The Chelsea thread 2006/07 - Champions

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Mark Nicholls was fb, he goal a goal in the SIX ONE, AT THE LANE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No way he deserve a place in our all time 11 though..

I'm going to post my best Chelsea 11 but it will look different as it's based on players that I've seen in my life. I really don't feel able to judge the likes of Osgood etc from just a few highlight reels. Cheated a bit in midfield with 4 central players but that's how we play now so.....

GK - Carlo Cudicini - Did the job for us before we had money and for the cost of him has been unbelievable. I believe with our current defence in front of him he would have been just as capable as Cech proved to be with that clean sheet record and if not then damn close. Includes fb penalty saves against Arsenal.

RB - Dan Petrescu - Was our rightback when I first started following football religiously week in week out. Was good defensively and never afraid to get forward. I liked him lots.

LB - Graeme Le Saux - How ever didn't get more England caps before Cashley's era is beyond me. People pointed to his temperament but I think he got 1 yellow and no reds in 35+ England games. Also an attacking wingback which I do like to watch icon_smile.gif

CB - Marcel Desailly - Pretty much the first truly world class player I saw at Chelsea in his ability, his reputation and what he'd achieved in the game. Utter rock at the back which our defence was based on for years.

CB - John Terry - Centreback the hardest position for me to choose. With the likes of Le Bouef and Gullit to choose from I still went for JT. Chelsea means everything to him and that's what I love to see on the field.

MC - Dennis Wise - Not many, if any bigger legends that Wise at Chelsea. Captain, always had a cheeky smile and enjoyed his football but you could tell he was a bastard. Lifted the last FA Cup at the old Wembley \o/

MC - Roberto Di Matteo - Such a shame injury ended his career early. Just really good at everything really. Always looked like he'd be uber cool off the pitch too, guess that comes with being Italian. 42 seconds icon_cool.gif

MC - Gustavo Poyet - I absolutely love this guy. God knows how many languages he speaks, all I know is he arrived on the end of so many crosses with perfect timing and generally contributed in many ways to the Chelsea I loved watching so much. Zola and Poyet both fb.

MC - Frank Lampard - 160+ consecutive league games in the centre of midfield at the best club in the league. Nobody has done that before, let alone performed as consistently well as Lampard did throughout. Doesn't score deflected goals and I couldn't gaf how he plays for England. Meant it.

FC - Eidur Gudjohnsen - So under rated for us by pretty much everyone. We made him the fb player he is today and he more than paid it back on the pitch. I can see people's arguments for selling him saying he wouldn't fit in but imo the answer is to fit him in. Ballack hardly setting the world alight. Drogba can't play alone up front so we need a backup. One. Three.

FC - Gianfranco Zola - Best. Player. Ever. Flair, skill, loved palying the game. I honestly don't believe any foreigner has brought more to the English game. Sure Henry maybe better but he's a sulky twat. Sure Cantona maybe better but he attacks fans and has a rubbish temperament. Can't imagine Zola ever doing either of those things. One. Two.

All linkage worth watching tbqh. We were so amazy icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

ChelseaTV top tens rock, they've also got a feature online where you can search for pretty much any Chelsea Premiership goal

Harley vs Watford \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did have the Zola top 10 but I've lost it icon_frown.gif How much is this online feature Juni? Sounds like something I could spend days playing with.

Until anything is proven there's no case to be heard, and there's no discussion. End of.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you please convince mr Mourinho of this piece of wisdom? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Chelsea midfielder Mikel Jon Obi has apologised to Blues boss Jose Mourinho to try and heal a rift between the two.

Obi is understood to have angered Mourinho with his poor attitude in training, and met Mourinho with his agent John Shittu.

The 19-year-old has not featured in a Chelsea squad since being sent off in his Premiership debut at Reading.

He reportedly apologised for his behaviour and Shittu assured Mourinho there would be no repeat.

Obi arrived at Chelsea in June in a welter of controversy, after the Blues won a £16m tug-of-war with Manchester United for the talented teenager.

Manchester United believed they had a pre-contract agreement with Obi, who later claimed he had been pressured into signing it, and really wanted to join Chelsea.

