champions league was involved I know full full that I needed a little more quality so went out and strengthened by a couple but this has caused me to observe something about the tactic in its self so this is not anything to do with who or what you buy. Also I will not name names as Admins do not like it.

So I invested in another Target man to replace Stefan eventually and a quality defender who can play D L/C and played him in the middle and a youngster who has finally come on and made the first team who also plays D L/C and he is playing on the left. However for the first month all I could do was Draw and concede late on and I had no idea why and thought has the tactic been found out? Second month much of the same but going great guns in europe except for away at Celtic! So after two months I switched them and man what a sensational move looking alot more stable at the back and the formation is strong. end of the first two months I was hanging between 10th and 14th until November when I realised that a new striker who had great composure had not scored in the league but was good in europe where all his goals had come. This looked similar to what I found last season when I bought Landon Donovan who did not get his first goal till April but I bought him in during November and he is unstoppable. BEFORE admins complain this is my second observation and that is like the squad understanding players need about a season to understand how this works and I would suggest to people no matter how much you spend on the player DO NOT risk them have them on the bench and introduce them slowly and in cups against lower league teams.

So then November and December happened please understand end of October 14th and 9 points adrift. This is now!

overviewxq3.th.jpg]Overview[/url]

squadvc4.th.jpg]Squad[/url]

tableta8.th.jpg]Table[/url]

So yet again it takes me by surprise but disaster I think is about to strike as my Chairman is demanding a BIG HIGH PROFILE signing.

So yet again it takes me by surprise but disaster I think is about to strike as my Chairman is demanding a BIG HIGH PROFILE signing.

One big name signing should not be a problem, i've used it to my advantage before. If the team has gelled one signing should slot in if he has the class anyway, but 3+ signings is a completely different matter.

Oh My God!! I just got Promoted to the Prem with Gills!! I managed to win in the playoffs 2 nil against Cardiff in the finals. What a tactic im just dreading the Prem now icon_frown.gif

Gonna be one hell of a test as we are about 10.5 mill in debt and a budget of around 400k. But this tactic is the dogs ********. Through the latter of the season i used the tactic with the 2 farrows in the fb's.

Table

Andy i must say this is a superb tactic it should work on any team in any league IMO.

Well Done Andy Mate icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

Point missed in my update I missed out on the England job to Paul Jewell and League one manager and I turned down the Arsenal job.

I stand by the fact this is the greatest tactic on FM07 if not in the history of Football Manager. (Diablo of cause does not count as it was a cheat tactic!)

***Tromso in the Semi's of the European Cup***Gillinhgam in the EPL****Sunderland won the European Cup***Best Tactic ever in the history of FM*** Oh my god, what have i created!

Mike235110: I'll look into that now.

Got smashed by liverpool 6-3 on aggregate. Had a 2-1 lead from the home match, but in the away leg the scored 3 within the first 17 minutes and i lost 5-1.

But overall im thrilled by my performance and i have now builded up a good base in my team and i now that i can perform in europe. So the project continues to take this side to the top.

Ps: i have raised my vale of the club with 29 mill £ of one year. I think that is great!

Got smashed by liverpool 6-3 on aggregate. Had a 2-1 lead from the home match, but in the away leg the scored 3 within the first 17 minutes and i lost 5-1.

But overall im thrilled by my performance and i have now builded up a good base in my team and i now that i can perform in europe. So the project continues to take this side to the top.

Ps: i have raised my vale of the club with 29 mill £ of one year. I think that is great!

Ah well... there is always next season! How are you doing in the League? I found when i won the European Cup my domestic form wasn't as good as previously. Will you be able to mount another challenge next season?

Okay, this tactic worked with my west brom side in the end, finished top of the championship table with 105 points. And my squad is like 5th rated in the prem now (scout) so I shouldnt have any trouble at all pushing right up the table, but two months into my prem season im sitting 19th, having lost 4, drew 2 and won 1. Does it take 2 months for them to settle in EACH season or does it just take 2 months to settle when you first employ the tactic? Because im being outplayed and washed away in like every game atm.

