Ramzinho's Back with A New Winning Tactic

won the play off final 4-1 over millwall in the end I finished 4th in the league only losing 4 games all season and drawing 9 winning 33, amazing really as I started with -15points too, signed stancu and rusescu 2 young romanian strikers and they set the division on fire both finish my top scorers and top scorers in the league I scored 138 goals in every competition conceding 38.

so again I say thanks very much for this and Ill keep you posted as I take on the championship, board just gave me 3.7m to spend too so looking to improve the team alot.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished my first complete season using this tactic. I'm Man Utd in my 4th season. Worked very well in the Premier Leaguecompletetly outclassed everyone. Went undefeated at home.

So seemed to work perfect except for one thing. The Premier League was the only thing I won this year. I lost 4-1 against Chelsea in the Community Shield, got kicked out of the League Cup by Aston Villa in the 4th Round (Aston did win the LC later), lost in the Champions League first round against AC Milan 0-0 and 2-2 and lost the FA Cup Final against Arsenal 2-3 in Extra Time.

I don't really understand why I did so poorly in the cups. Might be just bad luck and Chelsea, Arsenal and AC Milan aren't exactly easy pickings. In the Premier League I lost twice, once against Arsenal and once against Aston Villa.

So I lost twice in Villa Park (2-0 in the LC and 1-0 in the PRM) yet owned them 5-0 at Old Trafford in the PRM. Next season I'm not gonna sleep for a week before going to Villa Park.

What I really liked about this tactic (besides the fact that I never won the Premier League so easy) is the amount of goals I scored. 95 in the PRM alone. An average of 2.5 goals a match is just awsome. Normally I have an average of 2.0. Actually had a higher average before new year was scoring at a rate of 2.8 a match sadly then Aguero went on a dry streak for over 10 matches followed by a dry streak for Rooney of over 10 matches. Goals against is the same my average before was 0.7 just like this season.

Hopefully next season I win the Premier League just as easy and do better in the cups this time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dadash2002:

Just finished my first complete season using this tactic. I'm Man Utd in my 4th season. Worked very well in the Premier Leaguecompletetly outclassed everyone. Went undefeated at home.

So seemed to work perfect except for one thing. The Premier League was the only thing I won this year. I lost 4-1 against Chelsea in the Community Shield, got kicked out of the League Cup by Aston Villa in the 4th Round (Aston did win the LC later), lost in the Champions League first round against AC Milan 0-0 and 2-2 and lost the FA Cup Final against Arsenal 2-3 in Extra Time.

I don't really understand why I did so poorly in the cups. Might be just bad luck and Chelsea, Arsenal and AC Milan aren't exactly easy pickings. In the Premier League I lost twice, once against Arsenal and once against Aston Villa.

So I lost twice in Villa Park (2-0 in the LC and 1-0 in the PRM) yet owned them 5-0 at Old Trafford in the PRM. Next season I'm not gonna sleep for a week before going to Villa Park.

What I really liked about this tactic (besides the fact that I never won the Premier League so easy) is the amount of goals I scored. 95 in the PRM alone. An average of 2.5 goals a match is just awsome. Normally I have an average of 2.0. Actually had a higher average before new year was scoring at a rate of 2.8 a match sadly then Aguero went on a dry streak for over 10 matches followed by a dry streak for Rooney of over 10 matches. Goals against is the same my average before was 0.7 just like this season.

Hopefully next season I win the Premier League just as easy and do better in the cups this time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well let me explain your bad record in other contests.

First of all you have to set ur scout to watch next opponent and take care of his words about the opposition pitch,

If he say it's on the short side play WIDE WIDE WIDE icon_biggrin.gif

If he says u can go through the middle just do it.

Pitch dimension is really a vital thing in this tactic and do it in ur friendlies and see the difference.

