NWCM 01/02 clan has finished, be back for CM4

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see your game still is running guys! I pressume the pompeys is way outta contention huh icon_wink.gif ... well i had to get back on track with my studies so i threw the pc away literally icon_rolleyes.gif .... but know i couldnt resist getting a new one icon_biggrin.gif.. ummhmmm icon_razz.gif cheers anyway!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whitehart:

Ok as our first real session of the season is close I will put up my predictions, and as you all know I can be very accurate icon_wink.gif

1st _Kev_-This kid is amazing, winning the prem and the cl without loads of top players last year. This year though he has some real class like Dyer and Vieri, so I predict he will win the premier again.

2nd _Mackem_-Mackem had a great season last year by qualifying for the cl and he really seems to do well against human managers, which shows just what a tactical genious he is. He should get into the cl and I also predict that he could do well in the cup competitions. Mackem is the biggest threat to Kev this year.

3rd _Jone_- I have heard that Jone has a new tactic, apparently he was impressed with my tactic and has decided to mirror this new one on my tactic icon_wink.gif

Because of this im sure he will do well, finishing just behind Mackem and Kev.

4th _Nuno_- After a disapointing season last year, failing to qualify for Europe, he can now concentrate on the premier and because of this i feel he will get into the cl. He also appears to be using an old tactic of his which is very sucessful so this could help him too.

6th _Me_- I predict the best season yet at Sheffield this season, with a solid defence now and a decent keeper, conceding goals should not be a problem. With Carrick back after a long injury he will also add some strength to my team.

7th _Argie_- A poor finish to last year doesnt bode too well for Argie, so he may find it difficult to improve on last years performance. however I hear he is going to try a different tactic so this could help him cause a few surprises this year.

9th _Hl7_- With Hl7 missing the start of the season due to a holiday, he could under preform a little, and miss out on the few signings he needs to improve on last year, because of this i feel he will have to settle for mid table mediocraty.

FA Cup _Mackem_- I believe that with Mackems great record against human managers he could just take this cup back to wearside.

League Cup _Me_- With me not being in europe I will concentrate hard on these domestic cups, so I feel that I could just take this cup, although it will be tough.

Champions League _Mackem_- This may be a surprise to some people but I feel that Sunderland will only get better this year and Mackem has the beating of Kev when they meet. I wouldn't bet against a Kev Mackem final.

Good luck everyone and go easy on Sheffield Wednesday will ya icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW! am I bloody good at predictions or what

Just thought I do a little post to remind you of my great predictions for this season. Amazingly I predicted 5 out of the 6 club managers left in the game at the end of the season with their exact positons after the final game of the season. If this wasn't enough I also predicted Mackem for the champions League icon_smile.gif

Ok Here are the Clubs I predicted correctly, with their positions:

1st WBA

2nd Sunderland

4th Fulham

6th Sheffield Wednesday

7th Blackburn

The only one I got wrong was Aston Villa, who I predicted 9th, but only got 11th.

Having found out that I have this amazing skill, I will get to work on the predictions for next season, I know you can't wait icon_wink.gif

Oh and Nuno, the only reason I let you grap my CL spot on the last game of the season was so that I got my prediction right icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

I don't give a rat arse about your predictions for next season, I just want to know what's the lottery number for the next weekend. :-/

My predictions for next season:

Nuno: 5th; I believe Nuno will underacheive this season as he is going to bring in too many new faces and it just won't work for him.

John: 3rd; His Wednesday team are going from strength to strength, and I think they can only get stronger. A 3rd position is definately not beyond them this season.

Kev: 2nd; West Brom have had their time at the top, they're not as strong as they were 2 years ago under Kev, and this is the start of their decline.

Steve: 1st; The surprise package of last season are on the way up, and couple that with Steve's sound tactical ability, Sunderland are gonna be at the top for some time.

Stewy: 6th; He missed all of last season I think, and we still don't know where he is icon_biggrin.gif I think that if he comes back in time for the new season and strengthens his squad, then he will get a nice 6th position.

James: ?; While I think he's a good manager, you just never know what you're gonna get from his team. In saying that though, I do think he'll struggle this year.