Help please. icon_smile.gif

Okay, this tactic worked with my west brom side in the end, finished top of the championship table with 105 points. And my squad is like 5th rated in the prem now (scout) so I shouldnt have any trouble at all pushing right up the table, but two months into my prem season im sitting 19th, having lost 4, drew 2 and won 1. Does it take 2 months for them to settle in EACH season or does it just take 2 months to settle when you first employ the tactic? Because im being outplayed and washed away in like every game atm.

Help please.

It takes awhile to settle into ANY season if you have bought several players. However if you haven't made changes it should start better.

Either way you shouldn't be getting trounced in each game, maybe to many draws so something sounds wrong.

After clinching top spot in the Championship we went on to win the FA Cup against Tottenham. What surprised me though is that we were favourites. Yes we won the Championship but top finish 8th in the EPL, surely they had a better team? Maybe the bookies have sussed my tactic, after all they say they arn't fools!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Got smashed by liverpool 6-3 on aggregate. Had a 2-1 lead from the home match, but in the away leg the scored 3 within the first 17 minutes and i lost 5-1.

Ah well... there is always next season! How are you doing in the League? I found when i won the European Cup my domestic form wasn't as good as previously. Will you be able to mount another challenge next season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah thats the case. because i just have that spescial 11 in my team, and i havent had the funds to add quality to my reserves. But hopefully that can change.

Hi guys,

I have posted on this topic before. I am currently top of the EPL with Coventry and going very nicely. I have encountered one problem. Can anyone help or point me in the direction of a good thread elsewhere.

The problem: Selling players that don't work out right. I have a few too many and am trying to cut them down as my youth system is now producing great players.

Any tips.

Cheers

Hi guys,

I have posted on this topic before. I am currently top of the EPL with Coventry and going very nicely. I have encountered one problem. Can anyone help or point me in the direction of a good thread elsewhere.

The problem: Selling players that don't work out right. I have a few too many and am trying to cut them down as my youth system is now producing great players.

Any tips.

Cheers

I think quite a few people suffer from this, i've offered my players to clubs and even for free but rarely are they accepted.

If anyone knows the best way of getting shot of players i'd be interested.

Best way to get rid of unwanted players is to discount their transfer value - that is,if they're worth £2m, offer them for say, £1.25M. Then go to offer to clubs screen and ask for initial payment of ZERO with rest of payment spread over 24 months.

To avoid damaging the morale of the first team,you then need to dump them in the reserves, don't worry, the offers will still come in and you can then, if you're lucky, sell them to the highest bidder!

Need to update a bit.

-Have now won the premiership in norway for the 3rd time in a row. It was a bit more difficult and i blame my sucsess in the champions league.

-I also now attract better players. Who would believe that Theo Walcott and Armand Traore would ever play for Tromsø.

-It seem im getting more stable in the European competitions and that pleases me. I think that is the key to be sucsessfull even more.

-Im also in the richest list, which i think is impressive from a Norwegian Team!!

Will update more when im through with the Champions League.

Need to update a bit.

-Have now won the premiership in norway for the 3rd time in a row. It was a bit more difficult and i blame my sucsess in the champions league.

-I also now attract better players. Who would believe that Theo Walcott and Armand Traore would ever play for Tromsø.

-It seem im getting more stable in the European competitions and that pleases me. I think that is the key to be sucsessfull even more.

-Im also in the richest list, which i think is impressive from a Norwegian Team!!

In the Richest Teams list with a Norwegian Team, is that not equivlent to someone like Darlington making the rich list? No disrespect to Tromso of course.

I'm not sure if you'll ever win the Champions League with them but keep things in persective, there are still people in threads on here complaining they can't win anything and you've won THREE titles in a row!

I also found when i progressed in Europe that my domestic success dropped slightly, not sure why.

Is it because your playing more games?

No, because that should effect both comeptitions. It appears that you form rises in one and drops in the other. Is this inserted to effect real life?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Need to update a bit.

