NWCM 01/02 clan has finished, be back for CM4

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gormley, you'll have to email me your tactics, because our host ( Jonathan ) is not registered on the boards. As you know, it is against the house rules posting emails, so after you send me your tactics I'll forward them to Jonathan.

At the moment, our clan looks like this :

Nuno Santos - Fulham

Jonathan Backstrom - Middlesboro

Alex Vasylov - Everton

Michael Gormley - West Ham

Ed Gibbons - Blackburn

Sam Albemark - Aston Villa

This may not be the defenitive clan, because like I said before those who won't attend our first t&t session will be definitely kicked out. In that case some of you guys who were not chosen may be invited to join the clan.

Guest swfc_2002

Hi can I join your game please

Name - Jon Sissons

Age - 17

Location - England

Team - Newcastle

Availability - Monday - Thursday 6pm onwards, Sunday all day.

A few more rules for our game that I just remembered:

Changing clubs

Managers can apply for a position at any time at any club they wish. However if they get the boot, they have three months (game time) to apply for jobs at any division. After that they can retire from the game and add a new manager. This new manager must take control of a club from a lower division (i.e., if a manager is sacked on EPL he’ll have to take control of a club from D1 or lower).

mIRC Room

This is indispensable to our game, apart from giving us some nice moments of chat mIRC is an invaluable tool to tell the other players if the game crashed or whatsoever.

Shortly before our first session, the room’s name will be emailed to all managers. None of them should in any case post the room name in this thread. This will prevent intruders coming to our private chat room.

Missing some sessions

We are well aware that probably none of us will be available to every single session, we all have our lives and sometimes life and CM are not compatible.

However, we would highly appreciate that whenever one of the managers can’t turn up for a scheduled session that he informs the game host. This will avoid other people being left waiting for someone who won’t show up. Also informing the host about not turning up is seen as a sign of respect for other players.

Minimum amount of managers

For full enjoyment of the game, playing sessions must have a minimum of 4 players available. It’s pointless having three managers playing and three others on holiday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is all for now. In a few hours I'll be on some nice camping site with my beloved wife icon_biggrin.gif . Therefore, I won't be able to post here anymore shíte until Sunday evening. I'm counting on Toffee to keep this running during my absence in case any more people reply or ask questions/make suggestions.

By Sunday, Jonathan probably should have the database set up and hopefully Toffee will have our webbie almost done.

Monday evening I will post here the date and time of our first session.

Cya icon_biggrin.gif

Can I join??? By Tuesday 30th of April I will have 264 mb, intel pentium 4 processor and broadband internet so I could host if needed too. If I can join i'll be Man Utd, Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Can I join??? By Tuesday 30th of April I will have 264 mb, intel pentium 4 processor and broadband internet so I could host if needed too. If I can join i'll be Man Utd, Thanks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

read the rules please

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

From the website:

And I (Alex) made an effort to create a decent website. Hope you all like it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Decent ??? Feckin amazing, Alex ! Excellent work, that's some piece of work you should be proud of. icon_wink.gif

We are trying to get things going by tomorrow ( Monday ) at 8pm GMT.

Me, Alex, Jonathan and Sam are already confirmed. We are waiting for Ed and Gormley to confirm that they are available. Please mates, reply as soon as you can. Once you all have replied, I'll email you the name of our mIRC room where we should meet around 7.30/7.45pm. The IP number will be given to you all at the mIRC room.

Also a 7th manager have been apointed. Kevin ( aka Cliftonville ) will join us as Ipswich manager.

Hope to see you all there tomorrow and good luck mates.

icon_smile.gif

Also a 7th manager have been apointed. Kevin ( aka Cliftonville ) will join us as Ipswich manager.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kev, first you moaned about not being in our game, then you don't reply to any of the emails I've sent you. This is your last chance to join our game. If you're not there at 8pm , I'm very sorry to say you're out.

