Club total wage expenditure in relation to my wages.

Yes on the game I'm a good manager and all that stuff, but Stoke have just offered me a new contract on £275k a week, I currently have my entire team playing on £520k a week (sold a lot of the older players on big wages). My squad is quite concise but still has 20 players, and about 3 players in the first team take up £200k of that £520k. Anyway, I digress... Keirrison the guy who scored 160 goals in a season was only earning 92k a week in my squad, and now my board want to offer me 3 times what he was on. He's left now and the top earner is on 68k a week. I'll be earning 200k more a week than this lad, as well as costing the club somewhere in the region of £14 million a year on a 5 year contract.

How does this figure, if I was spending a truck load on players wages as well maybe I could possibly just understand it, but this is insane, especially considering how much I've been working to keep wages tight to be able to fund a new stadium move.

160 its in the records thread for Stoke lol. But the wages is the core issue, even with his goal scoring bonus he wasn't on 270k a week lol.

ask for a contract of 10k a week then if u dont want to cost the club much :D

Yea, the minimum I'm being offered is 275k, the maximum is 550k I could have asked for. It's just strange, no matter what happened there is no way a manager would be on almost a million pounds a month more than a teams top earner. It's crazy, anyone would think it was man city not stoke offering me wages, and it's only going to escalate lol.

Archived