A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

Originally posted by andysafc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As I'm in my first season, I did have to bring in a total of 14 players and sold 11, so perhaps this is the reason for the inconsistency.

Then again, my normal first team 11 contains 9 players who were at the club last year, so maybe it's not the reason.

Is it likely the team will improve consistency over the next few months into next season, or will the team "get" used to dropping points?

Have a look at your team report, your a fair way into the season so if your team hasn't 'gelled and got a good understanding' then that is still to come. However if they have gelled but are not getting the results then that is different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't checked yet, but if they have gelled, what would your solution be for improving results?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres to you, Andy

Hi there, andy.

Havent been able to check the email becuase of a little holiday and a sick wife.

But i will check it out soon.

I have also worked on a tactic which is based on the former 5-2-3. I have sent it to you, so i you could check it out i would appreciate alot.

Many thanks in advance

Sunny

icon_smile.gif

im gonna test the 4-3-3 with Piacenza in the Italian serie B, but I was wondering 1 thing.

Piacenza has alot of good AMR & AML's and your tactic doesnt seem to be built around those players.

was wondering if it would be a good idea to put in two farrows to the AMR+AML positions on the two outer MC's and put theyr cross from to byline.

what do you think?

nevermind my last post, noticed this destroys the whole tactic.

tested it with the arrows for about 14-15 games, and it didnt do well, the tactic becomes very vulnerable to counter attacks and you get 2-3 goals against you per game if you play vs a countering tactic.

im gonna test it with the original 4-3-3 tactic instead icon_wink.gif

SUNNY: Got the tactic, haven't tried it yet but i like the shape - it's something different from the over used 4-4-2.

Would it be ok if i put it on here for other people to give it a try? With these things it's best to get feedback from people using different teams in different Leagues to find out where it's working.

Orkun & Lifeforms and others:

Sunny and myself have been working on tactics for 08 but it is all WIP so far, nothing is finalised. I may put both our tactics here later today for you to try them so we can get some feedback. Due to FM08's diifferences we have moved away from the original tactic somewhat.

I will try to get them on here later, ok?

Orkun & Lifeforms and others:

Sunny and myself have been working on tactics for 08 but it is all WIP so far, nothing is finalised. I may put both our tactics here later today for you to try them so we can get some feedback. Due to FM08's diifferences we have moved away from the original tactic somewhat.

I will try to get them on here later, ok?

Perhaps it would be best to let more people try it.

The feedback here has to be constructive. Thats because we are trying to set up a tactic that can get you som sucsess which you dont have study an entire essay before every match.

We dont like comments like: " this is rubbish" or "this is great". In order to make this happen we need as much feedback as people can give us.

andy

If you wonder anything about the screenshots, just ask. I just had to send you the email, because i was getting promising results with practically no purchases. And that is a good thing. (I hope). hehehehe.......

Andy

What is interesting to see is that we think a lot a like.

Though, i think your tactic is a bit more attacking than mine. With those two farrows on the mïdfielders, do you get caught with quick counters?

Do you use wingers rather than strikers on the attack?

With the version i sent you, i have an opptions with both strikers and wingers as long as i have the right attributes. But i prefer strikers.

Just some comments...

Right so here we go, i have TWO tactics for testing as stated one is by Sunny and one by myself.

Why two tactics?

I think FM has changed a lot over the last two versions and it is getting harder and harder to create a tactic that works without ever changing. Now i am advising that you choose one tactic and stick with it but it is handy to have something up your sleeve. With my tactic i started really well but i hit a bad patch, maybe it would have been useful to have Sunny's tactic to use at that occasion?

The downside with two different formations is that you need different players for different positions but that shouldn't be a problem as most teams have bigger squads now.

MY OWN TACTIC

I came up with this while i was fiddling about in my Sunderland season. It starts with 3 CD's 2 attacking WB's, DM, CM and 2 strikers.

