A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

Yeah im sure Roy Keane is watching you closely!

Been using yours pal.

Nope im on 8.01

Using Season Alcoholics Training.

Try starting a new season using Sunny's Inncomming version, i did with Sunderland without any signings and it went well. It's started to collapse of late, but i'll keep going to the end of the season to see if i can recover.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what went wron g Sunny but my Sunderland season has collapsed. I'm leaking between 3-5 goals every game and just can't seem to score. What confuses me is that the stats and the gameplay look the same as before, but my opponents, regardless of who they are score with each shot. My players though continue to create the chance but fire them well over the top regulary from inside the box.

When i do score it always seems to be ruled out.

Originally posted by andysafc:

I don't know what went wron g Sunny but my Sunderland season has collapsed. I'm leaking between 3-5 goals every game and just can't seem to score. What confuses me is that the stats and the gameplay look the same as before, but my opponents, regardless of who they are score with each shot. My players though continue to create the chance but fire them well over the top regulary from inside the box.

When i do score it always seems to be ruled out.

Not sure what could be the problem. Im struggling my self in EPL, letting in goals big time. And not scoring.

Im going to play the entire season before im making a conclusion, but im not sure if i can help you.

- do you have 2 targets?

- do you have coverup in the midfield?

- Perhaps we have to get more attacking?

- maybe when the full patch is out we can get som final answers and tweak the tactic to get the ultimate resultats?

Not sure yet, but i will let you know when i have some good news!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yeah im sure Roy Keane is watching you closely!

Been using yours pal.

Nope im on 8.01

Using Season Alcoholics Training.

Try starting a new season using Sunny's Inncomming version, i did with Sunderland without any signings and it went well. It's started to collapse of late, but i'll keep going to the end of the season to see if i can recover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a non starter - started using it for a few games - played 6. won 1 (against Chester in the cup) drew 2 lost 3.

I've seriously given up.

This patch thing is a joke - releasing a game that isnt the 'proper' version is to be fair a ****ing joke. You wouldnt buy a car one week and get the brakes a month later would you?

SI - you have ruined a great game - by making it utterly stupidly over complicated.

GAMES ARE MENT TO BE FUN! You need to be unemployed, a student or allergic to fresh air to have the time twaek and modfiy 24 hours a ****ing day!

icon_smile.gif

Rock bottom. 19 Points.

Won 3 from 38.

If your not Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal - this game is a right ****.

Mines gonnin back in the box.

Cheers for your help andy and sunny - but i've given up - bugged beata patching tweaking games - aint worth the effort.

Waste of £25. Not sure if im more disgusted with myself for buying this game or SI for making it the shambles it is.

My macs loss is the bins game.

icon_wink.gif

Mr. Mackem & Sunny

Although some people will say Mr. Mackem is over reacting, i'm not one of them. I can relate to every word he says. I know that in this industry almost every game that comes out has a patch, but i still believe that SI have gone to far.

Other games that i have played are playable WITHOUT the patch, in fact in all honesty i have NEVER used a patch on any other game. The complex of FM though possibly justify's a patch but only to fix minor errors and NOT the game itself.

I'm sure SI were aware of these errors but rather than hold the game back they went ahead and released it knowing that a patch or two or three can repair it. IMO that was a big mistake as they have lost repect.

As far as Sunny's Inncomming tactic goes i still believe in it. Is it the tactic to blame or the game?

With Sunderland it has become ridiculus how many efforts are going way over the crossbar, but even with that i'll still possibly' finish higher than expected.

I ran another game with Lincoln and from the first 11 League games i've only lost one, but two many draws. Big picture though shows i'm still higher than expected so overall i'm quite happy.

Reading other threads it seems as though everyone struggling is directed to a certain thread as an 'essential read'. But as Sunny correctly said recently "I want to be able to play and enjoy the game WITHOUT having to read an essay.

SI please take note.

andy

As you can see from the table when i got promoted, i had 14 draws. But to be honest most of thoughs draws came before new years and early january.

Once i was on the trail og becoming champions i actually played good football and it was enjoyable to watch.

My main problem now is the quality of players, but i think i need more time than usual to be a contender in the EPL. But in all at the moment... i can say i like playing.

And that was not the case with the start of FM07.

IM playing above expectations and im happy.

Let med know how you end up, andy(if you still are playing with my Inncoming tactic).

Mr. Mackem & Sunny

Although some people will say Mr. Mackem is over reacting, i'm not one of them. I can relate to every word he says. I know that in this industry almost every game that comes out has a patch, but i still believe that SI have gone to far.

