NWCM 01/02 clan has finished, be back for CM4

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We left right after you, Jone. Sam wasn't too enthusiastic about the game, Michael left before you and it was pointless to continue the game with only me and Alex playing. icon_frown.gif

Anyway, here it goes. It's the first time I do this , so if doesn't look ok, don't take the píss off me icon_biggrin.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

English Premier Division - Sunday 3rd November 2002

2002/3 Table

Pos Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag Won Drn Lst For Ag Pts

1st Leeds 11 5 1 0 11 3 4 0 1 7 5 28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Man Utd 11 4 1 0 14 5 3 2 1 12 6 24

3rd Blackburn 12 3 2 1 11 7 4 1 1 10 6 24

4th Fulham 12 5 1 0 16 5 2 1 3 7 9 23

5th Charlton 11 3 2 1 10 6 3 2 0 10 4 22

6th Liverpool 12 3 2 1 6 2 3 1 2 15 8 21

7th Chelsea 12 4 2 0 10 4 2 1 3 8 10 21

8th Arsenal 10 3 1 0 10 5 3 1 2 13 9 20

9th W.B.A. 11 4 0 2 11 6 1 3 1 8 7 18

10th Southampton 11 4 0 1 11 7 2 0 4 4 8 18

11th Newcastle 12 1 2 3 6 10 3 1 2 11 8 15

12th Sunderland 12 2 2 2 8 9 2 1 3 7 11 15

13th West Ham 12 2 1 3 6 9 2 1 3 11 9 14

14th Middlesbrough 12 3 0 3 10 6 1 1 4 9 14 13

15th Ipswich 12 2 1 3 9 11 1 1 4 7 12 11

16th Watford 11 1 1 4 7 17 2 1 2 9 9 11

17th Tottenham 12 1 1 4 9 17 1 2 3 8 12 9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18th Bolton 12 1 2 3 9 11 0 2 4 4 12 7

19th Sheff Wed 12 1 0 5 5 10 0 2 4 5 12 5

20th Aston Villa 12 0 2 4 7 20 1 0 5 5 15 5

</pre>

icon_cool.gif Just forgot about the bold thing. Let me give it a try with Div 1 table where Man City and Everton should appear bold.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

************************************************************************************************

English First Division - Sunday 3rd November 2002

************************************************************************************************

================================================================================================

2002/3 Table

================================================================================================

Pos Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag Won Drn Lst For Ag Pts

