** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which would you suggest for doncaster in patch 9.3?

Current best players:

GK Ben Foster, Preston Edwards

D Matt Mills, Sam Hird, Ben Parker, Gareth Roberts, Adam Lockwood, Jake Picton, Jos Van Nieuwstadt, James Gibson, James O'conner

M Brian Stock, Martin Woods, Pitu, Thomas Kind Bendiksen, James Coppinger, Boudewijn Zenden, Richie Wellens

F Paul Heffernan, Christian Vieri, Shefti Kuqi, Kieren Agard, Bradley Wright-Philips,

Which would you suggest for doncaster in patch 9.3?

Current best players:

GK Ben Foster, Preston Edwards

D Matt Mills, Sam Hird, Ben Parker, Gareth Roberts, Adam Lockwood, Jake Picton, Jos Van Nieuwstadt, James Gibson, James O'conner

M Brian Stock, Martin Woods, Pitu, Thomas Kind Bendiksen, James Coppinger, Boudewijn Zenden, Richie Wellens

F Paul Heffernan, Christian Vieri, Shefti Kuqi, Kieren Agard, Bradley Wright-Philips,

Hi Stothy. Thanks for trying the tactic. Sorry but this is the tactics forum. Be better to ask in player forum.

Hi there Tyler, needless to say i'm another person who is happy using your v6, First season in the EPL with Cardiff and i finished 6th, got in the UEFA cup, just need to get rid of some dead wood and get a few more quality players.

Tyler, you might not mind, but to all those people who keep asking stupid bloody questions, who should i play where, what changes should i make at half time if a dog has run on the pitch, should i give Ronaldo Spaghetti hoops or alphabetti spaghetti before a match? For christ sake try things, if it works, great, if it doesn't, try something else, try using your initiative, we're taking advantage of tylers hard work by using his tactic, isn't that enough?

Tyler, where should i play Pele in this tactic, upfront or in midfield? Or should i play him at all considering his advice in regards to my erectile dysfunction hasn't helped a bit?

But anyway, thanks Tyler, thanks for coming up with a tactic i couldn't possibly have come up with, good work fella

I just want to second what furq has written. Great tactic and this tactic does need time to work, could be up to 30 games, especially for away form to improve for certain teams.

Let's have no more tyler I've gone one nil down in the first minute of my first pre-season friendly, I'm Vauxhall Motors and my opponents are AC Milan, what would you suggest i do? type posts please!!!

Hi there Tyler, needless to say i'm another person who is happy using your v6, First season in the EPL with Cardiff and i finished 6th, got in the UEFA cup, just need to get rid of some dead wood and get a few more quality players.

Tyler, you might not mind, but to all those people who keep asking stupid bloody questions, who should i play where, what changes should i make at half time if a dog has run on the pitch, should i give Ronaldo Spaghetti hoops or alphabetti spaghetti before a match? For christ sake try things, if it works, great, if it doesn't, try something else, try using your initiative, we're taking advantage of tylers hard work by using his tactic, isn't that enough?

Tyler, where should i play Pele in this tactic, upfront or in midfield? Or should i play him at all considering his advice in regards to my erectile dysfunction hasn't helped a bit?

But anyway, thanks Tyler, thanks for coming up with a tactic i couldn't possibly have come up with, good work fella

Totally agree...tyler can give you the tactic but he can't play the damn game for you aswell. Finding players is easy enough, hes even provided the vital attributes for this tactic.

Anyway, Lavezzi and Johnson are back and I followed your advice with lowering the mentality. Its working great at the moment, giving that I'm Fulham with a somewhat weaker squad. Results are turning around. Since altering the mentality I've gone from 17th to 14th.

I lower it down about 3-4 notches depending on how hard they are.

I'll post up my final season standings later, only got a few games to go.

Thanks again tyler, persistence has really pulled off!

Hey Tyler

Decided to have another go using your V6 Tester Tactic with Wigan in a brand new game.

Our Media Prediction was 16th - Here is the Final Table

wigantableseason1.jpg

Absolutely brilliant and with a little more luck in the last few games we could have actually nicked 5th.

I'm actually a little way into the 2nd season now and things have not gone as well as last season, despite bringing in much better players with the £31M the Board gave me to spend(for qualifying for a European spot i guess?)