I am now the new manager of premiership newboys Blackburn overs. I have taken over an average squad with a fairly large bank balance of 11m. The stadium is a good size and the training facilities are great along with a youth academy. My board expect a mid table finnish but i am expecting better, definately a champions league spot and maybe the title. Cup success would be nice but i doubt it would happen as i will probrably meet Man Utd eventually which is not an easy task.

Goalkeepers:

Brad Friedel - Looks set to be my number 1. He has good stats and has been fairly consistent im most games ive played. Because he is 30 i have brought in Hugo Pinheiro to eventually take his place in the size.

John Filan - He is ok but not first team material. I will be keeping him as a third choice and reserve team keeper.

Allan Kelly - Is currently on loan at Birmingham. He is a bit old for my club as i am building for the future. He is reliable if i need him.

Hugo Pinheiro - I signed him from Marinhense for 10k. He will eventually become one of the best keepers in the world. He will be my sub first season.

Allan Miller - Wont play much this season but will be kept just in case i have alot of injuries.

Defenders:

John Curtis - He is a bright prospect for the future. Will initially be a squad rotational player but may feature heavily towards the end of the season.

Henning Berg - The ex-Man Utd star will be a quality player for me. He is probrably the star of my defense and may captain the side.

Johan Andersson - Signed from Hammarby for 100k. He is fairly consistent when he plays. Will mainly be on the bench.

Darren Morre - Signed from W.B.A for 1.5m. He will develope to be a rock at the back now and in the future. One of the most consistent players i have ever had.

Teddy Lucic - Signed for 300k from AIK. He will be rotated with Curtis. He is a useful player and never minds sitting on the bench. A good profesional.

Dominic Matteo - Cost 2.2m from Leeds. He is very consistent and will enhance the left side of my defense which was very week.

Two others are on their way

Midfielders:

Tugay - The star of my club. He is a great player and leader. He will be a key player in my team and will start every game he is fit from in the dmc role.

Garry Flitcroft - A good professional that will provide cover for Tugay if he ever gets injured.

Alan Mahon - Is currently unhappy that i sold Hakan Unsal. He is a good young player but not great. He will be fighting for the Left Sided centre mid role.

David Dunn - The key attacking player in my midfield. He will play in the play-maker role in the centre of the park. His attributes are very good and will rapidly improve.

Craig Hignett - Will be a bit part player. I am keeping him for his versitility and his good attitude.

Pedro Emmaunel - In a few years this guy will be a Portuguese international. I signed him for 100k from Marinhense. He is probrably one of the best bargains in the game. Can play dmc or as a forward.

Henri Scheweleff - signed for 100k from Finnish club VPS. Becomes a class player. Just ask anyone in my ucmig group.

Justin Walker - Signed from Lincoln for 300k. Some people could say hes a poor man's Mark Kerr as he is a very similar player but not quite as good.

Forwards/Strikers:

Andy Cole - I was delighted to see his name on my squad list when i joined the game. He is a class player and could be top scorer if he gets the right service.

David Collins - Cost 10k from Radcliffe Borough. He is a very consistent player and a great goal poacher. A snip at 10k.

Corrado Grabbi - The guy seems happy and has potential. He will probrably warm the bench most games.

Matt Jansen - A hot prospect. He will play behind the front two. He should make plenty of chances and works well with david Dunn.

Markus Bent - Will play if im desparate but id rather keep him on the bench.

Victor Renner - Cost 20k from Chesham United and will be a good player in the years to come.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic - Probrably the best 16 year old at the start of the game. 1.2m may sound alot for him but it isnt. This guy is class already.

Thants my main players done icon_biggrin.gif There are more to come. This season should be a good contect. Nuno has been bringing in some top youngsters for Fulham who already have a strong squad. I expect him to be my nearest rival. Mr Hat brought Mark Viduka to Boro which is an excellent signing. His squad have a good backbone. He could be near the top come the end if he creates enough chances for Viduka. Samster has been quite erratic in his intertoto cup campaign at Villa. He has had some big wins along with some defeats to weak teams. He has got through every round so i cant bash him. He is the biggest club and probrably has the biggest squad so he will be challenging near the end. Toffeman is finding Everton a tough challenge as he has no money to buy. When he gets his cash injection im sure he will buy quality and be near the top come the end of the season. The West Ham guy did not play for long today so i cant really say alot about his team.

