The Chelsea thread 2006/07 - Champions

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Liverpool home and Fulham home last season, two goals which sent me and the whole stadium into raptures, to borrow a crap phrase because I can't think of an alternative. Plus his goals vs Anderlecht and Betis and Wigan.

I wanted him to stay here forever icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Liverpool home and Fulham home last season, two goals which sent me and the whole stadium into raptures, to borrow a crap phrase because I can't think of an alternative. Plus his goals vs Anderlecht and Betis and Wigan.

I wanted him to stay here forever icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was the Liverpool one where he had an equally fantastic effort wrongly ruled out, in the game Reina went mental??

Oh and Ratinho good shout even though i was thinking of chelsea apps icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

I wanted him to stay here forever icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was the Liverpool one where he had an equally fantastic effort wrongly ruled out, in the game Reina went mental??

Oh and Ratinho good shout even though i was thinking of chelsea apps icon_smile.gif

I also remember a header against Fulham a few seasons back where we won 1-0 ball in and this bullet header in top corner at Craven Cottage, dont know if anyone else remembers it. Off course his goal against Liverpool. Also goal against Portsmouth where Paulo hit a shot and it was goin miles wide and he fires the foot up to divert it in, great striker.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Yeah, I try and think outside of him curling in from miles out against us tbf. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who cares we still won :**)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">C'mon with Cole ffs, I suppose if he plays in the CL qualifier then it's a dead deal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are not playing him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flatulant_Fox:

He's in the squad so probably for if the deal falls through then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

obviouslyif he plays the deal is off

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

He's not in the squad at all. We have left him at home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he is in the squad of 25, but like Henry we have left him at home.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flatulant_Fox:

Yeah, just been going on for way too long after it became publicly obvious he was going to be a Chelsea player. No matter how badly the player and Chelsea have behaved over this deal, this makes it 10 times as bad for everyone involved including the Arsenal squad et all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what makes it 10 times as bad?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

He's not in the squad at all. We have left him at home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he is in the squad of 25, but like Henry we have left him at home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what I meant, he won't play tomorrow.

Crespo officially out now..

Can understand the deal tbf...they could have easily gotten some money out of it..and they're not bringing him back next year he'll be too old..it's like a simpaty gesture to the player but doesn't seem like a good business deal

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Yeah, we've been preparing without him for ages. The only side this is disrupting, well, isn't Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how long to you give him before he gets struck down with the Arsenal curse?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by orion318:

Crespo officially out now..

Can understand the deal tbf...they could have easily gotten some money out of it..and they're not bringing him back next year he'll be too old..it's like a simpaty gesture to the player but doesn't seem like a good business deal </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll probably sell him next year. Or maybe Inter pay us depending on how many he scores, or stuff like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

Yeah, just been going on for way too long after it became publicly obvious he was going to be a Chelsea player. No matter how badly the player and Chelsea have behaved over this deal, this makes it 10 times as bad for everyone involved including the Arsenal squad et all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what makes it 10 times as bad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the time its taking to conclude the deal, selling to a rival club isnt the best of positive dealings, add on the Cole meetings with Mourinho last season and now the slagging off of Wenger and the club over the punishment for it, would be a little easier for the fans and players to digest if the deal was done and dusted soon as, and Cole wasnt a current Arsenal player.

Yeah, he still isn't coming to us imo.

Mind you, wonder if JT, England Captain thinks Cole is utter scum too. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't, but I can now. Unless you are trying to jinx it ofc....

When players don't want to play fro you, you don't keep them out of spite tbh. Mind you, when you don't need any money or to get rid of pointless wages, it's irrelevant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How dare you take a snipe at Bogarde. Explain yourself.

When players don't want to play fro you, you don't keep them out of spite tbh. Mind you, when you don't need any money or to get rid of pointless wages, it's irrelevant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How dare you take a snipe at Bogarde. Explain yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We didn't keep Bogarde out of spite. He just wouldn't fo&d.

I don't think we are keeping Billy out of spite either. He's under contract, so he will play. Not like he will score own goals on purpose really (and because The Sun thinks he is leaving he's a steal at 5.5mil for the dream team) still going to be vital for us if he stays, which he will do according to his Dad.

Also can Cole still please f**k off but in case he doesn't can one of the Arsenal fans reading this thread let me know if Clichy will be filling in full time? (dream team again icon_smile.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Is Gallas' main problem the fact that he plays left back? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, he moaned about having to do it for France and he's been moaning every season for about the past three years about doing it for Chelsea.

Now that Crespo's gone, is it just me or is our squad looking rather... threadbare? We've only got three strikers, one of whom might be a winger (two of whom are African, which won't be fun come Cup of Nations time), which wouldn't be so bad were we persisting with the lone striker strategy but could now prove catastrophic with Drogba's dodgy injury record. Our defence, assuming Hooth will be on his way, is looking sparse as well. At left back, I read today that Bridge was astonishingly atrocious in the game vs MLS, and while friendlies don't normally concern me, I do have some reservations about him. Don't get me started on Ashley Cole. Even in midfield, we're shy one winger, excluding Joey's injury (central midfield cover is plentiful though). I'm fully in favour of bringing youngsters up, but for one I doubt Mourinho would do it, and secondly I don't think we've got ready talent 'in the right places' in our academy. Anyone else share my concern, or am I just overreacting again?

Anyone else go to the open day today?

All players were introduced to us before the start, with Willy Gallas saved until last, he got a massive positive reception from everyone.

Notes off the top of my head - Maka had his own training session away from the others.

Bridge looks like he has put on some serious muscle.

Petr looks nowhere near ready, most of his session was away from Carlo & Hilario and he really had a very light session.

Mancienne looks very big & composed with his passing at the back.

Can't wait to see Kalou, he looks really good.

Practice match was alot of fun, i saw goals from Lampard & Bridge but missed the other one as we were all cheering Makalele as he jogged past us.

The "1st" team in the practice match had a back line of Carlo in goal, Geremi at right back, Paulo on the left with JT and RC in the centre, probably means nothing but thought I'd point it out as was being discussed earlier in the page.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Indeed. He moans about Bridge but doesn't want Cole ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was complaining about Cole's attitude, not his ability. And considering how few young players we have who are ready to step up to the first team, our squad is a bit thin. Arsenal can just about cover the cracks as they've got so many brilliant youngsters, but unfortunately we haven't got that luxury yet. Of course, our expectations are so much higher than Arsenal's anyway...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Mancienne looks very big & composed with his passing at the back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really, is he very tall? I always got the impression he was sort of scraping 6'0ish, nothing exceptional.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Mancienne looks very big & composed with his passing at the back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really, is he very tall? I always got the impression he was sort of scraping 6'0ish, nothing exceptional.

I'd be suprised if he wasn't over 6', he has a real presence about him.

Gallas will wear No.3

Archived