Usfa v rfl

May 8th 2008-

The Sun

Russia Announces RFL

By Paul Smith

Russia today announced a new era for football in their country by announcing a new commitee named the RFL. The deal, which has been backed by Russia's wealthiest buisnessmen, could see global superstars playing in Russia in the new future. Complaints were filed to FIFA from England, Spain and Italy, but were quickly thrown out. President of the RFL, Yuri Zemekov, said "This is a wonderful day for Russia, we can now finally compete with the European countries. This project has been on the table for some time now and it's acceptance signals a new era for Russian sport." It remains to be seen which countries will support the project and which will not, but what can be confirmed is that this new league signals a new era for football.

May 21st 2008-

The Sun

Britain, USA Begin New Cold War With Russia

By Andrew Davies

Britain and USA today began a new Cold War with Russia-over football. Earlier this morning, the US and Britain announced a rival league to the RFL, th USFA. A Super League of 20 teams, 10 from America and 10 for Britain, were announced this morning, along with the backing of wealthy Buisnessmen from both countries. Joint Chairmen of the USFA, Alexi Lalas and George Graham relaesed a statement declaring their "honour" of being selected and their "hope" of this league rivalling the RFL. It is likely that all of the World's best players are going to be in either the RFL or the USFA, the question is, which countries will support which league?

The Teams List-

Britain
London
Manchester
The Midlands
Tyne And Wear/Durham
Yorkshire
Liverpool
Dublin
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Belfast

USA
Carolina
Los Angeles
New York
Washington D.C
Phoenix
Philadelphia
Chicago
San Jose
Houston
Minnesota

Daily Mirror

FIFA Gives In To Global Pressure

By Paul Yelle

FIFA has created a new rule after pressure from the Big 5 (Italy, Spain, France, Germany and Holland). The new Rule, labelled "The Star 4", will see each country name their 4 best players, who will be exclusive to the Super League of that countries choice. The rest of the players, however, will be availible to either league. The Big 5 have already with split, with Italy and Germany both supporting the USFA, and Spain, France and Holland supporting the RFL. In addition to this new rule, the Champions League has been dis-continued and a USFA V RFL Superseries has been formed in it's place.

Italy's Star 4-
Gigi Buffon
Andrea Pirlo
Daniele De Rossi
Fabio Cannavaro

Germany's Star 4-
Philip Lahm
Michael Ballack
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Miroslav Klose

Spain's Star 4-
David Villa
Iker Casillas
Fernando Torres
Xavi

France's Star 4-
Thierry Henry
Franck Ribery
Karim Benzema
William Gallas

Holland's Star 4-
Rafael Van Der Vaart
Wesley Sneijder
Arjen Robben
Ruud Van Nistlerooy

USFL Manager's

London-Jose Mourinho

Manchester-Sir Alex Ferguson

The Midlands-Frank Rijkard

Tyne And Wear/Durham-David Moyes

Yorkshire-Sam Allardyce

Liverpool-Bernd Schuster

Dublin-Roy Keane

Glasgow-Alex Mcleish

Belfast-Lawrie Sanchez

Carolina-Alan Curbishley

Los Angeles-Fabio Capello

New York-Gary Megson

Washington DC-Bruce Arena

Phoenix-Mick Mcarthy

Philadelphia-Wanderley Luxemburgo

Chicago-Dave Jones

San Jose-Mark Hughes

Houston-Jim Magilton

Minnesota-Steve Bruce

USFL Auction,

Note British Star 4 are-John Terry, Wayne Rooney, Stephen Gerrard and Frank Lampard

www.sportinglife.com live auction ticker

Welcome to London, the HQ of the USFA. Today, the first Super League auction takes place. 12 of the world's best player's, including John Terry and Wayne Rooney are up today. Proceedings are about to begin, and the anticipation is almost too much to bear. The Auctioner approaches the stage...

Player 1-John Terry

It's eyes down as the auction begins, and the first player, England Skipper John Terry. He is eventually bought by Washington DC, after some intense bidding between DC and London. He holds the DC shirt aloft alongside Bruce Arena, who he then shakes hands with. There are subbdued looks from the Brittish tables, as they have just lost their skipper.

Player 2-Steven Gerrard

Stephen Gerrard is next up and yet again, big bidding takes place. Gerrard is eventually bought by Edingburgh, despite Gerrard speaking of his desire to remain in Liverpool

Player 3-Wayne Rooney

He was bound to bring big bidding to the table, and that is what we got. Rooney has been announced as a shock signing for Tyne And Wear, who are clearly delighted about their signing.