In the first season i brought in 10 players and we were "operating well short of a unit" yet started the season with W 9 D 5 L 1

In the 2nd season i brought in 8 players and we were "players blending well together" and started W 6 D 4 L 5

I'm hope you realise i am NOT blaming your tactic in the slightest, this looks like exactly what happened in my West Ham save that i stopped playing.

When this happened in my West Ham save i was told that it was because teams were playing differently against me in the 2nd season due to overperforming?

Well, in my 2nd season at Wigan my Media Prediction is 10th which just happens to be the same as West Ham's Media Prediction in season 1, yet i had a great season with West Ham when predicted 10th, but struggling with Wigan with the same Media Prediction?

Surely if Media Prediction is a factor then teams should be lining up very similar against me in my predicted 10th spot with Wigan as my predicted 10th spot with West Ham? the only difference is that in my Wigan game its the 2nd season as opposed to the first.

This tells me there is a bigger underlying issue here than re-ranking, the evidence suggests that depite the big denial, the AI DOES actually become wise to your tactic, which CAN then render it useless.

Hi Tyler!!!! I´m using the piranha with my juve and I like it a lot, won serie A, and I´m in the semi final of the champions cup. I use it more in my home games, but it worked as well in some away games.

Hi i started a new game with manchester city using automatic career setting so some world class players like robinho have problems motivating themselves for me. I also brought in 11 new players at city and they all have blending and language barrier problems. Still this didend prevent my team to start the season with 5 wins in matches i dominated for most of the time, 1 result including a match against man united that got beaten 4-2. So or else i am extremely lucky or the blending doesent have a big impact on performance.

Overall impression is that this tactic absolutely destroys weaker teams. If you have superb wingers then you will see them do all kinds of stuff, cut inside to deliver the ball to the CM's for long shots, sometimes they even cut outside and then back inside through the back and scoring a goal themselves, you will also create many corners and if you have good header CB's you will score often on the corners.

Only downside is that your vulnerable to long shots in the back.I will keep you informed.

lol wtf, just played aston villa at home and won 4-1, i have had 23 chances and 6 ccc's and you will never gues who scored those 4 goals.Micah Richards did, all headers and all from corners.

Well i finally got beaten in the league cup against Newcastle playing away from home. Came 2-0 down at half time, both goals from Owen. Second half i used the "i want to see more from you" teamtalk and then they started playing better even though we suffered another goal due to a mistake from richards. Still they continued to play well and they scored 2 goals unfortunatly not enough to turn the tide.

Before the match started i was slight underdog. Maybe the tactic needs some adjustments for hard away matches, anyone any advice plz?

Well i finally got beaten in the league cup against Newcastle playing away from home. Came 2-0 down at half time, both goals from Owen. Second half i used the "i want to see more from you" teamtalk and then they started playing better even though we suffered another goal due to a mistake from richards. Still they continued to play well and they scored 2 goals unfortunatly not enough to turn the tide.

Before the match started i was slight underdog. Maybe the tactic needs some adjustments for hard away matches, anyone any advice plz?

Thanks for all the feedback mate. There are instructions for tough away matches in the Opening Post.

Hi Tyler,

Finished my 1st season as Newcastle and finished 5th... 1 pt behind 3rd & 4th so I feel unlucky.

New season, and these are my transfers:

ttp://img222.imageshack.us/img222/9415/transferss2.jpg

So, very optimistic about the season ahead.

Will update as I progress!

So are you saying that you put everyones passing as the same and just change depending on opp pitch size?

Also when you say Ass man instructions are you talking about closing down and weaker foot? Thanks

Hey,

Yes to both. Closing down I apply only to the players that are in the role of a playmaker ( no. of key-passes), and sometimes to attacking FB.

picture3sjy.jpg

Beat relegation which is what I was told to do since the media though I would go down.

The fact I didnt have Lavezzi and Johnson 5 months didn't help either.

Shifting lots of dead wood post season and I'll show you my new signings.

tyler which version should i use for teams like hampton & richmond (conference south) or cowdenbeath ( scott 3rd lig) or any lower league teams?

I'd try V6/Piranha. For me V6 is the best tactic from all of the versions. Its really the evolution and culmination of the previous 5 of this series.

I've given up on this....

Thanks for your help but 3 seasons buying the correct players and following this thread and still not producing good results?

This tactics isnt good for me just like everything else in FM09.

FM08 please.

Bye

im playing with spurs and with regards the prefered player move training if they have something which is not on the OP should you tell them to stop doing it? or doesnt it make a difference. Thanks

e.g. defoe - likes beat offside trap.

Changed about 10 games into the season to v6 after playing a modified v4 or v4 (can't remember which, but had 1 st set as a amc) and have finished with a late season run itno winning the league as everton. I am in trouble now as none of my players want to resign contracts

I've found it hard to find a wide selection of players with attributes above 15 in each category and i'm playing in the EPL. Have you found that you have to adjust it a lil bit and hopefully they improve with training? Should I maybe adjust and look for players with atleast 13 for each attribute. For example i'm looking for a DC and I can't find anyone in my price range with 15's in Positioning, Jumping, Concentration, Pace/Acceleration should I tone it down to 13? Hope that makes sense.

I've found it hard to find a wide selection of players with attributes above 15 in each category and i'm playing in the EPL. Have you found that you have to adjust it a lil bit and hopefully they improve with training? Should I maybe adjust and look for players with atleast 13 for each attribute. For example i'm looking for a DC and I can't find anyone in my price range with 15's in Positioning, Jumping, Concentration, Pace/Acceleration should I tone it down to 13? Hope that makes sense.

Adjust the filter slightly. Begin with 14 and so on. Then there should be a longer list with players in your price range. If you cant find what you are looking for then simple adjust to 13. Its very rare that players have 15 on all the attributes. But by doing the adjustment you should find more players.

Good luck.

Enes Sipovic, David Prieto or Vadim Demidov are decent signings if you need some help :)

Tyler i need your help...its all gone wrong.

Season 1 I finsihed 3rd with Newcastle, runners up in league cup and semi finalof FA

Harper

Beye Colochini Taylor Rat

Galleti Barton Nolan jonas

Martins Lavezzi

Lavezzi was awesome but wanted to leave all season and kept missing training x5 so he got fined each time.

anyway - season 2 all fallen apart

Sold Martins for 12 million (didnt really have the stats), Owen went (not paying 124,000 a week)

Harper

Diode (your hull right back) Collochini, Taylor Rat

Galleti Barton Nolan Buonette

Giovinco Albin or Ewerthon (all three match the stats needed and play FC)

Lavezzi is very poor and wants to go

Fleck not performing

I put colochini captain

anyway poor this season.

w1 d2 lost 9,

out of league cup

strikers not scoring

what have I done....gone from title challenger to 14th with no sign of improvement

Hi Tyler

Which version would you recommend for Barca with following team?

Buffon

Dani Alves

Guardado

Chiellini

Zapata

Messi

Ronaldo

Mascherano

Fabregas

Balotelli

Eto'o

Does the advice for player attributes, team talks, player roles apply to all versions of your tactic or just Version 6???

Thanks

Hi Tyler

Which version would you recommend for Barca with following team?

Buffon

Dani Alves

Guardado

Chiellini

Zapata

Messi

Ronaldo

Mascherano

Fabregas

Balotelli

Eto'o

Does the advice for player attributes, team talks, player roles apply to all versions of your tactic or just Version 6???

Thanks

Hi Ashley. I recommend V6. Messi, Eto'o and Balotelli could all play up front. The OP applies to all tactics. However should you play a big TM, the ST attributes would be different.

Remember that some attributes are and/or. Eg, pace and/or acceleration.

im playing with spurs and with regards the prefered player move training if they have something which is not on the OP should you tell them to stop doing it? or doesnt it make a difference. Thanks

e.g. defoe - likes beat offside trap.

The above PM is fine as are many others. As long as PM's don't contradict. Eg. DC 'gets forward whenever possible'. In that case you would replace with 'stay back'.

Playing as Bolton,

League cup: Dearby 0-1 Bolton...won in last minute of extra time

Bolton 3-5 Arsenal...Was 5-0 down but still played quite well

Premiership: Bolton 2-2 Everton...Everton were currently 3rd so not a bad result

Bolton 0-1 West Brom...didn't rely have a decent shot on goal. West brom dominated

middlesborough 1-0 Bolton...again the same as the West brom game

Bolton 1-0 Arsenal...best game with this tactic dominating the game

Man Utd 2-2 Bolton...played well seeing man utd are top

Newcastle...3-0 Bolton...Played awful

Bolton 2-1 Sunderland...won but sunderland dominated

Overall: Good tactic now and again but just not consistent enough for me. Got some great results but then some just simply not so great. Any pointers were to improve anywere were to improve it a little as i seem to do well against the better teams and then not as good against the teams i should really be beating...?