In the Richest Teams list with a Norwegian Team, is that not equivlent to someone like Darlington making the rich list? No disrespect to Tromso of course.

I'm not sure if you'll ever win the Champions League with them but keep things in persective, there are still people in threads on here complaining they can't win anything and you've won THREE titles in a row!

I also found when i progressed in Europe that my domestic success dropped slightly, not sure why.

Is it because your playing more games?

No, because that should effect both comeptitions. It appears that you form rises in one and drops in the other. Is this inserted to effect real life? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets take som examples:

-Rosenborg is through to the champions league this year, but they wont win the league and qualify for the competition next year.

-Manure had sucsess in the premiership, but struggled in the last stages last year.

-Liverpool struggeled in the league, but they had sucsess in europe.

That is just some examples from real life. So i think you need double covers in every position to have a chance of sucsess in both competitions.

No offence to Darlington but i think they are a little bit weaker than Tromsø.(I think.....)hehehe.

Im still hoping that i could win the champions league, but it will take a few seasons i think. but the group stages this year we were more confident than last year and played better and i was clear when there was to matches left.

Originally posted by No8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No8:

Is there any chance of another link to these tactics please. I tried the links on this page but it said invalid download link. Thanks.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No matter tried it in internet explorer and it worked.

Did beat sevilla 4-0 in the first leg at home in the 1/8 final. And the best part is that it was no luck and no doubt about the win.

But i think i have to take baby steps towards my goal. I have to be careful NOT to ruin the balance in the team.

The best thing in my experience with this tactic is that i know exactly what kind of players i need and what kind of attributes i must look for. And the most expencive player doesnt need to be the right player for my team.

The best thing in my experience with this tactic is that i know exactly what kind of players i need and what kind of attributes i must look for. And the most expencive player doesnt need to be the right player for my team.

That sentence could have been a quote from a famous manager, and so true these words are. Your not taking 'baby steps' anymore Sunny, you've learnt to walk. How long before your running - accross the pitch holding the European Cup aloft? Tromso for the European Cup? It's only a matter of time!

Well done sunny and thanks for your contributions, we can all learn something from them - myself included!

just thinking andy maybe you could post a andyssafc tactic plyers thread in the good player and team forum then every1 could post there squads and say who is doin the business

It's not easy to understand because the goalposts appear to get moved by those in charge, but my understanding so far is that you ARE allowed to name players so long as...

A) You don't include squad lists.

B) You don't include their valuations.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The best thing in my experience with this tactic is that i know exactly what kind of players i need and what kind of attributes i must look for. And the most expencive player doesnt need to be the right player for my team.

That sentence could have been a quote from a famous manager, and so true these words are. Your not taking 'baby steps' anymore Sunny, you've learnt to walk. How long before your running - accross the pitch holding the European Cup aloft? Tromso for the European Cup? It's only a matter of time!

Well done sunny and thanks for your contributions, we can all learn something from them - myself included! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is not a big secret you know. It is just something you notice when you use the tactic and you learn what to do when its necsessary.

-Should you play a "ronaldinho or a gerrard" in the lmid position for instance.

That is something that comes naturally.

But thank you for the kind words.

I know consider you my good friend!

It is not a big secret you know. It is just something you notice when you use the tactic and you learn what to do when its necsessary.

-Should you play a "ronaldinho or a gerrard" in the lmid position for instance.

That is something that comes naturally.

But thank you for the kind words.

I know consider you my good friend!

Yes your right it is no big secret any anyone should work it out for themselves. But twice in this thread i've noticed someone saying they signed Beckham, now although i've nothing against Beckham and given another tactic i would love to use him but as Sunny correctly says it's a matter of knowing the difference between Ronaldinho and Gerrard. In other words if you know this tactic as good as Sunny does you would know that Beckham would not fit into the defensive side of the Midfield. Both midfielders work hard in closing down and tackling. Does that sound like it is suitable for Beckham or a skilful player like Ronaldinho?