Cheers bro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by US ARSENAL:

won the play off final 4-1 over millwall in the end I finished 4th in the league only losing 4 games all season and drawing 9 winning 33, amazing really as I started with -15points too, signed stancu and rusescu 2 young romanian strikers and they set the division on fire both finish my top scorers and top scorers in the league I scored 138 goals in every competition conceding 38.

so again I say thanks very much for this and Ill keep you posted as I take on the championship, board just gave me 3.7m to spend too so looking to improve the team alot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO you have to spend those 3.7 Million over youngester with high potential. they will keep you in the league for the first season but in the second season they will drive your team sky high.

Try regens as they are your best bet.. Seek france as there r tons of good regens there.

Even have them on loan and they will all give your a very good result

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ramzinho:

Well let me explain your bad record in other contests.

First of all you have to set ur scout to watch next opponent and take care of his words about the opposition pitch,

If he say it's on the short side play WIDE WIDE WIDE icon_biggrin.gif

If he says u can go through the middle just do it.

Pitch dimension is really a vital thing in this tactic and do it in ur friendlies and see the difference.

Cheers bro </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ok I read about it in this thread about playing wide just didn't believe it would make that much difference. And ain't the standard tactic already very wide? You can't go much wider I think.

And before I forget again some more info: I was using the defensive tactic troughtout the entire season. Was giving me enough goals and kept me pretty safe at the back against the larger teams so don't see much reason to switch.

I was also using Aguero as my targetman with run on to ball. He is a faster then Rooney so I think he is the best choice.

And one thing that I noticed was Marcelo (playing left mid) performed better then Ronaldo (playing right mid). Is that cause Marcelo was playing behind Aguero my targetman? Or does Marcelos PPM "likes to cut inside" makes him perform better? Since his arrow tells him to cut inside his PPM is really made for it.

Ronaldo did make up a lot in the end when he suddenly started scoring a lot blasted in half his goals in the very last part of the season. But was still way behind in assists.

My standard team was Akinfeev in goal. My defence was Evra on left, Vidic and Ferdinand in centre, Faubert on the right. Midfield Hargreaves as def mid, Marcelo on left, Ronaldo on right and Vander Vaart as att mid. Aguero left attacker and targetman and Rooney right att.

Bought in Richards whom I'll pair up with Breno as central defense to replace Vidic and Ferdinand. Already have Traore who is more then ready to take Evras place. And have just bought at 17 year old German def mid with already amazing stats so the future is definatly assured for my team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh ok I read about it in this thread about playing wide just didn't believe it would make that much difference. And ain't the standard tactic already very wide? You can't go much wider I think.

And before I forget again some more info: I was using the defensive tactic troughtout the entire season. Was giving me enough goals and kept me pretty safe at the back against the larger teams so don't see much reason to switch.

I was also using Aguero as my targetman with run on to ball. He is a faster then Rooney so I think he is the best choice.

And one thing that I noticed was Marcelo (playing left mid) performed better then Ronaldo (playing right mid). Is that cause Marcelo was playing behind Aguero my targetman? Or does Marcelos PPM "likes to cut inside" makes him perform better? Since his arrow tells him to cut inside his PPM is really made for it.

Ronaldo did make up a lot in the end when he suddenly started scoring a lot blasted in half his goals in the very last part of the season. But was still way behind in assists.

My standard team was Akinfeev in goal. My defence was Evra on left, Vidic and Ferdinand in centre, Faubert on the right. Midfield Hargreaves as def mid, Marcelo on left, Ronaldo on right and Vander Vaart as att mid. Aguero left attacker and targetman and Rooney right att.

Bought in Richards whom I'll pair up with Breno as central defense to replace Vidic and Ferdinand. Already have Traore who is more then ready to take Evras place. And have just bought at 17 year old German def mid with already amazing stats so the future is definatly assured for my team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it's not on the widest setting i believe.. it's the frist degree of being wide..

If it's set so wide then try playing first degree of direct passing..

Some times exchaning strikers with each other will have ncie effect too.