Other games that i have played are playable WITHOUT the patch, in fact in all honesty i have NEVER used a patch on any other game. The complex of FM though possibly justify's a patch but only to fix minor errors and NOT the game itself.

I'm sure SI were aware of these errors but rather than hold the game back they went ahead and released it knowing that a patch or two or three can repair it. IMO that was a big mistake as they have lost repect.

As far as Sunny's Inncomming tactic goes i still believe in it. Is it the tactic to blame or the game?

With Sunderland it has become ridiculus how many efforts are going way over the crossbar, but even with that i'll still possibly' finish higher than expected.

I ran another game with Lincoln and from the first 11 League games i've only lost one, but two many draws. Big picture though shows i'm still higher than expected so overall i'm quite happy.

Reading other threads it seems as though everyone struggling is directed to a certain thread as an 'essential read'. But as Sunny correctly said recently "I want to be able to play and enjoy the game WITHOUT having to read an essay.

SI please take note.

i told you before andy bin the game and go back to 07!! iv'e got some great games going at the minute man city,blackburn,southampton,leicester all non runners but doing excellent cos of your tactic

Andy- As Glynbob said, 07 is the way to go. I have returned to my Aston Villa game. Your tactic makes me virtually unbeatable. I went 15 months without a loss. I finally suffered a loss to Derby 1-0 at home. It ended a 50 match unbeaten streak in the EPL. I'm currently in Jan of season four- first place in the EPL, into the ko phase of Champions league. Once again, I will fail to win all the titles. I got knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd rd.

I always find it hard to go back once you've gone forward.

Sunny - It's not your tactic but the game or from SI's point of view it's not the game but your tactic - let me explain...

I couldn't understand why my SAFC players kept missing from close range i thought it was down bad luck but luck changes this seemed to be on going. With Lincoln everything was going well then BANG, same again. I've read other threads and it's happening to teams like Inter, Ajax etc etc. This is no coincidence, it is not acciedental. THE GAME (SI) DO NOT WANT YOU PLAYING THE SAME TACTIC WEEK IN WEEK OUT. Remember when i said my best ever position was when i was continuously searching for the magic formula? The magic forumula is to keep making adjustments! So i went back to my SAFC game where i couldn't score made some adjustments and won 3-1 away!

Tried the same changes in my Lincoln game and won the next two games. I wonder if i made slight changes all season what would be the outcome?

I got a email newsletter from FM Underground today saying that SI have messed up with the game and they (underground) are advising people not to play the game until a full patch is released.

I always find it hard to go back once you've gone forward.

Sunny - It's not your tactic but the game or from SI's point of view it's not the game but your tactic - let me explain...

I couldn't understand why my SAFC players kept missing from close range i thought it was down bad luck but luck changes this seemed to be on going. With Lincoln everything was going well then BANG, same again. I've read other threads and it's happening to teams like Inter, Ajax etc etc. This is no coincidence, it is not acciedental. THE GAME (SI) DO NOT WANT YOU PLAYING THE SAME TACTIC WEEK IN WEEK OUT. Remember when i said my best ever position was when i was continuously searching for the magic formula? The magic forumula is to keep making adjustments! So i went back to my SAFC game where i couldn't score made some adjustments and won 3-1 away!

Tried the same changes in my Lincoln game and won the next two games. I wonder if i made slight changes all season what would be the outcome?

I got a email newsletter from FM Underground today saying that SI have messed up with the game and they (underground) are advising people not to play the game until a full patch is released.

Well, keeping adjustments is not in my interest. When i was in the championship towards the end i was on a nice winning streak.

And my problems now in the EPL is my quality of players and that my new players has not gelled yet.

But i totally agree that we need a full patch and we need it in a hurry.

Im going to play my season to the end and make som conclusion anyway, just to have something to work on when the patch is out

I'm with you on that one Suuny, tweaking is not for me. Yes, it is more realistic but opnce this game resorts to playing like that then it's the end of the road for me.

I'll continue to try something that doesn't need tweaking in the meantime but our days are numbered.

I'm with you on that one Suuny, tweaking is not for me. Yes, it is more realistic but opnce this game resorts to playing like that then it's the end of the road for me.

I'll continue to try something that doesn't need tweaking in the meantime but our days are numbered.

Have faith, my friend. Have faith. I do!!!!

icon_cool.gificon14.gificon_smile.gif

I wish i had your faith Sunny, i really do bit in all honesty my faith is waring thin.