Good luck everyone and see you all thursday icon_biggrin.gif

Ed

btw. victory will be mine!!!!!

Sorry i didnt get the email to 8:30 and i had Mr Figo's game at 9:00pm i would still join it's up to you's i apolgise for missin out

Managerial thoughts of my Aston Villa

Peter Schmeichel is my nr1 goalie choice for this season but i do think ill need a new signing til next year since i reckon Peter Enckelman cant keep it up the goods

Defenders: Barry,T Jönsson,Alpay,Mellberg with Alpay as the weakest spot. Backup or rotation will be Staunton,A Wright and Delaney swopping place with Alpay (mellberg then central). Have a promising defender which i made a bid on, hopefully that will do it in front of the crazy Danish Viking!

Midfielders: Seing Hendrie doing surprisingly well, Boateng being brilliant i still have not yet decided how my lineup will be depending on the newcomers ill get..ill need a backup for Boateng thats for sure, cause Taylor certainly cant seize up.

Merson is at the moment injured. I know i have a small potential in Stone and and Hadji and a big one in Kachloul. Mark Kerr is sad to see gone..sniff

Attackers: Vassell Angel Balaban will be the men ill count on. Dion Dublin has started impressive seing him play as he used to play before..new signing Agbar Barsom will be interesting to follow as well as Kuffour from hearts of Oaks which Rad tried to snatch icon_biggrin.gif ....thats a proof hes good... hopefully hes wp will succeed.

My intertoto matches was a bit confusing losing out to Dundee(a) in first round

2-0..all i can say that my team was on 4-4-2 tactics and laid low cause their heartbeates was on average 72 %....at home it was a convincing 5-0 win

icon_cool.gif

second round wasnt very well played either. 2-1 in favour to Neftochimik(a) icon_confused.gif

at home incredible 8-1 and the board were absolutely delighted icon_rolleyes.gif

All i can say is that ill have to make it til next session even though ill have to babysit that day..Someone told me that vodka would do it icon_wink.gif

Facing IFK Gothenburg in the final round- although its jus the qualification i take this DEADsearious! First though ill have to take on Chelsea away.

See ya lads!

First session

Mohammed Al Fayed called me to his office and said :

"Nuno, we need fresh blood on Fulham, so I'd like to hire you as our manager. Early this morning I showed Jean Tigana the exit door and I think you would be the ideal replacement. Are you interested ?"

I replied :

"Well, Mr. Fayed, it would be a pleasure. How much do I have to spend ? "

"Eleven million, is that enough ? "

"I think so, I can build a dream team with less than that, I think it's fair enough ! What are your expectations ?"

"A decent league position this season, and by decent I MEAN EUROPE. Then the title next season."

"Ok, I accept."

"So you are now officialy appointed as the new Fulham manager. Now it's time to work and put that lazy arses looking like a football team"

This is how started my new challenge. It's the first time I manage Fulham, so I think I'll need a few more weeks to fully know my squad. Anyway here are my first impressions:

Goalkeepers

EDWIN V.D.SAR - Well known keeper, though a bit old. I think he can make it for the next 2 seasons minimum.

MAIK TAYLOR - Not too good not too bad, I think. Will be my 2nd keeper this season.

ANTONIS VOULGARIS - A very good youngster who will probably be my first keeper when Van der Sar retires. Just bought him from Apollon for 950k.

MARK HANNEMAN - Transfer listed.Useless.

GLYN THOMPSON - Can be a good back up in the future. Loaned him to Wrexham to gain first team experience.

Defenders

STEVE FINNAN,ABDESLAM OUADDOU,ALAN GOMA,JON HARLEY - Probably my first choice for the back four, but only time will tell.

