Can't score goals away [screenshots]

Hey, can anyone please tell me "how to" score more goals in away matches?

Look at my home/away/total tables.

Home: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2067/000home.jpg

Away: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6317/000away.jpg

Total: http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/655/000total.jpg

My goalscore counting every match: 66-15 (25 matches) (most of my goals was scored at home)

As you can see - at home everything is perfect, but away I have problems with my goal scoring. I simply don't score enough goals - defensively it's going well as you can see on my all of my screenshots. My four losses was 0-1, 0-1, 0-2 and 0-2 - I'm sure that I can avoid losing these kind of matches if I score more often in away matches, where I atm do create shots (about 15 every away match).

Typical away match: http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1171/000typ.jpg

But I don't know what else to do. As for tactics I have an attacking, defensive and a balanced one. I use them all both home and away, but on away I'm usually more cautious for obvious reasons.

What do you suggest I do?

18 shots that must be most of your shots are long shots. That results in two things: either it is off target, or is powerless and easy for GK to save.

I have noticed it takes a very talented player or a very crap GK to score a long shot in FM09...

Try to instruct your players long shooting to rarely.

After my season winter break I improved my balanced and defensive tactic so I got 5W 1D 1L.

In these two tactics I did:

1) (very embaressing) I ticked ON counter-attacking - I forgot to do it before!!!!!!

2) I now use "Use target man" with these two tactics with "run onto feet"

In my 5 away wins I didn't even concede a goal. I think I had a total goalscore of 14-2 or something like that.

I hope this can help you guys who have trouble on away games

what are the basic factors what make a succesfull away tactic?

I would say

- use deep d-line

- use counter attacking

- tight man mark for all defenders

Something like that... Anyway, I used many of crouchinho's (spelling) "Simplicity" tips.

18 shots that must be most of your shots are long shots. That results in two things: either it is off target, or is powerless and easy for GK to save.

I have noticed it takes a very talented player or a very crap GK to score a long shot in FM09...

Try to instruct your players long shooting to rarely.

I'm the opposite.

I've scored from 6 Long Shots, and I've played only 10 games into my season.

I've scored 31, or something very similar.

Ivan Rakitic, and Elano have scored 3 each, from over 20 yards out...

Anyway, if you are Copenhagen, I would suggest playing with 2 strikers, a Defensive Midfielder, and 3 Central Midfielders.

Playing Narrow, Direct and Time Wasting one notch to the right of normal(i.e. 11).

Or, alternatively, play with 1 striker, 1 AMC, 3 CMs and 1 DM.

Keep the DM to Forward Runs at rarely, and Hold Up Ball.

If you play 3 Central, have one at FWR Rarely, one at Often, and one at Mixed.

If you play with 3, only one central, then play the two wide men at FWR Often, and the central man at Mixed.

Don't use Counter-Attacking, or Play Offside.

Have one of your Strikers Mentality at about 8, and the other at 12.

Set one to FWR Rarely, and the other at Mixed.

If you have one of your strikers as FC, then give him a Free Role. Don't give both a FR, though.

Play a Defensive Line pretty much at 'Push-Up'. By this, I mean right before Push-up, but not onto it.

Because you have a DM, you shouldn't get caught out. Unless all of your Defenders and DM are slow...

I hope that helps. ;)

Alternatively, I could upload my away tactic, which is very similar to what I just described...

Archived