Give it a try n tell me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neto:

i'm testing the tatic... and it's working for my AZ team!! first in the Netherlands Leag!!

you recomend use defensive version for games away and attack version for home games??

thanks and good job!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well i recommend using defensive all the time. but when facing easy teams go attack, Defensive line first degree of push up and untick counter attack..

Try it on easy teams and tell me ur feedback

defensive tatic is really good!

i use attack version only in easy games!!

thanks for the tatic ramzinho!

you really think than use 'Post Player' is necesseary?? i'm sorry about the english... i'm from brazil..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neto:

defensive tatic is really good!

i use attack version only in easy games!!

thanks for the tatic ramzinho!

you really think than use 'Post Player' is necesseary?? i'm sorry about the english... i'm from brazil.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neto it's no problem bro.. and u don't need to thank me for anything.

I just don't understan ur last sentence.. can u repeat it or explain more

in your tatics... the option 'Post Player' is selecioned... you think than

is necesseary to select this option? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you mean target men.

well look

If you have a kind of robinho or Ronaldo striker you set him as a target man and give him the ball to feet so he can go past his man and score.

If you have Adriano kind of striker.. Set him to run for ball.. as he is fast and will attemp first time shots.

This is what ur question is about i guess

Hey Ramzinho,

I've just started my 6th season with Barca and have decided to implement your tactics. The previous two seasons have been successful for me in terms of winning the league but I haven't been so hot in the Champions League, knocked out in the 1st Knockout Round and Quaterfinals respectively, so I'm on a mission to regain my European domination.

Here's my starting eleven:

GK: Victor Valdes

DR: Rafinha

DL: Marcelo

DCs: Breno & Micah Richards

DMC: Lucas

MR: Lionel Messi

ML: Giovani dos Santos

AMC: Andres Iniesta

FCs: Sergio Aguero & Bojan

Subs: Ronaldinho, Giles Barnes, Henri Saivet, Samuel Eto'o, Gabriel Torje, Ever Banega, Carlos Vela, Iago, Xavi, Eric Abidal

I'm also in the process of purchasing Sergio Mota.

As you can see, the team has a ton of firepower, but last season it was not very apparent as we really struggled in some matches, especially in the CL. My conclusion is that the tactic I used did not suit the players at my disposal. Anyway, I've been looking around and noticed your tactic which looks very promising and seems to suit my team.

So far I've played only 3 friendlies using just the defensive version, here are the results:

vs. Liverpool (away) - won 4-2

vs. Benfica (away) - won 1-0

vs. Paguera (away) - won 3-0

After that 3rd match my fans were not too happy as they felt I should have scored a lot more than 3 goals but almost a third of my team was away at the Olympic games so I had to play many subs.

Anyway, so far it's looking pretty good. I've been using the scout report more than before and adjusting the width if he says that the pitch is on the short side, however, I've never seen a report where he suggests to play through the middle. I'm just hoping he's not leaving anything out sometimes. So now I have a few questions for you:

1. If the scout says the pitch is on the short side and I play very wide, should the passing remain focused down the flanks or can it be mixed?

2. If the scout suggests to play through the middle, should the width be narrowed down from your default setting or be kept the same and only change the focus of the passing?

3. I've read that tempo plays a big part in this version of FM. Have you ever experimented with slower tempo for this tactic? The other reason I bring this up is after reading countless posts on this forum it has become apparent that some teams play very well on high tempo, while others prefer to go slower, and I'm really just referring to the big teams. For example I've seen someone post a tactic with very high tempo for which people using Arsenal or Chelsea had a lot success but when I tried it with Barca it did not go over as well. So what is your take on this?

Well, that's all for now. Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I'm sure I'll have more in the future. I'll also come back and post more of my results with your tactic and any tweaks that I find myself.

Next on my fixture list is a game against Real Madrid, a real test.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1. If the scout says the pitch is on the short side and I play very wide, should the passing remain focused down the flanks or can it be mixed?