Me: 4th; This'll probably have everyone in stitches, but i've got a team that have played together for years, I have a few million in the bank and the full support of my chairman. The players love me and i've got a few world class signing targets up my sleeve. If this year isn't my year then i'll never have a good year icon_biggrin.gif

MY PREDICTIONS

Kev : Kev will be favourite again i think this season. I just hope we can push him a bit closer this time icon_wink.gif

Nuno : Nuno must be able to construct a team out of all the players he has signed however he could be too busy changing nappies to keep his eye on the ball icon_biggrin.gif

John : This will be Johns best season with him pushing for the title. How spooky are his predictions BTW?

Mike : I seriously think mike will be up there too as, just like he says, his team have been together a long time. The only thing that will hinder him

will be how many sessions he will miss as IMO thats what let him down last season icon_wink.gif BTW Mike thanks for your prediction icon_biggrin.gif

James : Who knows? icon_razz.gif Haven`t seen enough of him to make a judgement

Me : Same as last season would be great. Depends if i can get the couple of players i`m after. I`m hoping to be involved in the title race and reach the knockout stages of the CL and i`l be happy icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway see you all thursday icon_cool.gif

Thanks Mackem and HL7 for your kind predictions, I just hope I can live up to your expectations icon_smile.gif

I think im gonna try a new tactic for this season, so I hope it works ok. I was sick and tired of playing like arsenal icon_smile.gif

DAILY LEWISIO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Southampton today shocked the nation when they sacked manager Gordon Strachan and appointed new manager Christopher Lewis,. After Lengthy Discussions it was decided that lewis shall have a 1 week trial given by chairman Nuno Santos with a view to a 3 million pounds 5 year deal. Lewis Was Given 11 million to spend by the chairman for which he is grateful for and stated that its about time Southampton got to where they belong which is a place in Europe but stressed that this will not be done in 1 season it will take a few seasons to build the squad into a championship winning side.

Transfers in

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None as of yet

Future Transfers

30.05.06 Dianbobo Balde To Liverpool 6 Million

08.06.06 Mark Lynch to Barnsley Bosman

09.06.06 Andy Johnson to Celtic Bosman

Expectations

1. Top 10 Finsih

2. Semis Of Fa Cup

3. Finals Of League Cup

icon_smile.gif

Thought I'd update the clan standings before it goes out of control: icon_biggrin.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Real Name User Name Team Points

Kevin Bahamasomething (kevbest) - WBA 470

Steven Lawson (MACKEM) - Sunderland 230

Nuno Santos (Nuno Santos) - Fulham 205

Jonathan Backstorm (AS Roma) - ... 190

John Burbidge (whitehart) - Sheff Wed 75

Michael Gormley (HL7) - Aston Villa 40

Craig Stewart (argie_wizard) - Blackburn 0</pre>

Dont mean to ruin thread lol but im a member now and i have priviliges and if you dont give me them ill tell my dad icon_smile.gif

but on a more serious note ill add myself into the predicitions bit so here gos with the right players i dont see why i shouldnt finish anywhere from 5th to 10th pending my goalkeeper dosent do a barthez and let in floods of goals and i have decent defense and someone to partner hartson all is possible ,may even win summat icon_smile.gif

look just cos i dont have mohammed al fayed as a chairman because im stuck with a stingy get like you as a chairman dosent mean my clubs a ****hole with a bit of work and a hell of a lotta money i can turn the club round put it this way if i do i want a public apology on the thrad from u ok lol icon_biggrin.gificon_mad.gificon_smile.gif

ps with all the money that al fayed gives fulham u still only finished 3rd or even 4th was it hmm 20 odd points behind icon_smile.gif

Just look at those points icon_cool.gif i feel good after looking at the points table thanx for that Nuno icon_wink.gif and i would just like to say i may not be attending tonights session as i have a semi final at football icon_smile.gif i may be able to come later on and i need 2 because i have some players asses to kick because they all went downhill fast last season icon_frown.gif

Lets post that points on every new page Nuno icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Cheers

Kev icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris101:

Dont mean to ruin thread lol but im a member now and i have priviliges and if you dont give me them ill tell my dad icon_smile.gif

but on a more serious note ill add myself into the predicitions bit so here gos with the right players i dont see why i shouldnt finish anywhere from 5th to 10th pending my goalkeeper dosent do a barthez and let in floods of goals and i have decent defense and someone to partner hartson all is possible ,may even win summat icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didnt you get thrown out of EMA chris for swearing at a Woman icon_eek.gif well that is what i have been told hope you can tell me what happend as it sounds quite funny icon_cool.gif

I am BACK

Ready to take Blackburn to the promised land, i think

England is bloody freezing, and who are all the new-comers? i couldnt be arséd with reading all the sodding thread, sorry about my absence but the lure of sangria proved to be too much, also i have been job hunting, with success.

