My gk wants 2 be a fwd!!!

every other game my gk (d.james) allways goes up for the corner 2 try and get a goal! this wuldnt be so bad if i was losein but he only does it when im winning. last time he did it i was winnin 5-3 and readin got a goal from 75 yards out.

is there somethin im doing wrong (if so how can i stop him) or is it a bug?

every other game my gk (d.james) allways goes up for the corner 2 try and get a goal! this wuldnt be so bad if i was losein but he only does it when im winning. last time he did it i was winnin 5-3 and readin got a goal from 75 yards out.

is there somethin im doing wrong (if so how can i stop him) or is it a bug?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonnyd2100:

is there somethin im doing wrong (if so how can i stop him) or is it a bug? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try to lower his mentality and try to post in english please

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonnyd2100:

is there somethin im doing wrong (if so how can i stop him) or is it a bug? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ***think*** that when you click on tactics>attack corners settings, his settings for attacking corners will probably say "default". I'd change that to "stay back" so the fella will never go up for corners. If you're losing with 5 mins to go, you can always change it back to default of course.

Hope that helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

Depending on how you say it, either a comma or a full stop were appropriate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you wanted to talk like Stephen Hawkings you would.

Weirdo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

I thought it was a forum rule that posts have to be in English. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are there any rules against unhelpful and snide posts like this one? People who do this really are the scum of the forum

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roofel:

I thought it was a forum rule that posts have to be in English. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are there any rules against unhelpful and snide posts like this one? People who do this really are the scum of the forum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A whole thread dedicated to it. 'These Forums' at the top of the page. I would suggest Mike7077 takes a look at it.

To the OP. It's usually down to tactics rather than a bug. Try looking at his personal tactics and see what his sliders are set at.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

To the OP. It's usually down to tactics rather than a bug. Try looking at his personal tactics and see what his sliders are set at. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A bug is exactly what it is, and an old one too. I'm surprised it's still around, or maybe they fixed it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roofel:

are there any rules against unhelpful and snide posts like this one? People who do this really are the scum of the forum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I more or less agree, but still the forum rules say that text speak isn't allowed. It has absolutely nothing to do with English not being anyones first language or that someone can't master MSN speak. If text speak and MSN speak is the future of English, than you might as well start learning any other language as your first. Because proper or standard English will soon be extinct. People should grow up and use real English. That would actually mean that all the people who are visiting these forums and don't have English as their first language have a fair chance of following the discussion. I believe this is why this rule was installed in the first place.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ( please distribute these in the text, so that it appears correct)

yeah...it's a bug..happens to me almost every game...it happens usually in the second half..and it happens when you want to change your tactics...it's simple to fix it...everytime you adjust something on your in-game tactics check the individual orders for your gk...these change(the bug thing) and that's why your gk goes up for corners or fks...just change them to default and i guarantee he'll stay put icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pelle:

I more or less agree, but still the forum rules say that text speak isn't allowed. It has absolutely nothing to do with English not being anyones first language or that someone can't master MSN speak. If text speak and MSN speak is the future of English, than you might as well start learning any other language as your first. Because proper or standard English will soon be extinct. People should grow up and use real English. That would actually mean that all the people who are visiting these forums and don't have English as their first language have a fair chance of following the discussion. I believe this is why this rule was installed in the first place.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ( please distribute these in the text, so that it appears correct) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's fair enough, but are you telling me that the mods should ban a user if their grammar isn't up to a certain standard. That first post was not text speak at all.

Come on icon_rolleyes.gif

It's ridiculous that somebody cannot post without a snide comment from some pleb who has too much time on his/her hands.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

which was easier to read, this or the OPs? if your eyes could understand it, you could read it.

a polite "terribly sorry, old bean. there are rules on these forums, you see (etc, etc...). now the answer to your question is..." wouldn't go amiss sometimes.

anyway, on a recent game on fm07, my keeper sprinted off his line after we kicked off after they equalized, and was subsequently lobbed for 3-2. i remembered several gk issues in fm07, even when mentality and creative freedom etc was minimal. not seen it in fm08, though.

I blame the poor spelling and grammer on the forum on the lack of an 8.0.2 patch delivered on Feb 1st.

Or Al-Qaeda...

I don't know.

I just don't know what to believe any more icon_frown.gif

On a relevent note, make sure your GK is set to 'always stay back' at corners and you're mentality is not set t 'all out attack' as that's when your gk tends to go Rambo.

Firstly, here's the house rules for text speak on this forum:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/27619697/m/6502087491

Secondly, here's a post that people could really do with reading:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5211026...942034643#7942034643

As for the original poster's problem it's usually caused by the instructions given - sometimes when moving players around on the tactics screen you can end up with instructions that aren't appropriate for the position. In this case it seems like you've given your goalkeeper specific attacking instructions for corners.

lower his mentality to defensive, and lower the defensive backline

Archived