Are Srna and Alves the only good right backs?

Ok, so i've been trashing the league to pieces with Man City and i'm half-way through my fifth season in charge. I have a really strong team, but for some reason i can't find any decent right backs other than the two mentioned in the title. Problem is that Srna is at Liverpool who won't sell him to me because we're rivals, and Alves is still at Barca, so i reckon i'll be looking at £40m + for either of them. I currently have Rafinha there, who is good, but not world class. Has anyone got any ideas?

Yeah Santon is quality, Zapata is also another decent right back as well. Depends how much money you have, but as your City I'm guessing it's basically unlimited - 100 million ? Go for the best RB on the game if you can Sergio Ramos.

I agree though, it is pretty tough to find top class full backs in FM09, compared to other positions.

Thanks for the new list - like the look of N'Kolou but he seems like more of a centre back, still worth a look at.

He does well in both positions. He started out for my QPR side as a CB but once I bought Breno and Zapata he moved to Right back and played just as well! Great player, currently have him for my Lyon side too.

guys im in the 4th season with man city, all the players you have mentioned aboive have poor scout ratings.

What im trying to do is build a team with at least 4 satrs too 5 star ratings. The only player with 4 stars is ramos but he will not agree to move. i think fm need to look at this in the future, they need to have more quailty palers in there database. Dont get me wrong there a re a few players with 5 star ratings but they never seem to move clubs

guys im in the 4th season with man city, all the players you have mentioned aboive have poor scout ratings.

What im trying to do is build a team with at least 4 satrs too 5 star ratings. The only player with 4 stars is ramos but he will not agree to move. i think fm need to look at this in the future, they need to have more quailty palers in there database. Dont get me wrong there a re a few players with 5 star ratings but they never seem to move clubs

I completely disagree. If all of the above have bad scout ratings then you need to get new scouts. At least 5 of these are potentially world class.

Why do star ratings matter? Look at stats, personality and form over star ratings.

Archived