English top-flight alteration- crash error

ian_1982

Could anyone help me with this? I wanted to run a one-season experiment where the Premier League was renamed the County Championship, consisting of teams of regionally-born players. E.g. A Yorkshire team consisting of Paul Robinson, Aaron Lennon, etc. For better or worse (and it now seems worse!), I deleted the Premier League teams from the database, without really thinking of the consequences. The database loads, but in mid-July the game crashes.

I assume his has something to do with the cup competions- both domestic and continental. I have edited the clubs' former league position so that the best team on paper finished 1st the previous season, and the worst finished 3rd in the CCC, and so on. Via the editor I have chosen four clubs to enter the Champions League, and another four to enter the UEFA Cup. I have not entered any data into the coefficients field- could this be a likely problem? Do I need to resurrect the older clubs in some form?

I've spent ages researching this, but perhaps am a bit naive when using the editor, so any advice would be very welcome.

Archived