A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

As i have promised i would put my tactic for download when i was happy with my results. I have now achieved some concsistency that i am happy with. Here is how the tactic now looks like:

4132inncomingv2nf9.th.png]4-1-3-2 inncoming[/url]

It was a huge battle for the championship, but i finally came up with a tactic that made me some good results. But it is all based on the same things as from the start. Short, quick passing with inncoming wingers to fill up the attack.

Here is how the table ended:

tablechampionshipta9.th.png]table championship[/url]

So, i have tried to stick to a base tactic and i have now ended up with the shape you can see above. This shape has given med the best results.

New inncoming tactic

Here it is, the same players needed, but perhaps look for good stamina on your wingers/attackers.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lfc7:

sunny could i use this above tactic with liverpool and if so above where u say same type of players needed for your tactic what players are u talking about thanks

should work with LIverpool, and on page 28 you will see what kind of players you should look for.

Originally posted by sunny:

So, here is the thing that i have been working on. Not sure if it is as good as andysafcs first original tactic, but it did the job for me in League 2 with Accrington. No tweaking.

GK:

A good goalie with good kicking.

FULLBACKS

I prefer wingbacks. You need pace and crossing and i like passing, because throughout the tactic it uses passing as a main attribute.

Defenders

Just basic qualities. And Passing. Your defenders is sometimes the key to a good counter attack with direct passing up to the midfielders and strikers.

Middle Midfielder

This one is defence minded. He is going to ly deep to secure counter attacks. It is hard to find a good guy here in LLM but a patience search will often pay off. For instence in my season in league 1 Ivan Campo is playing very well in that position.

Side Midfielders

These two has one reason and that is to join the strikers and make runs in the attack. They also make troughballs so passing and decision is vital attributes.

AMC

This one has a free role, a Kaka type if you will. My strikers and the amc is my top scorers at least in my league 2 campaign.

strikers

I prefer two quick ones. But it has paid of to have a good jumper on the bench and often play that jumper in difficult matches, in cups when you play big teams or the top ones in the league.

I think it is good to have a jumpers choice.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1252434

are these the instructions sunny thanks in advance

Andy if your still around, would your original tactic work in FM2005 do you think?

I don't know because with each version the match engines has changes thus why tactics also need changing. In theory the idea should work but you could say the same about 08 but it doesn't. More people are going back to older versions as they find they can get more enjoyment than the current issue. But why 05? What about 07? You can get data updates for that.

I have heard though that 05 was one of the better versions.

This tactic is the absolute king sunny!

Lost in the play off final in my first season with Hinckley.

Second season I'm walking it! 18 games in, W13 D2, L3 - GD +21!!

Just beaten Blyth (in 4th) 6-0 away from home.

Any further tweaks/improvements, and we have ourselves a Super Tactic!

(Sorry for the abundance of exclamation marks, I'm just cleaning up with this tactic and I only have a very average squad)

PS: !!!!

Originally posted by Stooper:

This tactic is the absolute king sunny!

Lost in the play off final in my first season with Hinckley.

Second season I'm walking it! 18 games in, W13 D2, L3 - GD +21!!

Just beaten Blyth (in 4th) 6-0 away from home.

Any further tweaks/improvements, and we have ourselves a Super Tactic!

(Sorry for the abundance of exclamation marks, I'm just cleaning up with this tactic and I only have a very average squad)

PS: !!!!

very good for you.

I agree with you, with a little bit of defensive tweaking this could be a very good tactic.

Will make myself 2-3 years in the premiership before i think i will fight for the title.

Good luck for the future and i hope you can get that promotion

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Andy if your still around, would your original tactic work in FM2005 do you think?

I don't know because with each version the match engines has changes thus why tactics also need changing. In theory the idea should work but you could say the same about 08 but it doesn't. More people are going back to older versions as they find they can get more enjoyment than the current issue. But why 05? What about 07? You can get data updates for that.

I have heard though that 05 was one of the better versions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for responding Andy, I'll give a try and see how it runs for me.