CHRIS COLEMAN,KIT SYMONS,ANDY MELVILLE - Probably back ups. Reliable ones, may have first team football if some of the four above doesn't show what I expect from them.

MIKE DUFF,SIMON DOWNER - Good prospects for the future, they'll have some chances at first team eventually. Signed Duff from Cheltenham ( 600k ) and Downer from Leyton Orient ( 300k ).

TOM COWAN - Experienced left back, signed him from Cambridge for just 12k, he's 31 yr old and may be very useful in case of injuries or bans.

RUFUS BREVETT - Transfer listed.Useless.

Midfielders

JOHN COLLINS - Indispensable to the squad. He will be our captain. His career speaks for himself.

SILVAYN LEGWINSKI,STEED MALBRANQUE,SEAN DAVIS,LEE CLARK - Very good players, these ones guarantee me a balanced midfield. Quality is the key word.

MARK KERR - My big signing. Rad tried to buy him but I got him first. icon_razz.gif .2.1M is peanuts for what he can achieve in the near future.

KEVIN BETSY,BJORN GOLDBAEK, ANDERS STOLJCERS,BOA MORTE - Will warm the bench. Might be useful in case of injuries. But I'm open to offers... icon_biggrin.gif

Attackers

LOUIS SAHA,STEVE MARLET - The mighty french duo are definitely my first choices. I trust them to terrorize the opposite defences. icon_biggrin.gif

BOBBY ZAMORA,HENRY ANTCHOUET - These two will soon be key players in my team. Bobby came from Brighton for a million and Antchouet came from Leixões for only 100k.

BARRY HAYLES, CALUM WILLOCK - They won't get many chances. I hope someone bids for Hayles, he can easily boost my bank account.

So, after a couple of weeks I bought 7 players for 5M and sold 4 for 1.7M. The useless guys I sold were :

Eddie Lewis to Preston ( 1M )

Paul Trollope to Torquay ( 250k )

Elvis Hammond to Motherwell ( 230k )

Zatyah Knight to Shrewsbury ( 180K )

Now on next thursday I will start the league at Old Trafford. icon_eek.gif .Not bad for a start... icon_biggrin.gif A draw would be good... icon_biggrin.gif

C'MON FULHAM !!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I forgot to mention the consecutive crashes on my game tonight. As we approached the end of the session I finally noticed that my anti-virus was enabled the whole game... icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Well, unfortunately, I was only just getting into the session when I had to leave. However, I had a good look around the squad, and here's what I thought:

Goalkeepers

David James: Decent keeper with excellent reactions, currently ouyt for 3 months injured, but is definately in my thoughts when he returns from injury.

Shaka Hislop: Very good all-round keeper, and even if James were fit, I think he would win the number one slot.

Defenders

Vladimir Labant: Gifted left back, and is likely to be a regular in my back four, he's pacey which will be excellent for htose darting runs down the wing.

Scott Minto: Below average left back, likely to be listed in the coming weeks.

Nigel Winterburn: Is he past it? You better believe it! Back-up at best.

Sebastian Schemmel: Average right back, he'll be lucky if his appearances make double figures for the season.

Steve Potts: Decent right back, although he's in the same boat as Schemmel.

Tomas Repka: Can play at both right back and in the centre, is in my thoughts for a place in the centre, however he would be a liability in the wing back role.

Ian Pearce: Can also play at right back and centre back, but is mainly suited to playing in the centre, is a guarenteed regular and a rock which I plan to build the team around.

Christian Dailly: Decent centre back and average defensive midfielder, will partner Pearce in the centre until i've got the cash to buy a good replacement.

Midfielders

Joe Cole: A potential great, can play on the wing or in the hole behind the strikers. He excels in both of his positions and is a definate starter in the central role for me.

Laurent Courtois: An excellent prospect for the futire, he may be a bit rough round the edges, but with high skill in pace, dribbling, crossing and flair, he could be the best left winger to wear a West Ham shirt.