As with real life you have to think as to would potencial signings, regardless of how brilliant they are, fit into your set up.

FM 07 gets a lot of bad feedback but imo it is a lot more realistic as some people think.

Originally posted by LukeWeaver:

Having absolutly murdered the championship, finishing on 105 points, this tactic has thus far failed badly in the prem. Here are my results at christmas:

4mhh05c.jpg

I need help, quickly :/

Need more info:

-How many players have you bought for this new season

-Who is your target.

-How do you set up your midfield

-Do you have pacey defenders.

We need as much info as possible

Originally posted by sunny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LukeWeaver:

Having absolutly murdered the championship, finishing on 105 points, this tactic has thus far failed badly in the prem. Here are my results at christmas:

4mhh05c.jpg

Need more info:

-Who is your target.

We need as much info as possible </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, bought 2 central defenders and an experienced midfielder in.

The individual pace of each of my first 5 defenders are: 16 / 17 / 14 / 15 / 14.

I set up my midfield as it tells me to in the tactic? Normally with the more defensive minded MC on the right and the more attack minded MC on the left.

And my target man for this half of the season had been this guy (even though my chairman just accepted a 10million bid on him so he will be leaving shortly :/):

2aaehd2.jpg

Need more info:

-Who is your target.

We need as much info as possible

I repeat what Sunny says, your screenshot shows it hasn't worked but gives us no clues as to why.

I know that your not allowed to give squad lists but surely a screenshot of your squad would give us some valuable information needed to be able to advise you. After all - isn't that what this forum is supposed to be for?

Originally posted by LukeWeaver:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sunny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LukeWeaver:

4mhh05c.jpg

Need more info:

-Who is your target.

The individual pace of each of my first 5 defenders are: 16 / 17 / 14 / 15 / 14.

I set up my midfield as it tells me to in the tactic? Normally with the more defensive minded MC on the right and the more attack minded MC on the left.

And my target man for this half of the season had been this guy (even though my chairman just accepted a 10million bid on him so he will be leaving shortly :/):

2aaehd2.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

need more:

did you buy a lot of players for your season in the premier league.

maybe you need two defensive midfielders until you can come on track again.

i dont know.

could you post a screenshot of your squad for starters?

Sunny i'm with you mate on FM 08 if you want?

I don't want to release anything on here though until it has been tested fully.

To many tactics get put on here then you have v2, v3 v4 soon after. The beauty of my tactic throughout this whole thread is that it has hardly changed, just a couple of settings which were more due to errors. The tactic itself remains the same.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sunny:

4mhh05c.jpg

Need more info:

-Who is your target.

2aaehd2.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

need more:

did you buy a lot of players for your season in the premier league.

maybe you need two defensive midfielders until you can come on track again.

i dont know.

could you post a screenshot of your squad for starters? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I said, I bought two central defenders and a midfielder.

And you know I cant post a screenie of my squad, doesnt that break the rules?

Anyway just lost 3-0 to birmingham, which is the most embarrasing result of them all :/

Hi sunny , what are the main four things you look for in the various positions.?

I had great success using andys tactic with Spurs , but have struggled with other teams.

When you get a chance would you just say what attributes are vital in this tactic , I now about pace but what others are important?

thanks

As I said, I bought two central defenders and a midfielder.

And you know I cant post a screenie of my squad, doesnt that break the rules?

Anyway just lost 3-0 to birmingham, which is the most embarrasing result of them all :/

You should not be getting those results and the only way i get help us to find out what players you are using, imo it's a silly situation that i cannot see your squad here so could you save your squad screen and then email it to me (get my email from my profile).

Originally posted by boingboing:

Sure i can, but is it okay if ill wait until tomorrow morning. I want to do it properly and i dont want to stress it now in the evening?

Hi sunny , what are the main four things you look for in the various positions.?

I had great success using andys tactic with Spurs , but have struggled with other teams.

When you get a chance would you just say what attributes are vital in this tactic , I now about pace but what others are important?

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived