The Chelsea thread 2006/07 - Champions

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SarfLondonSpur:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">dammit Duffer's leaving, that sucks, although I've said he could leave for ages Big Grin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It hasnt been confirmed by either party yet though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Duff in Spurs shirt.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

you forget I have power mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bastard

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

you forget I have power mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can you change mine as well then icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Christ, shanyi even more cringeworthy when posting seriously than he is when trying to be funny :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ Mancs still sour! My bad jokes and baiting literally making the pool fools suffer for days on end! I can't wait until Chelsea annihilate you poor fools once all your remotely decent players have bogged off to Madrid- how's Kusczak doing, by the way? Preparing you for the relegation dogfight?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shanyi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Christ, shanyi even more cringeworthy when posting seriously than he is when trying to be funny :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ Mancs still sour! My bad jokes and baiting literally making the pool fools suffer for days on end! I can't wait until Chelsea annihilate you poor fools once all your remotely decent players have bogged off to Madrid- how's Kusczak doing, by the way? Preparing you for the relegation dogfight? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my eyes, my eyes, cringe.

Chelsea getting their share of morons now icon14.gif

now? mate, shanyi/joey m/poyplemonkeys/chelseablue/lampers/redrom/beffrey are fairly long-standing. they're morons, but let's not go too far and call them bandwagon-jumping morons.

well, except shanyi, he admitted he was iirc

how bout the kaka connection news icon_wink.gif

exactly what u would need another Midfielder...still since i heard mourinho in a documentary saying if he could get anyone in the world it would be kaka but it's imposible since milan can reject anymoney offer.

But with reports of him going to Real the link had to be made.

BTW the guy who put Hilario as the 2nd option forget it..he's only going there to be 3rd choice behind Carlo, Hilario isn't better than Cuddicini ffs...

So this guy Mancienne is the new 4th central defender if Huth does leave? how good has he looked for the reserves?

• Administrators

Brendan Rogers has moved up from Yoof Manager to Reserve Manager, which in essence means he's gonna be coaching the same group of players he's been with for the last two years, as our reserve team is generally an extended youth team, and a lot of the first years who came in at the same time as him will be entering their third and final year, aiming to get a full time deal.

Should be good.

• Administrators

Further news on that, and other stuff.

Former Reserve Manager Mick McGiven will now work with the first team. Former Dutch Under 21 team manager (and Under 16s and Under 17s in addition to scouting for all age groups between U14 to U19.) Ruud Kaiser is the new Youth Team Manager. His first game was a pre-season win over Luton's kids, goals scored by Sinclair, Sahar, and Saarelma.

Woods and Tejera are training with the first team.

Obi has been granted a WP.

Brendan Rogers has moved up from Yoof Manager to Reserve Manager, which in essence means he's gonna be coaching the same group of players he's been with for the last two years, as our reserve team is generally an extended youth team, and a lot of the first years who came in at the same time as him will be entering their third and final year, aiming to get a full time deal.

Should be good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that the nob who was in Football Icon?

£50m icon_biggrin.gif

If there's one thing we aren't short of, it's attacking midfielders!

Juni, any sign of Sinclair or co. coming through towards the first team (apart from Mancienne wearing 21 \o/)>|? If Mourinho's telling the truth when he says he only wants to make one more signing (I assume a left back), we must surely be filling in the extra positions with young players.

And orion, I only put Hilario as second because I never got the impression Mourinho had much confidence in Cudicini- not that I think he's a bad keeper. I've never seen Hilario play, but I don't see why Mourinho would sign him just to play in the reserves (when Pidgeley wasn't complaining).

Chelsea's policy of throwing money around will probably be great for this Italian situation, if they are offloading players then the more money they can get to cover reduced commercial deals, revenues, etc the better !

That said, i just dont see Kaka in the Prem.

Hasnt he also pretty much said he wants to go Madrid ? This damn Italian thing could help get Madrid a half decent side again icon13.gif

• Administrators

Hilário was signed as much to aid Cech's development as he was to play games. Apparently he's a very intelligent man and has a fantastic football brain and he'll probably do a bit of coaching, as Carlo has with Cech too.

Don't buy the Kaká stuff.

Youths, hmm. Mancienne yes, Diarra's development may level out a bit this season, there's a midfield jam and I dunno how much he'll play but he wouldn't have commanded a regular spot yet anyway so another year improving his game (this time under Brendan Rogers when he plays reserve games) can't hurt. Sinclair's not ready for the full squad yet, he needs a full year in the reserves. Jimmy Smith might get a few looks if we sell Duff and SWP and don't buy a new winger.

