** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the tactics is great, I got great results with it, the only problem is that any team that I play against Dominates most of the game, no matter home or away, even smaller teams. is this correct????

Code could you tell us your approach to team talks please (especially pre match) do you give one? , just i'm having a few problems with Wolves in the prem using version 4 especially defensively you seem to be flying, also is Podolski the striker with the backward arrow?

Thanks.

Code could you tell us your approach to team talks please (especially pre match) do you give one? , just i'm having a few problems with Wolves in the prem using version 4 especially defensively you seem to be flying, also is Podolski the striker with the backward arrow?

Thanks.

I'm using tyler's approach also. I think the strong company through the team is a big factor, so make sure your players blend well together, this gave me insane results - especially for the defense. I assigned 12 friendly matches in Pre-Season I think with friendly matches between some games only to make sure they blend well together. Also it is important to have a strong striker on the left, because he has much heading opportunities in match.

I play with PSV Eindhoven.. Played 11 games in the Eredivisie. 9 win, 1 drew(NEC) and 1 loss(Heerenveen). Win against Feyenoord(2-0). Scored 19 goals and only conceded 4 goals.

Number 2 AZ is 7 points behind me :)

In Champions League i draw a poule with Manchester United, Olympique Marseille and Fiorentina.

Started with a 1-0 win against Fiorentina. Loss 1-4 against ManU, 1-1 and 0-3 loss against Marseille.

In Dutch Cup two easy games. 5-0 against the reserves of Ajax and 3-1 against first divisions FC Eindhoven

hmm tyler can u ans to my post #801? i tink i have ask that question abt 3 times already.. thx..

Sorry xiaoicy but I answered you quickly the 1st time and forgot to put the link in that I put in the post above. Have a read through that first. This proves that world class ST's will get a maximum of 1 goal in 2 games, while most others will get 1:3 or 1:4 goal ratio. I have tried many different variations with my tactics for the 2 forward players and have found these stats to be true. I will continue to try to make a tactic that the ST can score more, maybe 1:1. However, I don't know if this is possible with the limits SI have placed on the ST's scoring. What I would say is that my tactics create a lot of chances for the MC's to score. So try to play MC's who have good long shots, finishing and composure. If you look at Lampard and Gerrard's goals over the last 4 seasons, it shows that the MC's can actually be the top scorers. Hope this helps xiaoicy.

Hi,

I will make a summary of my save with Benfica (January 09), which have obtained great results, using Tyler_bode v4 táctic:

Transfers:

transf0809.jpg

Summary of matches:

resumojogos.jpg

Portuguese League:

ligaclassifjan.jpg

UEFA Cup-Group E:

benficauefagrupoe.jpg

26 games, all victories;

76 goals scored;

9 goals conceded

Amazing no??

Congratulations and thank you Tyler_bode.

for home difficult game, i use v4 or v5???

I would say always start with V4 home and away. If you are losing in 2nd half, try V5. Some have had great comebacks doing this. V4 is the original and best overall, but V5 has a place when losing or being outplayed by superior opposition.

I am currently using this tactic (v4) for Milan.

Before starting the season, I really thought this tactic makes a lot of sense when you look at it.

I don't know because most people have success with this tactic seemingly instantly, in my case it always have take me a while for my team to really get used to it and succeed. For example in 9.0.1 I was managing liverpool with a tactic (role-theory I think?) it took me a whole season and then some to become the dominant team in the league.

So, so far in this Milan, things also did not start off in a good fashion. I'll admit this Milan squad was not that suited for 4-4-2, for example they don't even have wingers to begin with. However, I pulled some transfers and got a few players. Most notably Cani who could be a good winger, and Ronaldinho plays the other winger. Yes I know they are not technically wingers but really, they are technically good enough to play wingers with ease. i also got Owen to bolster my strike force.

Long words short I will get into the matches. I will roughly describe what are some common scenarios.

1. First off a problem same as others have start to appear (I think Aachen-something i think? sorry mate forgot your name) The problem is that the MCs stay TOO far back and REALLY do not attack opposition midfield with the b-arrows on them. This causes all sort of problems as the AI midfield run riot. AI score some ridiculous long range piledrivers. And this happens on a regularly enough situation to really F me over all time.

My solution to this? I remove the b-arrows and make MC close down a bit further. This really seems to solve the problem.

2. My left ST absolutely does not score ( or does anything much for that matter lol) I mean I have played Pato, Owen, Boriello, Inzaghi in this position and they flopped so badly that i feel its a shame to have such talented individuals play such useless role.

What it is, is that the left ST stay too close to the AI Centerback, and therefore cannot do anything with a ball when they receive ( which they rarely receive). My FC Kaka, though is performing very good, scored 19 goals in 23 apps, and the reason he scores is that he drops back to receive the ball, and his dribbling allows him to get past defenders, but the thing that make him perform so good is his preferred moves. Placed shot make him shoot to the corners of the goal, try long shot + killer ball often make him do perform one touch longshots all the time which he scores alot of them.

