The Chelsea thread 2006/07 - Champions

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rubbish tonight. But at least it'll be a sell out at the Bridge for my first visit in two years! Aways will always be better.

Didn't turn up tonight and it's the fault of the manager again for insisting B0llocks plays and not having enough reserves that are good.

GET RID OF SWP NOW.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonTheGTFCFan:

Cech says he's ready for a return.

Please, please, please let's have him back soon, and most of all, fully recovered physically and mentally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This will sound daft in the light of their recent defensive woes, but Cech's too crucial to rush back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Milan Baros's agent claims they are waiting to find out if Chelsea will push through a deal for the Czech international.

The former Liverpool ace is keen on securing a move away from Aston Villa, and a number of clubs from across the continent are considering moves.

However, Baros's representative Pavel Paska says they are waiting on Chelsea to make a move - although a deal could be dependent on a bid for Shaun Wright-Phillips.

"Aston Villa are not willing to release Milan until they get an adequate replacement," said Paska.

"They would like to bring in Shaun Wright-Phillips, but they have not reached an agreement so far.

"That is why the talks will continue in the next week."

It remains to be seen whether Wright-Phillips, who has already shunned West Ham, would accept a move to Villa - with Newcastle also known to be keen.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">TERRY REMAINS ON SIDELINES

Posted 11/01/07 07:24EmailPrintSave

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has claimed captain John Terry is still some weeks away from a first-team return as he attempts to recover from a back injury.

England skipper Terry had hoped to return to the starting line-up for Saturday's Barclays Premiership clash with Wigan as the champions aim to get back to winning ways following three successive league draws.

But after the disappointing 1-1 draw at Coca-Cola League Two club Wycombe in their Carling Cup semi-final first leg, Mourinho indicated that Terry would still be sidelined for some time.

"John had surgery, he is recovering from that, but he is not ready yet," Mourinho said.

"We have a lot of problems, because Ashley Cole and Claude Makelele face suspensions, and I do not see Terry back.

"There is no timescale on John. The only thing I know for sure is that he will not play against Wigan on Saturday.

"I am not a doctor. John is not fit to train with the group. He is not in my collective sessions yet, so he is out for the weekend."

Mourinho hopes to be able to welcome back Dutch winger Arjen Robben for the visit of Paul Jewell's team, but is still without midfielder Joe Cole as well as goalkeepers Petr Cech and Carlo Cudicini, while Ashley Cole misses out through suspension.

Mourinho also revealed his frustration at his limited options - but claimed he would not be strengthening his squad in the transfer window.

Asked whether he had identified players he would like to sign - but had been told they would not be arriving - Mourinho responded: "Yes, that is the situation. I do not have to tell you the reason.

"They are club reasons. This is our situation at the moment. I hear nobody is coming in, and if nobody is coming in, nobody can leave.

"I cannot let a player go, even if he is a player I think should go, because we are very short of options and numbers.

"It is not choice - it is not my club. I am just the manager."

Wycombe boss Paul Lambert hailed his players for keeping the tie alive, but was under no illusions about the size of the task awaiting his team at the Premiership champions.

Lambert - a Champions League winner with Borussia Dortmund in 1997 - said: "The players were terrific.

"I thought our win at Charlton earlier in the competition was exceptional, but this exceeded it. I am as proud as anything of the players.

"This has kept the tie alive, but it will be a mammoth job for us at Stamford Bridge. It will probably be the toughest game the lads will play in their lives."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FFS

• Administrators

Most people think Neil Barnett is a tit tbf, but I can't believe such a big deal has been made of it icon_biggrin.gif

Mickey Fillery was the half time guest and as he got to the Macclesfield fans on the walk around they piped up 'who are ya?', so Barnett retorts 'oh come on, you ARE macclesfield'

bit of banter from the guy, ofc we're classless, let's forget JM waiting and shaking every Macclesfield player's hand and inviting them into our changing room post game for souvenirs and the like.

I fuuucking hate journalists

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

From what Jose is saying it looks certain that he's going. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

give me quotes to back up this SENSATIONAL breaking news

I think a SWP swap for Baros would be a great deal for us, obviously. I dont think you'd be too bad either really, SWP has been awful for you and you dont seem to be awash with strikers.

SWP is a terrific player, he's just had his confidence ripped to bits.

