Ramzinho's Back with A New Winning Tactic

hi new to posting threads.

ramzinho can i ask do u have any tactics for the original version as i think u said that this tactic doesnt work in the original very well.

and ur firts post link doesnt work.

thanks.

P.S. if it makes a difference i have a mac.

please hurry as i wanna play as soon as possible. sheers

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, speed is very important for the back line in this tactic. The more speed the better, though you can substitute some speed for anticipation and positioning. If you have it then you'll allow very few goals. In my game in the league I've only allowed 7 goals in 20 matches so far.

By the way Ram, my team has really kicked it into high gear. I think they've fully adapted to the tactic and now are completely dominating almost every game, though sometimes I still struggle to maintain possession. However, even so, I still managed to put a ton of shots on goal and score many goals. Also I went back to your original settings for mentality for strikers and AMC and they're working out great!

One other tip for those of you who have problems unlocking defenses sometimes. Increase the creative freedom for the MR, ML, AMC, and both Strikers. I usually set mine to the first notch of Much and most of the time can get the scoring underway, then I bring it down a bit if I'm confident that my team will keep on rolling.

Well, I must say, after trying a lot of different tactics from here, and a few of my own, this is the only one that has come close to mine.

I've only tried the attacking tactic, and with a bit of tinkering I think you could be onto something.

First, I have never scored so many goals!

I'm playing as Sunderland in the Premiership (first season) and I got relegated on the last day, after trying loads of different things. I was bottom when I tried this tactic.

Pretty much immediately I started banging in goals. I managed to land Jermaine Defoe who with this tactic went on to score 17 in 19 games.

Kenwyne Jones weighed in with 15. Not bad for a relegated team.

Secondly, I;ve never conceded so many goals!

I was the third highest goalscorers in the Premier League, and the highest conceders!

It's never boring at the Stadium of Light.

I've been tinkering with the defensive layout a little. I've stopped the DMC from making forward runs, changed his takling to hard and given him a more defensive mentality.

With the back four, I've stopped the full backs from running with the ball, but continued with their forward runs, which has basically stopped them from attempting to dribble out of their own area.

I have changed the entire back four to tight marking with the centre backs on hard tackling.

This saw me lift from bottom to third from bottom after a strong finish to the season. I only missed out on the last game because Anelka scored an 87th minute equaliser to make it 2-2.

I'm now in the Championship, and I'll give this a full season, and I'm confident of bouncing straight back.

I'll let you know how it goes, but so far, it looks good...very good if you want to see plenty of goals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

Macque, did you increase the forward runs to often for your fullbacks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but made sure I had "run with ball" set to "rarely".

Also, a neat trick is to have them crossing from deep to the far post. This means that instead of trying to take people on and lose it, they spray what turns out to be a cross field pass for your striker to run onto.

It is very effective when playing counter attack.

Also, when you have your full-back making forward runs, always play offsides, because they are usually pushed up, and the back line only needs to be worked out between your two centre-backs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macque:

Also, a neat trick is to have them crossing from deep to the far post. This means that instead of trying to take people on and lose it, they spray what turns out to be a cross field pass for your striker to run onto.

Also, when you have your full-back making forward runs, always play offsides, because they are usually pushed up, and the back line only needs to be worked out between your two centre-backs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm actually, you know what? Im gonna try that out with my own tactic - My ACs are working wide, so just getting the crossball from the opposite side, might be something goodicon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by supersaint:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macque:

Also, when you have your full-back making forward runs, always play offsides, because they are usually pushed up, and the back line only needs to be worked out between your two centre-backs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm actually, you know what? Im gonna try that out with my own tactic - My ACs are working wide, so just getting the crossball from the opposite side, might be something goodicon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it's not tactic specific.

I find it's really effective as a cross-field through ball.

If you have fast strikers you should be able to spring the offside trap a few times.

Hi ramzinho great tactic, just like to say that i have been 1-0 down at half time on many occassions but i think the team talk helps alot with this tactic. I was reading wolfsong,s guide to team talks and when i come in 1-0 or

2-0 down i say the right things to the players and they go out and destroy any team they are playing. So maybe people who are saying that the tactic dont work need to talk to to the players different when they are losing at half time. I find with any new tactic the team morale must be superb or very good to start with. Anyway great tactic 30 games unbeaten at the moment, i am in charge of Q.P.R. and its working with the players great at the moment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kayman84:

benno plz can u take a screenshot of your tactics and team instructions because the ones posted by ramzinho dont work so plz can you take a screenshot of them both and the teamm intructions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

with all my respect to you kayman,,, he just said he went went 30 games unbeaten.. so how do u say it doesn't work... you don't have the required players that's all.. cheer up a little man

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ramzinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kayman84:

benno plz can u take a screenshot of your tactics and team instructions because the ones posted by ramzinho dont work so plz can you take a screenshot of them both and the teamm intructions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

with all my respect to you kayman,,, he just said he went went 30 games unbeaten.. so how do u say it doesn't work... you don't have the required players that's all.. cheer up a little man </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ram, i think you've gotten Kayman wrong. He's tryin to get a screenie of your team settings because he can't open up the tactics file.