As for why 2005 over 2007, its what I have and am still a bit too tight to buy '07, maybe when its a bit cheaper I'll upgrade. icon_wink.gif

Thanks for responding Andy, I'll give a try and see how it runs for me.

As for why 2005 over 2007, its what I have and am still a bit too tight to buy '07, maybe when its a bit cheaper I'll upgrade.

You can get it on Ebay for about £2 icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks for responding Andy, I'll give a try and see how it runs for me.

As for why 2005 over 2007, its what I have and am still a bit too tight to buy '07, maybe when its a bit cheaper I'll upgrade.

You can get it on Ebay for about £2 icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? hmmmmm, now you've gone and done it....hehe

Is there any chance you could post a screenshot of the tactics screen so I can judge the sliders in '05? or did I miss it early on in the thread?

Posted 30 November 2007 19:13 So heres how it went the last season:

Coventry Champions

And here is the squad who did it:

Coventry squad

Not the best squad in the world, but it got the job done. My lack of quality was the defence, thats why i conceeded a goal per game. Need to strengthen my defence before next season.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1233152

Here are the tactic.

Please give as constructice critiscim as possible.

GK: main atrribute - kicking.

Fullbacks: Crossing and pace are the main atts. you need to look for.

CB: pace + the main attributes that are important for a centreback.

Wingers: Not you typical wingers, but this will suit a Christiano Ronaldo who likes to come in the yard box and support the strikers. In my last season i had sucsess with Sebastian Leto on the left. Im still struggling to find the perfect one on the right side.

MC: I would say that here you need a hard working midfielder combined with either another one or a more "creative" one.

AMC: This is your typical "kaka". Compare your choice to him and you will see what atts. you need to look for. Rooney is also a type who will fit here as well as Sergio Aguero.

SC: Here you need to look for a target man with good pace. He will be the center for your attack. Depending on your league level, pace and accleration as important.

Im afraid sunny, that this link doesnt work. Please can you upload it again as i would like to try it. Looks like an interesting one...

Originally posted by Jogok:

Posted 30 November 2007 19:13 So heres how it went the last season:

Coventry Champions

And here is the squad who did it:

Coventry squad

Not the best squad in the world, but it got the job done. My lack of quality was the defence, thats why i conceeded a goal per game. Need to strengthen my defence before next season.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1233152

Here are the tactic.

Please give as constructice critiscim as possible.

GK: main atrribute - kicking.

Fullbacks: Crossing and pace are the main atts. you need to look for.

CB: pace + the main attributes that are important for a centreback.

Wingers: Not you typical wingers, but this will suit a Christiano Ronaldo who likes to come in the yard box and support the strikers. In my last season i had sucsess with Sebastian Leto on the left. Im still struggling to find the perfect one on the right side.

MC: I would say that here you need a hard working midfielder combined with either another one or a more "creative" one.

AMC: This is your typical "kaka". Compare your choice to him and you will see what atts. you need to look for. Rooney is also a type who will fit here as well as Sergio Aguero.

SC: Here you need to look for a target man with good pace. He will be the center for your attack. Depending on your league level, pace and accleration as important.

Im afraid sunny, that this link doesnt work. Please can you upload it again as i would like to try it. Looks like an interesting one...

Here are the link to use, this is the latest one that im having great sucsess with

correct inncoming tactic

Thanks sunny. Is this good for premiership teams like your coventry one or can i use it for my oxford united (blue square premier) team?

The intencion is to create a tactic that will work wherever you are in league system, so feel free to start wherever you want and let me know how you are doing!

Good Luck!

Ok guys not been in touch for a while, as I was loving andy's 07 version, unfortunetly that enjoyment has come to an end due to santa delivering 08 today.

What is the score are we on to a no tweak winner yet, especielly for lower league teams, I know I should read back but life is too short.

The game is still in the wrapping (as I'm banned on xmas day playing the game) but fortunetly theyre are sleeping all the heavy food & booze off so I've sneaked on the net.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jogok:

Thanks sunny. Is this good for premiership teams like your coventry one or can i use it for my oxford united (blue square premier) team?

