9.3.0 strikers scoring?

maybe is written somewhere here but they are to many posts and i will appreciate if someone can tell me some things

what about striker issue,we all knew that strikers was low on scoring,their percentage of making out clearout chances were very miserable - what about that now,is it better?

in earlier editions of game my strikers had sometimes 50 goals per season in this edition my record is about 25....okay i know that it is more real but there was no possibility to have many goals and it is known that sometimes strikers have beautifuls season.

other questions is what about tactics,is it hard like before to make a good,consistent tactic?

thank you all in advance

thank you SI for making my weekand happy))

I never had an issue with my strikers not scoring, if you did then it was a tactical issue. Look through my Sheffield United project to see my strikers scored plenty.

It makes sense that the more CCC's you create the more you'll miss. Plus you have to judge what sort of CCC's they are, some are better suited to being scored than others. If it's a CCC header yhet your striker isn't good with his head, then he was never going to score it was he?

You cans till be consistent and keep it simple, but don't go changing things for the sake of it and you need to adapt it every so often depending on the opposition.

tnx cleon for your response....

aboout strikers,uhm...yeah they can score but i feel no dominant performances.

for example,

on fm 08 gyan scored 61 goal in season and now my record is villa with 25,26

you know what,i like it this way,its more real but only to have some feeling about striker dominancy that he can solve the game for me,i didn't get that feeling but like you have said it's maybe tactical issue

if you can tell me (i know that depends about other variables about tactic) somebasic settings about sliders on two or one striker? ( maybe put me you sheffield link)

also,what do you believe - is it better to play with one or with two strikers?

or in this game all depends about your team geling with tactic which is great

tnx and sorry for maybe some grammar errors, i'm from croatia

cheers:)

edit - i found sheffield it was easy huh:)

i have seen enough screenshots to suggest that this patch will please those who complain about the lack of goals.

Played friendlies and scored minimum of 4 goals. I just beat AA Gent 10-0 in CL while typing this. This patch have some serious issues.

1. Friendlies are not really normal results that you can count, AI doesnt play them seriously.

2. There were tactics with 9.2 that resulted in winning goal bonanza vs equal teams. E.g. Last season I had lots of results like 5-4, 4-1, 3-5 with a team tipped for relegation(finished 8th and scored only 4 goals less than league leader).

So having 3 to 5 goals a match was not a problem. I think not scoring is an issue of players suitability to tactics you use. (As I myself has games with some tactics that wasnt able to score from 8 CCC).

i've had an terrible time with my strikers, at man utd my first season strike force was berbatov, rooney and tevez... and between them they managed a pathetic amount of goals.. in the end berbatov was so bad i sold him and brought in aguero... but he endured the same terrible panic infront of goal... i was constantly required to berate them publicy and whilst they agreed they were playing "nowhere near good enough" it didn't stop them going on to gain a 5.3 every game in the month. perhaps its something to do with my coaches.. but i have a high stars amount on shooting and attacking.. and its not as if they are bad players.. any hints?

i've had an terrible time with my strikers, at man utd my first season strike force was berbatov, rooney and tevez... and between them they managed a pathetic amount of goals.. in the end berbatov was so bad i sold him and brought in aguero... but he endured the same terrible panic infront of goal... i was constantly required to berate them publicy and whilst they agreed they were playing "nowhere near good enough" it didn't stop them going on to gain a 5.3 every game in the month. perhaps its something to do with my coaches.. but i have a high stars amount on shooting and attacking.. and its not as if they are bad players.. any hints?

I'm having the same problem with Berbatov. He hasn't scored for 3000 minutes now and even misses changes I would have scored with my eyes closed. :confused:

I'm having the same problem with Berbatov. He hasn't scored for 3000 minutes now and even misses changes I would have scored with my eyes closed. :confused:

Sounds to me like your strikers aren't recieving any support from the midfield area. Check your menaltities, are the midfield too far away from the attacK? Do you leave your strikers pretty much alone? Have you given your strikers enough creativity?

Do you tell them to run forwards often or do you get them more involved in midfield play.

Have you given Rooney/Aguero a free role? These two guys have creativity and flair in bundles. They'll win matches given enough freedom.

Have you made sure that your chances are mostly created on the ground and not in the air? Bar Berbatov you really don't have any strikers who can score in the air.