Cannavaro photographed on Roman's yacht? Have we made a concrete bid or anything? Head says he'll most likely follow Capello to Real.

Id prefer Ashley Cole to Carlos tbh, if neither then Lahm will be just dandy.

Yeah Cole could potentially be a troublesome coont, but imo he's one of the best left backs around. Bit worried about the lack of buying a centre back, but if Gallas is there with JT then im not too fussed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Boro drop Huth hint

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate has hinted the club could resurrect their bid for Robert Huth.

The Germany international defender had been set to join the North East outfit following the conclusion of this summer's World Cup.

However, the Chelsea defender collected a knock while on international duty and in turn failed Boro's intensive two-day medical.

Southgate remains keen on the burly stopper and is now waiting to see how Huth recovers before moving in on the 21-year-old.

"Unfortunately Robert reported with an injury from the World Cup," Southgate told the club's official website.

"We need to see how that clears up before we are able to proceed with it. That's the position really.

"He's back at Chelsea now. We're all disappointed we weren't able to proceed."

Meanwhile, Boro have been linked with Manchester City defender Sylvain Distain after failing to secure Huth, but Southgate is refusing to comment on the speculation.

"I don't want to be in the habit of talking about players until I'm officially allowed to talk to them or we've actually signed them," he concluded.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Administrators

I don't really believe the Kaka story - a bid of £50/70 million with: no direct quotes, little or no background, very few paper's covering the story, Chelsea always being linked with vast swathes of players etc etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

now? mate, shanyi/joey m/poyplemonkeys/chelseablue/lampers/redrom/beffrey are fairly long-standing. they're morons, but let's not go too far and call them bandwagon-jumping morons.

well, except shanyi, he admitted he was iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm neither long standing, nor a moron.

Oh my icon_frown.gif Terrible, terrible away shirt.

Everything about it just repulses me. icon_frown.gif

Wtf is going on with the collar?

The Argentine references?

That shitty wavy line?

ffs how do these sort of things get approved. At least the tangerine and grey was ummmmmm errrrr so so ridiculous as to be hilarious. icon14.gif

The home shirt has the potential to be the best ever home shirt. Whilst if that away one is true (which I doubt from other photos I've seen), it has the potential to rival the graphite and tangerine shocker.

Anyways, any price yet on the shirt?

And I just can't see Ashley in a Chelsea shirt for some reason.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by orion318:

what about this R.Carlos nonsense just because Roman's son like him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"All i want for Christmas is an ageing left-back"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

well, except shanyi, he admitted he was iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I DEMAND to be added to that list. icon_mad.gif

Still can't even consider buying that away shirt icon_frown.gif Please let Juni be right with that fakeness thing.

Tangerine and Grey >>>>>>>>>>> Argentine and Greek abortion.

Also can Ashley Cole and Roberto Carlos rumours please die. Don't like Ashley Cole and Roberto Carlos ifs now. Plus he'd want to take free kicks, fo&d Roberto Carlos.

Zambrotta or Lahm ftw!

Del Horno appears to be definitely off, just to whichever Spanish team we can mug off most. Bilbao want him back now.

He's getting a right slating on cfcnet icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought Bilbao shunned him because of his basqueness and betraying it or some such rubbish?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

Mu "source" tells me that Cole is almost certain.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

F**k me, that must be an inside source. icon_eek.gif

Del Horno appears to be definitely off, just to whichever Spanish team we can mug off most. Bilbao want him back now.

He's getting a right slating on cfcnet icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All these half arsed signings are really starting to give me the sh*ts - we might get Spurs 'revolving door' reputation before too long icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flatulant_Fox:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by orion318:

what about this R.Carlos nonsense just because Roman's son like him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"All i want for Christmas is an ageing left-back" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on after all that's happened since Roman took charge, you can't say this might not happen!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

Mu "source" tells me that Cole is almost certain.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That source being The Sun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dansco:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flatulant_Fox:

"All i want for Christmas is an ageing left-back" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on after all that's happened since Roman took charge, you can't say this might not happen! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, i didnt say it wouldnt happen?

Was merely quoting a youletide song to highlight a father buying what his son likes.

Having to explain the attempted gag takes away any remote humour in it or by future posters reading it.

Cheers btw. icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

Archived