A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

Hi Andy

Congratulations on your succes. I just have to add that some credits to the tactics you´ve based yours on might be in order

Fair enough... The tactic was based from GarryWHU's tactic. I believe that with his tactic he won the EPL in 3 seasons with Derby without tweaking! However i felt it wasn't quite working like that for me. I remember his formation was a 4-4-2 diamond. I kept his attacking part for obvious reasons but changed the rest. I changed some of the team settings also and i did feel minor tweaking was required to maintain success.

So although i am happy to credit Garry i also feel i have put my own influence on it too.

I was looking forward to being involved in the Euro Cup but it has turned out to be a hinderence. I was top of the EPL and going brilliantly, then the Euro Cup started and although i'm doing well in that my League form is falling apart!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The to centre midfielders: Can i use a player like sissoko there or should it be a attacking midfielder?

I take it you refer to the Juventus Sissoko?

As he's a DM i would be reluctant although you could try him in the central defence, the one with the farrow. That position is more suitable to him as he is quick and good tackling.

9inarowhoops: Yes the AMC should be the playmaker.

nen: In house and out? I guess you mean home and away, yes?

You could make your own but i find it better to move the sliders.

Home = normal width, less time wasting.

Away = Less width, more time wasting + counter attack on.

Just manage to win the double in my first seson.! Serie a and italien cup. Sissoko is playing the position in centre defence and is doing great. Have Flamini and Dieog central and Del piero aas playmake. Rossi-trezegoal in front! Damn Barzagli my defender manage to score 16 goals :-)

I always like to try to have two games running to see how it works with different teams. So i choose to give it a go with Sheffield Wednesday as well as Sunderland.

Too often people choose teams at the top of the League and then come on here with a brilliant tactic and it doesn't work for anyone else. My theory is if i have a tactic that works with Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday then there is a good chance that it will work with other teams in that division.

My assessment was a fight against relegation and my assistant added that to achieve this would need investment in a G/K and the defence.

With just over £600,000 available i had my own sights on promotion.

Could i achieve promotion with a relegation threatened team and only £600,000 budget?

So far i've bought in only two players, a G/K on a free and a CD on loan (no names allowed remember!).

This is how we are doing so far...

fm2008eo6.png] [/url]

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hi Andy

Congratulations on your succes. I just have to add that some credits to the tactics you´ve based yours on might be in order

Fair enough... The tactic was based from GarryWHU's tactic. I believe that with his tactic he won the EPL in 3 seasons with Derby without tweaking! However i felt it wasn't quite working like that for me. I remember his formation was a 4-4-2 diamond. I kept his attacking part for obvious reasons but changed the rest. I changed some of the team settings also and i did feel minor tweaking was required to maintain success.

So although i am happy to credit Garry i also feel i have put my own influence on it too.

I was looking forward to being involved in the Euro Cup but it has turned out to be a hinderence. I was top of the EPL and going brilliantly, then the Euro Cup started and although i'm doing well in that my League form is falling apart! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Andy

Wasn´t trying to point any fingers. I just noticed that your latest and second latest was based heavily on some of the tactics from FMB, and thought in all fairness, that credit should be given.

Going on - did you try implementing some of WWfans observations in your tactics. I meen trying to improve things by only tweaking FBs forward runs (perhaps 3 versions -rarery, mixed, often)to try and be able to control the game?

Going on - did you try implementing some of WWfans observations in your tactics. I meen trying to improve things by only tweaking FBs forward runs (perhaps 3 versions -rarery, mixed, often)to try and be able to control the game?

No and tbh i didn't even look at his thread!

Not that my tactic couldn't be improved by implementing further changes. If you want to go deeper than you can, what i've always been about is trying to create a tactic that works long term with minimal changes.

If anyone else wants to use this tactic and add other ideas they've picked up then fine, that's pretty much what i've done myself.

For example, if you implement the OI you may get more benefit, personally i haven't touched them.

I tried using this tactic as I dont believe my one is that great for my Southport team and I ended up losing 3 in a row and lost 4-1 to Rochdale.

I dont know what I am doing wrong but my tactics seem to be better.

I tried using this tactic as I dont believe my one is that great for my Southport team and I ended up losing 3 in a row and lost 4-1 to Rochdale.

I dont know what I am doing wrong but my tactics seem to be better.

I don't think that Southport have the abilites suited to this tactic.

If you overachieve with this tactic be careful. I went top of the EPL with Sunderland then hit a slump. With Sheff Wed i won 9 games in a row then couldn't buy a win.

Apparently what you need to do is drop the mentality to defensive whilst you ride the slump out. Credit to rashidi for that tip.

ANDYSAFC TACTIC

TWEAKS...