1st Walsall 16 6 1 1 15 4 6 0 2 14 7 37

2nd Derby 17 5 3 1 15 6 4 2 2 16 12 32

3rd Wolves 17 7 1 1 24 10 2 3 3 11 14 31

4th Leicester 16 5 2 1 13 3 2 5 1 9 7 28

5th Wimbledon 16 6 0 2 19 11 2 3 3 7 9 27

6th Crewe 16 6 1 2 19 13 2 2 3 10 13 27

7th Nottm Forest 16 7 1 0 17 5 1 1 6 6 16 26

8th Millwall 16 4 3 1 19 13 2 4 2 9 10 25

9th Birmingham 17 7 0 1 13 5 1 1 7 13 26 25

10th Gillingham 16 5 1 1 12 5 2 2 5 9 14 24

11th Coventry 15 6 1 0 14 3 1 2 5 7 17 24

12th Man City 14 3 3 1 22 14 3 0 4 17 19 21

13th Grimsby 16 5 3 1 17 6 0 3 4 5 12 21

14th Crystal Palace 17 4 3 1 15 8 0 6 3 13 18 21

15th Everton 16 5 1 3 14 11 1 2 4 7 11 21

16th Bradford 16 4 3 2 8 7 1 2 4 6 10 20

17th Portsmouth 16 5 0 2 15 12 1 2 6 10 18 20

18th Norwich 16 1 5 1 11 13 3 0 6 7 13 17

19th Wycombe 16 4 3 2 17 12 0 2 5 6 20 17

20th Barnsley 17 2 5 1 10 7 1 1 7 6 15 15

21st Preston 16 3 3 2 14 12 1 0 7 10 25 15

22nd Stockport 16 3 1 4 9 11 0 3 5 4 11 13

23rd Notts Co 16 2 2 4 10 13 1 1 6 9 18 12

24th Q.P.R. 16 1 3 3 11 14 1 2 6 7 18 11

</pre>

All i can say is that it was a terrible lag. On matchday for instance the screen would freeze for about ten seconds and after that it was texture with a speed noone could read. No manager in the world can figure out how to play if you cant feel whats happening in the match icon_frown.gif . Thats jus alousy excuse i know icon_biggrin.gif but still icon_mad.gificon_rolleyes.gif

A few problems tonight but on the whole, I still enjoyed the session.

We started out with 4 players, but unfortunately, Jonathan had to leave a little early, but we played on and only finished a few moments ago. I won every match I played (a rare thing icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif) and was really enjoying my teams change in fortune. We were virtually full strength bar Emile Mpernza, but the recent signing of Evertons' Kevin Campbell compensated us for that and the swap deal with Kanouté for Middlesbroughs' Taribo West was a sound bit of business.

West has slotted in perfectly and really shored up the defence, conceeding just 1 goal in 4 games.

The media decided to have a go at Muzzy Izzet, so, after defending the player, my fans, chairman, coach (never seen that before) and Izzet all praised me and declared their loyalty to me icon_cool.gif

Izzet scored a hat-trick in his next game against Watford in a 3-1 win icon_biggrin.gif

All in all a good session icon_smile.gif

It was kinda weird this session, yes it was. You can blame my net server for that. Several connection problems froze the game a couple of times and Alex got stuck in the middle of his last game icon_biggrin.gif . Hopefully, Jonathan will soon finish his exams and he'll be the host again.

Fulham Update

This was a very busy session for me on the transfer market : we signed in Mendonça ( not Clive icon_biggrin.gif ) from Varzim for £1.4 M and now my reserve team has these forwards : Mendonça, Zamora, Antchouet, Ashton and Moukouko icon_razz.gif . I think that the future is somewhere amongst these players. For now, on my main squad Saha, Marlet, Tomasson and Canniggia still rule. icon_smile.gif

We sold three players ( Melville, Hayles and Brevett ) for a total of £ 1.2 M.

This session started with two defeats. Man Utd (H) 2-4 gave me no chances at all and I couldn't complain about my players. Saha and Winter were the scorers. At Anfield Road we were the better team, but a goal by Owen and a super Dudek lead Liverpool to a 1-0 victory.

Of course, we replied with a vengeance. And the victim was Southampton. We completely outplayed them and won the game 5-1. Great game by the kid Mark Kerr with a hat-trick. Saha and Batrinu scored the other two goals, with Batrinu scoring his 6th free-kick goal in 1 1/2 seasons. He's the best defender I know in this gane for set-pieces icon_smile.gif .

Next match was a very hard League Cup game at Elland Road. Leeds took the lead with Bridges scoring, but Saha and Kerr wrote down their names in the scoring sheet. Now I'm looking forward to play the quarter final at Boro's ground icon_wink.gif

Last match of the session was at Villa's . Very hard game indeed but Goma, Aguinaga and Saha gave me a 3-2 win.

League Standings

Premier League

1st - Leeds 38 (15)

3rd - Fulham 29 (16)

8th - West Ham 24 (16)

16th - Bottomboro 15 (15) icon_biggrin.gif

20th - Bolton 7 (15)

Division 1

1st - Walsall 47 (21)

12th - Man City 27 (20)

18th - Everton 25 (21)

24th - Q.P.R. 14 (21)

Next session...who knows ? icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Toffee,

I do appreciate your words in my defence, but please leave it as it is. Things are now sorted out between me and foobR. Don't do anything wrong, because I don't want you to be banned because of me. I need you to participate in this forum, as I need all our clan mates. So, don't worry, be happy. icon_wink.gif

Cheers, you're a good friend. icon_smile.gif

I am sorry to inform that I have decided to quit the NWCM Clan. This has nothing to do with the quality of the game nor a rift with any member of the current clan. I just won't have the time it takes to devote to a game like this at the moment.