Are we playing tonight?

cya

Stewy

chris, you upset me about your comments on the Falklands War, you shal not get a greeting from me icon_razz.gif ok ok...welcome to the most drivel talking, shít stirring, non-continue pressing Clan in the World its not all bad though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris101:

have done nuno icon_smile.gif dont i get a welcome from the rest of the clan they are so cold towards me lol

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PISH OFF icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevbest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nuno Santos:

<----------------- He's finally born. icon_smile.gif

And today I'm the happiest man on Earth ! icon_smile.gif

thanks for your good wishes mates, I love you all. icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations Nuno i wish you and your young one a happy and healthy life icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OH i know its late but, Congratulations Nuno, and Mrs Nuno and lil Baby Nuno, maybe you should let little Ricardo have a go of CM, teach him whilst he is young. Guarenteed to be better than his father!

hey argie u are looking at THE KING OF DRIVEL lol 1 im funny and 2 like a laugh so nobody should have any problems with me icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Funny? You? very modest mate

2. Like a Laugh? your in the wrong clan mate icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nuno Santos:

Thanks argie, and welcome back, this wasn't the same without your silly posts. icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awwww, cheers Nuno mate, i can see you really missed me!

Welcome to NWCM Chris

Hi there, always good to have a new member, maybe you are finally the man to outwit me, something which my fellow clan mates have found very hard to do icon_wink.gif

Nuno, I have not recieved an email icon_confused.gif

Argie is back and guess what happens: 3 crashes in a session. icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gificon_mad.gificon_rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very harsh Nuno, the crashes had sweet FA to do with me. As i believe one was Whiteharts 'puter disconnecting, one was Kev's and the last one was a crash at YOUR end of the network game.

'Nuff Said

icon_razz.gif

chris: We normally play on Mondays and Thursdays from 8pm onwards. We only really do other sessions if everyone can make it, and unfortunately i'll be out tonight, tomorrow and most of Sunday afternoon/early evening. So unless a session was to be arranged for Sunday, 8pm onwards, I wouldn't be able to make it icon_frown.gif

On top of that, did my Villa team make any more signings other than Maloney, Lauchlan and Toni? Also, did we play any Intertoto games? icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by whitehart:

_

maybe you are finally the man to outwit me, something which my fellow clan mates have found very hard to do icon_wink.gif

John are you kidding or what. A three-toed tree sloth could outwit you! icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Can i remind you about when you thought the young chinese lad signing for Spurs was called Sum Yung Boi!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif You spanner LMFAO

See ya monday icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MACKEM:

Mike you went through 4-2 on agg in the first round of the intertoto ok mate?

Steve icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Steve icon_cool.gif

hehehe Sum Yung Boi icon_biggrin.gif

W.B.A. Pre season update

busy session trying to buy and sell with John making my transfers take a while but we still managed to steal 1 or 2 talents icon_smile.gif

Transfers In

Name From Amount

Alan Smith Leeds Bos

Regillio Verde Ajax Bos

Stefan Selakovic PSV £3.2

Oliver Dacourt Leeds Bos

Isaak Okoronkwo Club Brugge £8m

</pre>

happy with the players i have brought in since most of them didnt cost a thing

Transfers Out

Name To Amount

Eidur Gudjohnsen Celtic £18m

Stillian Petrov Celtic £20m

Darren Eadie Arsenal £4.1m

</pre>

Got some money to spend on some Real talent for next season providing John doesnt get in the way icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif JOKE icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by argie_wizard:

Argie is back and guess what happens: 3 crashes in a session. icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gificon_mad.gificon_rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very harsh Nuno, the crashes had sweet FA to do with me. As i believe one was Whiteharts 'puter disconnecting, one was Kev's and the last one was a crash at YOUR end of the network game.

