NWCM 01/02 clan has finished, be back for CM4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HL7:

I notice that you didn't mention that West Ham beat you (twice) Nuno icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because I usually just like to mention important stuff icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe i got sacked because i let you have Alan Wright! icon_rolleyes.gif but for sure it was fun that you took him...wanna bid on any moe players except rudden? icon_wink.gif

See yall tomorrow!

Middlesbrough squad review:

Top 5 players in my oppinion:

1: Kennedy Bakircioglu

-Was actually signed as a backup player, but when he performed as a sub i started to use him as a regular striker. His average rating of 8.1 in 41 apps tells it all, besides he was my second best scorer with 21 balls hit in the bag icon_smile.gif

2: Alen Boksic

-My topscorer, what more do I have to say icon_biggrin.gif He scored 33 goals this season in 44 apps, plus he averaged 8.32 icon_razz.gif

3: Mark Viduka

-Must say that I was excpecting more goals from this striker, but he created most in my team so he was a very important player in my title run icon_smile.gif He scored 16 but he created as many in 43 apps.

4: Taribo West

-Was a rock in my defense, he along with Ehiegu and Southgate/Lescott were the main reason why we managed to clinch the title. We conceded 5th least goals in the league of which 4 were in the very last meaningless match against Chelsea icon_rolleyes.gif

5: Paul Ince

-The veteran didn't fail this season either, kept the defensive spot in the midfield all season. The only minus to Paul comes because of the fact that he was the player who was carded most times in my team icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif

The 3 worse failioures in my squad:

1: Gareth Southgate

-Was excpecting him to play good but a average rating of 6.95 in 43 apps prooves he had a bad season icon_frown.gif I was forced to keep him on the bench when you Joleon Lescott played great after I had purchased him for a bargain of £275k from Wolves. icon_biggrin.gif

2: Trevor Sinclair

-Purchased for £2.4m, had his good moments but most of them were bad. His flaw was inconsistancy icon_rolleyes.gif (I bet Michael feels good when he reads this icon_wink.gif )

3: Magne Hoseth

-Not sure if I can talk about failing but he wasn't as good as I expected him to be. A average rating of 7.33 in 45 apps wasn't bad from the Norwegian youngster but I am sure he can do better icon_smile.gif

I had a few other players undermining my tactics icon_biggrin.gif but they were such players from whom I didn't expect that much so I won't write it down here. I only had one player whos average rating was beneath 7 so I can't complain. Just take a look at Alex's squad and you'll be lucky to find one who has above 7 in average icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>2: Trevor Sinclair

-Purchased for £2.4m, had his good moments but most of them were bad. His flaw was inconsistancy (I bet Michael feels good when he reads this icon_wink.gif )

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he was a good player I wouldn't have sold him! icon_biggrin.gif

Pre-season was eventful for West Ham. We have signed Augustin Delgado from Southampton on the Bosman to take the pressure off Jermain Defoe. Lubomir Moravcik has come on from Celtic to cover Joe Cole.

Dross like Gary Charles is on his way to Peterbrough on the Bosman. Andrej Panadic will sign from Hamburg to shore up the defence. Dejan Curovic will be brought in as cover. Jose Maria Lacruz will come in from Athletic Bilbao as a replacement right back for the transfer listed Seb Schemmel. Youssef Rossi will be brought in on the Bosman from Dunfermline and will be a regular in defence. Muzzy Izzet and Mark Kennedy will both fit in somewhere too icon_wink.gif

And all this comes to a grand total of £0 icon_smile.gif

However, I did splash some cash on Bobby Petta, he’s a class left wing in my opinion, and will be great for the club icon_smile.gif

Well, it turns out that Panadic didn't get a work permit, and neither did Curovic, but with £17m to spend, I wasn't to upset

Possible targets:

Julius Aghahowa: Been a regular for his national team, so a work permit wouldn't be a problem, its just getting the cash to get his club, Vasco, to part with him.

Pedro Munitis: A great Spanish midfielder, still with Real Madrid. The only thing that puts me off, apart from the £12m fee is his inconsistency.

Pablo Aimar: Very young, very skillful, but his transfer fee would prove too much for West Ham

Denilson: In the same situation as Aimar, a great player but his club want to much.

During the summer we brought in some raw talent to Middlesbrough. I signed Kaluzny to replace Ince, to my disappointment N'Diaye didn't get a WP icon_frown.gif .