Player 4-Frank Lampard

Lampard didn't bring as much bidding to the table, and he was snapped up by Minnesota.

Player 5-Gigi Buffon

The world's most expensive goalkeeper is the only keeper on auction, and has brought big spending to the table. After a three-way bidding war between Philly, London and Phoenix, it's Mcarthy who has got his man. He is paraded in the new Phoenix shirt. But soon the next player auction begins

Player 6-Andrea Pirlo

This player is perhpas the most under-rated at the entire auction, and so dosen't attract much attention. Curbishley's Carolina snaps him up.

Player 7-Daniele De Rossi

De Rossi is highly rated, and fetched a lot of money. The Hard-Man becomes Manchester's first signing of the auction, and a delighted De Rossi is pictured shaking hands with Sir Alex Ferguson

Player 8-Fabio Cannavaro

Italy's world-cup winning captain is on auction, but it is unlikely he will fetch much. We are surprise however, as Playerless London battle Yorkshire all the way. Finally, Sam gets him man and Cannavaro dons the Yorkshire strip.

Player 9-Philip Lahm

The German player bidding begins, and Liverpool pick up their first player. Lahm dons the new purple jersey

Player 10-Michael Ballack-

The skipper is next up, and Tyne And Wear become the first team to sign two players. It's been a great day for the North-Easterners, who have added Ballack ansd Rooney to their ranks

Player 11-Bastian Schwiensteiger

Schwiensteiger is one of the lesser players involved, as Dave Jones Chicago sign the penultamate player.

Player 12-Miroslav Klose

The final chance for any playerless clubs is with German goal-machine Klose steps up. After a final bidding war, Belfast nab the 30 year old, and bring a conclusion to the Auction

Players

Britain

London

Manchester-Daniele De Rossi

The Midlands

Tyne And Wear/Durham-Wayne Rooney, Michael Ballack

Yorkshire-Fabio Cannavaro

Liverpool-Philip Lahm

Dublin

Edinburgh-Steven Gerrard

Glasgow

Belfast-Miroslav Klose

USA

Carolina-Andrea Pirlo

Los Angeles

New York

Washington D.C-John Terry

Phoenix-Gigi Buffon

Philadelphia

Chicago-Bastian Schwiensteiger

San Jose

Houston

Minnesota-Frank Lampard

Well, that's all folks. There have been some losers and some winners, but it's over now. All attention turns to Moscow when they begin their auction next week. See you then

Guest mikeytwigge

how are you signing up whe its probably not even a sign up and even if it is you dont know what the rules are for signing up

Upupup, why did you choose Phoenix:confused:

They can't even support a hockey team, much less a soccer team. :p

And why couldn't Toronto be a part of this. All professional sports leagues excluding the NFL in the States have a Toronto team. :D :D

Interesting.

But why would Italy and Germany ally with USA? Haven't you learnt history? :p

Just thought about that. It's merely for balance though i.e Spain is better than Italy, but Germany is better than France.

Rancer: Sorry about that, I should of really researched that more.

Just thought about that. It's merely for balance though i.e Spain is better than Italy, but Germany is better than France.

I would put it the other way around.

Germany and Italy with Russia. The rest with USA.

That's alright mate. I understand the other cities have some soccer tradition, but I don't Phoenix have much support for soccer...and I could tell about the East Coast Bias you got there. ;)

Personally, I would have replaced Carolina with Seattle, and Phoenix with Toronto, but good luck with this experiment nonetheless. :thup:

That's alright mate. I understand the other cities have some soccer tradition, but I don't Phoenix have much support for soccer...and I could tell about the East Coast Bias you got there. ;)

Personally, I would have replaced Carolina with Seattle, and Phoenix with Toronto, but good luck with this experiment nonetheless. :thup:

I can do that. The East Coast Bias probably comes from the fact that I am a NHL fan, and I tend to follow the East coast teams more

Unfortuanately, I don't have photoshop, so it's generic logos and kits all the way

RSFL clubs announced

Moscow FC-Arsene Wenger

Moscow International-Luis Felipe Scolari

Saturn St Petersburg-Josep Guradiola

Dinamo St Petersburg-Rafa Benitez

Novosibirik-Carlo Ancelotti

Nizhny Novgorod-Guus Hiddink

Samara-Dunga

Omsk-Sven Goran Ericksson

Kazan-Marco Van Basten

Rostov-Marcello Lippi

UFA-Caludio Ranieri

Kiev(Ukraine Entry)-Raymond Domenech

Voronezh-Martin Jol

Perm-Jacques Santini

Chelabyinsk-Fatih Terim

Volograd-Slaven Billic

Tolyatti-Juande Ramos

Minsk(Belarus Entry)-Luis Aragones

Saratov-Nigel Pearson

Izhevsk-Glen Hoddle

www.sportinglife.com auction ticker.