'Nuff Said

icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmmm, Argie stop trying to shift the blame icon_wink.gif , as you well know I didn't crash the game I just froze it. My connection is bloody reliable, and I put all the blame on you hehe icon_smile.gif

As for you Mackem, you obviously dont get sarcasm up in the north, although it does appear that I have been able to outwit you, you seem to have a good record against all the other human managers, but when it comes to real class like myself your team is usually embarrased icon_wink.gif

Do I have to remind you of your usual excuse "Cudicini is unbeatable" hehe icon_wink.gif

Oh and Robbie Keane to Spurs, I think a few of you need to eat humble pie icon_smile.gif

Countdown to the start of NWCM

As the first matches of the new season loom ever closer, I have tried to put my amazing prediction skills to the test again. After studying each club for hours apon end, and taking into account the managerial skills, or lack of them, I have come up with this icon_smile.gif

1st Mackem It was tough for me to choose between Kev and Mackem, but I went for Mackem as he had an excellent end to last season in the Premier League, and took the CL trophy to Sundeland. Add to this the added hunger of the Sunderland players and manager, I feel this could be the year that Mackem takes over as king of NWCM icon_wink.gif

2nd Kev Kev in my opinion still has the best team of all of us in NWCM, but an inconsistant run at the end of last season has lead me to believe he will have to hand over his Premiership crown to the boy up north.

4th Me With my squad stronger than last year, and a new tactic in place I am really hoping to finally get into the CL. Although I do feel that I will be close to 20pts behind Kev and Mackem.

5th Argie With Argie back to lead his team after a long lay off, he is sure to be fresh, and raring to go for this season. 7th last term was good, and I believe he can really challenge myself and Nuno for that 4th place.

6th Nuno This was a tough decision, as Fulham finished 4th last year, but Fulahm can be very inconsistant, going from the highs of winning the league to not even qualifying for Europe. With the distractions of the CL and a lot of new faces at the club, I feel this could lead to an underperforming team.

7th HL7 Very tough to know how HL7 will do as he seems to finish around 8th place a lot. I have plumped for 7th as with new signings I think he will improve, but not enough to get into the top 6.

8th Chris A new boy to NWCM, it is very difficult to say how he will do. He has a great selection of strikers to choose from, but the loss of Knapper could hurt him. Chris's success will depend a lot on his tactical skills, and I am very interested to see how well he will do in this hotbed of talent which is NWCM icon_wink.gif

Good luck to all involved.

This season is set to be the most exciting yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whitehart:

_Countdown to the start of NWCM_

As the first matches of the new season loom ever closer, I have tried to put my amazing prediction skills to the test again. After studying each club for hours apon end, and taking into account the managerial skills, or lack of them, I have come up with this icon_smile.gif

1st _Mackem_ It was tough for me to choose between Kev and Mackem, but I went for Mackem as he had an excellent end to last season in the Premier League, and took the CL trophy to Sundeland. Add to this the added hunger of the Sunderland players and manager, I feel this could be the year that Mackem takes over as king of NWCM icon_wink.gif

2nd _Kev_ Kev in my opinion still has the best team of all of us in NWCM, but an inconsistant run at the end of last season has lead me to believe he will have to hand over his Premiership crown to the boy up north.

4th _Me_ With my squad stronger than last year, and a new tactic in place I am really hoping to finally get into the CL. Although I do feel that I will be close to 20pts behind Kev and Mackem.

5th _Argie_ With Argie back to lead his team after a long lay off, he is sure to be fresh, and raring to go for this season. 7th last term was good, and I believe he can really challenge myself and Nuno for that 4th place.

6th _Nuno_ This was a tough decision, as Fulham finished 4th last year, but Fulahm can be very inconsistant, going from the highs of winning the league to not even qualifying for Europe. With the distractions of the CL and a lot of new faces at the club, I feel this could lead to an underperforming team.

7th _HL7_ Very tough to know how HL7 will do as he seems to finish around 8th place a lot. I have plumped for 7th as with new signings I think he will improve, but not enough to get into the top 6.

