A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

I started a save with Parma with this tactic and i was deligted in the first place, i was 2nd with +- 10 games played, but after some more games i droped to 4th, after that i started to lose game after game... the last time i saw the table i was 10th (with 32 games played)... it was the most chooking thing in my recent FM saves... icon_frown.gif

dunno if i have the courage to give the tactic another chance...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all your support. I really do think what Rashidi said was uncalled for. 8 pages into the thread before a guru comments and then it's because it's to close the thread!

No comments on what the tactic is about or how it's helped others.

If he had been more tactful a simple request to not put player valuations would have been acceptable.

It makes people think that this tactic is against what should be acceptable. Before i created this tactic i was really frustrated with the game and seriously considered giving up the game. Is that what they want people to do?

Bad-Relgion... It's already been mentioned in this thread that this tactic requires certain players from certain countries. The Italians are NOT recommended.

just tried the tweak previously suggested about giving alan smith ball to feet as opposed to head. absolutely demolishedspurs away 6-1!! then drew with chelski at home 1-1 also i've tried man marking the oppo's danger man seems to be working so far. although i have slipped down to 2nd 5points behind the arse! i'll be more than happy with this as im still 11 points clear of man u in 3rd champions league having a laugh!!!!

I tried this tactic with Scunthorpe in league 1. It started well with a 5--0 win over Port Vale but then started to go downhill slipping to eigth at one point. But after a recent run of form at the death came 3rd and won the play=off final 2-1 against Bradford.

In february I was getting bored so I added a new manager as man city boss.

They were 16th and on a bad losing streak, lost the first game 2-0 to l'pool but managed to revive the blue's and finish 5th!

Daniel Sturridge is advise to anyone searching forwards scored a hat-rick v arsenal for me.

Thanks Andy

Originally posted by andysafc:

Thanks for all your support. I really do think what Rashidi said was uncalled for. 8 pages into the thread before a guru comments and then it's because it's to close the thread!

No comments on what the tactic is about or how it's helped others.

If he had been more tactful a simple request to not put player valuations would have been acceptable.

It makes people think that this tactic is against what should be acceptable. Before i created this tactic i was really frustrated with the game and seriously considered giving up the game. Is that what they want people to do?

Bad-Relgion... It's already been mentioned in this thread that this tactic requires certain players from certain countries. The Italians are NOT recommended.

like I said no naming player prices here. Names have been mentioned that's fine, attributes as well that's fine...the line gets crossed when people start putting prices..It's a fine line between the two. Easy to trip up. I haven't closed the thread have I?

Originally posted by marx:

hahaha, Rashidi & Co doesn't comment this thread because their overcomplicated theories with 100-pages threads doesn't work for others icon_smile.gif .

I can too say this tactic put new life into this game.

All those gurus couldn't make good tactic, and even one of them search for a reason to close this thread, hahaha!

Corner scheme is much better in second version, good work!

Complete ********...I hardly comment on people's tactics cos I need to use them, and it ain't something I do. So don't make assumptions about things you know nothing about. Yo think that I'm closing this thread because I don't like a tactic is simply stupid.

Originally posted by rashidi1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marx:

hahaha, Rashidi & Co doesn't comment this thread because their overcomplicated theories with 100-pages threads doesn't work for others icon_smile.gif .

I can too say this tactic put new life into this game.

All those gurus couldn't make good tactic, and even one of them search for a reason to close this thread, hahaha!

Corner scheme is much better in second version, good work!

Complete ********...I hardly comment on people's tactics cos I need to use them, and it ain't something I do. So don't make assumptions about things you know nothing about. Yo think that I'm closing this thread because I don't like a tactic is simply stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i can understand what your saying rashidi and totally agree with you regarding player prices. cannot understad why you just didnt warn not to price players instead of straight away threatening to shut the thread down!!!

He did warn once, but its now on a knife edge. The guy who posted the prices was doing so as he wanted to give all the information he could as the tactic wasnt working for him and was desperate to make it work.