@ Ramzinho

At the moment i'm playing with the club Sc Heerenveen from the dutch, with you're tactics..and the funny thing is that don't score a lot goals but also don't get a lot against.

The fact that i don't score a lot goals is because the Forwards of Heerenveen aren't good enough for this tactic or?

I played 8 Matches now and i won 3 times and had 5 times a draw, so i got 0 loses.

This tactic is good but i think i need to tweak it so it's fit for my team but i'm not very pro at tweaking...Also my english need to be tweak :p Xd

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daniel1990:

@ Ramzinho

At the moment i'm playing with the club Sc Heerenveen from the dutch, with you're tactics..and the funny thing is that don't score a lot goals but also don't get a lot against.

The fact that i don't score a lot goals is because the Forwards of Heerenveen aren't good enough for this tactic or?

I played 8 Matches now and i won 3 times and had 5 times a draw, so i got 0 loses.

This tactic is good but i think i need to tweak it so it's fit for my team but i'm not very pro at tweaking...Also my english need to be tweak :p Xd </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suggest you drop the creative freedom for your strikers since they're not that good, that should improve your scoring.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lior:

where can i download it?

your links does not working

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the links are in first page.. and they r working bro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by US ARSENAL:

Well what a season with everton Ive just had, finished 2nd place and won the uefa cup final

thanks Ramzinho for this fffffffbb tactic

League Table

Uefa Cup Final

Best Result Ever </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks man.. wish the run goes on icon_biggrin.gif

Alright folks I am totally new to this and having problems downloading the tactics ramzinho is there any way you could put a picture up to view and your team/player instructions? I have started with fulham for a challenge and its been tough going finished my 1st season just above relegation and i think i have now got a pretty decent team but sitting just below mid table with some good results and some terrible results, can you please help as i am not enjoying this football manager as much as the rest cheers.

Hi Ramzinho,

Playing as Crystal Palace, 6th season, finished 2nd last season, predicted to finish 5th this season, I'm hoping to finish 1st.

Giving your tactic a whirl and it's been great away from home, terrible at home, but I am only six games in, results to date.

Blackburn A won 3-1

Man Utd A won 1-0

Sheff Utd H lost 0-1

Arsenal H lost 1-2

Newcastle A won 4-0

M'boro H drew 2-2

So 100% away record, which is great.

But only 1 point at home from 3 games and I haven't really deserved to win any of them. In all three games opposition have had more possession and shots.

Playing with the defensive tactic home and away, I'll try the attacking tactic for my next few home games and I'll let you know how it goes.

Sure it will work with a few tweaks.

Cheers for all you work on this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaccaB:

Hi Ramzinho,

Playing as Crystal Palace, 6th season, finished 2nd last season, predicted to finish 5th this season, I'm hoping to finish 1st.

Giving your tactic a whirl and it's been great away from home, terrible at home, but I am only six games in, results to date.

Blackburn A won 3-1

Man Utd A won 1-0

Sheff Utd H lost 0-1

Arsenal H lost 1-2

Newcastle A won 4-0

M'boro H drew 2-2

So 100% away record, which is great.

But only 1 point at home from 3 games and I haven't really deserved to win any of them. In all three games opposition have had more possession and shots.

Playing with the defensive tactic home and away, I'll try the attacking tactic for my next few home games and I'll let you know how it goes.

Sure it will work with a few tweaks.

Cheers for all you work on this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO It's your team talks. please feel free to move along the thread there r some teamtalk guide through the pages.

if it works away it should work home i am sure as you see by many others.

Just finished my second full season using your tactic and it worked even better then last season. Bought in Richards and Messi rest of the team stayed the same.

Didn't lose a single match in the Premier League and passed the 100 goals scored mark this time.

Also won the FA Cup, League Cup and Community shield also not losing a single game.

And won the Champions League losing twice. Once in the groupfase against Sporting and in the First round against Lyon.

Conceded a bit more goals then last year although my average is just like last year 0.7 a game. But managed to score a lot more goals 180 in 64 games thats 2.8 a game wich is 0.3 more then last season. Truly amazing.

Really looking forward to your new tactic.