8th _Chris_ A new boy to NWCM, it is very difficult to say how he will do. He has a great selection of strikers to choose from, but the loss of Knapper could hurt him. Chris's success will depend a lot on his tactical skills, and I am very interested to see how well he will do in this hotbed of talent which is NWCM icon_wink.gif

The Cups

Champions League Mackem As Mackem has proven to be excellent against fellow managers, I feel this tips the CL in his favour, although he is sure to have good competiton form Kev and Nuno

UEFA Cup Argie This was tough to decide, as after all I am in this competition icon_wink.gif, but Argie has a good team at Blackburn and I think he may come out on top.

FA Cup Mackem Again another tough competition to decide, especially considering that a lot of the teams in the CL may not field their strongest sides, but this just could be the year that Mackem does the treble icon_smile.gif, no pressure icon_smile.gif

League Cup Me It seems I predict myself for a cup almost every year, and every year without fail I lose in a final icon_frown.gif , but this will be my year, and the worthy cup will be mine.

Good luck to all involved.

This season is set to be the most exciting yet.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

6th Nuno This was a tough decision, as Fulham finished 4th last year, but Fulahm can be very inconsistant, going from the highs of winning the league to not even qualifying for Europe. With the distractions of the CL and a lot of new faces at the club, I feel this could lead to an underperforming team.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice post John, but FYI all the new faces at Fulham will struggle to get into the starting eleven. I'll give preference to the players who are already there for some years now. icon_smile.gif

To counteract John’s opinion that WBA has the best squad in the league icon_wink.gif I’ll let you know the current Fulham squad:

GOALKEEPERS

Dionisis Chiotis

Antonis Voulgaris

Glyn Thompson

Nicola Ferri

DEFENDERS

Daniel Cruz

Ricardo Carmo

Danny Mills

Stephen Crainey

Jody Craddock

Andrey Milevskiy

Paul Rudden

Mikael Dorsin

Philip Mèxes

Ibrahim Said

Mike Duff

David Livermore

Julio Cesar

MIDFIELDERS

John Arne Riise

Carlos Paredes

Steven Sidwell

Michael Stewart

Mark Kerr

Steed Malbranque

Johan Elmander

Fredrik Ljungberg

Simão Sabrosa

Labinot Harbuzi

Tonton Zola Moukoko

Par Zetterberg

Samuel Eto’o

FORWARDS

Landon Donovan

Loius Saha

Mido

Mantorras

Helder Postiga

Jeremie Alardieire

As you can see it won’t be easy to pick up a starting eleven for the next season and a good squad rotation will be essential to keep team’s fitness and morale at a good level. But for the first few games I will probably field this team:

MIDO SAHA

LJUNBERG

PAREDES KERR SIMAO

RIISE MEXES SAID DUFF

CHIOTIS </pre>

Now let's show all hose losers what football is all about. icon_biggrin.gif

Daily Lewisio

Hello and welocme to the daily sports column my name is Gary Lineker and ill be running this column while Gladys Posselthwaite is away on holiday. Now enough of the niceities and over to check on southamptons squad now what a squad they have for the new 2006-2007 they will be going places with this team heres there lineup of players

GOALKEEPERS

Kevin Baldwin

Scott Bevan

Darren Davies

Neil Moss

Antonis Nikopolidis

Paul Radchubka

Defenders/Midfielders

Tony Adams

Mark Alexander

Gareth Barry

George Boateng

Wayne Bridge

Steven Cameron

Phillipe Christanval

Colin Clegg

Martyn Corrigan

Mike Foster

Barry Griffin

Christian Gyan

Andreas Johannson

Andy Johnson

Michael Pattersson

Ben Rix

Andrey Tikhonov

Strikers

Yannis Anastasiou

John Hartson

Joe King

Miroslav Klose

Jonathan Macken

Torvaldur Makan

Nuno Gomes

Dwight Yorke

I hope this squad performs well this season as it has the potential for a top 3 finish, with players in the midfield like Barry,Boateng and players with good records up front such as Klose,Gomes and Yorke i hope They bang goals in for fun. My main Concern is my defence i need a good player in centre like Stam or Rio Ferdinand

All in all I reckon i will do well both in cups and the league and wait patiently for my apology from nuno icon_smile.gif

Archived