Alan Shearer

Blanco

To cut a long story short, the way my sign-up has gone has meant that I want to create Alan Shearer as a player, coming out of retirement for two years...

Now, I didn't see much of him in his prime (I am a bit too young really to remember it well)

So, what do you think the attributes should be for him at his prime?

Cheers,

To cut a long story short, the way my sign-up has gone has meant that I want to create Alan Shearer as a player, coming out of retirement for two years...

Now, I didn't see much of him in his prime (I am a bit too young really to remember it well)

So, what do you think the attributes should be for him at his prime?

Cheers,

Strength - 18+

Heading - 18+

Jumping - 18+ (as he is quite short but scored loads with his head)

Acc - Around 10 / 11 I reckon

Pace - 12

Finishing - 19

Long shots - 15+

Composure - 16

First touch - 15

Influence - 20

Dribbling - 14/15

Basically the guy was a beast. He never scored that many goals for nothing!!

CA - I reckon about 190+ (England captain in his prime)

Be interested in what others think!!

I mean, shearer was pretty good, but considering that the only players in the database with 190 CA (I think) are Kaka, Messi and C.Ronaldo, he doesn't compare to them.

From what i can recall, kaka and ronaldo have won the world player of the year awards, but i don't think shearer has.

283 goals in 559 games is an astonishing record.

And I think the only reason he wasn't world player of the year because he wasn't a flamboyant kind of player. These awards nearly always go to these kind of players ut in terms of pure ability Shearer wasn't far from Kaka, Messi, Ronaldo for sure.

MAny many top class defenders state Alan Shearer as the best player they have ever played against.

Jamie Sains is spot on when he says he didn't win because he wasn't a flamboyant player

CA of around 188, he is one of the greatest goalscorers of all time

Finishing 19

composure 18

Off the ball 16

acceleration 11

pace 13

agility 13

heading 18

jumping 17

strength 18

consistency 17

penalty taking 19

free kicks 16

technique 17

first touch 15

dribbling 13

flair 8

Determination 20

Influence 20

Aggression 17

Bravery 19

injury proneness 10

PPMs should be shoots with power, tries to beat offside trap (?maybe not?), argues with officials

• 2 weeks later...

At Blackburn he was top of the assists as well as the goal charts one season, passing and crossing were excellent, he was fast, very strong. He was the best at the time bar none. Even after he got injured at Newcastle, there was only Henry who was better.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived