Tacties for Wingers (FM08)

Anybody got any ideas for the best tactic when your best players by far are your two wingers. AML and AMR

I thought it may have a 4-3-2-1 but this didn't work.

Team: Dagenham and Redbridge

Wingers: Deividas Česnauskis & Saulius Mikoliūnas

I use a flat 4-4-2 and my wingers are very attack minded, and more often than not win my teams player of the year award, cos they consistantly top the league in assists, and always score over 10 goals a season each.

I used to play them as normal midfield/winger settings, but found they never did much consistantly until I changed one setting on them, and now they consistantly perform great in every match.

I changed them from Crossing the ball often to crossing the ball mixed, and now they still run to the byline to cross, but also have added another dimension by now cutting inside and getting themselves in scoring positions inside the box.

So maybe try these settings- Forward runs mixed-run with the ball often- cross from byline-cross ball mixed.

and have them on a pretty high attacking mentality.

If you do try this , please let me know how it goes, as I would like to know if it is these settings making my wingers play great or just the overall tactic i'm using.

Archived