Make sure the PLAYMAKER tab is selected both HOME and AWAY.

Use the same setting and formation for Home and Away except...

Width - Home is Centre, Away is first notch from centre to narrow.

Time Wasting - Home is first of Rarely from normal, Away is middle.

Away Games select Counter Attack.

Cup Games against lower opposition and/or when you are strong favourates at home (not away)...

Inrease width and D/L to about one or two more than mentality.

You could make a home and away version but i have found that by just moving the slidders per game as required gets better results. Once you get used to it, it really is just a couple of slidders (width and T/W) for each normal League game. You don't need to be a rocket scientist LOL!

I've come late to this and I'm a bit confused by the 33 pages of discussion. Is the tactic linked above Andy's great, no tweak's tactic? I'm seeing references here and there to a 7 tactic set by Andy, is there a one location link to those? I'm also seeing bits of discussion on a home tactic and an away tactic as well as an end of game tactic vs the dreaded 424. And then there is Sunny's tactic thrown in for good measure. So which one is the ultimate no tweak tactic this thread is espousing so gloriously?

quote:

ANDYSAFC TACTIC

TWEAKS...

Make sure the PLAYMAKER tab is selected both HOME and AWAY.

Use the same setting and formation for Home and Away except...

Width - Home is Centre, Away is first notch from centre to narrow.

Time Wasting - Home is first of Rarely from normal, Away is middle.

Away Games select Counter Attack.

Cup Games against lower opposition and/or when you are strong favourates at home (not away)...

Inrease width and D/L to about one or two more than mentality.

You could make a home and away version but i have found that by just moving the slidders per game as required gets better results. Once you get used to it, it really is just a couple of slidders (width and T/W) for each normal League game. You don't need to be a rocket scientist LOL!

I've come late to this and I'm a bit confused by the 33 pages of discussion. Is the tactic linked above Andy's great, no tweak's tactic? I'm seeing references here and there to a 7 tactic set by Andy, is there a one location link to those? I'm also seeing bits of discussion on a home tactic and an away tactic as well as an end of game tactic vs the dreaded 424. And then there is Sunny's tactic thrown in for good measure. So which one is the ultimate no tweak tactic this thread is espousing so gloriously?

Confustion is understandable if you are a newcomer. This thread was originally concerning FM07 and provided the best tactic that didn't need tweaking.

However both me and Sunny have been trying to recreate that same project on FM08 hence the different tactic references.

I don't think that it is possible to play one tactic without ever tweaking now though so i have tried to create a one where minimal tweaking is needed.

Download the tactic, select playmaker.

Tweaking...

Home = Normal width, less time wasting.

Away = Less width, more Time Wasting = Counter Attack on.

If they aren't working in any game them drop the mentality to defensive.

Working quite well for my Swindon push from league1...6 Points clear atm but my top scorer is one of my defenders 9 in 12 league games!

If you set up your players accordly you will take advantage of the corner bug, therefore your defender (best header) scoring quite a few goals. The option is there, it's up to you whether you take advantage of it or not. icon_wink.gif

Confustion is understandable if you are a newcomer. This thread was originally concerning FM07 and provided the best tactic that didn't need tweaking.

However both me and Sunny have been trying to recreate that same project on FM08 hence the different tactic references.

I don't think that it is possible to play one tactic without ever tweaking now though so i have tried to create a one where minimal tweaking is needed.

Download the tactic, select playmaker.

Tweaking...

Home = Normal width, less time wasting.

Away = Less width, more Time Wasting = Counter Attack on.

If they aren't working in any game them drop the mentality to defensive.

Thanks. I take it then that the last one Sunny posted was his best attempt at an 08 gameplan then. I'll give them both a go.

Thanks. I take it then that the last one Sunny posted was his best attempt at an 08 gameplan then. I'll give them both a go.

I believe that Sunny's was the best attempt at an untweaked tactic, but that was with 8.01. Sorry if that causes further confusion to you.

If you have the latest patch then we are using 8.02.

Digging up some past history here, but I decided to go back to FM 07 and try this tactic. I have a few questions though. The only link I could get to work for the tactic is off the very first page, everyone after doesn't work. This leads me to wonder if that is the up to date, great tactic that was discussed. I've been using it with decent, but not great results for almost half a season.

Some other questions about that file, most of the folks on the back line are set to team tsettings. Consequently They all are in a very strong attacking mentality which runs counter-intuitively to how I think they should be, therefore adding to my concern about the state of this download. I notice when you untick the team standard the RDC and LDC are individually set to very defensive while the MDC is set to strong attacking still. Should I just untick all the team settings or leave as is? I am unsatisfied with how this tactic plays defense and wonder if this may be the problem.

