A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">PS: A message to Andy Safc

Im kinda disappointing that you are not contributing to this discussion. You were the on who started this. But no offence, im happy that you made me interested in FM again and made me think about tactics. I owe you a lot!

Sorry if you are disapointed in my lack of feedback, but my disapointment is not with you or your tactic but in general how i feel about the game now.

This game used to be the best way of enjoyment, fulfilling dreams. Getting top name players to play for Sunderland and enjoy the glory days... but then SI killed those dreams with this 'idea of realism' even though a game can never ever re-create real life. It's like going on a roller coaster on your playstation and then going on one in real life - they are completely different expeirences and no simulation can copy it.

But i like what you say about the rebounds as i have read that this is nessassary in FM08. I'll give it a try and try to give some constructive feedback. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats ok mate. Im still very thankfull that you have brought back my interest in making tactics. Hope you can do well. Im going ton conquer Europe.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats ok mate. Im still very thankfull that you have brought back my interest in making tactics. Hope you can do well. Im going ton conquer Europe.

Ignored post by sunny posted 11 January 2008 20:28 Show Post

Previous Topic | Next Topic powered by eve community

Those screens are amazing Sunny and you are going to get sceptical comments because people don't believe that it can be achieved anymore without cheating but i hope that anyone first reads your comments carefully and then give your tactic a try before making such critisms as i know you better. You were the only person i know who took Wrexham to the Champions League in FM07 and you did so in this very thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thats ok mate. Im still very thankfull that you have brought back my interest in making tactics. Hope you can do well. Im going ton conquer Europe.

Ignored post by sunny posted 11 January 2008 20:28 Show Post

Previous Topic | Next Topic powered by eve community

Those screens are amazing Sunny and you are going to get sceptical comments because people don't believe that it can be achieved anymore without cheating but i hope that anyone first reads your comments carefully and then give your tactic a try before making such critisms as i know you better. You were the only person i know who took Wrexham to the Champions League in FM07 and you did so in this very thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes i did, but i did it in your inspiration. And with accrington, it is not about cheating. It is about believing. I had a thought that it was doable, and it was.

But people have to try it, and see. let it take 12-18 games and you will see your team blossom.

Nice to have you back on board Paggioram, the old team back together!

I only tried Sunny's tactic for two games last night with Sunderland, the 4 points were welcome but irrelervent at this stage. But i was very encouraged by the movement of the players.

One of the things i find hard about FM08 is when you see players backing away when they are nearer the ball. Which slider do you touch?

But you seem to have the movement of the players better and i'm encouraged by that. But as with any tactic you need to give it time and as you are asking for 12-18 games that is fair enough.

A question for you though...

When you say you don't tweak home/away wet/dry etc. What about defending a lead?

We know that the opposition can be deadly when it goes to 4-2-4 late in a game.

Cleon has stated that if you don't tweak towards the end of the game then you WILL be punished.

Normally i use Beautiful End (Part of the 7 tactic set) during the last 30 mins of any game i'm winning, but with those two games last night...

First one at home to West Ham, i took a first half lead and they equalised just after half time - uneffected as i wouldn't have implemented at that stage.

The second game, away can't remember who, i took a first half lead and added another just after half time. At the hour mark i was 2-0 up in an away game and was itching to change it to the TW setup but i didn't and they never really threatened. I think they had one or two chances but so did i. Do you never alter the TW?

Nice to have you back on board Paggioram, the old team back together!

I only tried Sunny's tactic for two games last night with Sunderland, the 4 points were welcome but irrelervent at this stage. But i was very encouraged by the movement of the players.

One of the things i find hard about FM08 is when you see players backing away when they are nearer the ball. Which slider do you touch?

But you seem to have the movement of the players better and i'm encouraged by that. But as with any tactic you need to give it time and as you are asking for 12-18 games that is fair enough.

A question for you though...