Titi Camara: A last twenty minute type of player, he will come on if i'm desperate for a goal. Can play left, right and centre, and his versatility may prove invaluable.

Trevor Sinclair: Good right winger, will be used sparingly however, as i've got a much better player in;

Paolo Di Canio: A truely world class player, I expect all of West Hams great things will come through him, can play on the right or in the centre, can also be used as a striker.

Michael Carrick: A gifted young defensive midfielder, already earned an England cap at the age of 19, a definate starter in one of the two dfensive midfield positions.

John Moncur: An ageing Englishmen, decent passing ability but not much else, at 34 years of age, he will find himself as back up and nothing more.

Don Hutchison: Scotland international, undecided about how much he will contribute this season, he can score goals from midfield, but so can Joe Cole, and he can cause problems up front, but so can Defoe. A real dilema this one.

Paul Kitson: Backup, he can play in the hole or up front, doesn't particularly excel in either, will be listed shortly.

Frédéric Kanouté: My star player, however, he is only known for his exploits up front, I have decided to use him as my left winger which is where I feel he will be most effective.

Attackers

Jermaine Defoe: My only out and out striker, so with one candidate, there is only one choice icon_biggrin.gif

I have 4.4 million to spend, and four or five players i'm interested in, I'll post more as I sign players icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry i didnt get the email to 8:30 and i had Mr Figo's game at 9:00pm i would still join it's up to you's i apolgise for missin out <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you think his game is more important maybe you shouldnt be playing icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Cliftonville:

Sorry i didnt get the email to 8:30 and i had Mr Figo's game at 9:00pm i would still join it's up to you's i apolgise for missin out

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Missing some sessions

we would highly appreciate that whenever one of the managers can’t turn up for a scheduled session that he informs the game host. This will avoid other people being left waiting for someone who won’t show up. Also informing the host about not turning up is seen as a sign of respect for other players.

As usual on network games, there will be a t&t ( tactics and training ) session on the first day of the season. If any of the managers who agreed to play at that given time doesn't turn up to this first session, he will be immediatly replaced by another person.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jonathan's Update

I'm playing as Middlesbrough, and the board expectations was to attain a respectable league position.

My goals are way higher than that though, I expect my team to challenge for

a CL spot. To succeed in this goal I splashed out £8m for Mark Viduka,

which I thought was well worth it. After this I had to sell some players

too afford to buy some more players, I sold 7 players for a total income of

£5m.

I also managed to sign Taribo West and Bojan Djordjic on free, Bojan

will probably get some matches whereas West will be a regular starter in my

first 11.

I thought I had to strengten my midfield a bit so I signed Magne Hoseth

for £1.8m, he'll feature heavily in my run for a CL spot.

Looking through my squad I realized it was quite good, especially the

defense which is one of the best in the league without doubt. I also

have a classy DMC in Paul Ince,

it's a bi**h he is so old. Other players that will be important are Alen

Boksic, who is a great goal-scorer who I will pair up with Viduka so 'I

should have no problems scoring goals.

My starting eleven will be like this:

GK: Mark Schwarzer (A solid GK, although I will be looking for a

replacement

a.s.a.p)

DC: Ugo Ehiegu (A rock solid defender, will probably never get rid of

him)

DC: Taribo West (My best defender, what more do I have to say?)

DC: Gareth Southgate (Another solid defender, could be up for sale after

season one though)

DMC:Paul Ince (One of the best DMC in the first season, he'll be too old

in season 2 though)

MC: Noel Whelan (Underrated by most managers, I on the other hand think

he is great)

MC: Magne Hoseth (A very promising Norwegian midfielder, I'll be looking

forward seeing him in action)

MC: Allan Johnston (My weakest link in the midfield, he is quite good though)

ST: not sure who I'll play as my third striker, looking to sign someone

at some point

ST: Alen Boksic (A great striker, will sell him after first season after

aall he is 31)