Digging up some past history here, but I decided to go back to FM 07 and try this tactic. I have a few questions though. The only link I could get to work for the tactic is off the very first page, everyone after doesn't work. This leads me to wonder if that is the up to date, great tactic that was discussed. I've been using it with decent, but not great results for almost half a season.

Some other questions about that file, most of the folks on the back line are set to team tsettings. Consequently They all are in a very strong attacking mentality which runs counter-intuitively to how I think they should be, therefore adding to my concern about the state of this download. I notice when you untick the team standard the RDC and LDC are individually set to very defensive while the MDC is set to strong attacking still. Should I just untick all the team settings or leave as is? I am unsatisfied with how this tactic plays defense and wonder if this may be the problem.

Without doubt the defensive side could be improved but we got by because the attacking side made up for it. As with any attacking tactic the defensive is possibly going to show some cracks.

Having said that, from that very tactic used on that page i went on to win every competion with Sunderland and i beieve that Sunny did a similar thing with Wrexham!

SECOND SEASON SYNDROME...

I tweaked my latest 08 tactic to mixed results but was it down to my tactic or the second season syndrome.

Cleon says that re-ranking is a myth, so how come it has such a big effect?

I signed Andrei Shechenkov on a free transfer from Chelsea and i expected to see some desperately needed experience added to my team.

But in about 30 apps he scored only 10 goals.

As i was in a comfortable mid-table, no chance of Europe but also no fear of relegation, i give my younster Martin Waghorn a run in the first team. I was amazed that he replied with 6 goals from 6 games.

Comparing Shevchenko's abilites to Waghorn seems to give him a massive advantage, but how come that didn't work out in goals?

How did a raw inexperienced youngster do in the EPL what a experienced pro couldn't?

This game has me confused icon_confused.gif

safceo8.jpg] [/url]

I'm looking to simplfy things, i've made 3 tactics with the same formation, pretty similar to the last one listed. Home, away and strong favourites so it's just a matter of choosing which one rather than tweaking.

It's been hard testing it with Sunderland in the second season because something is wrong, but i don't know what.

In the EPL i play good enough, get enough shots but it doesn't reflect in results. However, in the UEFA Cup it worked like a dream and i scored for fun. WTF!

At the Group stage i was told i was in a difficult group and yet i won the group with ease, never losing a single game. I only went out in the later stages to Seville on AGG after beaton them at home.

As i only signed two players, Van Der Vaart and Shevchenko, both should have improved the team. Morale was always good so i can only put it down to second season blues that other people suffer from.

If that proves true then i'll put the tactics up here, hopefully later today.

I said previously that my most recent tactic didn't work with lower League teams. But i have adapted it slightly and now feel it could work with a larger range of teams now.

With Sunderland i'm still in the close season so i'll report further but in the meantime i have been trying it with HISTON in the Blue Square Premier.

fm2008qj8.png] [/url]

As you can see we are tipped for a relegation battle and so far i've only played 2 games.

fm2008mx4.png] [/url]

The first League game against Ebbsfleet we were slight favourates so i used the home tactic and NEVER made any changes throughout the whole match.

Stevenage though were strong favourates even though they were the away team but i still started with the home tactic. They had a couple of chances in the first 10 mins so i quickly changed to the away tactic.

HOME TACTIC

AWAY TACTIC

STRONG FAVOURATES

Use the home tactic for most home games but switch to the away one if it's not being effective.

Use the away one for most away games.

Use the Strong Favourates if you are playing a game you really expect to win, best used when playing at home in the Cup to a lower division team. I often switch to this tactic if i go 2 goals up to really kill them off.

am gonna stick with ure last tactic ANDYSAFC TACTIC for now as with my liverpool save i started using it in sep on my game havent lost a game ive got use to just moving the sliders for each game the only crap result i had was 3-3 away to man city i seem to concede from headers most anyway great tactic when the AI starts to get on to it ill switch to ure new tactics

andy with ure ANDYSAFC TACTIC what version would you use for a final? am in the carling cup final against chelsea but am down as the away team would you still use the away version or the home?

andy with ure ANDYSAFC TACTIC what version would you use for a final? am in the carling cup final against chelsea but am down as the away team would you still use the away version or the home?

Considering that it's a Cup Final and it's against Chelsea i would go with the away version.

Thank you for restoring my faith in this game Andyfc....

started a new game with Tottenham...

1st season: leauge cup winners, Uefa cup finalists, 5th in Prem.

2nd season: Uefa cup winners, Prem league runners up, FA cup semi finalists

3rd season: Champions leauge winners! Prem runners up by 2 points!

This is a great tactic and i recomend it to any team that wants to overachieve!

