A Promotion Winning Tactic - With NO Tweaking At All - Home or Away!

Thanks for your praise lads - i'm just pleased that i could be of help. I hope that i can do the same with 08 although i have my doubts. I really needed the high D-Line to prevent the tweaking but a high D-Line dosn't work in 08 even with fast defenders.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

testedit over a few games mate...not much good for me.

HSV - Lost 2-0 (Got battered!)

Kiddiminster - Won 2-0 (very even game)

Lincoln - Won 3-0 (fair result)

Athlone - Lost 1-0 (fair result)

Arsenal - Lost 3-1 (Got Battered)

Gillingham - Drew 1-1 (I got last minute equaliser)

Cheers

Matt's Training has been included several times in this thread but i don't know where!

Sunny Have you had a chance to test my FM08 tweak of the FM07 tactic yet?

My tests is showing brilliant results at home but poor away. If the same happens with other teams then at least i'm half way there!

With Histon i'm winning home games quite easily even though i'm the underdog in each game. If it's working with other teams then i'll see if i can adapt the away version.

Originally posted by andysafc:

Matt's Training has been included several times in this thread but i don't know where!

Sunny Have you had a chance to test my FM08 tweak of the FM07 tactic yet?

My tests is showing brilliant results at home but poor away. If the same happens with other teams then at least i'm half way there!

With Histon i'm winning home games quite easily even though i'm the underdog in each game. If it's working with other teams then i'll see if i can adapt the away version.

I actually have hade problems at home, but that could be that i met 3 out of the big 4 at home.

Ive been experimenting with sarrows on both midfield and offence, and so far i been sticking with it in the offence.

Ive had a terrible start with moral so maybe thats the reason ive been struggling in the beginning.

But i like what i see in this tactic and im battling for the top 4 spots going in december.

I have played it with the original, havent used the width slider. But as i said im now playing with sarrows on mine to sidestrikers.

Playing with Aston Villa.

Will put up som screenies when i have played som more.

icon14.gif for the tactic so far

Andy, I have identified a major problem with this tactic on fm07, it cannot win on pitches that are wet and boggy. I think this is to do with the quick strikers as they cannot run with the ball and are totally ineffective. I have played 15 games this season and have won 8 drawn 2 and lost 5 all on the above pitches. It would be interesting to know the games you have lost were they on these pitches. Anyone else this goes out to also.

Have you had a chance to try it out Sunny?

I don't get much time but from what testing i've done with both Histon and Sunderland it's brilliant at home but poor away. I've done evrything to try and change my away form and nothing seemed to work. I went back to my home tactic and moved the central DC into the DM position and i've changed the defeats into draws. Wins and draws - now it looks better!

Paggioram: I've sent it for you to test also, check your email icon_wink.gif

Have you had a chance to try it out Sunny?

I don't get much time but from what testing i've done with both Histon and Sunderland it's brilliant at home but poor away. I've done evrything to try and change my away form and nothing seemed to work. I went back to my home tactic and moved the central DC into the DM position and i've changed the defeats into draws. Wins and draws - now it looks better!

Paggioram: I've sent it for you to test also, check your email icon_wink.gif

Ive only played friendlies with Coventry and it was various results. But it was mostly away games against poor teams.

Would you suggest that we need a dm instead of 5 defenders?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Would you suggest that we need a dm instead of 5 defenders?

For away games YES, for home games... i have thought about it but my results are suggesting not to change things yet. But it needs further testing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have tried know about 13-14 and the DM works actually both home and away.

But im drawing way to much, but bare in mind that im managing coventry. No transfer funds and i have to rely on the current players and loaners.

but so far so good, i think i have lost 3 games in 14.

Will let you know more tomorrow, time for bed know!!

It is hard getting something consistant working, i mean even the teamtalks have bugs! (As explained in other threads) Choosing the right option can leave your players angry and confused - just like this icon_mad.gif

I guess this is how some people think about SI... icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Managing Sunderland is difficult in FM 08. My Ass Man advises me that we must strengthen the team to avoid relegation. yet how can you buy ANY EPL quality players on a transfer budget of £600,000?

But that can work in my favour, it means i need to create a really good tactic to perform to my own expectations.

So far i've had some good results, some disapointments but remain just inside the top half. This is above my boards expectations but still below my own. Going in the right direction though, now if only i could buy better players...

OK I will be discussing this as I go along with a few constant updates.

Yet again I am managing Derby and am using the same training as Andy suggests. I have a weaker side than you at Sunderland and I have less money and less sellable resource this could be a train wreck if it all does not gel.

I will let you all know what happens.

Has anyone tested the split mentality theory with the tactic that has been emailed me?

So far not lost, but i still get many draws and letting in goals quite easily but on the bright side im scoring a lot.

Lets just hope that i have crappy defenders! icon_smile.gif

I have tested it for 19 games in the championship with Coventry.

