The amazing performers with ordinary attributes of FM09

Hello all.

I remember in FM07, Andres Guardado had good attributes, but nothing amazing or out of the ordinary. His attributes were a bit like Marcelo's, and although they were above average, they didn't really stand out or anything above and beyond most everyone else.

And there were a few other players like that i can't remember in FM07.

Anywa, despite his attributes not standing out more than the other good young players you could find in FM07, Guardado was one of the best two or three left wingers in the entire game, and he performed magically. I believe it was in FM07 as well that Ben Arfa had good attributes but nothing exceptional yet he would get tons of assists.

Anyway, in FM09 there are tons of young players and a lot of them with good attributes who are similar to one another. And it's like out of the 10 or 20 young good players you discover for a position, it can be hard to choose which to get, especially if it's your first game playing FM09.

So, I'm wondering who the Andres Guardado (from FM07) is in FM09, or if there are a few of them. I'm talking like young players who may have good to really good attributes, or even just decent attributes, but who regardless of what their attributes look like or regardless of what level you think their attributes should make them play at, they inexplicably play 10x better and are dominant in the game.

For example, ben arfa's attributes in FM09 don't look amazing or anything. I mean he's a winger and his crossing isnt great and his mental stats are mostly under 15, and so on, but I'm considering getting him anyway just because I remember how good he was in FM07 under the same circumstances. And Guardado's attributes weren't good at the beginning of my game but now Barca have him and his attributes are starting to look good, plus also I've become more knowledgeable about which attributes are actually important that I didnt know they were before.

Anyway, who are those must-buy super-over achievers players who are much better tahn even their attributes make thm seem in FM09?

And by overachievers I mean not just like 7.10-7.20 average rating per season. i mean like 7.5 - 8.0 + average ratings. Like really dominant overachievers.

(Side note: Players mentioned should preferably be for 9.3 patch)

Bosko Jankovic and Dorin Goian. Both have decent attributes but compared to the well known players who we all try and buy when we have a bit of money, these guys are just as good. Jankovic is superb on either wing and scores a lot of long range shots and can usually be signed for free at the end of the first season. Goian usually costs around £1.3m and is a beast at scoring goals from corners. Very reliable strong CB too.

Jankovic has killer long shots.

Danny Welbeck(saved my second season) and Fraizer Campbell(saved my second season on other save) ! On my new season i hope to play them toghether.

Do you see a pattern there?

M. Beevers (very good cb Premier League), thiago(barca), A. Russotto

Championship 9.0.2 : Lallana , S. Cuthbert, H. Diomande , N. Dyer, Lewandowski(PL quality all patches)

For me it would have to be Park Ji-Sung and Darren Fletcher. By the way I think this is an awesome thread :thup:

I'm just surprised the mods haven't closed it yet. Some of them have been abusing their power and closing all of my topics just for their own enjoyment because I guess they don't like me or something.

I haven't heard of any of those players except for Goian so I will check them out! But are these really the creme de la creme must buy "amazing performers with ordinary attributes" of FM09? Like are these really the equivalent of Andres Guardado in FM07? Or are these kind of lesser known examples but there are better ones like this out there?

Jankovic for me. I haven't seen him play a bad match yet. No matter where i play him across the midfield he always performs. And he always scores some sweet long range goals during a season. Good at corners and despite an average freekick rating is very good at them. Its tempting to use him as a utility player but he's so much more than that. Whether i need him or not, no matter what team I am, I always try and sign him at the end of the first season. And if i fail i try and buy him. Awesome player.

I'm just surprised the mods haven't closed it yet. Some of them have been abusing their power and closing all of my topics just for their own enjoyment because I guess they don't like me or something.

I agree 100%.

The amount of interesting closed threads annoyed me; first i let it go, but after a while i got frustrated by the mods; on the other hand they let others slide.

A bit less objective aren't you, mods?

:thdn: Cpleon, Hopeless and Nopurefun

Hernanes is one of the stand out player who is far superior to what he looks like, Edgar Barreto is another little gem. I think you two misunderstand us; I welcome good debates/discussions like this. It’s pretty clear why it’s open because it encourages a good debate.

However if you two have any concerns feel free to email your concern to mods[at]sigames.com. :)

Back on topic; Darren Fletcher? Shiraz. :eek:

Hernanes is one of the stand out player who is far superior to what he looks like, Edgar Barreto is another little gem. I think you two misunderstand us; I welcome good debates/discussions like this. It’s pretty clear why it’s open because it encourages a good debate.

However if you two have any concerns feel free to email your concern to mods[at]sigames.com. :)

Back on topic; Darren Fletcher? Shiraz. :eek:

He's been awesome for my Man Utd team and most of his attributes are average bar a few. :D

Aiden McGeady - His stats are not that great to be honest but he is a constant performer and has the like of Bayern, Barcelona and Real Madrid after him on my save. I Know people that have managed to get £20m + for him.

ishmael miller in my liverpool save. attributed defo nothing special but hits 20+ a season in league alone. scout reported him and they said only decent signing, but always scores against me

He is in my WBA save my top class striker and i played him for 4 seasons 15 all competitions goals per season :)

ill 2nd the mcgeady thing i know its only scotland but he performs way better than his stats suggest for a winger i think hes stats are average at best but hes def a better than average winger. i have however only played one season and that was with celtic on the 9.0.3 update.

Hamit Altintop is always amazing on my Bayern save, gets a bag of assists and gets on the scoresheet everynow and then. After his first season Chelsea are asking about him, and he makes it difficult to play Ribery in my team (I bought Guardado for the left, also a really good player)

ishmael miller in my liverpool save. attributed defo nothing special but hits 20+ a season in league alone. scout reported him and they said only decent signing, but always scores against me
He is in my WBA save my top class striker and i played him for 4 seasons 15 all competitions goals per season :)

It's because he is fast but also strong. The match engine seems to favour strikers like this.

• 3 months later...

simon davies... not world class but is top assister, best average ratings, best passer , scores scorchers , freekicks and is generally the reason im 3rd in the prem jsut after christmas with fulham...

completely irreplacable right now

Archived