The intencion is to create a tactic that will work wherever you are in league system, so feel free to start wherever you want and let me know how you are doing!

Good Luck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll try it out with my Spurs team and my Oxford team. Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by rick111:

put simply there is no single tactic which will take you all the way... any who made this tasic wont even play 08 with the patch because he gets beat

cheers

Ok then, let me ask you this question.

Why have i gotten accrington to the EPL in straight promotions and now fighting for an Euro spot?

I have used the same principles in my tactic and im sticking to it, home and away, wet or dry. And the results are coming my way. Along with Wolfsongs guide to team talks.

Hey sunny would it be possible give post the link to your coventry 4-4-1-1 tactic. I want to do the same thing with coventry so can you also outline the players you bought thanks!!! icon_smile.gif

Well, i kinda moved away from that one and are concentrating on the inncoming with two strikers. I find that more effective. Not satisfied with the defence, but i will work on that later.

With coventry you are only able to sign players for free and use loaners, so you have to wait until the EPL to try som serious buying.

But try the inncoming, it is a little bit higher up this page.

Why have i gotten accrington to the EPL in straight promotions and now fighting for an Euro spot?

I have used the same principles in my tactic and im sticking to it, home and away, wet or dry. And the results are coming my way. Along with Wolfsongs guide to team talks.

quit/save/'don't save'/load/try again/win/continue

I don't know. tell me why you've been able to do what everyone else can't?

cheers genius

The full patch is undoubtedly the hardest version yet. What works brilliantly in the higher divsions will NOT work in the lower leagues and vice versa.

I have been saying for ages that it is an intentional effort by SI to stop people from creating 'one tactic suits all games' as they feel it makes a mockery of the game as it's not realistic. Maybe that is why when you do create something that appears to work consistantly the superkeeper rears his ugly head. I don't know but i do know is what works for one person is not nessassarily going to work for someone else.

What SI haven't yet realised yet though is that not everyone wants or has the ability to change things so often even during the same game.

Go back to the Beta Patch then atleast we have some chance.

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sunny:

Here is the correct link

Correct inncoming tactic

Good Luck

what type of pitch would it suit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im using a wide pitch as possible, when i used a narrow one i didnt create as much chances

Originally posted by rick111:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sunny:

quit/save/'don't save'/load/try again/win/continue

I don't know. tell me why you've been able to do what everyone else can't?

cheers genius </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont care if i loose 1-3 games. i dont care if i Loose 13 games. As long as i can see that there is opportunities, i just play. Right know im loosing and then i win a game, but my squad is very young but talented. So ive got to have patience in building a good squad.

But no matter what, im sticking to MY tactic. Im playing my type of football. Short Quick passing around the pitch with multiple throughpassing and forward runs.

Maybe i got lucky with the promotions, but in the EPL im now top 6 but i expect to struggle as i have a young talented squad.

If SI have said that you need more than one tactic and you have to adjust it during a game, i say ********. I want to create a tactic that holds through the entire League system and right now im working on the defence part and i hope to set up a tactic that are not letting in so much goals as these previous ones.

One tip: Use wolfgongs guide to teamtalks. That has helped me alot.

Guest Jackanakanory

This tactic rocked...I took Leeds from Div 1 to 10th in Prem in 3 seasons...BUT now everytime I score a goal and I mean every time the opposition equalise right from kick off...Its so annoying, I don't even have time to get into the tactics to drop my defence back or make any changes it's instant

Hi Sunny

I would like to thank you for inspireing me to keep playing FM08. I was getting increasingly frustrated with the latest FM instalments ideas of playing multitactic systems. I loved the one-tactic-managergames of FM06 and earlier because then I would forkus on players and economy, witch I find most interesting.

After reading your story of succes on FM08 (didn´t find andysafc´s tactics while playing FM07 :-() i´ve started making a tactic in tune with you´re recomendations + my own ideas and others findings. I havn´t tried you´re tactics based on pride (wan´t to create my own) and because i dont "like" the way i looks. So i´ve made my own tactic and it´s evolved something quite promising (best ever start to season with Fulham) and i´m enjoying the game again.