Once it was working with Sunderland i tried it with a team from the Blue Square North but it wasn't as good, i put that down to using the default training as i don't have any availible for part timers. So i moved upto Division 2 with Bury and give it another try, this time using Tug's Training. We were rated at 80/1 to go up and should be more concerned with relegation but after only 8 games we were 1st, only conceding 2 goals. I hit a bad patch though and struggled for quite a few games but came out of it and by around Xmas we were comfortably in the play offs, not bad for a team rated at 80/1?

bafflingjw2.png] [/url]

ANDY'S TACTIC

SUNNY'S TACTIC

coventryprogressaf7.jpg] [/url]

coventrysquadnv4.jpg] [/url]

SUNNY'S tactic is an interesting looking one, i've only tried it for one game with Bury a 3-1 away win. It's certainly worth a good test. I thought he would use wingers but i see he says fowards.

SUNNY'S INNCOMING

I would downolad both, have a look at the players needed and then choose one and use it. If you hit a bad patch then swap to the other, vice versa.

IMPORTANT

We want your feedback but as Sunny rightly says it must be constructive. If it's working try tell us why... where the goals come from, the kind of players your using. If it doesn't work then let us know the team and how long you give it. This is WIP and your feedback can help us.

Good one, andy!

Would say that the reason i use forwards is that when attacking they rush into the middle and joins up with the targetman.

You have to selcte targetmen, but i keep it unticked.

The three in midfield needs the same attributes as for the 07 tactic, but you should have backup. Thats because you may suffer more yellow and red cards in FM08

The fullbacks need good Crossing. They are the only ones who will cross often with this tactic.

Hey Andy - what was your first choice team with Sunderland?

Even in friendlies im having a mare every game -

10-20 shots on goal per half.

did it take time for the tactic to settle in?

players are knackered 50/60 by 40mins - did you find that the norm?

Not sure where im going wrong - is anyone else on a mac finding this game impossible - seriously impossible?

Its not working to well with Sunderland mate.

Conceeding far too many goals in the second half.

4 goals conceeded every game so far. including a 4-4 draw with spurs after being 4-0 in the first half. They scored 4 in the last ten.

First half goes steady - second half poor - CM (Whitehead for me) gets tired too quickly and passes go astray. The centre backs (L-R Higgin, McShane, Noz) also seem to give up around the 60 mark.

The forwards seem to do their job - goals are not a problem - shots are good, possesion is 50/50. Just seems to be the second 45.

Maybe second half one of the forwards needs to drop back into a threeman midfield to help breakdown the oncoming attacks? And help prevent the midfield burnout.

Maybe second half play the longball game? Plenty of forwards to knock it down.

Im on 8.01 and have been using SA'08 trainings.

Not sure where im going wrong - is anyone else on a mac finding this game impossible - seriously impossible?

I think a lot of people are having problems. Last night i played 2 games with Sunny's version and in those two games i created 34 shots, my opponents created 7 shots.

Now i should be really happy with that but what happened was i won 4-3 and lost 4-2. So out of two games my oppnents scored with every shot they had. Realistic? GIVE ME A BREAK!

People that should know better are saying you should not create to many chances, imagine after those two games i give my players a rollicking for creating to many chances?

I used to go by the theory of - chances = goals, more chances = more goals.

But i have said before, FM is not about creating tactics to suit football - it's about creating a tactic to counter the match engine errors.

In my tactic i've slowed the pace down and i've found that i do create less chances but i score most of them. But i'm still testing so it's not right yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not sure where im going wrong - is anyone else on a mac finding this game impossible - seriously impossible?

I think a lot of people are having problems. Last night i played 2 games with Sunny's version and in those two games i created 34 shots, my opponents created 7 shots.

Now i should be really happy with that but what happened was i won 4-3 and lost 4-2. So out of two games my oppnents scored with every shot they had. Realistic? GIVE ME A BREAK!

People that should know better are saying you should not create to many chances, imagine after those two games i give my players a rollicking for creating to many chances?

I used to go by the theory of - chances = goals, more chances = more goals.

But i have said before, FM is not about creating tactics to suit football - it's about creating a tactic to counter the match engine errors.

In my tactic i've slowed the pace down and i've found that i do create less chances but i score most of them. But i'm still testing so it's not right yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That happened to me to at first a lot of goals where conceeded, but going in to boxing day my defence is solid.

I guess you have pace in defence?

That happened to me to at first a lot of goals where conceeded, but going in to boxing day my defence is solid.

Yes, i always go for pace. i wasn't knocking your tactic Sunny in fact quite the opposite. I need to get a little more used to it so i can find what sort of players are best. For example i may have two right backs, one may be may first choice for the tactic i've been using but the other maybe better suited for your tactic. That is just an example, it's about learning about the tactic then trying to enhance it with the right players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That happened to me to at first a lot of goals where conceeded, but going in to boxing day my defence is solid.

