Knap FM09 Patch 9.3 Tactics

I dont get how you say you have 101 pts. Is this tactic just loaded, then you go on holiday?

That is exactly what he does (unless you've changed from FM08 Knap). Yes its a flawed testing methodology- but on the other side of the coin it does make it exceptionally easy to compare tactics and how much success you can have without tinkering at all (ie for a player that doesn't like the frivolity of stuff like OI, Team talks, tactical-tinkering)- its a pretty good testing methodology if you think about it.

Surferosa

Although I use holiday mode as part of testing, it is in essence the same process as FM08 which produced the "Oxford" tactics and immediately identified a tactic that performed a bit above average Kimz.

I think it's a good enough way of testing a tactic and the ones I've used created by knap have been good. I think knap requires a tactic to produce 100 points or more with Chelsea before it's released and that's quite a high requirement I noticed when I tried to create a tactic of my own using the holiday method.

/JB

Surferosa

Although I use holiday mode as part of testing, it is in essence the same process as FM08 which produced the "Oxford" tactics and immediately identified a tactic that performed a bit above average Kimz.

@knap

I think in holiday mode ass man implements his own tct, not yours.

(not sure 100% about holidau mode, but at least in friendly matches he does so, so I assume he would do so in holiday mode also)

Surferosa

I know: I wasn't criticising- I was defending ;) As we have discussed before, I use a similiar method of testing- although I dont use holiday mode (but I do compare tactics in essentially the same way- although its formation v formation in 1 match rather than the performance of 1 formation over a season).

As I said, if you don't tweak game to game (or in game) or use specific OI / teamtalk instructions- its the best testing methodology you are going to get :)

@knap

I think in holiday mode ass man implements his own tct, not yours.

(not sure 100% about holidau mode, but at least in friendly matches he does so, so I assume he would do so in holiday mode also)

In the holiday options screen, there is a checkbox to 'use current tactics': check that and he'll use your tactics.

In the holiday options screen, there is a checkbox to 'use current tactics': check that and he'll use your tactics.

Not true, the ass. manager will use your tactic but if needed he will tweak it (if you check match report you could see it yourself), of course the better your Ass. manager is, the better your tactic will perform. ;)

Not true, the ass. manager will use your tactic but if needed he will tweak it (if you check match report you could see it yourself), of course the better your Ass. manager is, the better your tactic will perform. ;)

Means he will apply thoose advises about closing down/tackling/showing foot only, or change formation/sliders settings?

knap, I got 103 points with the 106pts 9.2 tactic. Scored 98 and let in only 17. That is without ever tweaking it during games. So it still seems to work. Haven't tried it with weak team though.

btw, one thing I noticed is that the MCs get really tired during games... I'm still using darkstarr 9.2 training.

Means he will apply thoose advises about closing down/tackling/showing foot only, or change formation/sliders settings?

If you pay attention you could read sometimes a message like this "x team changed to a more defensive/attacking formation"

I think your Ass. manager tweaks some sliders in team general settings (d-line, tempo, time wasting etc...)

Of course the starting tactic have to be quite solid to be successful this way.

Hi knap,

I did upgrade though I didn't plan to at first so I also downloaded the 9.3 tactic of yours. I think you've in most case have played the DM to the right but now my ass.man places the DM on the left in the reserves game so I wonder if this was a one off or if you've changed them around for 9.3?

Cheers,

Johan

Outrun

You may be right and I will have to check as I have many tactics. If this is case update to 9.3 version.

Butros

I'm actually using the Spurs tactic with Lpool (not holiday) to see how the TM instruction works with Torres, so not using the team tactic at moment.

Usually Essien the more DM player in Chelsea squad is on right and IMO the "farrow" works better this way round

This tactic is very good! This is my results:

(Champions League) Olympique de Marseille - FC Copenaghen 5-3 WIN

(Ligue 1) A.S. Nancy Lorainne - Olympique de Marseille 0-3 WIN

(Ligue 1) Olympique de Marseille - A.S. Saint-Etienne 2-0 WIN

(World Club Cup) Osaka AC - Olympique de Marseille 0-5 WIN

(World Club Cup) Los Angeles Galaxy - Olympique de Marseille 0-2 WIN

[sorry for the bad english, but i'm italian]

Knap...

