Tactical Opinions Needed!!!

I have had enough of making tactics which seem great, then end up being destroyed, so I am giving you the opportunity to grill this latest tactic, before the ME does, and see if you can find the faults!!

I am Real Murcia C.F., S.A.D. - predicted 4th in Liga Adelante

Formation - 4-1-2-2-1 --- GK, DR, DL, DC, DC, DMC, MC, MC, RW, LW, ST

GK -- Fabian Carini -- GK Default

DR -- De Coz/Paco Pena -- Solid defenders, good mental and physical attributes such as work rate, bravery etc. good crossing

Mentality - 5

Creative Freedom - 5

Passing Style - 5

Closing Down - 5

Tackling - normal

Forward Runs - often

Run With Ball - mixed

Long Shots - rarely

Through Balls - mixed

Cross Balls - often

Cross From - deep

Cross Aim - centre

Swap Positions - no

Free Role - no

Hold Up Ball - no

DC -- Mejia/Ochoa -- no nonsense centre-backs, good physical and mental, and tackling, marking, heading.

Mentality - 5

Creative Freedom - 5

Passing Style - 5

Closing Down - 5

Tackling - normal

Forward Runs - rarely

Run With Ball - rarely

Long Shots - rarely

Through Balls - rarely

Cross Balls - rarely

Cross From - deep

Cross Aim - centre

Swap Positions - no

Free Role - no

Hold Up Ball - no

DMC -- Guerreiro -- good physical and mental attributes, also 14 on passing

Mentality - 5

Creative Freedom - 5

Passing Style - 10

Closing Down - 7

Tackling - normal

Forward Runs - rarely

Run With Ball - rarely

Long Shots - rarely

Through Balls - mixed

Cross Balls - rarely

Cross From - deep

Cross Aim - centre

Swap Positions - no

Free Role - no

Hold Up Ball - no

MC -- Movilla/Bruno -- average physical, high passing, 15 and 16, and high creativity, decisions etc.

Mentality - 10

Creative Freedom - 10

Passing Style - 15

Closing Down - 9

Tackling - normal

Forward Runs - mixed

Run With Ball - mixed

Long Shots - rarely

Through Balls - often

Cross Balls - rarely

Cross From - deep

Cross Aim - centre

Swap Positions - no

Free Role - no

Hold Up Ball - no

LW/RW -- Capdevila/De Lucas -- typical wingers, good crossing and dribbling, flair, not physically strong except acceleration.

Mentality - 15

Creative Freedom - 10

Passing Style - 10

Closing Down - 11

Tackling - normal

Forward Runs - often

Run With Ball - often

Long Shots - rarely

Through Balls - mixed

Cross Balls - often

Cross From - byline

Cross Aim - centre

Swap Positions - no

Free Role - no

Hold Up Ball - no

ST -- Daniel Aquino -- all round striker, everthing around 13 or 14, technically, mentally and physically, skills needed for a striker.

Mentality - 10

Creative Freedom - 15

Passing Style - 12

Closing Down - 11

Tackling - normal

Forward Runs - mixed

Run With Ball - often

Long Shots - mixed

Through Balls - mixed

Cross Balls - mixed

Cross From - byline

Cross Aim - centre

Swap Positions - no

Free Role - no

Hold Up Ball - no

so that is my tactic basically, please give constructive criticism!!

ok, well I am no tactical guru or anything like that but I would say as a general rule when making tactics from scratch that people should slowly implement specific individual instructions over a period of around 10 games. This helps the team get used to the tactic and helps them gel.

If you want to know all about tactics then read TT&F '09 which can be downloaded and printed out and read at your leisure. I was the same, made my own tactics, got pi**ed off when they didn't work as I wanted, but since reading this document I understand where I am going wrong and can now put it right...simple.

If you want to know all about tactics then read TT&F '09 which can be downloaded and printed out and read at your leisure. I was the same, made my own tactics, got pi**ed off when they didn't work as I wanted, but since reading this document I understand where I am going wrong and can now put it right...simple.

Problem with that mate is that it's essentially b*******. I did read the TT&F and made a tactic that was working very nicely. Had a home and away version. Took me ages. Had to test different things, went up a few blind alleys but eventually had a reliable tactic that I did not need to use OI's with. At home I played home tactic. Away I played away tactic. If I needed a goal I switched to home. Need to defend? Switch to away. Simple. Finally the game was playable.

Then, 9.03 comes out and my tactics simply don't work anymore. So where does that leave the TT&F?

I've not suffered any problems since the 9.3 patch. If anything, the match engine improvements have actually helped me read games better in case I need to make any changes and thus has improved the effect of my tactics.

I think what happens many times, is that people start with a good basic system as described in TT&F. They then tinker with it (I'll include myself there too) and then "forget" what the original tactic was because they've saved over it with changes they've made over time. At this point, it's hard to know what's gone wrong because you've lost the basic system you started out with.

To avoid this, I keep a backup of my starting tactics, plus a copy of any amended tactics. This way I can always go back to one that worked well before.

well bascially you have both your centre mids doing the same thing??? maybe have one midfielder forward runs often while the other runs with ball often?? switch them up abit... maybe have your wingers cross aim to the back post... so even if they dont cross well still can go centre or near post.. and if goes to back.. then its an easy tap in usually..

as having a one striker your short upfront really.. and your making run with ball with no support?? maybe have him hold up ball?? but i dont really like having one up front..

but whats your team instructions?? n with this u must have pass down both flanks?? to get crosses in for your stiker??

but yeh save each tactic you tweak with..

i make my own tactics up aswell, its just knowing what to do with what. But im quite adventurous..

i like how you still try make your own tactic,, cant stand it how people try use other peoples tactics.. so keep going :)

good luck..

Archived