The RSFL is certainly taking shape. This week, the managers were announced, with the likes of Glen Hoddle and Nigel Pearson going against their countries wishes and signing up for Russian clubs. But now, we have 12 of the world's finest players going on auction. Proceedings are about to begin, lets get down to buisness.

Player 1-David Villa

And we're underway, and player 1 couldn't get any bigger. David Villa. There's no suprise early on, with Moscow International and Scolari picking up Villa, who tries the shirt for size. Good start.

Player 2-Iker Casillas

Another big player. The man recognised by many as the world's best keeper. There's a bidding war between Izhevsk and Saturn St Petersburg. Saturn manage to accquire Casillas, a very good desicion by Guradiola

Player 3-Fernando Torres

One of last season's star men is up next, and the team that nearly bagged Casillas finally gets on the board. Glen Hoddle manages to steal Torres from under the noses of Moscow FC

Player 4-Xavi

Xavi is picked up by Ranieri's UFA after a suprising lack of bids. As Xavi comes off the stage, The Spanish round is over. Now we go to France

Player 5-Thierry Henry

One of the legends of the game, Thierry Henry, is a shock signing for Ramos' Tolyatti. A big suprise for a player expected to fetch big money for a big club.

Player 6-Franck Ribery

Currently France's most exciting player, Ribery, is next up. The speedy winger becomes Moscow International's second signing after a bidding battle with Moscow rivals Moscow FC.

Player 7-Karim Benzema

Benzema has excelled in France, and now he gets his chance to succeed on the world stage with...Moscow FC. Thy finally pick up their first player after mistakes on early players. A relief for Arsene Wenger.

Player 8-William Gallas

The ex-Arsenal player passes without excitement and is picked up cheaply by Omsk. This could prove to be a shrewd signing.

Player 9-Rafael Van Der Vaart

The star of EURO 2008 is a big player and is picked up by Countryman Jol's Voronezh. A good deal.

Player 10-Wesley Sneijder

Having established himself with Madrid last year, Sneijder is one of the top players in the auction and is a signing for Volograd.

Player 11-Arjen Robben

The tricky winger can list English and Spanish title medals among his trophy cabinet. He has been picked up by Samara after a battle with kiev. A very good player who can make Samara brilliant

Player 12-Ruud Van Nistlerooy

Well, we're here already. The final auction. And it's the goal poacher Ruud Van Nistlerooy. Nigel Pearson has fought off a host of interest to bag Van Nistlerooy. Van Nistlerooy is paraded on stage, but the audience is slowly filtering out of the hall.

Moscow FC-Karim Benzema

Moscow International-David Villa, Franck Ribery

Saturn St Petersburg- Casillas

Dinamo St Petersburg-

Novosibirik-

Nizhny Novgorod-

Samara-Arjen Robben

Omsk-William Gallas

Kazan

Rostov

UFA-Xavi

Kiev(Ukraine Entry)-

Voronezh-Rafael Van Der Vaart

Perm-

Chelabyinsk-

Volograd-Wesley Sneijder

Tolyatti-Thierry Henry

Minsk(Belarus Entry)

Saratov-Nigel Pearson

Izhevsk-Iker Casillas

We're all done with auctions now. We now head into the most hectic transfer period in the history of football. RSFL possibly got the better players at auction, but now we are about to find out just how they fare in the Transfer period. Goodnight.

update: I have finished the USFA League. It isn't very good, but it's just enough to run an experiement. I am starting the Russian league now and hopefully I can complete by tomorrow.

Exactly what I thought Rob. And Jozzer, I'm sure you've been told this before, But your grammar is pretty atrocious. If possible for everyone else's benefit on the forum who are reading your posts, please spend more time making it easy and simple to read for us by using things such as capital letters and fullstops!

Sorry to have to interupt your thread Upupup II, This is a really good and original idea, best of luck!

I agree with Plucka. 500 posts in one week is ridiculous, go for quality, not quantity.