ST: Mark Viduka (My most important signing, he'll probably leave the

club in the summer because of his minmum-fee release clause. Which is

quite annoying as I'd like to keep the Aussie. )

icon_biggrin.gif

First session report

After meeting with the board of directors and straight after my first training session I realized that the main aim for the season is to stay clear of the relegation. What made things worse is the club budget which is £20M in red. Next time I saw Bill Kenwright (the chairman) he told me that form this time on I'm not allowed to to reject any offer for our players. This is the squad of players I'll have to cope with:

Goalkeepers

Paul Gerrard - first team keeper. He will keep the shirt No.1 because there is no money to spend on a more reliable goalkeeper.

Steve Simonsen - he is not good enough to stay in the team but for the reason I mentioned above he will stay as the 2nd choice goalie.

Defenders

Alan Stubbs - very good central defender with good heading. He is very dangerous at set pieces.

David Weir - he is indispensible for the team. Forms a very good pair alongside Stubbs. Very reliable defender.

Alessandro Pistone - very sticky defender. He is certainly to own left-hand side. Will be asked to make runs along his flank.

Gary Naysmith - backup for Pistone. Very pacey defender, young but have already played for Scotland.

Steve Watson - very experienced defender, great teamwork player. He'll be dangerous when doing runs on the right-hand side.

David Unsworth - his big merit is universality. He can cover 4 positions. I consider him one of the best bench player.

Tony Hibbert - hot prospect right-hand side defender. He is our second choice right wingback. Very great future lies ahead of him.

Peter Clarke - very promising youngster. Already a star in England U-21. In 1-2 years he will become first team player and regular central defender for England.

Alec Cleland - transfer-listed. Sorry to see him go but it's meaningless to keep him as our 3rd choice right wingback.

Midfielders

Jesper Blomqvist and Niclas Alexandersson - these two attack-minded Swedish midfielders are the perfect players to occupy both of the flanks. I expect from them decent runs and crosses.

David Ginola - he is 34 yr old meaning that this season will be his last season for the team. I see him the perfect backup for Blomqvist.

Lee Carsley - his perfect position is DMC but when needed can cover right-hand side midfield position replacing their Alexandersson.

Tobias Linderoth and Thomas Gravesen - they will surely take 2 central midfield places. These great Scandinavians are both hard tackling players. They are lacking of creativity.

Scot Gemmill and Mark Pembridge - will be fighting for a replacement for my 2 central midfield stars. Both regular in their International teams, Scotland and Wales respectively.

Idan Tal - transfer-listed. He has no chance to play first team football behind Blomqvist and Ginola.

Kevin McLeod - very hot prospect for the future. Our next attacking left midfielder.

Attackers

Duncan Ferguson - an idol amongst all the Evertonians. Indispensible for the team. Very big striker he wins everything in the air. What worries me is his stamina.

Kevin Campbell - very experienced striker. Good partner for Ferguson. He is very strong in the air as well.

Tomasz Radzinski and Joe Max Moore - light forwards, very pacey. They can easily break offside traps. Unfortunately, Radzinski is already injured for 2 months.

Nick Chadwick - one of the best young strikers in UK. He will for sure get his chances this year to show his abilities.

guys i have left the game because my ucmig is interfering too much with playing times e.g. todat i missed most of the preseason. also i am not enjoying playing at that speed

thanks for letting me play and sorry if i let you down

ed

I don't bear any grudges Rad icon_smile.gif

anyway, an update is needed, so here goes:

Well, in the pre-season I added figures such as Byron Bubb, Robert Tomaschek, Robert Lee, Phil Stamp and Kamouna to the squad.

Byron Bubb – Signed on a free, raw potential.

Robert Tomaschek – Record signing, cost £1.2m. Will be deployed alongside the inexperienced Carrick in the defensive midfield

Robert Lee – Signed as cover for the defensive midfield duo, can also play on the right if Di Canio gets injured.

Phil Stamp – Signed as a playmaker, will get opportunities as the injuries begin to occur, hopefully get us a few goals as well as the assists I expect off him.