My stats:

played 21

goals for 47(2.2)

goals against 36(1.7)

yellow cards 28(1.3)

Attacking it is a great tactic, but as you can see the defence is leeking goals all over the place. Crossing, Corners, Counter Attacks, Defenceslips.

dont know if it is the bugs, but i can lead 5-0, 3-1, 3-0, 4-0.

And the result ends up like 5-3, 3-3, 3-2, 4-3, 4-2 etc

It is impossible to get clean sheets.

Im now playing with split mentality and closing down on my defence and DM, but it is to soon to see if it is a good one.

Any ideas, andy??

Im kinda lost.....

I'm also at a loss Sunny. It's not that i can't cteate decent tactics because i got Sunderland up to 6th in the EPL and Histon 2nd in Blue Square Premier. But at the same time BOTH teams hit a brick wall.

I know someone will say it's because i have overachieved so my opponents are showing me more respect blah blah blah.

I can accept that but in both my Sunderland and Histon games the opponents started scoring from long shots and i was blasting over from 6 yards.

I can understand with Histon because of the quality of players used but exactly the same happens with Sunderland. So is it my players? My tactics? I don't think so. It's the game.

So i'm at a loss as to what to do next.

I'm losing patience with this game rapidly.

If you have any ideas Sunny as to getting something working but until then i'm taking a break from this tedious work as i no longer find it a game (fun).

Guest kevwall07

sori is dis 4 fm 08 or fm 07??

i know dat is a stupid question but im a bit slow icon_wink.gif

if it is 4 fm08: i have been playin as grimsby and well i dont tink the tactic is workin.....every team seems to be destroying me

can u give me some help plz

eg. i lost 3-1 to a northern ireland team!!

HELP icon_frown.gif

Guest kevwall07

oh yeh sori 4got to ask.....will this tactic take up 2 six games 2 kick in??

ok jus trie ur tactic against mk dons and won 1-0 icon_biggrin.gif but i tink it woz lucky because dey had 12 shot and i onli had 3( one on target) will keep u updated .

Guest kevwall07

ive decided dat im giving up on fm08 until u ave fully published ur tactic

im headin bk 2 fm07....started as mk dons....and i got ARSENAL! as a parent club....ur tactic seems to be workin im 7 games in and 3rd in the league....im gettin very lucky one-nil results wit the tactic.....

is der any runs dat the full bavks do in the tactic or doi leave it da way it is without runs....plz wb asap!!

Hey andysafc - im in the same boat with Sunderland on 08.

600k is hardly realistic given the real amounts of cash Quinn and co threw at Keano this summer.

In true Keane fashion i asked The board for more cash and they duely deliverd 6m.

Ive hit a massive brick wall tactics wise - tried an old 07 favourite - W1 D0 L3 then tried the Flor tactic - made a few tweaks and finally won my first out 11.

Sunderland is a massive challenge in 08.

Maybe we should be following Keano's real life tactics by sticking Chopra wide everytime we play away?

Kevwall07: The tactic for 07 is proven especially if you follow Sunny's guide on page 14. Arrows on FB's are optional but not neccessary.

Mr Mackem: I can relate to everything you said, i'm also struggling tactic wise. i get something working, get my hopes up, then it crumbles. I'm still trying but i doubt i'll be able to beat what i did on 07.

I'm playing FM07 with Bristol Rovers in League 2, and I'm finding results hard to come by.

I've got great players for that division - 2 good target men with jumping and heading of 15 each and finishing of 13.

I don't play them both but play 1 when the others injured.

My other two strikers are fast (pace at least 13), off the ball at least 13 and finishing at least 10.

My two central midfielders have teamwork and workrate at least 12, and passing at least 10.

My defenders all have pace at least 11, and the three central ones all have tackling at least 12.

I know those numbers aren't too high, they're not near 20's, but this is League 2, and I couldn't get any better players.

The first time I used the tactic, I went on a 4-game winning streak, including beating Wolves 2-0 in the League Cup. However, since those first 4 games, I've been really inconsistent.

I've now played 25 games this season in total and my record is W11, D5, L9. I'm in 12th place in the league.

Watching the 2D pitch, it looks like my midfield hardly ever gets a sniff in, the opposition dominate possession, normally at the rate of 75/25. The number of times the opposition strikers get in behind my defenders is very high, and my target man always seems to knock on headers in front of him, rather than to the side to either one of the other strikers.

I'm incredibly inconsistent, winning one game 2-0, then losing the next 3-0. It doesn't seem to matter how good the opposition is, I beat league leaders Swindon 3-0 away and then lost to bottom placed Macclesfield 4-1 at home.

I've made no tweaks to the tactic I downloaded, so why am I so inconsistent?

DamienY2J: Attributes wise you look fine, how many players did you bring in per season?

In my experience i find the team gells quite quick if you sign no more than 3 players per season, more than that would cause the inconsistant results.