2. If the scout suggests to play through the middle, should the width be narrowed down from your default setting or be kept the same and only change the focus of the passing?

3. I've read that tempo plays a big part in this version of FM. Have you ever experimented with slower tempo for this tactic? The other reason I bring this up is after reading countless posts on this forum it has become apparent that some teams play very well on high tempo, while others prefer to go slower, and I'm really just referring to the big teams. For example I've seen someone post a tactic with very high tempo for which people using Arsenal or Chelsea had a lot success but when I tried it with Barca it did not go over as well. So what is your take on this?

Well, that's all for now. Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I'm sure I'll have more in the future. I'll also come back and post more of my results with your tactic and any tweaks that I find myself.

Next on my fixture list is a game against Real Madrid, a real test. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well first of all let me tell you that you done something... In my game i am on my 9th season with barca and Man LAGO is my key player along side messi.

He is 10 times better than gio so play him in ur ML position and see the charm. he was set to learn from messi and ronaldinho for the first 2 seasons so he was an instant success when he was brought into the squad.

Now for your questions.

1) Keep playing extreme wide and keep playing down both flanks as you will force your opponent to play from line to line and this will give space to your AMC or the opposite flank player to cut inside and apply shots on target.

2) Don't make it narrow the pitch will be so narrow that there will be lot's of miss passing and u will not have enough pocession.

3) Barca in Reality doesn't play slow tempo and doesn't play Very High tempo game. the play short or direct passes and move as a wave to the opposition area while messi or ronaldinho hold the ball waiting the AMC, DMC to joing the wave.

I once used slow tempo and it was a big faliure because we play Counter attack so you will lose the Counter Option if you play slow..

Stay on The same tempo for all games. it is the optimum speed for barca IMO.

Last thing i have found out that moving the passing slider to first degree of "Direct" passing makes the team move a bit faster so i changed it and left it that way.

Give it a try and tell me when u r through the season.

Thanks for answering my questions Ramzinho. I'll try Iago more on the left side. He does look good but not quite as good as Dos Santos.

Since my first post I played Real Madrid twice in the Spanish Super Cup. The first leg was away which we played to a 1-1 with Messi scoring for us but later Robinho equalized thanks to some shady defending. The second leg we won 1-0. Here I was concerned a bit as we had many shots on goal but the only one we scored was from a corner kick, thanks to Micah Richards. He's an absolute beast on those. I checked the player stats after the match and seems like my strikers only managed one shot on goal a piece. Is this normal?

My third game was the opening match for the league. It was a home game against Zaragoza. This time we won very convincingly 4-0 but it's also a bit deceptive since 3 of the goals came from Richards again. Yes, he scored a hat-trick, two from corners and one on an indirect free kick and got a 10 rating. The 4th goal came from Iniesta due to a tackling mistake from one of Zaragoza's defenders.

We had 13 shots on goal in that match. Again, my strikers had only one shot on goal each, while 4 shots came from the AMC (Iniesta). I realize that the AMC will get his fair share of chances but it's concerning to me that the strikers are getting so few.

I'll continue to play with the tactic because I feel that my team has not fully absorbed it yet and so is not consistent. My next match is away versus Valencia.

One other question for you:

While browsing through the individual player instructions, I noticed that the creative freedom for the MR varies by several notches from that of ML. How should I interpret this? Are these meant to stay this way or were these just set for your own players and should be adjusted for mine?

Thanks again Ram.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">One other question for you:

While browsing through the individual player instructions, I noticed that the creative freedom for the MR varies by several notches from that of ML. How should I interpret this? Are these meant to stay this way or were these just set for your own players and should be adjusted for mine?

Thanks again Ram. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No This was set to my players as i used lago in this position for a long time so when he was young i couldn't give him much freedom.. so Now you have to set this is a way that is good for your team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by US ARSENAL:

started off slowly in the championship 10th atm with alot of mixed results, signed alot of young players too, also got Ian Black in for my DMC spot and Carlos Saez as AMC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO this mixed results is because your squad personality...

