Well, since it's Mothers' Day, and you've all been buying presents for your dear mother, here's a present for you! May I introduce you to VersusFM!

tigers_banner.png

A large, carnivorous, tawny-colored and black-striped feline, Panthera tigris, of Asia, ranging in several races from India and the Malay Peninsula to Siberia: the entire species is endangered, with some races thought to be extinct.

The Tigers were founded by Brad in 2002, one thing you may notice is that these tigers are actually BLUE, a very rare sight throughout the world.

---------------------

vipers_banner.png

Any of several venomous Old World snakes of the family Viperidae, having a single pair of long, hollow fangs and a thick, heavy body.

The Vipers were formed by TommyFM in an attempt to combat Brads Tigers and prevent them from being the number 1 team in vFM.

---------------------

site_banner.png

I’d like to introduce you to an idea that is fairly new to the FM world. A ‘Team Versus Forum’ The general idea is that upon registering, you are assigned to a team, Tigers, or Vipers.

For your team, you will be competing against the opposition for contention in various competitions inside and outside of FM. As a result the team/individuals will be rewarded with prizes such as Football Manager Merchandise or DVDs.

You will be competing in three different ways, individually, as a group and as a team in order to win as many points as possible for your team. There will be areas to compete in that suit everybody, from graphical artists to young journalists.

Each team will have a ‘Team Leader’ and a ‘Team Captain’ these will be voted into position by your fellow team members, on a bi-monthly basis. We have also implemented a drafting idea whereby a team can bring a member from the rivals to their own group.

Does this sound vague? It is all explained in-depth on the site! :)

Oh yeah, in case you are wondering, we also offer Football Manager guides, articles, downloads and general banter. All the usual stuff you expect from a FM site! We are also constantly trying to produce new graphics for FM: check out our new logo style, VFM:09!

And if you get bored of all of that, why not post in our off topic sections. Everyone is allowed to have the break every now and again!

---------------------

F.A.Q

Why aren’t you using IPB!?

Simple really, NovaBoard is far more easier to modify to suit our needs, we have modded it a lot to make it feel more like IPB so you all can still find your way around.

Why is there so few posts already?

Well, I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty sick of seeing the same old ‘generic threads’ such as “What did you have to eat at 13:59 on Tuesday”. So we thought we’d give you a blank canvas, do what you like with it (within reason!)

Why can’t I choose my team?

Where would the fun be if you could choose? Seriously. But as mentioned above, if the other team feel that you’re worthy of being on their team, and will be an asset, you never know, they might sign you up.

Is this not just The-Gaffer.net: Part 2?

Yes, the staff team is almost the same, but we are far from being the same as The-Gaffer was. You are most likely aware of what happened with The-Gaffer being bought etc, however our circumstances have now changed. We are back in a healthy financial situation which allows us to heavily invest in the site and mainly, we actually have a direction now. We have something to focus ourselves on. So no, its not TG pt 2.

---------------------

Links

• 2 weeks later...

We've decided to close VFM for a week to 'iron out a few creases'.

We will be reviewing our staff team, re-thinking some ideas, and generally improving the place all round.

If anyone feels that they can contribute to our staff team, please send me a PM and tell me what you can offer us.

We'll keep you updated.

Thanks.

Archived