OMG what a start. I'm Nottingham Forest, second season in the Championship. Just beat Hull 6-3 at home. Second match I beat Wolves 2-1. Was 1-0 down at HT so I swited it from defensive version to attacking. I got some real quality up front despite having a very average DM. What I love about the tactic so far is that I enjoy watching the 2D matches. The players you recommend on page 1 are on a completely different level to mine but I still hope it works for me. Great stuff.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kiefa:

Ramzinho, what training schedules do you use mate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Use my own made individual schedule for each position and specific player.

Cheers mate

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yeshuayeshua:

I really need a separate schedule for youth players how need improvements in the physical side to catch up with their technical stats </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

will work on that and post them tomorrow in a separate topic... will give the link here.

G`day Ramzinho,

I have tested out this tactic for a few years now and it is working for my championship side who have just been promoted to the Premier League.

The odds i got to win the premiership are 100-1 at the beginning of the season and i am currently 18 games into the season and i am 13-4-1 and are leading by 2 points. I only bought 2 players in pre season and they were just backup central defenders.

I suggest to all those people who have tried and given up on this tactic to think again. I agree, it does taker time for the tactic to 'kick in' but once it has, its near unbeatable.

By the way, when i was in the championship i made the FA cup final only to lose to Chelsea 3-2 AET.

Heres a note on your tweaking of the opposition before the match.

When you make the ML/MR AML or AMR clsing down - always and setup the strikers also, BEWARE that the AI can change these players around or substitute them so keep a close eye on this so you can keep track whos who and whos playing where during a game.

I also ticked the two strikers to have 'mixed' crossing on as my strikers sometimes run out wide with the ball and instead of crossing to the unmarked striker in the middle he tries to go for glory himself and usually misses or the keeper saves but ive had some success with this on mixed.

I need some help now Ram (or anyone else). Don't know how or why but I my team has suddenly stopped playing. We went from scoring 4 or 5 goals a match to barely scoring 1 or none at all and it literally happened very suddenly, one game everything was going fine and the next absolute disaster, and after that game another terrible game. I'm on a two game loosing streak and the players are barely getting 7s, most of them have 6s and some 5s. I just don't get it.

If anyone brings up re-ranking, don't bother as that I already know about it and do make adjustments and tweaks. I did go through a rough patch in January and partially in February but then recovered. Now I'm in mid April and it's like my team got hit by a brick wall out of nowhere. Please help.

Wow! Thought I was coming out of the slump, cause I won the third match convincingly 5-1 but then in the fourth match I get trounced again by Porto this time 3-0. I just don't get what is happening to my team. Absolutely nothing is going right! I'm still controlling possession and making many shots on target but nothing is going in while the opponent seems to be scoring on every opportunity. I'm completely lost. Tweaks or no tweaks it seems to make no difference.

Hi Ramzinho,

Looks like its a good tactic for others, but just didn't work for me.

I was regularly losing and drawing to average sides and deservedly so.

I persevered for 15 games at which point i was 6th with 26 points, 9 points off lead, not terrible, but not great either.

I think its time to go back to one of my old tactics.

Cheers anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaccaB:

Hi Ramzinho,

Looks like its a good tactic for others, but just didn't work for me.

I was regularly losing and drawing to average sides and deservedly so.

I persevered for 15 games at which point i was 6th with 26 points, 9 points off lead, not terrible, but not great either.

I think its time to go back to one of my old tactics.

Cheers anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How long has it been going on? I have had rought streaks asswell. Scoring 4-5 goals a match for weeks then suddenly dropping to barely 1 a match. But after a while it should go up again.

In my first season using this tactic both Rooney and Aguero my two strikes went on a dry streak each lasting over 1000 minutes. My average goal scoring dropped like hell but it all came back eventually.

Hey Ramzinho - your tactic is Da Bomb!!!! icon14.gif

This season - won the Prem, League Cup runners up, FA Cup winners, Champ League winners and had a 26 match unbeaten run.

My best season ever - my usual was to finish either 1st or 2nd in the Prem, and choke in the cups in the quarter finals.

It would have been better if I hadn't lost my star striker for 3 months, and a couple of my defenders want to leave, so next season should be even better with a couple of players.

I like the alternate tactics, if I haven't scored or my strikers & AMF's are on 6's by 30 mins, I switch to alternate, confuses the hell out of the opposition, and usually score 2 or 3!!

Someone else did post that they noticed the other team can score straight after you do, I have noticed that in a few games, particularly when I beat Inter Milan 7-6 away!!

Certainly pays to have a good AMC - I signed an AMR, and in his first season he's scored 23 goals - the funny thing is, I was forced to play him AMC, but it's not even one of his positions! Ended up playing him there all season, hopefully the re-training will kick in at some point.

Thanks again.

Archived