In your case your team needs more time and more squad consisetency as they have to know how each player move and get familiar with the tactic..

Try setting your young players to learn from your best players so they can get into the game faster.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My AZ team won the Dutch League with this wonderful tatic!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neto you have conceded too many goals in my opion.. You should sign a very good defender who is has a great heading ability and i am sure he will give more strength to your defence

ONe more thing. your goals are less than it should be, try getting a fast striker with good finishing and composure attributes and i am sure you will be scoring more.

Hope these modifications give you better resutls..

Cheers.

Just Loaded my first FM08 save. Been stuck 2 finish my record save in FM07 and... oh well Enough said of that... I have been playing with a few teams just 2 get the feel of 08... So now i started my first serious save with Arsenal.

I i must say ive been struggling with my pre-season games.. The midfield just ran all over the place, the striker missed goal like a blin old lady and the D-line were terrible.. I stumble on your tactic and gave it a go...

And i must say it all make sense now!

My D-line stands firm 22 games through the league.

My DMC (Fabregas) plays like a God making passes that would make Beckham stop playing football. My MR/ML (Rosicky & Hleb are playing very good scoring an average of 1 goal each in every game. My AMC (Van der Vaart) have been the best player so far with 20 games 19 goals and 24 assists. He is truly remarkble! And not 2 speak of my 2 striker (Bendtner & Eduardo) thats just keeps scoring and scoring and scoring and... well you get the idea.. =)

I´ve found to make your forwards take the forwards runs more often to give space to your AMC...

In though games i make my ML/MR swap sides to make the opponents dizzy...

Ill report back at the end of the season ...

This may be the new Nakano.. almost... icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My D-line stands firm 22 games through the league.

My DMC (Fabregas) plays like a God making passes that would make Beckham stop playing football. My MR/ML (Rosicky & Hleb are playing very good scoring an average of 1 goal each in every game. My AMC (Van der Vaart) have been the best player so far with 20 games 19 goals and 24 assists. He is truly remarkble! And not 2 speak of my 2 striker (Bendtner & Eduardo) thats just keeps scoring and scoring and scoring and... well you get the idea.. =)

I´ve found to make your forwards take the forwards runs more often to give space to your AMC...

In though games i make my ML/MR swap sides to make the opponents dizzy...

Ill report back at the end of the season ...

This may be the new Nakano.. almost... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well i am flattered with your words and if this tactic is gonna be New Nakano Tactic i will the happiest FM player ever.

As for your Strikers forward runs i totally agree and i have discovered that later on and changed it to this way.

And anyhow Fabregas will be the best DMC ever in the game as i signed him for barca 2 seasons ago and the guy is playing amazingly well.

For the ML/MR swapping positions i totally agree especially when they both can play on the 2 falnks.

Great tweaks and i wish this forum was editable so i can add all the tweaks in the first page to give all the help to first time viewers.

Cheers bro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ObaMartins09:

You could write down the tweaks, and get a moderator to add them to the first post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for this i didn't know it's available..

I will work on that and post them to a moderator so they can be added.

Thanks bro

Np m8.. im here to help...

I´ve been playing 41 games and not lost so far (knock, knock...) even though Arsenal is one of the best teams in the game ive had some hard games..

Some other things i found is when youre playing away against hard pressing teams such as: Man Utd, Barca, Chelsea, Milan and so on:

Take the defensiv tactic, Make the creative freedom lower by two or three steps(team settings), set long passes on your full backs(player settings) and push up your d-line with one or two steps(team setting).. This will happend, your DC will pressure the opponents Strikers that often plays is out to the opponents wingers. Your fullbacks will win the ball (80% of the time) and directly play it up (since you already have focus passing down both flanks you dont need to bother to change it) to your strikers on the flanks.