I also brought in Trashorras from Barca and Forlan from ManU. Other arrivals were Pele, a french defender and some other that I can't remember now. Oh yeah i signed Hugo Pinheiro as backup for Cudicini icon_biggrin.gif

Out of the squad were Boksic and Schwarzer. Boksic left because he was too old, he earned too much, I needed space for other foreign players + i got £5m for him as he left to the Saints icon_eek.gif . Schwarzer was not needed as i signed Pinheiro so he left fo £3m to Watford

Juan Roman Riquelme is awaiting to be granted a WP, and he'll arrive to Boro for £11m icon_smile.gif

The session was only to become a t & t session and luckily my companion in Div 1, Alex representing Everton didnt show up so i vaccum-cleaned the transfer market icon_razz.gif I hope i havent missed any important players.

The board expects me to get the team a promotion after signing lots of players.

At the beginning i looked for some defenders and an attacking midfielder, boy did i get more!! icon_biggrin.gif

Varga (sunderland) dc free

Betsy (aston v) dr 900k

Hay (leeds) dc 800k

Burns (leeds) amrlc 1.3m

Petterson (kaiser****ern) s free

Bogarde (chelsea) dlc 1.1m

Distin (paris SG) dlc 1.3m

Traore (Liverpool) dlc 600k

Abreu (coruna) s 3.1m

Macken (preston) s 1.3m

Cort (newcastle) f 1.4m

With so many new players i hope i can manage them right but it could take some time fitting into the first team im sure of..

Sorry mates I didn't turn up yesterday - had some problems with my connection. Hope you enjoyed your last session.

FAO. Jonathan - can I have an additional t&t session to look through my squad, whom I managed to sign and etc. Answer please ASAP coz I want to have it before the CL Final today.

.Nothing out of the blue on my pre-season at Fulham. Because I finished first season with my finances on the red, I couldn't make big name signings.

Besides the Bosmans like Chiotis or Moukouko my biggest ( and most expensive ) signing was Jon Dahl Tomasson whom I bought from Feyennord on a £ 5 M deal. For my suprise, this aquisition was greeted with jubilation by the Fulham supporters. icon_smile.gif

I also signed David Livermore from Millwall. I oayed them £ 2.5 M plus £ 1 M after 30 appearances. I needed an all round defensive player and he seems to be a good choice to give some depth to my team, as he plays D/DM LC.

To my disappointment, Lyon's Juninho will not join us cause the bloody Mr.Almighty Powers from the FA didn't granted him a work permit icon_frown.gif .

OTOH, this session was prolific on disposing of some garbage remaining in my squad icon_biggrin.gif : Stolcers was sold to Rushden for £ 2.8 M, Alan Wright went to Stockport for £ 1.9 M icon_eek.gif , Chris Coleman moved to Charlton for £ 1.3 M and the teenager Matthew Collins was sold to Watford for £ 400 K.

Finally, I loaned out Dean Ashton to Forest Green, maybe a season at the Conference can improve his abilities icon_biggrin.gif .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RomaAllTheWay!!!:

Btw you forgot to put in the "new" league table icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll support that with another icon_rolleyes.gif

Now that we've played one full season, I think I can make an update not about the game but about my clan fellas icon_biggrin.gif

ALEX "Let me play on fast speed" VASYLOV - I love Alex because he boosts my ego up icon_biggrin.gif . Never saw a crappier manager in my life icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif One sacking at the Mafia Clan and a relegation at NationsWide Clan surely is enough to tell his capabilities in CM. icon_rolleyes.gif Always complaining about the game speed, he's a good mate though. He's a Russian. icon_smile.gif

SAM "I don't know if I can show up" ALBERMARK - Volatile as my gases icon_biggrin.gif we never know when he's turning up for the sessions or not icon_rolleyes.gif. He's kinda funny, specially when he decided to join Man City just to be able to someday beat ManUtd icon_rolleyes.gif . He's a Swedish. icon_smile.gif

MICHAEL "I'm on the phone now, sorry" GORMLEY - The tactician expert of our clan icon_rolleyes.gif is also known as the multi-task man icon_biggrin.gif . He feels he's a better manager when plays CM and speaks on the phone simultaneously icon_rolleyes.gif .