I really hope this clan will keep on going and I'll be following the progress of this game with great entusiasm. I hope this doesn't cause any problems as I heard you are looking to expand the clan anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.

With regards Jonathan

Ok Jonathan it's your choice. I am sorry for your decision, but you better

than anyone know what is best for you.

No hard feelings from me and I wish you good luck. It was a pleasure playing

with you.

Nuno

Hi,

I am looking for a good mid-week game to join while not playing ucmig at the weekends.I contacted you a while ago but you were not looking to add any members, if this has changed feel free to contact me.

Remember t delete the no spam bit in profile.

Cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nuno Santos:

hey guys change of plans. mirc tomorrow will be at _8.30pm_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might have to join at 8.45pm Nuno icon_frown.gif

Sam, Michael and Alex. Next session tomorrow ( Thursday ) at 7.00pm. I'll load up the game by 6pm in case any of you wants to do some shortlisting, bosmans and stuff. Will be the last session before the new members join.

Let's have fun. icon_smile.gif

Let's welcome our newest member ( still on a trial ) John Burbidge ( aka whitehart ). He joined as Sheff Wed manager. Good luck mate, you'll need it. icon_biggrin.gif

Well, after tonights session, I have renewed hope about the direction our clan is headed icon_smile.gif

After the resignation of our host Jonathan (RomaAllTheWay) and a few other members having personal commitments which they need to attend, things were looking bleak and the fun of the game was waning. However, tonight the fun was back in the game after a turbulant spell, with all but one of our clan members turning up, and our trialist John (Whitehart) playing his first session with us. It's been a while since there were four and hopefully in the coming days we'll get two more clan members and breathe some fresh air into our clan icon_smile.gif

The session started off well for me, beating Chelsea 2-0 at home, then a draw against top of the league Leeds. However, a 0-0 draw away to Ipswich followed, and I can't say I was pleased. icon_mad.gif

Unfortunately I only played 3 games of this session but it was enjoyable and I look forward to future sessions.

I still can't believe Middlesbrough appointed Wim Jansen ahead of me icon_mad.gif

For some strange reason the clan members of NWCM have decided to allow a real professional into their clan, who plans to dominate the premiership for years to come icon_smile.gif

Unfortunately they tricked me into taking the Sheffield Wednesday job who are floating about 1 point above relegation.There certainly is a lot of work to do there, but if anyone can do it whitehart can icon_wink.gif

My managerial campaign started very well by beating Wrexham 6-0 in the quarter final of the League Cup, which has left me with an easy semi against rubbish Fulham(nuno), surely the cup is mine.This was followed by a draw against Sunderland who scored late on those lucky *******s after being outclassed for 90 minutes.Then followed a 1-0 defeat to Arsenal, but the shock of the night was being beaten by Fulham(nuno), how the hell did that happen icon_confused.gif

I feel that there must be something wrong with the game to have been beaten like that, and I will get to the bottom of it icon_smile.gif

I would just like to thank the clan for giving me the trial, I will try not to do too well so they dont feel threatened and get rid of me.

Thats my first report, see you all next session.

Cheers

Nice update whitehart icon_smile.gif .