When you say you don't tweak home/away wet/dry etc. What about defending a lead?

We know that the opposition can be deadly when it goes to 4-2-4 late in a game.

Cleon has stated that if you don't tweak towards the end of the game then you WILL be punished.

Normally i use Beautiful End (Part of the 7 tactic set) during the last 30 mins of any game i'm winning, but with those two games last night...

First one at home to West Ham, i took a first half lead and they equalised just after half time - uneffected as i wouldn't have implemented at that stage.

The second game, away can't remember who, i took a first half lead and added another just after half time. At the hour mark i was 2-0 up in an away game and was itching to change it to the TW setup but i didn't and they never really threatened. I think they had one or two chances but so did i. Do you never alter the TW?

Never, andy. Sometimes they score in the overtime and it is bloody irritating. But sometimes i score and it is great.

I never touch any slider at all during a season. That was the whole concept of trying and develope sucha a tactic. Im playing my kind of football and i like what i see. With the big 4 i lost some but i won some. But my team played good football and they moved around the pitch just how i like it.

The best part though im lethal in front of goal, when they want to score that is. Ive had som mathces that i had 35-18 in chanses and i draw 0-0 or maybe lost. But i continue and then have a not loosing streak of 15.

I am in 2010 with Luton in League One and results are not great to begin with. With Promotion a no hope i played the last 5 games of the season. OK i lost every single game but i was creating almost as many chances. I won a lot of my pre season including Cardiff 5-0 who are Premiership and this tactic seems to be getting better now that players have had around 15 games under this system. The reserves love it and are winning for fun.....promising so far lets see where i am come season end though.

Originally posted by nblyth:

I am in 2010 with Luton in League One and results are not great to begin with. With Promotion a no hope i played the last 5 games of the season. OK i lost every single game but i was creating almost as many chances. I won a lot of my pre season including Cardiff 5-0 who are Premiership and this tactic seems to be getting better now that players have had around 15 games under this system. The reserves love it and are winning for fun.....promising so far lets see where i am come season end though.

That is my experience also. People need a lot of matches to get gelled to a system, but once it does and you have the right players you can be on fire.

One thing ive noticed is that the DM position is extremley hard to get to perform well. My DM has very good mental attributes, but it is hard to get a 7 throughout a match.

Another thing is that when you bring in 2 or more players for your first team it is likely that you need about 10-12,13 mathces before your team playes the way you want. Seem like FM 08 is more senscitive about new players in your team.

Im now playing with Farrows on the MC and DM and from the few matches ive played it seem that it helps on their performances and ratings.

I have to say sunny agree with everything you say about players gelling finished 5th last season with Coventry in the Premiership thought i had strengthend my squad brilliantly pre season but its taken about another half season for my players to get going again with the new signings. But now the tactic is working brilliantly again and i'm pushing for a champions league place. Wish i knew how to post screenshots.

Hi Andy and Sunny,

just wanted to say i've had incredible success with bigger teams like As Roma, Marseille and Barca, i would win the CL every 2 years and won 12 leagues in 15 seasons.

Problem is i never had any luck or success with lower league teams. I just got the sack at RW Essen in bundesliga2.

Which of your tactics should i use, and what am i doing wrong in regard to coaching smaller teams?

Thanks for your help

Originally posted by dudubrdx:

Hi Andy and Sunny,

just wanted to say i've had incredible success with bigger teams like As Roma, Marseille and Barca, i would win the CL every 2 years and won 12 leagues in 15 seasons.

Problem is i never had any luck or success with lower league teams. I just got the sack at RW Essen in bundesliga2.

Which of your tactics should i use, and what am i doing wrong in regard to coaching smaller teams?

Thanks for your help

Use the latest one a little bit further up this side.

When you coach smaller teams, here are som tips:

-When you look for players and checking their attributes, limit the number of attributes you are looking at. F. ex. in the blue square premier i would look for:

*pace and finishing for strikers and AMC

*pace and crossing for the wingers

*passing and decsision for the MC and DMC

*pace and tackling and heading for the defenders.