Thank you for restoring my faith in this game Andyfc....

started a new game with Tottenham...

1st season: leauge cup winners, Uefa cup finalists, 5th in Prem.

2nd season: Uefa cup winners, Prem league runners up, FA cup semi finalists

3rd season: Champions leauge winners! Prem runners up by 2 points!

This is a great tactic and i recomend it to any team that wants to overachieve!

Thats nice to here, it's like Dejavu all over again icon_wink.gif

Even better to see that you didn't suffer any second season blues.

Originally posted by KurtBevacqua:

Like Andy & Sunny, I too won everything possible using this tactic in 07 as is. I used Aston Villa to win the EPL and Champions League in season three. In my recent game, after managing England to winning the WC, I took over Reading in Jan of 2011. The team was in 12th place. It took a while to gel, but we finished in fifth (one point out of 4th.) The next season I won the EPL, was runner-up in UEFA cup and I lost the FA cup on penalties. I am just starting my second full season in charge, and all is well.

The key to the defense is to make sure that you have plenty of pace (a minimum of 13, but preferably higher)

I'm still playing FM 07,just feels better,I've become a master with Andy's 07 tactic.

For anybody playing...finding perfect targetman: jumping, strenght, positioning, heading, finishing.

For fighting with bigger teams targetman must have positioning at least 15. Best starting targetmen: Zigic, Iaquinta. Pazzini later becomes.

A SNAP 2 the PAST was brought you by Al Bundy. icon_smile.gif

crap tactic - played 5 lost 5 with southend in the championship - 0 goals scored

Crap tactic or crap game? Difference of opinion, but yes you have a point. Same happened to me in my 3rd season with Sunderland. 5 games, 0 points, 0 goals.

I could understand if i never changed but i did home and away or depending on who i was playing.

How could a tactic that got Sunderland into the Euro Cup suddenly become so terrible?

It's merely my opinon but i would say crap game.

Recently i've returned to 07.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jackanakanory

Just a quick question (while I am on my lunch break)

The AMC who is playmaker...do you add his name to the playmaker list or not?

Does this make a difference?

Posted 06 May 2008 13:09 Just a quick question (while I am on my lunch break)

The AMC who is playmaker...do you add his name to the playmaker list or not?

Does this make a difference?

Some say yes some say no, for what it's worth i say yes.

I don't see the point in ticking playmaker then not selecting a one.

Guest hisherme

Hey sorry. I'm now very confused with all the tactics posted.

Which tactic is your most recommended for mid-table clubs in FM 08?

All these tactics you have are for FM08 right?

Cause I see some people mentioning about using them in FM07 and I'm so clueless.

Thanks

Hey sorry. I'm now very confused with all the tactics posted.

Which tactic is your most recommended for mid-table clubs in FM 08?

All these tactics you have are for FM08 right?

Cause I see some people mentioning about using them in FM07 and I'm so clueless.

Thanks

The thread started off with 07 and 08 took over. The last few pages are mainly concerning 08.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm prepared to release one final tactic for FM08. With this tactic i had Sunderland in 3rd place in the EPL in December before catching the 'overachieving bug' more on that can be found in this THREAD.

If you have checked out that thread you will see my start with Sunderland was impressive to say the least. Futhermore in that thread is some advice as to how to overcome the bug.

I was thinking that if it is a overacheiving bug then what would happen if i tried it with a better team? Which Top 4 team could i try it with then?

I've never been one for managing Man Utd or Chelsea as i think what's the point, even if you won the League would it be any achievement?

So i think the title is normally between those two teams with Arsenal pushing them. Although Liverpool are a top 4 team and no disrespect to them but i'd always see them finish 4th from those 4 teams. So Liverpool would be ideal for me! Top 4 team but still a challenge to take the title. Most of my opponents feel the same as i get the 'maybe next season' comments before games.

Liverpool is a tough challenge because you are thrown into the early Champions League Qualifacations straight from the off. With the money available you can't afford to field weak teams as failure would be disaster.

Anyway i've been about 12 games already and remain unbeaton. Top of the EPL and through to the League stage of the Champions League.

I always tend to have two games on the go and with my other one i started a new game with Sunderland.

safcpj8.jpg] [/url]

Another good start, losing only to Man Utd 9away).

For both Liverpool and Sunderland i use exactly the same formation but i do tweak from game to game. But the tweaks only involve about 4 sliders and are simply once you get used to it.

I'll try and put the tactic on later with further information.

• 2 weeks later...

andy ure 3 tactics on the previous page home tactic,away tactic and strong favourite could i use them with spurs also do u need to use counter attck on the away version and do the strikers need to be fast many thanks

Archived