Kamouna – Signed to fill that troublesome right back role, will provide a lot of pace on the wing and is excellent in the tackle.

The opening match of the season came against Sunderland, and I was in high hopes of my teams chances.

The starting line up looked like this:

GK: Hislop

DL: Labant

DR: Schemmel

DC: Song

DC: Pearce

DMC: Carrick

DMC: Tomaschek

ML/FL: Kanouté

MR/FR: Di Canio

MC/AMC: Joe Cole

FC: Hutchison

The game opened in drab fashion, with both teams being a little shot shy, then in an action deprived first half, Joe Cole popped up to give West Ham the lead, 1-0.

Five minutes into the second half and it was 1-1, Kevin Phillips netting. In the 56th minute Laslandes made it 2-1 to Sunderland and I was getting a little aprehensive. 2 minutes later, Don Hutchison saved my skin with a great equaliser.

Then, with seven minutes to go, french wonder player Frédéric Kanouté rammed in the third, 3-2!

However, the victory was soured when Kanouté picked up an injury two minutes from time, ruling him out for a month.

Full Time: 3-2 win

This match was followed with an undeserved 2-1 defeat at home to Chelsea. Hasselbaink got a double, as the impressive Cole pulled back a consolation.

Full Time: 2-1 loss

We were away to Bolton.

The line up was:

GK: Hislop

DL: Labant

DR: Schemmel

DC: Song

DC: Pearce

DMC: Carrick

DMC: Tomaschek

ML/FL: Camara

MR/FR: Di Canio

MC/AMC: Joe Cole

FC: Kitson

This wasn’t an occasion to remember, Bolton were playing damage limitation tactics, so it came as a surprise when Rod Wallace struck the opener one minute after half time. However, my main star, Joe Cole was again to be the Hammers saviour, with an excellent solo effort in the 62nd minute.

Full Time: 1-1 draw

Leicester at filbert street was to prove difficult for my team, but debutant Phil Stamp (in the team in place of injury victim Cole) However, a double strike from Scowcroft left me 2-1 down until the 88th minute when Di Canio netted the equaliser.

Full Time: 2-2 draw

An easy League Cup tie against Hull got my team their second victory of the season, Defoe struck two, Di Canio with one, and Phil Stamp added his second in successive games to get West Hams four goals, Hulls’ consolation came in the 49th minute, when Lawrie Dudfield struck for the lower league outfit.

Full Time: 4-1 win

more to come...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Radoslaw_Kaluzny:

guys i have left the game because my ucmig is interfering too much with playing times e.g. todat i missed most of the preseason. also i am not enjoying playing at that speed

ed

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should know that before you asked us to join our game. And you agreed to play fast against human managers (Read Clan Rules ),so I don't know why you are complaining about game speed.

Good luck to your ucmig game-

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Commentary Speed

In order to speed things up, all managers must play with very fast commentary. Exceptions will be:

* Cups finals or semi-finals

* Games between two of the members ( eg Me vs. Toffee )

In the cases mentioned above people may play on fast speed, if they wish.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

from the site

i didnt wish to and i was forced to

anyway i dont want to get into an arguement

good luck with the game guys

quote:from Cliftonville

------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you think his game is more important maybe you shouldnt be playing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Radoslaw_Kaluzny:

ed

I think the word "pot", "kettle" and "black" are the most appropriate words to use in these circumstances icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr Figo:

quote:from Cliftonville

if you think his game is more important maybe you shouldnt be playing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Radoslaw_Kaluzny:

ed

_I think the word "pot", "kettle" and "black" are the most appropriate words to use in these circumstances_ icon_rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a difference, Rad replied to the e-mails, he also made every effort to take part, unfortunately he couldn't manage to juggle the two games and had to let the least important of his commitments slip, which to our detriment, was NWCM.

Back to the subject...