-Get a good parent club and take advantage. With Accrington i took big advantage of Liverpool and now i have Mikel San Jose and Daniel Pacheco as two of my first team starters.

-Try and look for talent which can carry you through promotions and than build your squad once the big TV-money comes inn.

-Use good team talks

Theses are just som pointers that i look for when you start as a lover team.

Well after 46 games of season in League One Luton finished 13th with 15 wins and 16 Defeats so not sensational.I say one thing this does create chances most games but i shipped as many goals as i scored. I have bought pace at back especially 2 centre backs and had good striker but they dont always put their chances away. Found that towards end of season was losing 3-2 and 4-2 a lot. Love some ideas Sunny. You say you changed farrows on DM and M

Well after 46 games of season in League One Luton finished 13th with 15 wins and 16 Defeats so not sensational.I say one thing this does create chances most games but i shipped as many goals as i scored. I have bought pace at back especially 2 centre backs and had good striker but they dont always put their chances away. Found that towards end of season was losing 3-2 and 4-2 a lot. Love some ideas Sunny. You say you changed farrows on DM and M

ive put farrows on mc and dmc, seems to create better stability both on attacking and defensive side, but im not ready to make any conclusion right know.

As Luton are in financial crises you are not able to get a good quality in your squad. Did you get any good parent club? That might help. Other wise i will say that you shouldnt change to much of your team until next season, but if you have to bring in quality you should.

Got so fed up with your tactic i changed to another towards end of season and lost all 5. Parent Club is Chelsea and this season i have managed to get quicker right and left back and also a much faster striker. Suddenly i have started the season unbeaten in 6 league games with 4 wins and 2 draws and even barely letting any goals in. I have actually been watching extended highlights to see how team performing and it seems to be doing a lot better now. Surely it does not take a whole season to adapt ? spent my 500k budget on pace as you said and Chelsea leant me a very fast AMC and MC so im looking good early days and through to League Cup Round 3 having won away v Championship Cardiff. Will keep all you lower league managers posted.

Got so fed up with your tactic i changed to another towards end of season and lost all 5. Parent Club is Chelsea and this season i have managed to get quicker right and left back and also a much faster striker. Suddenly i have started the season unbeaten in 6 league games with 4 wins and 2 draws and even barely letting any goals in. I have actually been watching extended highlights to see how team performing and it seems to be doing a lot better now. Surely it does not take a whole season to adapt ? spent my 500k budget on pace as you said and Chelsea leant me a very fast AMC and MC so im looking good early days and through to League Cup Round 3 having won away v Championship Cardiff. Will keep all you lower league managers posted.

Could be that you didnt have enough pace to begin with. I will reckomend the paciest striker you can find.

But pace is also vital on your amc and wingers as they join up on the attack.

Good luck and keep me posted.

Originally posted by lfc7:

hi looking on starting a game with maybe leeds using this tactic any suggestions on who would be good for free, cheap etc thanks

not sure, but i would look for pace and maybe get a parent club if the board will let you.

jordy brouwer did the job for me the two first seasons so maybe that could be a good attacker.

sunny started using this around christmas time in my first season with birmingham done really well in my first 10 games so far.your right that pace is the key to this tactic ,i started to struggle just before the january transfer window.when the window came after adjusting my budget and the board giving me 7.5m i decided to sign dagoberto and farfan to play along side eddie johnson results after this beat spurs at home 3-2 and mancity away 5-1 currently sitting 5th thanks sunny

Managed to get Darlington promoted to Division 1 using a different tactic, but I wasn't too keen on it, so I figured I would give yours a try.

Yowza!

Darlington who were odds on to get relegated managed to get promotion in second place (one point behind Bradford) Of course now I will probably be totally screwed in the Championship but we shall see....