We cant control who posts what here, thats the job of the mods. I just think that if a thread has helped people, like this one, it should be kept open and the offending post (player price) deleted...not the thread. This topic is the only one I read at the moment, and would wish those who believe they understand the AI to give it a whirl and see if they know of any improvements to improve it further.

like I said no naming player prices here. Names have been mentioned that's fine, attributes as well that's fine...the line gets crossed when people start putting prices..It's a fine line between the two. Easy to trip up. I haven't closed the thread have I?

I don't know why people put valuations on players anyway, unless they think they got a super bargain? Otherwise valuations are pointless, because what you pay for Alan Smith in one game could be different to someone else in another game.

Anyway i've asked people not to include valuations also and they have obliged - THANKS icon_wink.gif

Also i would like to ask everyone replying from here onwards to draw a line and move on.

I don't want this tread to be used for exchanging insults, there are other threads where you can do that.

So no more player valuations and this is the end of the matter. THANKS for your support and encouragement.

glynnbob

We all can't control who posts what where and when, sometimes I have no choice but to come in hard. I don't like it any more than the next guy. I haven't got all the time in the world to read each thread esp when they are 9 pages long. So I usually leave it up to the authors of the threads and some of the other more civic conscious chaps to get others in line.

Its usually not the older members who are at fault, but the newer ones. I don't close threads unless a serious breach has occurred, none has happened here. There are emails that one can use for more detailed help.

Giving details about player prices does nothing to explain how a tactic works, that is entering into the realm of another forum.

That in no way helped the thread especially for a tactic as popular as this, and it would have been very unfair to the author to have the topic closed for a stupid breach.

I know its possible to delete a person's posts but that wouldn't help, it also takes longer to edit. I just don't have that much time in a day to do all that as well.

Started the season with Nottm Forest so far I've won 1 lost 1. 3rd game in and I use this tactic, did it work? 3-0 up after 30 minutes (away against bradford) and my striker scoring on his debut.. And I'm yet to finish the game but i'll just post this now as I'm sure to win.. my hat off to you! Great tactic.

Originally posted by rashidi1:

glynnbob

We all can't control who posts what where and when, sometimes I have no choice but to come in hard. I don't like it any more than the next guy. I haven't got all the time in the world to read each thread esp when they are 9 pages long. So I usually leave it up to the authors of the threads and some of the other more civic conscious chaps to get others in line.

Its usually not the older members who are at fault, but the newer ones. I don't close threads unless a serious breach has occurred, none has happened here. There are emails that one can use for more detailed help.

Giving details about player prices does nothing to explain how a tactic works, that is entering into the realm of another forum.

That in no way helped the thread especially for a tactic as popular as this, and it would have been very unfair to the author to have the topic closed for a stupid breach.

I know its possible to delete a person's posts but that wouldn't help, it also takes longer to edit. I just don't have that much time in a day to do all that as well.

thanks for reply rashidi, think it's time to move on now and start discussing how successful this tactic actually is. andysafc im still getting caught out down the flanks and my f'bs pace are 18 and 19 acc 17 and 16 so any more ideas? take off fwd runs?

im still getting caught out down the flanks and my f'bs pace are 18 and 19 acc 17 and 16 so any more ideas? take off fwd runs?

Fwd runs should only be mixed, with crossing from deep so they shouldn't be exposed to much.

Try reducing the fwd runs firstly, another option would be to reduce their mentality slighly although i'd be reluctant to tamper with this as it will effect the teams balance.

QuickFeetRonnie: Although i understand your enthusism, we don't need a running in match commentary! As i would say to anyone give the tatic a good test, minimum 15 games, then let me know how it's going.

However it is nice to read people enjoying the tactic as good as myself.

As the threads quite long now, one thing i'd like to repeat is concerning the teamtalks and pre-match comments.

TEAMTALK: Personally i use the AssMan option but if you want to do it yourself then do some research. I remember Rashidi doing a good thread and the main thing is not to set the same response to ALL your team. Different age groups reqire different feedback.