An agreement was struck which saw Chelsea agree to pay United £12m for withdrawing their interest, and £4m to Obi's Norwegian club, Lyn Oslo.

Chelsea boss Mourinho hailed Obi as among the best young players in the world when he began training with the Blues in June.

Obi eventually made his Premiership debut for Chelsea at Reading on 14 October, but was sent off for two yellow card offences.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can see him going out somewhere on loan, not sure where or why

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Police are investigating death threats made to the Reading players involved in incidents in which Chelsea keepers Petr Cech and Carlo Cudicini were injured.

Ibrahima Sonko and Stephen Hunt have received a series of letters at the club's Arborfield training ground.

Thames Valley Police said: "The club is helping us with our inquiry and the matter is being investigated."

A Chelsea spokesman added: "There is nothing to suggest these threats came from genuine Chelsea fans."

According to the Reading Chronicle newspaper, one letter said: "We are going to kill you for what you did to our players."

Reading players treated the first letter as a joke and pinned it up on the door of the training ground dressing-room.

But when subsequent letters arrived, players were told to treat the threats seriously and the club called in the police to investigate.

Cech is not expected to play again this season after sustaining a fractured skull in a first-minute collision with Hunt in the game at the Madejski stadium.

Cudicini needed oxygen after being stretchered off in a last-minute collision with Sonko, and only recently returned to action.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho hit out at Hunt's challenge, but neither Hunt nor Sonko faced any sanction from the Football Association.

Winger Hunt, on international duty with the Republic of Ireland, said: "The club is dealing with all my letters and I don't want to say any more."

Sonko confirmed he had received a letter but made no further comment.

Chelsea's spokesman added: "Naturally, we condemn any threats of this nature and we will assist the police fully if - and we stress if - there is any evidence linking theses threats to any of our supporters."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMGZ, CHELSEA R CLASSLESS LOLZ

I blame Phil btw

\o/ More Poll stuff I heard today....

When John Terry went off the pitch for treatment against Spurs the 4th official told him to come back on, then the ref told him to go back off again so he did, then when he finally got back on Poll called him over and said "I don't care what my assistant said, you're supposed to wait for my signal. Don't come running onto the pitch and talking to me like that. It's not your game. I'm the ref!"

Tard

• Administrators

For anyone going to the game tomorrow

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

In a clear attempt to dissuade West Ham from travelling, Transport For London have issued the following travel warning for Saturday 18th November and Sunday 19th November.

Travellers are advised that there will be NO District line trains running between Whitechapel and Earls Court on the above mentioned weekend. This is part of an effort to stop the WHU Pikeys from the East End and Essex coming to wonderful West London, thereby devaluing the neighbourhood.

This will undoubtedly cause excess traffic around the Stamford Bridge area of West London due to the number of WHU Pikey caravans that will be heading in from the east of the capital.

Residents living in the immediate vicinity of Chelsea Football Club are asked not to encourage the said WHU Pikeys, and should refrain from purchasing any so called "lucky heather".

If, however, you can afford a small carrot for their horses this will be actively encouraged.

Please do not risk inviting any of the visitors into your homes. They are likely to either want to rob you or stay for longer than you desire.

In conjunction with the above piece of advise, the local authorise will be ensuring that all large spaces in the area will be rendered inaccessible in an effort to stop West Ham supporters setting up encampments.

People in desperate need of shovels should contact Hammersmith and Fulham Council's parks department who will oblige by removing any manure to the local parks.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Is Michael Essien unstoppable? Three West Ham players were booked in a six minutes period on Saturday for fouling him. It was the period during which he also hit the post.

Fourteen players have now been booked for fouling him this season. That is more than most players experience in a whole season. We have to go back to 1995/96 and Mark Hughes’ first season to find a player suffering substantially more than that, and at his current rate Michael will pass Hughes’ total by Christmas.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Essien is ridiculously good.