What can I say but the usual : my Fulham team kept on their winning streak in the league apart from a predictable defeat with the leaders Leeds. Best part of the session though was when Sam was asking if we could stop for the night because he was very tired after being wake up the whole of last night watching some scandinavian sh*t called nll or whatever icon_confused.gif . Then I asked if we could play just one more game cause I was playing the newbie's Sheff Wed in a few days. Whitehart (John) said to me then : " Hey Nuno, why you wanna play me, don't you wanna sleep tonight ?" Hehe, I thought , I'll give you a lesson and you will shut up your big mouth. After 20 minutes or so Fulham was already trashing John's Wednesday 4-0 and the gobby boy was shouting at mIRC " jesus, you're a dirty ******* " icon_biggrin.gif hehe that gave me great pleasure. icon_razz.gif

Just before meeting Sheff on the League Cup semis I played at Middlesbrough ground on League Cup Quarter Final. Seeing the great job that Jonathan made there, I knew it was going to be a tough game. A 3-2 win was the final score with Tomasson delivering the goods once again. ( Btw Jone, if you read this do you still think that Jon Dahl is underrated in CM ? icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif ).

A final note to say that three of my players are retiring at the end of the season. Canniggia, John Collins and Aaron Winter. I'd better be looking for some good replacements now.

We are trying to put up a session tomorrow evening. If we can make it, I'm looking forward to a mini-marathon of CM. C'mon mates, you know you want to. icon_wink.gif

Some scandinavian nll???

That was nhl and its not scandinavian although many Swedes participate in the semi-final. Ill hope you know what ice-hockey is even though Portugal isnt in the World Championships icon_razz.gif Oh boy are you pulling my legs or what??

I actually just played four matches and that gave me only 6 points. Coventry slaughtered me away with a four to none victory and Nuno wasnt late complaining about my lack of managerial skills icon_mad.gificon_frown.gif , but then you oughta have seen what my assistant had done while i was on holiday...nothing seemed to be as what ive strictly told him..as example seing poor Kevin Betsy as amc icon_confused.gif

At least i gained 1 spot from 12:th to 11:th so were heading towards right direction icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I still can't believe Middlesbrough appointed Wim Jansen ahead of me icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, you applyed for the Boro job icon_eek.gif you ******* icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Just before meeting Sheff on the League Cup semis I played at Middlesbrough ground on League Cup Quarter Final. Seeing the great job that Jonathan made there, I knew it was going to be a tough game. A 3-2 win was the final score with Tomasson delivering the goods once again. ( Btw Jone, if you read this do you still think that Jon Dahl is underrated in CM ? icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif ). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, I think he is ****e on CM that's all icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, I am happy to see that this game is going well. And I am also very pirched that I had to quit this clan icon_frown.gif as I would have wanted to continue playing in this fantastic game icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>lol, you applyed for the Boro job icon_eek.gif you ******* icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't sell you my best players for nothing you know! icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

After an awful nights sleep following that fluke result against Fulham, I feel I am prepared to revive the mighty Sheffield tonight.

Hope we are still playing icon_smile.gif

Hi gents, I'm proud to say that for tonight's session we have confirmed :

Me - Fulham

HL7 - West Ham

The Toffeeman - Everton

whitehart - Sheff Wed ( 2nd trial )

Kevbest - W.B.A. ( 1st trial )

Mackem - Sunderland ( 1st trial )

Chadders - Charlton ( 1st trial )

The game will be up from 8pm on, so that the newbies can do their t & t. At 9pm everyone will press continue.

Should be a CM party icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nuno Santos:

Hi gents, I'm proud to say that for tonight's session we have confirmed :

Me - Fulham

HL7 - West Ham

The Toffeeman - Everton

whitehart - Sheff Wed ( 2nd trial )

Kevbest - W.B.A. ( 1st trial )

Mackem - Sunderland ( 1st trial )

Chadders - Charlton ( 1st trial )

The game will be up from _8pm_ on, so that the newbies can do their t & t. At _9pm_ everyone will press continue.

Should be a CM party icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmmm 2nd trial so I take it I passed my first trial icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheToffeeman:

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif

Don't make me post the league table, Michael. You'd be ashamed icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get back to painting walls Sancho icon_mad.gif

Archived