PRE MATCH MEDIA COMMENT: When i'm in the top 6 of any division, if i'm playing a lower team... i'll warn against complicancy. If i'm playing a team near or above us, i'll say ... is a good team but we're on form and i think we can win it.

Occasionally the comments are slightly different but if look closely you should find the same option.

TEAMTALK: Personally i use the AssMan option but if you want to do it yourself then do some research. I remember Rashidi doing a good thread and the main thing is not to set the same response to ALL your team. Different age groups reqire different feedback.

PRE MATCH MEDIA COMMENT: When i'm in the top 6 of any division, if i'm playing a lower team... i'll warn against complicancy. If i'm playing a team near or above us, i'll say ... is a good team but we're on form and i think we can win it.

Occasionally the comments are slightly different but if look closely you should find the same option.

The reason i mention this is because what you say DOES have an effect. Choose the wrong one and it could fire up the opposition.

I'm covering the basics just now, everyone should do this but not everyone does.

Goto the tactics screen, select View then Attributes, then Corners

It will show you numbers for each player regarning taking Corners. The higher number the better.

Now goto Instructions and select Corner Takers. Now study your own players as to who are the best corner takers for left and right and drag them into the relevent boxes.

This should then be done with free kicks, select your best left - right free kick takers from the free kick attribute.

Then again with the pens, and with the Captains(Influence).

All the information is there and it takes just a couple of minutes, make sure you use it!

As the threads quite long now, one thing i'd like to repeat is concerning the teamtalks and pre-match comments.

If you want to get the best out of team talks, then do individual talks. The best rule to follow is this...one fundamental thing to do is to get angry with any player who has 6 for ratings and has superb morale. If he has a determined personality then he will get fired up

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">TEAMTALK: Personally i use the AssMan option but if you want to do it yourself then do some research. I remember Rashidi doing a good thread and the main thing is not to set the same response to ALL your team. Different age groups reqire different feedback.

The reason i mention this is because what you say DOES have an effect. Choose the wrong one and it could fire up the opposition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I rather use no comment for all matches...and concentrate on teamtalks

Finished my 1st season with Nottm Forest. Won League One in a pretty dominant fashion. The key thing in my view is to have at least two (tall) TM's - I find they tend to tire quicker than the other forwards. My results were:

P46 W32 D8 L6 GF81 GA32 PTS104

I have just come back to this forum to see if there was an update to the tactic after a few days away and it seems my last post has cause a fair bit of controversy. Sorry to andysafc if it had taken the shine off this tactic thread.

to be honest I cant understand what the fuss was about but anyway.

Started a new game as West Ham with the latest update from weegie to see if pace really is the be all and end all.

I beleive with a few quality signings it can carry me to the league title in season 1.

I let you know and i promise not to give any valuations away.

If you want to get the best out of team talks, then do individual talks. The best rule to follow is this...one fundamental thing to do is to get angry with any player who has 6 for ratings and has superb morale. If he has a determined personality then he will get fired up

Is there still a link availible which, if i remember correctly, give much more detailed information?

johnlan: This is no diablo tactic and righly so, so don't expect to dominate the Championship to the same extent you did Division One. Although i believe progress to the EPL certainly possible, staying there is another matter.

just an update finished 2nd andy which im well pleased with. champions league football at the stadium of light icon14.gif alan smith won player of the year,rochemback won players player of the year and agirre(dm) young player of the year!!! smith will be 32 two months into the season so do you think i should stick with him?? ive got mido and pekhart in the wings waiting and pekharts coming on a traet at 24yrs old. also after an average season everyone's scrambling for bale inc. chelsea man u and real!!1

While Smith continues to perform like that i would keep him in, 32 year old is not a problem for a TM. I believe that a players performances does the talking, there is no need to drop him until you get evidence which suggests otherwise.

Damn right, had to bookmark it 8 times now to stay with the latest page, and page 10 is a couple of posts away! Great success.