Other than that try an alternative TM, your success is based around the TM so if he's not producing the goods then the whole team struggles.

If you look through the last few pages there are several TM for various levels who have proved successful.

DamienY2J: Attributes wise you look fine, how many players did you bring in per season?

In my experience i find the team gells quite quick if you sign no more than 3 players per season, more than that would cause the inconsistant results.

Other than that try an alternative TM, your success is based around the TM so if he's not producing the goods then the whole team struggles.

If you look through the last few pages there are several TM for various levels who have proved successful.

hello andy!

Sorry for no feedback in the weekend, but i have been away with no internett accses!

How are you doing with testing?

All the results that i have mentioned before has been with the tactic from your email, but i havent tried the width and time wasting tweaks. How are you doing with that?

But my main concern has been the leeking of goals, how are you doing on that?

Sunny - conceding goals in FM 08 is the hardest task to solve. \scoring is NOT a problem though. I've tried everything from 5 man defence to 3 man and surprisingly the 3 man defence is working better.

I've changed the formation (again) and even the style of play but even though so far this season i have been using as a test with Sunderland i remain in the top 6 of the EPL. It's crazy really because i can't settle on a tactic, keep changing, 5-2-3, 4-3-3 just to name a couple and yet i'm doing really well.

I read that with 08 your NOT supposed to make drastic changes but upto now that is the only thing that has kept my position high. If i stick with one tactic it flops after a few games. So i continue to search for that 'special' tactic and although i nmay not find it, i may get my best ever FM 08 finish while i'm looking. Crazy?

Sunny - conceding goals in FM 08 is the hardest task to solve. \scoring is NOT a problem though. I've tried everything from 5 man defence to 3 man and surprisingly the 3 man defence is working better.

I've changed the formation (again) and even the style of play but even though so far this season i have been using as a test with Sunderland i remain in the top 6 of the EPL. It's crazy really because i can't settle on a tactic, keep changing, 5-2-3, 4-3-3 just to name a couple and yet i'm doing really well.

I read that with 08 your NOT supposed to make drastic changes but upto now that is the only thing that has kept my position high. If i stick with one tactic it flops after a few games. So i continue to search for that 'special' tactic and although i nmay not find it, i may get my best ever FM 08 finish while i'm looking. Crazy?

Thats really crazy and weird!

I agree with you that the hardest part is to lock up that defence and not letting in goals.

Rashidi has mentioned in another thread that it seems like a 3 man defence with 3 in the attack is "favoured" in the game, maybe i will try something like that later this evening. I dont know....

Perhaps a full patch release will help us in getting the tactic we want. Just play and not tweak.

Perhaps a full patch release will help us in getting the tactic we want. Just play and not tweak.

i doubt it - they've been trying to move away from that for awhile as it is deemed as 'unrealistic'. Someone will be quick to point out that IRL no team plays with the same tactic every game - but then this isn't real life.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Perhaps a full patch release will help us in getting the tactic we want. Just play and not tweak.

i doubt it - they've been trying to move away from that for awhile as it is deemed as 'unrealistic'. Someone will be quick to point out that IRL no team plays with the same tactic every game - but then this isn't real life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To where and what you compare this, it is still just a GAME.

Let the people have fun!!!!

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

To where and what you compare this, it is still just a GAME.

That is EXACTLY how i feel and that is how this game used to be but people (SI) have lost touch and some people on here actually believe this is similar to what happens irl.

"Kick out the style, bring back The Jam"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">To where and what you compare this, it is still just a GAME.

That is EXACTLY how i feel and that is how this game used to be but people (SI) have lost touch and some people on here actually believe this is similar to what happens irl.

"Kick out the style, bring back The Jam" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>just to let you know andysafc,i bought fm08 the day it came out and attempted twice to get into it but to no avail.thanks to you im still enjoying fm07 currently in my 5th season with blackburn after finishing 2nd in the prem!!! my forward line is vela(left side st) andrade/alan smith and aguero(right st)!never had so much fun on the fm series and it's all down to you once again cheers mate icon14.gif

As I'm in my first season, I did have to bring in a total of 14 players and sold 11, so perhaps this is the reason for the inconsistency.

Then again, my normal first team 11 contains 9 players who were at the club last year, so maybe it's not the reason.

Is it likely the team will improve consistency over the next few months into next season, or will the team "get" used to dropping points?

As I'm in my first season, I did have to bring in a total of 14 players and sold 11, so perhaps this is the reason for the inconsistency.

Then again, my normal first team 11 contains 9 players who were at the club last year, so maybe it's not the reason.

Is it likely the team will improve consistency over the next few months into next season, or will the team "get" used to dropping points?

Have a look at your team report, your a fair way into the season so if your team hasn't 'gelled and got a good understanding' then that is still to come. However if they have gelled but are not getting the results then that is different.

Archived