Originally posted by kroshot:

how the hell do you keep clean sheets ive conceeded at least 1 per game

ive had that problem until i got better defenders. I didnt care so much as i was scoring enough to win games.

But the latest tactic has been the most defensive one and i do get clean sheets with that tactic.

zipomatic

I dont think you will get relegated, i guess you will fight in the top ten or maybe even get promoted to EPL. change little or get quality for several years.

just a quick update end of season 1 finished 4th and qualified for the CL .thanks for this tactic sunny just need some better defenders now.farfan and dagoberto were brilliant from january onwards scoring 25 goals between them any suggestions for defenders for season 2.also had a bit of a bonus with rowan vine playing out on the right score 8 and had 12 assists mcsheffery and jerome also did well out wide on either flank

Originally posted by kroshot:

just a quick update end of season 1 finished 4th and qualified for the CL .thanks for this tactic sunny just need some better defenders now.farfan and dagoberto were brilliant from january onwards scoring 25 goals between them any suggestions for defenders for season 2.also had a bit of a bonus with rowan vine playing out on the right score 8 and had 12 assists mcsheffery and jerome also did well out wide on either flank

Well done, kroshot.

Not sure who you should search for. Depends on your final transferbudget and who wants to come to your club. But look for pace and acc.!!

So as the title of this thread says:

"no tweaking - home or away".

Thats what this tactic have done, for two years in a row i took the title:

eplchampionstwotimesinaln4.th.png]Second times champions[/url]

It was a tight race and i clinched it in the last game, but again i did it with no tweaking, home or away. Played the same tactic all the time.

So im satisfied that this tactic can do the job as long as you have the right players. Im gonna make a new save and start another team in league 2, but the tactic has proven its worth IMO.

The last thing i did to the tactic was that ive put FARROWS on the mc and dmc, and put direct passing on the DMC. This is to get the dmc more involved and better ratings and it has helped.

Hope you all enjoy this and give me feedback of what you think. This has solved my problems and make me enjoy FM08.

Originally posted by sunny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jinli:

the file isn't downloadable for me. O.o keep refreshing after i click download file

just tried to download it, and it worked like a charm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can u like upload to other site? cuz it really keep refreshing the page, look like i am unable to d/l it

Sunny, your thread has inspired me.

Of late, I have only really managed one team: my beloved Reading. In the last 3 games, I've taken them to european glory, and always been pleased.

But nothing has ever been as satisfying as CM2 and CM 97/98 where I took Scarborough and Telford to champions league glory.

I feel with this tactic I would like to give it a try - I'll let you know how I go.

It is time for Readings disgraced, petulant little brother, Basingstoke to finally grow up!

Originally posted by Jinli:

Using everton, tactic work fine until i switch to a pacey striker and i got thrash by a weak team!, omg i think a all round'd striker will do the trick fine

Me, i dont care if i get beaten by a weak team. I got beaten by Derby one weak, or by charlton and then i took the scalp of Manure. If you use good teamtalks you will always bounce back.

Aguero

like your tactic before this one worked well. this time i have taken into account what players to play where instead of playing wonder kids evrywhere. first game gainst fulham 3-0 victors with 90% passes complete. very excited thanks again.

Sunny: Please accept my apoligees again if you feel i'm not being active within this thread as much as i should be. I do monitor it daily but my enthusism for FM has dropped a lot and therefore i'm not as active in this discussion but more active in discussions of debates icon_wink.gif

As with any FM release i always choose to manage Sunderland and i lose interest quickly if they are not where i feel they should be early on. But i have since been wondering that with Sunderland starting the season with quite a lot of new signings (even though they are prevous to me starting) then maybe that will have an effect?

I know i should give it a minimum of 10 - 15 games but i quickly lose interest because i know by then i've already lost my own expectations for the new season as it becomes a relegation battle.

Maby that is deemed realistic but i don't get any enjoyment from that.

Archived