Bookmarked from day one - i'm impressed! How is it going with you though? Never heard anything since winning the EPL with Aston Villa.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This tactic kicks a$$ in my frist 20 games with Wrexham

played-20

Won-14

Draw-5

Lost-1

Goals-36

Conceeded-7

That is an incredible record and surprised me. Losing only one game and 7 goals from 20 games is excellent. Well done icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

End of season one finished 1st

Played-46

Won-36

Draw-7

Lost-3

Goals-65

Conceaded-12

Half way thought my 2nd season in league 1

Played-21

Won-15

Draw-4

Lost-3

Goals-59

Conceaded-12

After gaining promotion with Scunthorpe,

I am 10th in the league with 8 points from 6 games.

I drew the first 5 and just beat Sheffield Utd 2-0!

So unbeaten with Scunthorpe in 6 games in the championship seems good to me, it's a cracking tactic and the team starting to gel quite nicely

Bookmarked from day one - i'm impressed! How is it going with you though? Never heard anything since winning the EPL with Aston Villa.

It was my fav team blackburn actually. I made the mistake of buying shed loads of players the next year, mostly foreigners and it got tough.

I have this poor attention span that means I dont get past 2-3 seasons without getting bored.

Will pick another team as I am now in a job that means 5-6 hrs a day sitting around waiting for computers to break so I can fix them!

here are my pre season results icon_biggrin.gif

Carwley 0-6 Wrexham icon_biggrin.gif

Frickley 4-1 Wrexham icon14.gif

East Fife 0-1 Wrexham icon_wink.gif

Wrexham 3-2 liverpool reserves(Babel even played)icon_biggrin.gif

Wrexham 2-0 Norwich icon_biggrin.gif

Wrexham 3-1 Hull icon_biggrin.gif

Campbell played 4 scored 5 and assists 4 icon_biggrin.gif

and one mid seems to scores and the other on assists

Mark Jones 4 played and 4 assists

Matt crowell 6 played 5 goals and a assists

look like the tactic is working icon14.gif

Carwley 0-6 Wrexham

Frickley 4-1 Wrexham

East Fife 0-1 Wrexham

Wrexham 3-2 liverpool reserves(Babel even played)

Wrexham 2-0 Norwich

Wrexham 3-1 Hull

Great pre season results but i only use pre season for fitness levels. I don't pay much attention to the results. It really counts once the season gets underway, just ask Sir Alex!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">brilliant, simply brilliant.

Can you elaborate a little?

What team used? What sort of success? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used this tactic with my New Caledonia national team and we won the OFC nations cup beating New Zealand 7-1 over 2 games in the final (beating them is amazing for New Caledonia, beating them 7-1 is something else). We were only favourites for 2 out of the 10 or so games in the competition but won all except for 2 draws and 1 defeat.

Except for the game were we got defeated we always outplayed the opposition who were considered to be much stronger.

Now we get to play in the confederations cup!

I used this for my Fulham side towards the end of the first season; all my wingers were injured so I decided to go with the three up front to get some better fire power. we cemented our place in 2nd, which was where we were when I first started using it.

However, start the 2nd season, and disaster. My squad was easily strong enough to break into Europe, yet we ended up finishing 14th. Could never get a run together, never got into games and rarely scored goals. After narrowly slipping through to the Champions League knockouts I switched back to WWfan's formations, where the League form still didn't pick up but we won the CL.

So no idea on what happened really. at the end of the season it was good, not great but good. I used it right up until February in my second year until we got taken over and the new chairman wanted to hire a new manager, so I switched back to what I was using before to avoid the sack.

I used this tactic with my New Caledonia national team and we won the OFC nations cup beating New Zealand 7-1 over 2 games in the final (beating them is amazing for New Caledonia, beating them 7-1 is something else). We were only favourites for 2 out of the 10 or so games in the competition but won all except for 2 draws and 1 defeat.

Except for the game were we got defeated we always outplayed the opposition who were considered to be much stronger.