Oh master! Oh wise tactian!

The 9.0.3 Knap 101 pts is awesome...

Im playing FC Porto, only got Molinaro, Gusev and Adrien... 1st season...

Lost Supercup to Sporting (superteam...what a midfield...)

After that:

League: Pld 23 Won 20 Drw 2 Lost 1 GS 72 GA 14 ------- 72 Gls in 23 Games in the league...!!!!!

Europe...went trough group fase in second, though group with Man Utd, Juve and Anderlecht

Beat Juve 3-0 and drwaed in Old Trafford 2-2! the rest was normal winning two games vs andelecht and loosing away at Juve and home to man Utd (had half team injured)

Just beat benfica 3-0 to win the League Cup!

All seanson record so far:

41 Official matches: 119 GS and 35 GA (have to sort the goals conceded part, maybe with a new CB to partner Bruno Alves)

Bruno Alves, with corner trick has 37 Games 28 Gls!!!! is leading team as best goalscorer... he was chosen in the world best team eleven!

Gr8 Tct man!!!!!

Thank you!

Knap...

After that:

League: Pld 23 Won 20 Drw 2 Lost 1 GS 72 GA 14 ------- 72 Gls in 23 Games in the league...!!!!!

Europe...went trough group fase in second, though group with Man Utd, Juve and Anderlecht

Beat Juve 3-0 and drwaed in Old Trafford 2-2! the rest was normal winning two games vs andelecht and loosing away at Juve and home to man Utd (had half team injured)

41 Official matches: 119 GS and 35 GA (have to sort the goals conceded part, maybe with a new CB to partner Bruno Alves)

Bruno Alves, with corner trick has 37 Games 28 Gls!!!! is leading team as best goalscorer... he was chosen in the world best team eleven!

Gr8 Tct man!!!!!

Thank you!

did u tweak the tactic when u were on away matches or being an underdog?? or u just leave it as it is?? thx mate..

Very impressed! First game I used this as Sunderland at Anfield at won 2-1! Quick question on the MC's though, as discussed in the thread I have left my DMC on the right hand side (and he scored!) but it looks tailor made for an AMC. Can someone explain to me why the AMC is playing on the left and the DMC on the right?

Che

I always use Ass Man for team talks.

samuel

You tend to score more with if AMC has farrow but can lose more games, wheras a box to box DM works well on right and your AMC hangs back more as playmaker. Whichever way round works best for you and your squad.

Knap...

After that:

Gr8 Tct man!!!!!

Thank you!

Update:

Finished season...

Won domestic treble...

Won league in the last game doing a home demolition against benfica 5-1!!!!

League pld 30 won 26 draw 2 lst 2 GS 95 GA 19 omg!!!!!!! (95 scored in the league!!!!)

Overall season scored 146 gls in 50 Oficial games!!!!!! Bruno Alves finished season with 35 goals!!!

Knap...

Sorry for my bad English but i have a question about what you said. The corner trick is that already in this tactic or an own trick? If it is an own trick can you explain how to create in my tactic.

Thanks!

Scoring from corners depends upon your players available.

For Challenge GK use best player at heading jumping and bravery and a player high in corner taking to deliver ball. Best utilisation of your players, so you will need to consider your squad together with how the tactic corner set up works for your squad.

I loved your 9.2 tactics, but since 9.3 i can't get any results. i was laying in 1st place with afc wimbledon (2025 or something, talented but quite young team), 10 matches to play, since patch release and after applying this tactics i haven't won a single match and finished 7th. quite frustrating, do you think i have to start a new game to make it work?

messi

The patch applies to tactics and I'm testing with 9.2 games. However, I am not certain how a patch effects player attributes as these have also been changed and coach stars. Also not sure how a patch effects a mid season game. Hopefully the new season may get you back on winning ways.

As a general rule I would not patch mid season if winning. so I would not use Steam. It could just be pressure of final run in.

Copy tactic into FM09 tactic dir, it will then appear under archived tactics in game.

Variations are very likely.

Topping league atm with Lpool and the Spurs tactic in other thread. This uses a TM with run onto ball. I therefore hope to add a few more interesting variations.

Archived