Is their morale poor? Is your reputation too low for them to acctually respect you?

If you have your reputaiton set to automatic you'd be better off letting Welbeck, Campbell, Macheda etc play, as they will acctually respect you and listen. The big stars do not believe you're good enough.

can you tell me exactly what to do...

i play with valencia,4231 wide..very good results,i have many chances scoring 3,4 goals per match but my striker wont score....

it's april

my best striker is balotelli with 8 goals,keirrison 7 goals and gignac 6 goals....

i play low tempo,wide style of play,short passing,and changing on d-line

(taken some cleons advices,works well)

i like to play with quich,devilsh striker and not a strong one....

mine amc and wingers (aml amr) are..on medium run and forwrad run (sometimes both to often) with free role and attacking mentallity

i put my sliders on striker,run to ball often,forward run medium and everything else is on rare...

what to do to distribute a ball to striker?

maybe,target man and distribution run to ball...

maybe to change sliders on midfilders and amc?

any help,tnx:)

Yes indeed.

I have noticed the issue that not only won defenders started to score more, but also opposition defenders are scoring much much more from corners. It have been almost the safest option for opposition to let have a corner, now it became a real threat....

My strikers score quite a lot actually. In my last game I won 4-0 with Benzema scoring 2, Kunert (regen striker) scoring 1 and Balotelli scoring 1. I'm using the sexy football tactic which is still a 9.2 tactic. It's still working well but not as well as before.

That is a rare occurrence in my games, Balotteli scoring, he never delivered for me or any other team.

i use 3 strikers , Owen-Vagner Love- Lewandovski/Xisco, i want Vagner Love to score loads:D but what do i do to make the other strikers pass him the ball so Vagner can score ?

Through balls, lower mentality, no long shots, passing to direct. Theese are things to try for your 'supporting' strikers.

Im Blackburn and i cant get my strikers to score! any ideas:D

There are a number of things that could help your strikers score. For instance, make one (or both) a target man to ensure the team attempt to pass to him more, lower/raise his creative freedom (if it looks low, bring it up, if it looks too high, bring it down), make sure the gap between midfield and striker isn't too wide, make one of your strikers a support and the other a goalscorer, do whatever makes them hit the back of the net.

I've noticed that scoring goals is a major problem if your strikers are not good enough in 9.3.

This is to be applauded as before anyone could bang them in .. and it is doubly piqued by the advent of proper defenders!

Now you can create 5 ccc a game and miss them all if your front men dont have composure, finishing and balance etc.

I've been dominating teams like Arsenal have, but have lacked the killer touch in front of goal and it cost me my job in my first 9.3 career ...

simply dont know what to do

i'm not newbie in this game..i play it from 99/00 series

but never had problems like now with strikers

i have in my team..keirrison,balotelli,gignac..playing with one striekr..

i dont want to make him a bridge between midfield and attack i just want to make him a poacher,man who can be my best scorer,cca 40 goals per season but it is quite impossible

can anybody tell me how then to put sliders on striker(s) because it seems that it is a big enigma for me:confused:

the situation when he picks up the ball,runs with it and aim the opposition goal..it's not happening to me now

It's a total opposite for me. I took over Betis before the season and now we're scoring on average 3 goals a game (mostly strikers). We were projected to finish somewhere in the middle, but after 7 games we're on top of La Liga with no losses and a win against Barcelona. Corner kicks have indeed become a major threat with this new patch. It goes both ways though. Get a tall striker with good heading/jumping stats and he'll score quite regularly for you with this patch.

As for defending corner kicks and crosses, get good and TALL central defenders and make sure that they man mark opposition's tall strikers. This won't completely neutralize the treat but at least will limit the damage.

you play with two guys forward?

can you tell me in shorts notes how you put their sliders?

tnx

I always play 4-4-2. Passing and speed vary depending on the pitch type and weather conditions. Basically I follow this guide: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=90566

Strikers have everything on mixed.

One striker is tall, the other is a speedster.

The tall striker sometimes has 'hold up ball' checked, the speedy shorter guy is on free role.

I have the tall striker challenge the goalie on corner kicks, while my two central defenders attack the posts.

Also, my free kicks are set up to the best header, which is my tall striker.

When I play at home and especially against weak opposition, I also 'activate' fullbacks - run with the ball and run forward both set to 'often.'

Archived