Yes, i always go for pace. i wasn't knocking your tactic Sunny in fact quite the opposite. I need to get a little more used to it so i can find what sort of players are best. For example i may have two right backs, one may be may first choice for the tactic i've been using but the other maybe better suited for your tactic. That is just an example, it's about learning about the tactic then trying to enhance it with the right players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you hit the spot there. For instance im using a DM in defence because he is much quicker Than my so called best defender according to my Ass Man.

For this tactic, you need much of the same attributes as the ones i mentioned for the 07 tactic. But beware that your midfielders will get more cards than FM07.

And also Crossing is a much more important attribute for your fullbacks.

Good Luck, andy.

I'm not sure if the thread has moved on too far now but I've been using Andy's FM07 tactic on FM08 and won the Irish First Division in my first season with Finn Harps and am currently 8th in the Irish Premier League in my second season.

The tactic is still very good and effective. Maybe it's the team talks that are taking on more importance and changing the basic dynamics?

Hiya,

Back to 07 for a second...

I'm playing with my beloved Stockport in League 2, none of the players are that great. I've been using Sunnys stat reccomendations for each position, but as i'm in the lower leagues, you're obviously not going to get players with these stats higher than 11-13.

How high have the stats got to be to have success with this tactic? is it worth using it if your players are crap?

I've mad 3 signings, Brian Saah, Derek Holmes, and Mike Stewardson.

Originally posted by iocounty:

Hiya,

Back to 07 for a second...

I'm playing with my beloved Stockport in League 2, none of the players are that great. I've been using Sunnys stat reccomendations for each position, but as i'm in the lower leagues, you're obviously not going to get players with these stats higher than 11-13.

How high have the stats got to be to have success with this tactic? is it worth using it if your players are crap?

I've mad 3 signings, Brian Saah, Derek Holmes, and Mike Stewardson.

If you get stats of 11-13 in league 2 than your goood to go. It could also take you throug league 1.

fm08wh7.jpg] [/url]

Here is another angle as to how Sunny's Inncomming tactic has worked for me. Notice at the start how irratic the results are? But once it settled down, or gelled as it is otherwise known, look at the results!

But look a those last 6 results, 0 goals conceded, in the last 3 away games we got 3-0, 4-0, and 5-0 wins.

Excellent work Sunny icon14.gif

andysafc

Very good work, glad to see that it works for you too, and yeah you too. I got promoted!

coventryfinaltablegg3.th.png]

And this happened with no transfer funds. I had to rely on loaners and freebees.

I struggled big time in the start of the season, because i tried to achieve the best formation. But once it was settled it flew away.

Scored lots and conceeded few. at least for the final half of the season. What do you think andy, do we need to wait for the final patch before we release it on an own thread?

What do you think andy, do we need to wait for the final patch before we release it on an own thread?

Your calling the shots now Sunny icon_wink.gif

But i guess so, some people are saying tactic that work pre-patch arn't working now so it'll probably need a re-assessment after the patch.

On the other hand you could start a new thread and it would be dedicated to the tactic patch and post patch. It's your call.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What do you think andy, do we need to wait for the final patch before we release it on an own thread?

Your calling the shots now Sunny icon_wink.gif

But i guess so, some people are saying tactic that work pre-patch arn't working now so it'll probably need a re-assessment after the patch.

On the other hand you could start a new thread and it would be dedicated to the tactic patch and post patch. It's your call. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well i dont know if i should call the shots here. Wouldnt leave this great thread behind, it has been a really wakeup call for me and that means a lot.

But before i do something i think i would like your opinion and maybe final result with Sunderland, and i like to see how i can manage in the EPL with new signings and all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">what type of forward do you use

Sunny uses a TM sty;e in the centre and normal/fast strikers wide. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pace is even more important here on the wide strikers/wingers than before. mostly because they might be on the touchline before running, but they may also be near the TM.

Originally posted by kroshot:

could you move the 2 wide forwards upfront with farrows back to the amrl postions

I have tried that, and i felt i didnt get enough power upfront. The way it is now i think is working much better.

Bet i cant force you not to try, if it works let me know.

Archived