So far I have no idea how to fix my striker force, I mean it was not for Kaka's amazing attributes ( and the fact that he actually fit perfectly into this role) I really think Milan will get owned so bad. (Currently I am in 6th in serie A and didn't even make past UEFA cup group stage)

So I was wondering if anyone has faced similar problems? and if so can Tylerbode or anyone can help me to see if there is any solution to my problem? The main thing Iam look to solve is how to make my ST score? I mean honestly I have tried alot of settings but none of them worked. Maybe someone know a setting for ST from other successful tactics and maybe can help me? Also I hope I could start a discussion on the MCs not pressing enough with their b-arrows, because if ur team have all the possession then make b-arrows work, but if they manage to retain possession you're really screwed.

thanks a bunch,

So I was wondering if anyone has faced similar problems? and if so can Tylerbode or anyone can help me to see if there is any solution to my problem? The main thing Iam look to solve is how to make my ST score? I mean honestly I have tried alot of settings but none of them worked. Maybe someone know a setting for ST from other successful tactics and maybe can help me? Also I hope I could start a discussion on the MCs not pressing enough with their b-arrows, because if ur team have all the possession then make b-arrows work, but if they manage to retain possession you're really screwed.

thanks a bunch,

Hi SIunit. Thankyou for you're feedback. As you have said so many people are having success with this tactic. However, I'm sure me and others will help you to share in this by overcoming some of the problems you seem to be having. Ok, firstly can you send me the first 11 of you're team. Also have you updated to 9.3.0 and have you followed the opening post guide closely?

Cheers

Hi SIunit. Thankyou for you're feedback. As you have said so many people are having success with this tactic. However, I'm sure me and others will help you to share in this by overcoming some of the problems you seem to be having. Ok, firstly can you send me the first 11 of you're team. Also have you updated to 9.3.0 and have you followed the opening post guide closely?

Cheers

Yes, My starting lineup is:

Gk: Abbiati

DR: Zambrotta

DL: Janvuluski

DC(L): Nesta

DC ®: Senderos

ML: Ronaldinho

MR: Arteta/Cani

MC: Flamini

MC: Pirlo

ST: Owen/Inzaghi (Pato out injured)

FC: Kaka

As you can see my first 11 is not bad at all. I am using the 9.3.0 version. Everything in the opening post was followed except for the b-arrows on the MC for reason as I mentioned earlier it gave too much room to opp. midfield. I think most of the time the tactic work quite well in the fact that i usually get more possession and such. The main problem though is the only person scoring is Kaka in the FC role, if he is out then nobody can seem to score (and I more often than not lose the game). Many games I was able to win or draw only because of the corner trick where my DC head in a goal. What I would like though is to make the strikers score regularly.

thanks for the response.

thx for ur advice n guide for my question.. i saw ur topic and i get what u mean.. but sometime low rating make my ST/FC perform much weaker.. they suffer from goal drought for at least 300 min to 500 min or more.. haha...

got a question

whats with the two barrow mc ?

can amc or those pure mc excel in them ?

&

can my strikers(position=striker) play in the barrow FC role ??

those MC with b-arrow in my view is just for helping out in the defending if u r facing difficult away game or against those strong team... AMC and MC or even DMC with long shot can excel into the MC position... as MC in tyler r those who score alot then ST/FC. anyway u can check on the OP for more information..

and for ur 2nd question, ST can play in the FC position.. as long as they fit into the optimized requirement posted in the OP as well...

hope this can help u abit..

thx for ur advice n guide for my question.. i saw ur topic and i get what u mean.. but sometime low rating make my ST/FC perform much weaker.. they suffer from goal drought for at least 300 min to 500 min or more.. haha...

There definately seems to be a problem for the left ST in FM09. No matter what I do, he has poorer rating than the right ST. I could play Aguerro on the left and a player like Dean Windass would get a better rating with exactly the same instructions!

hi Tyler. is it possible to train Kaka to an FC and use him in the AM/FC possition? tnx

Ive managed to retrain Steven Gerrard to play that position. Kaka should be great in that position. Someone else managed to retrain Lampard as well.

wow... really excited about the new tactic...

Also I have a question about the MC...

Both MC are defense minded right? so I think it is better to have MC/DMC players playing in the MC spot rather than MC/AMC players. Or am I wrong?

For example would Veloso MC on the left) and Flamini (MC on the right) work good together?

Btw using V4 and V5 if loosing as instructed in OP

wow... really excited about the new tactic...

Also I have a question about the MC...

Both MC are defense minded right? so I think it is better to have MC/DMC players playing in the MC spot rather than MC/AMC players. Or am I wrong?

For example would Veloso MC on the left) and Flamini (MC on the right) work good together?

Btw using V4 and V5 if loosing as instructed in OP

An AMC, MC or DMC can do the job as it calls for players who are allrounders. Eg. Cahill, Fazio, Skjelbred, Pirlo and Lampard could all play in MC. Attributes are the main thing.

An AMC, MC or DMC can do the job as it calls for players who are allrounders. Eg. Cahill, Fazio, Skjelbred, Pirlo and Lampard could all play in MC. Attributes are the main thing.

Flamini has:

Passing 18

Tackling 18

Positioning 17

Teamwork 20

Work Rate 20

Long Shots 16

In theory according to your OP he would be suitable for the MC spot.

Btw I am Juve beginning of 4th season so money ain't a problem.. I just want a world class player at the MC spot to fit your tactics.