Having said that, I dont think you'll let him go until the summer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atvkwkad:

bloody hell, a sudden flurry of posts in the Chelsea thread - wonders never cease. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People saw me post and assumed there would be something funny to read.

Sorry to let you all down.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

"I would have hoped there would be more crosses in the air for me to score from," Ballack moaned. "At Munich the tactics were similar but there were far more crosses."

Ballack says he expected the width in Chelsea's formation to come from the full-backs marauding forwards, as he was used to at Bayern and as Ashley Cole, in particular, did at Arsenal.

But, he says, that has not been the case.

"The game we play is slightly different from what I was used to. The full-backs do not press forward as they did at Bayern.

"And if we sometimes change and play with forwards on the wings, they are the type of players that like to get the ball into the box and try to score rather than pass it on.

"That situation makes it more difficult for me to play to my strengths, like heading the ball into the net."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cole and Geri got forward last night, we had two wingers, no Lampard, and an opponent 70 odd places below us

What's your excuse now you useless twat?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

"I would have hoped there would be more crosses in the air for me to score from," Ballack moaned. "At Munich the tactics were similar but there were far more crosses."

Ballack says he expected the width in Chelsea's formation to come from the full-backs marauding forwards, as he was used to at Bayern and as Ashley Cole, in particular, did at Arsenal.

But, he says, that has not been the case.

"The game we play is slightly different from what I was used to. The full-backs do not press forward as they did at Bayern.

"And if we sometimes change and play with forwards on the wings, they are the type of players that like to get the ball into the box and try to score rather than pass it on.

"That situation makes it more difficult for me to play to my strengths, like heading the ball into the net."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cole and Geri got forward last night, we had two wingers, no Lampard, and an opponent 70 odd places below us

What's your excuse now you useless twat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was thinking that as header after header of Ballack's ballooned up in the air or into the ground or miles wide.

He is without doubt the problem for our poor form this season. Sell him to inter or something.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nuts:

Mourinho is becoming a cartoon of himself.

How the **** can you imply that you didn't get the players you want after spending that many millions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When they turn out to be useless, uninterested ***** like SWP and Ballack?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Probably shouldn't have signed them then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly the point. nuts was saying: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> How the **** can you imply that you didn't get the players you want after spending that many millions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clearly we didn't get the player we wanted if he turns out to be gash.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedRob:

But Ballack and SWP aren't useless, they're just not performing for you.

He identified them, and the club forked out vast sums of money for both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you SEEN swp play over the past six months. I seriously could do a better job than him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Probably shouldn't have signed them then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly the point. nuts was saying: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> How the **** can you imply that you didn't get the players you want after spending that many millions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clearly we didn't get the player we wanted if he turns out to be gash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh? icon_biggrin.gif

You wanted SWP, and you got him.

Thus, you got the player you wanted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedRob:

But Ballack and SWP aren't useless, they're just not performing for you.

He identified them, and the club forked out vast sums of money for both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you SEEN swp play over the past six months. I seriously could do a better job than him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't make him useless. Sure it hasn't worked out for you, but put him in basically any other team in the league, give him a run of games and i'd be very suprised if he didn't star for them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

nah, we got the body. The player was left in Manchester. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, got the whole thing.

You should have just listened to me in the first place, instead of your officials going 'OMG he's quick and had a good season !!!1'

Walrus correct. Although afaik, Ballack especially was a signing Jose really wanted. And anyone could tell he was coming here to wine, dine and pick up his cheques. Basically said that on arrival.

With that argument Mourinho only has himself to blame for signing such a useless player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No complaints about that comment.

But it is a fact that despite our gazillions of pounds we haven't got the players.

-----------------------------

How ironic that people were criticising for us spending too much now that we aren't spent we are also getting criticised!

-----------------------------

How ironic that people were criticising for us spending too much now that we aren't spent we are also getting criticised! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif 'You' are not getting criticised for NOT spending. Chelse/Mourinho are getting criticised for spending an obscene amount of money and still complain about not having the player you want.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

How much did we spend on Ballack given that he's the player in question? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£130k/week iirc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

How much did we spend on Ballack given that he's the player in question? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

130k a week iirc, and quite a large sum of signing on fee.

Only thing worse than people moaning about Chelsea's money are Chelsea fans getting defensive about it.

Archived