It's really hard when you have little time to spare, you use all that time trying out a tactic, finding that defensively you've only conceded 1 goal in 6 games, your in the top 6 - then everything collapses. Suddenly your defenders start ball watching, your strikers start hoofing and you... start again icon_confused.gif

I've tried this with different tactics, different teams but same outcome.

andy-i was just looking around the sortitoutsi forums and found a good tactic.Its called tweaked version of goals goals goals its very attacking,but 1 have since discovered another tweak from another forum thats made it better

If you set your time wasting very high maybe around 17 or 18 from the start of the game ive found that the players play better football creating loads of chances.ive currently got garry o`connor scoring goals for fun when before he couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo.ive suffered two defeats using this tactic both away to sunderland and newcastle and have been the better team in both games

sometimes i will move the mc to the amc postion giving me more attacking options.

How's it going, Sunny?

Any long term success with 08?

What i am working on just now is based on your Inncomming tactic. I've kept the same positions, same player instructions but i've completely changing the team instructions. My progress is slow but i like what i've seen so far, by the end of the weekend i should know if it is another that falls after a good start or if it stays the distance.

the thing is I have promoted with piacenza last season, but with my own tactics and just barely with alot of trouble.

would testing this tacting in the serie A be meaningfull. to see if it can keep me from falling back to the serie B? cause I wouldnt mind starting a new game just to test it.

How's it going, Sunny?

Any long term success with 08?

What i am working on just now is based on your Inncomming tactic. I've kept the same positions, same player instructions but i've completely changing the team instructions. My progress is slow but i like what i've seen so far, by the end of the weekend i should know if it is another that falls after a good start or if it stays the distance.

Ive decided for my own peace of mind to take a break until the full patch is released. One morning i stayed up until 0530 just to see the whole thing fall apart.

Right now im playing with someone elses tactic just to take a break.

But i managed to keep Coventry away from relegation and i lost in the FA cup, so something is positive

One morning i stayed up until 0530 just to see the whole thing fall apart.

That's what really bugs me, we don't have lots of time but what time we do spent is often later seen as wasted.

Recently with Sunderland i won away to Blackburn 6-1 and i really thought i was onto something, then lost the next three games icon_mad.gif

this looks interesting!!! im really struggling to find a tactic that works and im getting really fustrated. so i play a flat back 5 with 2 central midfilders and 3 strikers. play the offside trap with a high backline and an attacking mentality yeah??

Yeah but that was 07... this is 08.

so 08 is no good without the full patch?

That's right, even the tactical gods aren't touching it until the patch comes out. Also if you get anything working now, you'll have to start again after the patch is out.

What i find humourous is in the GQ area people keep asking "When will the patch be out?" and the reply is always "Not until it's finished".

Pity they didn't say that about the game itself, huh?

Just to let you know Andy your tactics have made the game so much more enjoyable on 07.

As Aston Villa I have performed the treble and won the league 4 times in a row with the following team

GK : Taylor

DR : Ratinho

DL : Marcelo

DC : Madlung

DC: Colocini

DC: Kompany

MC: Gourcuff

MC: Barry

ST: Agbonlahor

ST: Johnson

TM: Zigic

Zigic is the best TM by far closely followed by Eddie Johnson. If you follow your rules to the letter; fast defence, tackling and passing midfield, one tm to nippy strikers, you can achieve wonders.

Thank you so much for your contribution so far and hope you continue you your success with '08. Keep up the good work and let us know when we can play '08 with one of your brilliant tactics.

Again many thanks Sir Andy,

Gaz

Just to let you know Andy your tactics have made the game so much more enjoyable on 07.

As Aston Villa I have performed the treble and won the league 4 times in a row with the following team

GK : Taylor

DR : Ratinho

DL : Marcelo

DC : Madlung

DC: Colocini

DC: Kompany

MC: Gourcuff

MC: Barry

ST: Agbonlahor

ST: Johnson

TM: Zigic

Zigic is the best TM by far closely followed by Eddie Johnson. If you follow your rules to the letter; fast defence, tackling and passing midfield, one tm to nippy strikers, you can achieve wonders.

Thank you so much for your contribution so far and hope you continue you your success with '08. Keep up the good work and let us know when we can play '08 with one of your brilliant tactics.

Again many thanks Sir Andy,

Gaz

Surprised to see people still discovering success on 07, maybe quite a few people have reverted back due to what's happening with 08.

Sir Andy? Nice compliment, but i would i think i need more work before i hit legendary status, although it has been mentioned already!