Jonathan's Update

I started the session with buying a couple of players, in came:

Taribo West on free icon_razz.gif

Trevor Sinclair frow Michael's West Ham for a bargain of £2.4m icon_eek.gif

Tommy Smith from Watford for a £2.1m because of his minimum-fee release

clause

My first game was against Bolton at Reebok Stadium, it ended in a lousy 2-2

draw and I was quite icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif .It was only my first game of th eseason so I

couldn't be too disappointed though, I was excpecting better results in the

forthcoming matches icon_rolleyes.gif

My next match was against Rad's Blackburn, we didn't dominate the game but

we still ran out easy 3-0 winners icon_biggrin.gif After this game followed to great away

wins, one at White Hart Lane against Spurs and one at the Valley against

Charlton.

After theese games I signed Kennedy Bakircioglu for £325k, he was going to

be backup only though. Inspired by the arrival of Bakircioglu we were to

meet the Saints at home. The Saints took th eearly lead and I was really sad icon_frown.gif we equalized the game before halftme though. At the beginning of the

second half we took the lead, and until th every last minute it looked as if

it would be the final score as Southampton scored a late goal to equalize

the game icon_confused.gif

After 4 games we are 4th in the league, although ManU have one game to their

favour so they'll probably pass us icon_frown.gif I'm really happy about the

performance of my team, it could be better but still. The game itself is

quite fun, I think we should speed it up a bit though, as I'm starting to

think it takes too long to complete a couple of games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chop Suey:

hi guys,

i was wondering when do u guys play, and how often??

thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Chop,

Actually we didn't played enough sessions to say that we have a calendar icon_biggrin.gif .

So far , we played last Monday at 8pm, Thursday 8pm and our next session is scheduled for next Sunday at 2pm. All times GMT.

Btw, I love to eat you when I go to a Chinese restaurant icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Second Session

It was a bit odd our last session. We had a player who got late for the session and slowed down the game because he missed the pre-season and started to buy tons of players while others were impacient to play their matches and go a bit further in the season. After a while he quited because of "game speed"... icon_rolleyes.gif

Just before the league start my Fulham team signed a few more players that hopefully would fulfill our supporters expectations for the season:

FLORIN BATRINU - Experienced Romanian DC who got his work permit to join our squad. I see him as a key member of our defence. He's also a brilliant free-kick taker, he'll probably score some goals on set pieces. Signed him for free.

ALEX AGUINAGA - That's me signing another veteran icon_redface.gif 33 yr old but very classy, plays as AMC and hopefully will be my playmaker on 1st season. 650k from Necaxa.

IBRAHIM SAID - He came from Al-Ahly for 1.3M and should shut up my mates opinion that I only buy old crap icon_biggrin.gif . Actually I felt there was envy floating around the room when I signed this DC/DMC icon_razz.gif .Will sit on the bench for now. icon_biggrin.gif

ALAN WRIGHT - Came in an exchange deal I made with Samster. I gave him Betsy who was not in my plans and he gave me Wright. Good DL, in my opinion.

The season started at Old Trafford, but unfortunately I missed the plain... icon_redface.gif So my assistant was managing our team against the Reds and we lost 1-3 icon_mad.gif I almost sacked him but what the hell... icon_biggrin.gif .Then my next match was vs Leicester at home, there was glory and tragedy on the field : the newbies Aguinaga and Batrinu scored for our only win in 5 league games but our mighty captain John Collins picked up an injury and will be out for the next 3 months. icon_mad.gif

Maybe because of Collins injury, our team completely fell apart and 3 straight losses pushed us down to the bottom of the table :2-4 at The Dell ( I had 2 disallowed goals icon_eek.gif ) with Aguinaga and Marlet scoring, 1-5 icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif at home vs Leeds and finally 2-3 at Newvastle . I finished the session playing home with Brighton for League Cup and my reserves and back ups did it easily three - nil with Bobby Zamora scoring twice on his debut icon_razz.gif .

Now I'm 18th on the League, but hopefully I will get over it. Just wait and see... icon_wink.gif

Archived