So thank you sunny and andysafc. I salute you!

I will report back on how things progress over time. Maybe you could use some of it.

As i have previous promised i would work on the defence part and now i think ive reached my goal.

Here you can see how the final inncoming tactic look like:

41311inncominggg1.th.png]The 4-1-3-1-1 inncoming[/url]

A little about the tactic

This is all just a base from the original that you all know about, the ideas are the same. Inncoming wingers to support the striker and attacking midfielder. I have scored many, many goals from rebounds as there are 3-4 people supporting the attack.

As you can see ive moved away from the 2 striker system. That is because i controll the midfield a lot more and i can use a DM and support the defence.

All of the above have resulted in the following:

accringtonchampionshf4.th.png]Accrington Champions[/url]

Ive managed to get a more solid defence, but i still score a lot of goals. Maybe my defence are getting more skillfull, but i also think that the tactic are more "defenceminded".

Im not sure that im there yet, but i believe that this tactic can do wonders with the right players. This is also a Promotion Winning Tactic as it is based on the original one that i made from the start and this is the final product.

goalkeeper

A basic good goalkeeper, but kicking is the vital one. I have scored about ten goals that the goalie have made a pass to my striker.

defenders

What i have learned is that pace is vital in the defence as you have offensive fullbacks. And of course the usual defensive attributes. Jumping is also good to have as theese to people are the main ones on corners.

fullbacks

Pace and stamina. They run up and down through the match. The fullbacks are joining up to keep the with when you are attacking.

defensive midfielder

This man are often the 5th man in defense so good defensive attributes are need, such as marking and tackling. Positiong and decision are also good. This person are also helping in the attack to make good through passes for your inncoming wingers.

wingers

Here you have two of the most important people of the tactic. The wingers are coming into the middle behind the attacker and the att mid. But they are also going down the flanks so good decision and crossing as well as finishing, pace and passing.

central midfielder

This is kind of a playmakertype. Cesc Fabregas would be the ideal one. Good mental attributes will help you here. This man is just as much in defence as he is in the attacke. He is also vital in making through passes for your 4-man attakc.

attacking midfielder

You could also call this the second striker. He can often score 15+ goals through the season. A man like Aguero would be perfect here. Good attacking skills is vital and pace and finishing.

striker

A fast one. If you have a fast striker you are good to go. Im not looking for a target man here. Ive tried, but it is not working. It is better to have a fast striker with agility and finishing. Strength is also good to have.

conclusion

In general pace is the key factor to sucsess. At least on the entire defence and wingers and striker and att-mid. Remember jumping on your to defenders.

So here it is, hope you can use it!

The 4-1-3-1-1 inncoming

Again, i dont tweak at all. Home or away. Wet or dry. Versus favourites or bottom teams. I just play and use team talks that wolfsong has told about. Here it is again.

Wolfsongs guide

PS: A message to Andy Safc

Im kinda disappointing that you are not contributing to this discussion. You were the on who started this. But no offence, im happy that you made me interested in FM again and made me think about tactics. I owe you a lot!

Please people try it and let med know!

PS: A message to Andy Safc

Im kinda disappointing that you are not contributing to this discussion. You were the on who started this. But no offence, im happy that you made me interested in FM again and made me think about tactics. I owe you a lot!

Sorry if you are disapointed in my lack of feedback, but my disapointment is not with you or your tactic but in general how i feel about the game now.

This game used to be the best way of enjoyment, fulfilling dreams. Getting top name players to play for Sunderland and enjoy the glory days... but then SI killed those dreams with this 'idea of realism' even though a game can never ever re-create real life. It's like going on a roller coaster on your playstation and then going on one in real life - they are completely different expeirences and no simulation can copy it.

But i like what you say about the rebounds as i have read that this is nessassary in FM08. I'll give it a try and try to give some constructive feedback. icon_wink.gif

Archived