---------------------------------

Will be interesting to see how this turns out UpUpUp, looks like a lot of work has been/will have to be carried out. I like the international warfare aspect of it, though can't see how the USFA and RFL will be battling each other as they are in different leagues?

Good luck with the this. :thup:

Update: Okay, I've had to "relegate" a few Russian clubs to the First Division. More On That soon. Also, England has disappeared off the database, so I've relocated the USFA to Spain. Lets get going!

Skysports.com transfer ticker-

Well, here we go. Th most hectic transfer period ever is on the horizon, and Liverpool have got it underway. Brazil keeper Gomes has joined the "purples" on a two-year deal. We had to wait two days for the next big deal. And boy was it a big one. Kaka has signed for Philadelphia on an extraorinary £38,000 deal. It's amazingingly low for one of the best players in the world, and rings bells of Pele's famous move to New York. We were just recovering from that deal when another masive deal came through on the same day. Cristiano Ronaldo, world player of the year, has moved to London ona £115,000 a week deal, nearly £100,000 more than his nearest rival for player of the year. It shows just how unpredictable this period could be.

10th January

The RFL has focused more on Goalkeepers. Hildebrand has gone to Perm, Palop to Moscow FC and Manuel Almunia has linked up with former gaffer Wenger. Whilst The RFL were pulling off relatively low-profile deals, another high profile one has gone through in England. Sergio Aguero, the highly-rated youngster, has become Glasgow's first major deal. A coup for one the lesser clubs in the division. Liverpool pulled off another signing too, with Esteban Cambiasso. Europe and America certainly seems the choice of the top players.

17th January

The RFL is certainly buidlig from the back. David James is next to go to Voronezh with Mickeal Landreu following with a move to Moscow International. Raul has begun his American dream with Houston, whilst Ricardo Carvalho decided to stay put at London FC. Then finally, on 21st January, Russia got it's first big boy. Juande Ramos' Tolyatti succesfully managing to link up Henry with his successor at Arsenal: Emmanuel Adebayor. The next day, Russia went bigger. Nizhny Novgorod, led by Guus Hiddink, managed to pull of the signing of Leo Messi from under the noses of Manchester and Liverpool. A massive signing, perhaps big enough to get Russia going, but by the end of the week, no other names hd been unveiled

24th January

What a day January 24th was. we woke up to the news that Andres Iniesta had signed across the pond for Philadelphia, where Wanderley Luxemburgo was working wonders for Philly. Then Didier Drogba announced he was staying in London with old buddy's Mourinho and Carvalho. Then just as we were about to settle for the night, Houston and Dublin announced that Man United pair Carlos tevez and Rio Ferdinand would join them tommorow. Maschareno signed up for Houston, whilst bazil full-backs Alves and Maicon signed for Kiev and Glasgow respectively. The window was finally in full stream, and the next day would be the most hectic yet. Sergio Ramos suprised everyone by joining Saratov, whilst Houston announced Ashley Cole, Michael Essien, Cesc Fabregas and Miguel on an outstanding day for Jim Magilton. The supposed low-budget side now had six star players on their books, but they weren't done there. The day after, Samuel Eto'o announced he was to join the new league favourites. Nizhny Novgorod announced their second "superstar", with Zlatan Ibrahimovic putting pen to paper. Former World Player Of The Year Ronaldinho was nailed by Toronto, and the day finished with our old friends Houston picking up Dario Srnja and Maxwell.

Jaunuary 28th begun as most other days had. With a Houston signing. Luka Modric this time. Later on, the Midlands picked up Deco and

Puyol joined up at Toronto, who were, like Houston, having a good window. Many deals went through on this day, with Gattuso to LA and Clichy to Liverpool. These however, were the last deals of the month

Well. January is done. The window should really be shut, but there are so many unattached superstars out there, who knows what February will bring

I have simmed upto March, and the tranfers have dried up. Most teams are reluctant to put their hands in their pockets, and despite putting Wage Budgets on max, clubs only seem to be allocating 25,000 p/w per player. The result of this is that most teams cannot put out a squad without regens and many clubs only have two or three players. Any ideas on how to cure this problem? Or else this experiement could meet an early death.

Dear Readers,

I am afraid to say that I am going to stop this experiement. It dosen't seem to be worth it. By the time the season came about, many stars were still free agents and most of the squads have been left with only two or three players. I will be starting a new experiement, one that is in the game's capabilities.

Conclusion: This experiement proved to muh for the game, as it failed to recognise that each squad was playerless and was only signing free agents as if each squad had a full squad. I'm sorry for the inconvienience caused

Archived