Anyway a lot of credit has to goto yourself, that is a formidable achievment. This tactic is not simply plug and play, the players you use will enhance it.

Hi Sir Andy.

I have sent you a new tactic, have you got it and have you had time to test it?

If i can emulate my 07 tactic on 08 then i'd be worthy of the Sir status, but somehow i can't see the Queen adding me to her honours list icon_wink.gif

I'm working on something just now but when it collapses (which they usually do) i'll give yours a twirl.

Well reading through this makes me feel that maybe I made a correct decision in not rushing out to buy FM08. It took me so long to start enjoying 07 that I think I'll stick with it for a while now.

By way of an update, I've moved on from my Atletico game and decided to start a new game with my beloved Sheffield Wednesday. If only the team I supported wasn't so hard to manage.

Basically I'm struggling to get any consistency as my team lacks depth and players that suit the tactic, but I'm getting there slowly. In February of my first season and currently sitting 13th on the ladder, I should be safe from relegation and that always was my first goal. My plan is to just keep going and adding the right players to the squad when and where I can. in the hope that given time we can start climbing and build some success.

Again I feel the tactic is really working, making a pretty average team perform slightly above itself, once I get players that suit the tactic I should be right. The highlight so far would be a 2-0 win over Fulham in the FA Cup and the lowlight is either getting stuffed by Southampton away or being 3-0 up thanks to a Chris Sutton hat-trick at QPR despite being down to ten men only to finish 3-3.

I'll keep you updated but if anyone knows of any dirt cheap players that suit this tactic then please let me know! And I mean cheap, no-one over 100k please.

Once again, cheers Andy, your tactic is the only reason I'm still playing this game.

didn't work very well for me...it took about 4 games for my team to adapt, then they hit a three match winning run, but from them on they're constantly getting exploited and dominated in midfield and my five men defense failed to pull off the offside trap efficiently. won only about twice in the next ten games. This tactic however brings out the best of your target man.

I'll be scouting in the transfer market before using this tactic again, but I can roughly see how this can be good...

If you don't like tweaking or your not sure what you are doing tweaking wise then staying, or going back to, FM07 IS the best option.

I have tried my own tactics, Sunnys, other peoples and have found some solid tactics but the shelf life is always short.

It has been stated that for long term success you MUST be prepared to make changes before each game and even during the game.

Although it is true that these changes need never be drastic, maybe just adjust a slider or two, this is where the confusion starts. Which slider?

I find the sliders extremely difficult to get right to start with so the thought of adjusting them doesn't appeal to me.

You see players doing things you don't want to but trying to alter them - arrrgh icon_mad.gif

If you don't like tweaking or your not sure what you are doing tweaking wise then staying, or going back to, FM07 IS the best option.

I have tried my own tactics, Sunnys, other peoples and have found some solid tactics but the shelf life is always short.

It has been stated that for long term success you MUST be prepared to make changes before each game and even during the game.

Although it is true that these changes need never be drastic, maybe just adjust a slider or two, this is where the confusion starts. Which slider?

I find the sliders extremely difficult to get right to start with so the thought of adjusting them doesn't appeal to me.

You see players doing things you don't want to but trying to alter them - arrrgh icon_mad.gif

That may not be the case, andy. The latest tactic that ive sent you has made chase for a champions league sport with Coventry. Still a lot of draws but i can play with a smile.

I will still loose and i will still have the game where i have a ratio of 25-14 shots on goal and the opponent have 3-2 and i loose 1-0.

But i don care about that my biggest win was against chelsea at home winning 5-0. When im finished with my season i will evaluate the season and then launch it i think.

Originally posted by sunny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andysafc:

That may not be the case, andy. The latest tactic that ive sent you has made chase for a champions league sport with Coventry. Still a lot of draws but i can play with a smile.

I will still loose and i will still have the game where i have a ratio of 25-14 shots on goal and the opponent have 3-2 and i loose 1-0.

But i don care about that my biggest win was against chelsea at home winning 5-0. When im finished with my season i will evaluate the season and then launch it i think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgot to mention, i dont tweak.

Just want to show you all what can be accomplished with no tweaking just play.

coventryfinaltablemp9.th.png]

And here is my squad:

coventrysquadtk4.th.png]

And this is not a good squad, but together it has performed miracles and i have achived a CL spot. If it is of interest i will post this in a new thread, because i think we need a new perspective and concentrate on FM08.

andy

The only thing i have changed from the tactic ive sent you, is i have set longshots on the midfielders to rarely.