I like his sense of humour icon_wink.gif . He's a Scot icon_biggrin.gif

JONATHAN "Press continue, please" BÄCKSTRÖM - Jone is our host and the man who handles the editor icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif . He's such a pain in the ass when flooding the mIRC room with his senseless chat icon_biggrin.gif . There are bettings on trying to predict the day when he'll shut up just for five straight minutes icon_biggrin.gif . Always in a hurry, gets on our nerves with that bullshít talk "hey mates, press continue, i'm getting bored" icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif . And I hate him, because no one can win the league on first season with Boro icon_mad.gif . He's a Finnish icon_smile.gif

Next session in about an hour icon_cool.gif

Well i only missed a single session, right? icon_confused.gif

Thought Jone were Swedish and now i hear he's Finnish icon_mad.gif ...now i will battle him heavily cause i sure aint gonna be whipped by a finnair guy! icon_biggrin.gif

see you soon and Nuno I WILL APPEAR THIS SESSION

icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> JONATHAN "Press continue, please" BÄCKSTRÖM - Jone is our host and the man who handles the editor . He's such a pain in the ass when flooding the mIRC room with his senseless chat . There are bettings on trying to predict the day when he'll shut up just for five straight minutes . Always in a hurry, gets on our nerves with that bullshít talk "hey mates, press continue, i'm getting bored" . And I hate him, because no one can win the league on first season with Boro . He's a Finnish

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok Nuno now you pis**ed me off icon_mad.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

I'm going to kick some portuguese a**e tonight icon_wink.gif

Oh btw here is Nuno's and the other guys profiles in my point of view icon_smile.gif

Nuno "I like to ad -ed when I type verbs" Santos

-He is a rubbish manager icon_smile.gif , c'mon finishing 14th with Fulham ain't good :eek . Nuno is cool, we have the same kind of humour and I enjoy playing with him. Although we sometimes have disagreements he is a cool fellow

icon_smile.gif

Michael "I'll win the league" Gormley

-He is very cool too, he always says how good he'll do which is annoying as he stands no chance to my Boro team icon_wink.gif

Alex "could I please have 10 minutes" Vasyov

-Alex is a odd bloke, he is nice but he has weird sense about peoples patience about time icon_biggrin.gif He is a crap manager icon_smile.gif , c'mon what kind of run is 15 without a win icon_redface.gificon_wink.gif

Sam "Spandex" Aldemark

-He is a special bloke, when he says something it's either woohoo or yoyoyoy or lol icon_wink.gif He called we a moose so I don't like him at all anymore icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

we all agreed that you were a snail, not a moose icon_wink.gif

Geesh is my last name so hard to write? icon_mad.gif

Im a supersonic. Give me gin and tonic! icon_cool.gif

Well, that's us just about finished pre-season, and I made a record signing with Emile Mpenza coming in for £19m. I also signed in Nikos Dabizas for a cool £3.4m, with Peter Schmeichel signing on a free.

Unfortunately my only regular English player, Joe Cole has requested a transfer, i'm very disappointed by this as I felt that I had a realistic chance at the title. However, a season in the reserves may do him some good icon_smile.gif

Everyone apart from Alex played a pre-season Friendly, with me beating Arsenal 2-0 in my match, with Mpenza scoring twice, getting a 10 and MOM icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by samster:

Im a supersonic. _Give me gin and tonic!_ icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can have it all, but how much do you want it ? icon_confused.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

We just finished our session. We managed to play just 4-5 matches but was the session.

In EPL mighty Jone has lost all matches he could icon_eek.gif but to his defence he won Charity Shield. Not the best of starts for the CHAMPION icon_wink.gif

On the other hand, Nuno is doing really good. He's performance against Jone's Middlesbrough was excellent. 4-1 says for itself.

In Div 1 my Everton doing extremely good. We won 2 and made 2 draws. Also we won Rushden on the penalties in the first stage of league cup.

I'm on the 5th place with Sam sitting on the 6th.

Now I'm looking forward to winning promotion!

We have now completed the first session of season 2 icon_smile.gif

I can't say I enjoyed it at all, after 3 league games we are dead last after losing them all in an embarrassing manner icon_frown.gif The only positive sides were me signing Riquelme and me beating ManU in the Charity Shiedl 3-2.

Forlan is sh*te, and my defense is cr@p icon_mad.gif This is going to be a loooooooong season for me if things don't improove.

C'mon boys, I'm waiting for some unpleasent comments icon_biggrin.gif I deserve some **** taking no too icon_rolleyes.gif

We just finished our session. We managed to play just 4-5 matches but what was the session.

In EPL mighty Jone has lost all matches he could icon_eek.gif but to his defence he won Charity Shield. Not the best of starts for the CHAMPION icon_wink.gif

On the other hand, Nuno is doing really good. He's performance against Jone's Middlesbrough was excellent. 4-1 says for itself.

In Div 1 my Everton doing extremely good. We won 2 and made 2 draws. Also we won Rushden on the penalties in the first stage of league cup.

I'm on the 5th place with Sam sitting on the 6th.