So onto Bremen away, where a point puts us through for sure, and more probably wins us the group. Team news is that Lampard is suspended, Kalou and Carvalho are injured, and of course, Cech is out long term. With Manchester United on Sunday, I think we're going with this

Cudicini

Geremi

JT

Boulahrouz

Bridge

Makelele

Essien

Ballack

Robben

Cole

Drogba

Justifying it: Geremi is undroppable, regardless of need of him to play at OT, he's played 3 in a row, scored, 3 assists, and clean sheets in them all, you can't just remove him, whatever the situation. Bridgey gets a game, we go to two wingers because Lampard is out, and Drogba plays because he's top CL scorer, and Shev isn't. Plus Shev centering the 4-5-1 is untried and probably not successful.

Same team as Juni imo but Makelele out for Shevchenko. When a win pretty much guarentees us the top spot I don't see any need to go to a 4-5-1. With Sheva also coming back from injury, even though it was a little while back, and his partnership with Drogba getting better than ever continuity is the most important thing. Geremi undroppable and I'm enjoying his form more than most after campaigning for him to start since day one.

Makelele to be rested as he is a cert to start at OT imo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Bournemouth have completed the loan signing of Simon Gillett as they bid to fill the void left by three players returning to their parent club Chelsea.

The 21-year-old midfielder arrives at Dean Court from Southampton until January having engaged in successful talks with Cherries chief Kevin Bond.

Gillett has previously garnered experience of first team football whilst on-loan at Walsall and Blackpool earlier in his career.

Bond has been quick to bring in reinforcements after deciding not to extend the loan spell of Chelsea's French winger Frank Songo'o, who failed to impress in his three League One appearances.

Bournemouth were, though, eager to retain the services of another Chelsea duo, Jack Cord and Ryan Bertrand, who are both now to return to the champions.

Bond admits it is a major blow to lose the talented duo, but thanked Chelsea for allowing their brief sojourns on the coast, hopeful that they may one day return.

"When Jack and Ryan go back, it will leave us with a big hole and we wouldn't be able to replace them until the new year so I am mindful of trying to do something about it before Thursday," he told the Bournemouth Daily Echo. "It is a major blow.

"I would like to thank Chelsea for allowing them to come here because they have both done very well for us. If there comes a time when Chelsea feel it would be appropriate for them to go out again, we would love to have them back." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From SSN. Songo'o plays for Pompey ffs.

• Administrators

Cav, do stats!

OK, now we can look forward to the United game Sunday. If we play like we did last night, we'll get smashed, we missed Lampard so much.

Injury worries - Carvalho, Ballack, Drogba, Kalou. I'd expect the middle two to play, Kalou will probably not make it back, Ricky, who knows.

Carlo, Geremi, JT, Boulah, Cole, Maka, Ballack, Essien, Lamps, Drogba, Sheva. Picks itself really.

Mon a 3-0 really.

Come one magic box icon_mad.gif

Carlo

Geremi Terry Boulahrouz Cashley

Makelele Essien

Ballack Lampard

Sheva Drogba

which I now realise, having re-read Juni's team is exactly the same. If we play like we did for the last 15 against Tottenham and against Watford and Aston Villa it's going to be a ffb match.

Drogba at fault for goal and Boulah gets my vote for Man of the Match. I do the dream team in The Sun with a few mates and it's clear they hate Boulahrouz icon_biggrin.gif How on earth they thought he played a 4/10 game last night I don't know.

ok!

The 2006-07 Chelsea, Champions of England © Statistics - after tactically losing

Appearances:

M. Essien (20)

D. Drogba (18/2)

F. Lampard (18/1)

J. Terry (18)

R. Carvalho (17)

A. Shevchenko (15/1)

C. Makelele (14/2)

M. Ballack (14)

A. Cole (12/1)

A. Robben (10/5)

K. Boulahrouz (10/3)

P. Ferreira (8/2)

W. Bridge (8/1)

P. Cech (8)

N. Geremi (7)

C. Cudicini (6/1)

H. Hilario (6)

S. Kalou (3/13)

J. Cole (3/7)

J. Mikel (3/6)

S. Wright-Phillips (2/9)

L. Diarra (0/2)

Goals:

D. Drogba 14 (8 EPL, 5 CL, 1 CC)

F. Lampard 7 (5 EPL, 1 CL, 1 CC)

A. Shevchenko 4 (3 EPL, 1 CC)

M. Ballack 3 (2 EPL, 1 CL)

M. Essien 2 (1 CL, 1 CC)

R. Carvalho 1 (1 EPL)

J. Cole 1 (1 CC)

N. Geremi 1 (1 EPL)

S. Kalou 1 (1 CC)

C. Makelele 1 (1 EPL)

J. Terry 1 (1 EPL)

Assists:

F. Lampard 6 (3 EPL, 2 CL, 1 CC)

M. Essien 4 (3 EPL, 1 CC)

W. Bridge 3 (2 EPL, 1 CL)

D. Drogba 3 (3 EPL)

N. Geremi 3 (2 EPL, 1 CC)

J. Terry 2 (1 EPL, 1 CL)

M. Ballack 1 (1 CC)

A. Cole 1 (1 CL)

S. Kalou 1 (1 CC)

A. Robben 1 (1 EPL)

A. Shevchenko 1 (1 EPL)

Penalties:

F. Lampard (2/3)

M. Ballack (1/1)

Penalties saved:

H. Hilario 1/1 - conceded by D. Drogba (1 EPL)

Penalty wins (blatant dives?):

S. Kalou 2 (2 EPL)

D. Drogba 1 (1 CL)

J. Terry 1 (1 EPL)

At fault for goal:

R. Carvalho 5 (4 EPL, 1 CL)

K. Boulahrouz 3 (2 CL, 1 EPL)

D. Drogba 1 (1 CL)

+1 for Spurs' first goal, TBD

Clean sheets:

P. Cech 4 (3 EPL, 1 CL)

C. Cudicini 4 (3 EPL, 1 CC)

H. Hilario 3 (1 EPL, 1 CL, 1 CC)

P. Cech, C. Cudicini & J. Terry TAG TEAM COMBO 1 (1

EPL)

Failed to score:

Werder Bremen (away) CL

Yellow Cards:

J. Terry 5 (2 EPL, 3 CL)

M. Ballack 4 (4 EPL)

J. Cole 4 (1 EPL, 2 CL, 1 CC)

D. Drogba 3 (2 EPL, 1 CL)

F. Lampard 4 (1 EPL, 3 CL)

R. Carvalho 2 (2 EPL)

J. Mikel 2 (1 EPL, 1 CL)

K. Boulahrouz 2 (1 EPL, 1 CC)

P. Cech 1 (1 EPL)

M. Essien 2 (1 EPL, 1 CL)

P. Ferreira 2 (2 EPL)

S. Kalou 1 (1 CC)

C. Makelele 1 (1 EPL)

A. Shevchenko 1 (1 EPL)

A. Cole 2 (1 CL, 1 EPL)

A. Robben 1 (1 CL)

Red cards:

M. Ballack 1 (1 EPL)

J. Mikel 1 (1 EPL)

J. Terry 1 (1 EPL)

MotM (official):

M. Essien 4 (3 EPL, 1 CL)

D. Drogba 3 (1 EPL, 2 CL)

C. Makalele 2 (2 EPL)

K. Boulahrouz 1 (1 EPL)

W. Bridge 1 (1 EPL)

A. Robben 1 (1 EPL)

J. Terry 1 (1 EPL)

No Chelsea player 4 (2 EPL, 2 CL)

OTF's Chelsea player of the match ©:

D. Drogba 4 (3 EPL, 1 CL)

M. Essien 4 (3 EPL, 1 CL)

K. Boulahrouz 3 (2 EPL, 1 CL)

F. Lampard 3 (1 EPL, 1 CL, 1 CC)

A. Shevchenko 2 (2 EPL)

A. Cole 1 (1 EPL)

A. Robben 1 (1 EPL)

Minute of goal scored:

0-15 - 4 (4 EPL)

16-30 - 5 (4 EPL, 1 CL)

31-45 - 5 (4 EPL, 1 CL, 1 CC)

46-60 - 9 (5 EPL, 3 CL, 1 CC)