As far as i am aware this tactic (while relatively untweaked) it has won the EPL (Several different teams), Championship (ditto), First Division, League Cup, FA Cup, UEFA Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, World Club Cup and now we can add the OFC Nations Cup! How long before the Confederations Cup is added to that list?

I'm sure there are one or two more that i am unaware of.

I used this for my Fulham side towards the end of the first season; all my wingers were injured so I decided to go with the three up front to get some better fire power. we cemented our place in 2nd, which was where we were when I first started using it.

However, start the 2nd season, and disaster. My squad was easily strong enough to break into Europe, yet we ended up finishing 14th. Could never get a run together, never got into games and rarely scored goals. After narrowly slipping through to the Champions League knockouts I switched back to WWfan's formations, where the League form still didn't pick up but we won the CL.

So no idea on what happened really. at the end of the season it was good, not great but good. I used it right up until February in my second year until we got taken over and the new chairman wanted to hire a new manager, so I switched back to what I was using before to avoid the sack.

I know this sounds a little obvious, but did you use suitable players?

The reason i ask is because i feel this tactic is suited to teams like Fulham.

micro-ice - I've not heard of it working with Chelsea although it has reported to have worked with Arsenal.

I said I would report at the end of the first season with Derby.

Well I have decided it is not the tactic which does not work for me in the premier league it is the premier league who hate me.

I have one match left to play Away to Liverpool and I am 15th woth 44 points and I hear you now you are over 40 points you should be safe well that is incorrect. Everyone else down to and including 18th has 44 points and there are only a goal difference of 2 between us all and I got the hard one as Liverpool have to win to take the title.

On a positive note Rob Jones the defender who is now my Target man is third in the top goal scorers with 32 goals.

Anyway wish me luck.

Anyway wish me luck.

GOOD LUCK icon_wink.gif

We are now 10 pages into the thread and amazingly there is one notable issue that hasn't been mentioned.

When i designed the tactic i wanted the TM to drop slightly deep and flick through balls to either side. Two things can happen from this...

A) The forward runs on to score - YESSSS!

B) And more likely IMO, is that the forward goes slightly wide of goal to the byline and crosses it to the TM who has run on - goal - YESSS!

Now rather accidentally if you check both of the forwards player instructions, you will see one of them is set with crosses on mixed. This should be byline as to other one.

But one thing i've never heard mentioned is the crossing attribute for forwards. I always look for forwards with it - do you?

Which now makes me ask another question would a AM L/R be more effective either side of a target man?

Maybe not so much a AM L/R but if available a AM/F L/R as he has a really good chance of having the crossing skills as well as a forward. A AM L/R playing either side of the TM is actually pushed further forward than his natural position.

But then having said that you have converted a defender into a EPL top scorer! So it's a case of finding which players work for you in certain positions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I used this tactic with my New Caledonia national team and we won the OFC nations cup beating New Zealand 7-1 over 2 games in the final (beating them is amazing for New Caledonia, beating them 7-1 is something else). We were only favourites for 2 out of the 10 or so games in the competition but won all except for 2 draws and 1 defeat.

As far as i am aware this tactic (while relatively untweaked) it has won the EPL (Several different teams), Championship (ditto), First Division, League Cup, FA Cup, UEFA Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, World Club Cup and now we can add the OFC Nations Cup! How long before the Confederations Cup is added to that list?

I'm sure there are one or two more that i am unaware of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Add La Liga to that list while you are at it. Wasnt much of a challenge to do it with Real Madrid but still! From Mid table after 8 games I switched to your tactic and it was just the change the team needed (had just taken over and they werent doing great). If I can win the Confederations Cup with New Caledonia then you are an absolute genius. World cup? icon_wink.gif

Just so you know Andy i have won the South African Premiership and African Champions League With Ajax Cape Town.

Wow! No idea that it would be effective there. So that is atleast a minimum of 12 DIFFERENT competitions won with this tactic.

Archived