Newbie Tactics

Hi I'm new to this forum, and slightly new to the Football Manager series itself. I played FM2006 a tiny bit, but never really got into it.

Just recently i bought FM2009, and I love it, it's just a brilliant game. I am managing the team I support, Sunderland. However, I am finding it quite hard to get wins, and find myself drawing at home against average teams.

I need some desperate help ASAP, anything would be helpful!

Thanks.

Ok, my formations and players are as followed.

Craig Gordon

Tal Ben-Haim

George McCartney

Nyron Nosworthy

Calum Davenport

Anton Ferdinand

Paul McShane

Phil Bardsley

Carlos Edwards

Victor Moses

Dean Whitehead

Kieron Richardson

Michael Kightly

Teemu Tainio

Steed Malbranque

Daryl Murphy

Andy Reid

Kenwyne Jones

Jason Scotland

Anthony Stokes

Djbril Cisse

David Healy

I currently have 4 specific formations:

A home formation against weak teams, where I play 2 upfront, and attacking midfielder, a holding midfielder who drops back, then 2 out wide, and 4 in defense. For my defending home formation, i have Jones as a loan striker, where I use him as a target man, and get balls onto his head, one attacking midfielder, 2 defensive holding midfielders, 2 out wide that drop back, and 4 in defense.

My away attacking formation is yet again Jones upfront on his own, with the same target man tactic. My formation is the same as my home defensive. My away defensive i just switch the formation to 4-5-1 and have 2 central defenders in defensive midfield.

Any help would be grateful, and comments on improving!

Thanks

lone strikers dont seem to work for me why dont you try jones heading the balls on to a faster striker like cisse also if you are playing 9.3 you can buy saviola for cheap he will score loads for sunderland hope this helps

Archived