To be fair Sunny, i haven't actually tested your latest tactic yet. I don't play often as i have said and i have something of my own working but i like your screenshot so i'll definatly give it a try when i get a chance.

daz10_uk - I don't think the links at the start work anymore.

There are links throughout the thread. If i get time i'll send it to you, ok?

To be fair Sunny, i haven't actually tested your latest tactic yet. I don't play often as i have said and i have something of my own working but i like your screenshot so i'll definatly give it a try when i get a chance.

You should andy. This one has really brought out the joy for me on FM08.

It was co-created from a man from www.fmnorge.com and i have then modified it to the way it is now. And i have got the premition to post it on here. So i think i will see to it tomorrow

Sunny - I'm going to give this a go with Sunderland. I'll start a new season to give it a fair chance. I'll keep you informed.

Good. Just som pointers.

-Your striker needs to be quick and not to bad with the head

-You need a kakatype player in the amc position or someone like Sergio Aguero.

-The LMC is the more defensive one.

-Pace is vital in the defence + Stamina on your fullbacks

-It could be an advantage to have cover for your striker and midfield in your subs. They are the ones who will get tired early.

Good Luck to you.

Ireally want Sunny's tactic to work because i believe that there is a big market for a simple download and play tactic without the knowledge of tweaking. I did it for 07 and it doesn't matter if it's me, Sunny or anyone else who creates it, just as long as they do.

Recently Sunny emailed me his latest creation, scrrenshots of his own progress can be seen above.

After painfully going through yet another pre-season, they become tedious after awhile, i was quite excited about the start of the proper season.

But this is how it went...

Sunderland v Liverpool 0-4 L

Wigan v Sunderland 4-1 L

Sunderland v Tottenham 0-4 L

I reloaded at the end of pre-season for another try...

Wigan v Sunderland 4-0 L

Virtually indentical.

I reloaded with my own tactic...

Sunderland v Liverpool 0-1 L

Wigan v Sunderland 0-1 W

Sunderland v Tottenham 1-2 L

I would like to be constructive as to why it happened but in all honesty i have no idea. I used players with pace, a striker with pace, finishing and heading etc etc.

I really don't know why Sunny and usually i would give it a lot longer but i think it was clearly not working for me.

I think a lot of people are pinning their hopes that the patch is going to be some wonderful recovery, i don't think it will be but i do think that the patch which is due any day now will change the match engine in a big way meaning tactics that work now will need to be changed.

I just hope it is all worth it.

I must register by disappointment with this tactic.

I have tried it with a Burnley team I have. Middle of the Championship, not a special team, but with a few decent players. It has not really worked for me, and I fail to see how it could work. I 2 middies are constantly over run, and the back 5 are pretty clueless. Most teams just play balls through the off side trap.

Perhaps it is the players, but I do seem to have defenders with the correct attributes (pace).

Anyway, I shall have to move on. Thanks anyway.

Ireally want Sunny's tactic to work because i believe that there is a big market for a simple download and play tactic without the knowledge of tweaking. I did it for 07 and it doesn't matter if it's me, Sunny or anyone else who creates it, just as long as they do.

Recently Sunny emailed me his latest creation, scrrenshots of his own progress can be seen above.

After painfully going through yet another pre-season, they become tedious after awhile, i was quite excited about the start of the proper season.

But this is how it went...

Wigan v Sunderland 4-1 L

I reloaded at the end of pre-season for another try...

Wigan v Sunderland 4-0 L

Virtually indentical.

I reloaded with my own tactic...

Sunderland v Liverpool 0-1 L

Wigan v Sunderland 0-1 W

Sunderland v Tottenham 1-2 L

I would like to be constructive as to why it happened but in all honesty i have no idea. I used players with pace, a striker with pace, finishing and heading etc etc.

I really don't know why Sunny and usually i would give it a lot longer but i think it was clearly not working for me.

I think a lot of people are pinning their hopes that the patch is going to be some wonderful recovery, i don't think it will be but i do think that the patch which is due any day now will change the match engine in a big way meaning tactics that work now will need to be changed.

I just hope it is all worth it.

On the top of my head maybe you could reduce CF with 3-4 notches.

-How was the shots on goal?

Yesterday i strenghtend my squad with the right players and played my first match against Liverpool at home, making it 0-0.

I had 31-17 in shot ration

They had 9-3.

At the start of my good season i played with CF who i have reduced as i mentioned before.

The one who was co-creator plays with Blyth Spartans and have massive sucsess.

Archived