Now I'm looking forward to winning promotion!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheToffeeman:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

Goma, Saha, Tomasson and Aguinaga icon_biggrin.gif 4 in Boro's bag ! icon_biggrin.gif

You really suck, Jonathan ! Get yourself another hobby, maybe fishing will suit you better icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif ( one tongue out for each goal ) icon_biggrin.gif

What else can i say but this Jone icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

but its a long season though...maybe a mid team this year huh? icon_wink.gif

Both Fulham and West Ham are impressive though but yet again, its a long season. Even longer if you aint pressing that mother ****ing continue button icon_mad.gif

This time im giving the finger to Nuno and Alex you schmucks... icon_razz.gif

However im on 6:th place at the moment. I have met opponents which i expect will battle for the promotion spots so im actually satisfied.

Carl Cort is my man at the moment but with too many attackers it seems to be problems and anxiety among them as well as the defenders. Rudden out for a couple of weeks but with some managerial skill ive sent in Ibrahim Ba to sort that problem out icon_cool.gif

I will meet stonecold Reijka at first phase in Uefa. icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif

Bat her up guys!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by samster:

Well i only missed a single session, right? icon_confused.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, but you are so boring that I couldn't find anything else to describe you icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheToffeeman:

Nuno "_I'll learn how to spell my Russian friend's last name properly_" Santos - he never even tried to learn it, that shows his respect to me icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vaselinov ? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RomaAllTheWay!!!:

Nuno , c'mon finishing 14th with Fulham ain't good :eek .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

11th icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I know, but you are so boring that I couldn't find anything else to describe you

Well im trying to get rid of the timewasters and the bull****.I really dont know how you make that large trout thing and how you make different colours appearing and I dont care.Do press continue! icon_mad.gif

Besides that i love you icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I know, but you are so boring that I couldn't find anything else to describe you

Well im trying to get rid of the timewasters and the bull****.I really dont know how you make that large trout thing and how you make different colours appearing and I dont care.Do press continue! icon_mad.gif

Besides that i love you icon_wink.gif

Well, my West Ham team look pretty solid, after three league games, i've won 2 and lost 1. I beat Tottenham 4-0 away with transfer listed Joe Cole getting a hat-trick, and Frédéric Kanouté hitting one in for good measure. Then I played someone at home (their name eludes me icon_confused.gif) and beat them comfortably 1-0, with Kanouté scoring again, although Mpenza was out of this match, he was injured early on in the Tottenham match the week before, and was out for a month icon_frown.gif

Then I had to play Southampton away, and to lose 2-1 was an embaressment, although, they did outplay me and I can't really complain about the result icon_frown.gif

All in all, a very competent session from my team, and i'm very optimistic about our chances in the league, and i've got a feeling that it'll be between me, Fulham, Man U and Liverpool for the league this year, and hopefully I can get a decent run in the UEFA Cup this year as well icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> All in all, a very competent session from my team, and i'm very optimistic about our chances in the league, and i've got a feeling that it'll be between me, Fulham, Man U and Liverpool for the league this year, and hopefully I can get a decent run in the UEFA Cup this year as well <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, you forgot about my Boro team icon_biggrin.gif I am last at the moment but I promise you I'll win you in the league at least icon_rolleyes.gif

Yesterday's session started the best way I could imagine. A 2-1 win for my side against the arses from Highbury Park who paid a visit to my fully crowded Craven Cottage. Jeffers scored first for them, but on second half Mark Kerr and the debutant Jon Dahl Tomasson scored to my great joy and happiness. After that match there were rumours about Arsene Wenger making his players return home on the tube icon_biggrin.gif .

Of course I had to lose my next match against Sunderland. You know, Fulham winning two games in a row is as rare as Alex buying a decent player icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif .

Then the big clash : Me Vs Jone icon_eek.gif : an embarrassing 4-0 was the result at 80th minute with Jone claiming for mercy on the mirc room. So at 87th minute, I told my players to let one in icon_biggrin.gif

On the transfer market, we signed in three more players to add some depth to our squad: Laurent Blanc, Daniel Slatter and Graham Barrett. Total spending : £0 icon_smile.gif . I couldn't also resist to a bid that Millwall made for Jon Harley : £ 7.5 M is a lot of cash and I have other options for my left side. So I waved goodbye to Harley and started to count the money icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Me Vs Jone : an embarrassing 4-0 was the result at 80th minute with Jone claiming for mercy on the mirc room. So at 87th minute, I told my players to let one in

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you about icon_confused.gif , I never begged for mercy icon_wink.gif

This thread is now added to the officially recognised regular long term games forum header.

Congrats and well done lads icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silverfox:

_This thread is now added to the officially recognised regular long term games forum header.

Congrats and well done lads_ icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Silverfox icon_smile.gif

Archived