61-75 - 6 (3 EPL, 2 CL, 1 CC)

76-90 - 6 (3 EPL, 3 CC)

90+ - 1 (1 CL)

Minute of goal conceded:

0-15 - 1 (1 CL)

16-30 - 2 (1 EPL, 1 CL)

31-45 - 1 (1 EPL)

46-60 - 3 (2 EPL, 1 CL)

61-75 - 1 (1 EPL)

76-90 - 3 (2 EPL, 1 CL)

90+ - 0

HT/FT result:

L/L - 1 (1 CL)

L/D - 1 (1 CL)

L/W - 0

D/L - 1 (1 EPL)

D/D - 1 (1 EPL)

D/W - 5 (3 EPL, 1 CL, 1 CC)

W/L - 1 (1 EPL)

W/D - 0

W/W - 10 (7 EPL, 2 CL, 1 CC)

Lampard Deflected Goals Watch:

Deflected - 1

Not Deflected - 6

Highest League Position: 1st

Lowest League Position: 7th

Current League Position: 2nd

Run of League Position: 2, 7, 4, 4, 3, 1, 2,

2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Upcoming Fixtures

Manchester United (away), English Premier League, Sunday 26/11, 4.00pm, Sky Sports

Bolton Wanderers (away), English Premier League, Wednesday 29/11, 8.00pm, Sky Sports

Levski Sofia (home), UEFA Champions League, Tuesday 05/12, 7.45pm

Arsenal (home), English Premier League, Sunday 10/12, 4.00pm

Newcastle (home), English Premier League, Wednesday 13/12, 7.45pm

Form: LWWWL

Highest Attendence: 45,999 (Chelsea V

Barcelona 18th Oct 2006. 1-0) xD

Lowest Attendence: 32,135 (Chelsea V Werder

Bremen 12th Sep 2006. 2-0)

Average Attendence: 41232 Capacity: 42,055.

Capacity fulfillment: 98.04%

Ref Watch

Mark Clattenburg - Chelsea Games Officiated: 2,

Chelsea Yellow Cards: 4, Opponent Yellow Cards: 5

Mike Riley - Chelsea Games Officiated: 2, Chelsea

Yellow Cards: 5, Opponent Yellow Cards: 5, *Two

Chelsea Red Card*

Mark Halsey - Chelsea Games Officiated: 2, Chelsea

Yellow Cards: 2, Opponent Yellow Cards: 4

Graham Poll - Chelsea Games Officiated: 2, Chelsea

Yellow Cards: 5, Opponent Yellow Cards: 6, *One

Chelsea Red Card*

Howard Webb - Chelsea Games Officiated: 2, Chelsea

Yellow Cards: 3, Opponent Yellow Cards: 3

Steve Bennett - Chelsea Games Officiated: 1,

Chelsea Yellow Cards: 1, Opponent Yellow Cards: 3

Alan Wiley - Chelsea Games Officiated: 1, Chelsea

Yellow Cards: 2, Opponent Yellow Cards: 1

Phil Dowd - Chelsea Games Officiated: 1, Chelsea

Yellow Cards: 2, Opponent Yellow Cards: 2

Martin Atkinson - Chelsea Games Officiated: 1,

Chelsea Yellow Cards: 0, Opponent Yellow Cards: 2

Mike Dean - Chelsea Games Officiated: 1 Chelsea

Yellow Cards: 1, Opponent Yellow Cards: 4

Kyros Vassaras - Chelsea Games Officiated: 1,

Chelsea Yellow Cards: 4, Opponent Yellow Cards: 1

Laurent Duhamel - Chelsea Games Officiated: 1,

Chelsea Yellow Cards: 1, Opponent Yellow Cards: 1

Frank De Bleeckere - Chelsea Games Officiated: 1,

Chelsea Yellow Cards: 1, Opponent Yellow Cards: 3

Stefano Farina - Chelsea Games Officiated: 1,

Chelsea Yellow Cards: 6, Opponent Yellow Cards: 4

Lubos Michel - Chelsea Games Officiated: 1, Chelsea Yellow Cards: 1, Opponent Yellow Cards: 1

Archived