Now since the tactic is made to make your striker go one-on-one's on the opponents DC's and since you already have top notch striker (if you dont, BUY SOME!) they will score.

I won 5-1 away against Man Utd

3-1 sway against Liverpool and

6-2 against Chelsea away and so on..

Its critical that your fullbacks have 15 or higher to make the correct passes and that your strikers have good positioning and off the ball to make them take the right runs at the flanks.

Now this might not work everytime and i dont want to take Ramzinho's tactic and make to something else so if he doesnt approve ignore this post.

I just like to tweak it to be 100%!

GL and HF boyz and Girlz!

well thanks LAST Resort for your tweaks.. i would agree to do so but when u do the tweaks the tactic won't suit every team in the game.

I tried this tactic on Malaga, Barcelon, Man U and leeds united and it worked well for all of them with the default. defending or attacking version.

I think if you can make a tweak list and save the tactic tweaked and send it to my email i will talk to some moderator to edit the main topic and add them with ur name under it.

The matter is this topic has here for a good time and developed a remarkable time of views and replies so i don't want it to die out. that's all.

if u consider doing what i said it will be great if u want to make the tactic with ur tweaks and build a new topic i surely don't mind.

I have seen the tactic in so many other forums with other names or with the same name so u at least asked and i can't say no..

Cheers Bro.

Sure i can write down the tweaks i made and email you them.

I have no desire to take your tactic and put my name on it. Thats stealing and thats illegal =)

Im sure it works wonders for the most of the teams on FM08. I´m just trying to add som depth to your tactic. There will come times when you have the problems as i mentioned and the tactic doesnt work as the way you want it 2 do.. well then it could be good to have it a go (what i wrote).

So i wont reply any more tweaks...

Peace

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Last resort:

Sure i can write down the tweaks i made and email you them.

I have no desire to take your tactic and put my name on it. Thats stealing and thats illegal =)

Im sure it works wonders for the most of the teams on FM08. I´m just trying to add som depth to your tactic. There will come times when you have the problems as i mentioned and the tactic doesnt work as the way you want it 2 do.. well then it could be good to have it a go (what i wrote).

So i wont reply any more tweaks...

Peace </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if u have msn i will be glad to talk to u live about it.

My email is mramzy_8@hotmail.com

Would love to add you and talk for some points about it.. see ya bro

Here's my "small" update:

I've played 5 more matches (yeah I'm not really flying through this game). Here are the results:

Away versus Valencia - won 3-2

(we actually went up 3-0 but due to a stupid mistake from my GK and then a terrible clearance from one of the midfielders they managed to scrape back 2 goals, but we seemed in control most of the game)

Home versus Betis - won 5-0

(we absolutely dominated and put away our chances, nothing else to say)

Away versus AEK in the CL - won 7-0

(another domination. Though here I'd say the quality of my players really played a big part)

Home versus Valladolid - won 3-1

(in this one we scored first, but then they equalized and from here on we really struggled for a while until we scored a second one from a corner after which the opposition went into more attacking mode and we caught them by a counter attack and a third goal)

Away versus Atletico Madrid - drew 1-1

(Even though Atletico were the home team and favored slightly, they still went with a defensive formation, 4 defenders, 2 DMCs, 2 wingers, 2 strikers. I also played with the defensive version, and I think this is why the game ended the way it did. Perhaps I should have used the attacking version of the tactic)

Home versus Rapid Bucharest in the CL - won 10-0

(well we really bounced back from our draw in the previous game and ripped Rapid a new one icon_biggrin.gif In this match I used the attacking version for the first time and it proved to be extremely deadly. I think I'll use this version more often from now on)

Well, from what I can tell is that my team is getting used to the tactic and is gaining confidence. I've applied a few of my own tweaks to make it work a bit better for my Barca team so I'll list them right now. Also anyone is more than welcome to try my tweaks if you have the same players as I do. I will list the position and players I have in them and the tweaks. Ok here we go:

1. I decided to drop the mentality for both strikers by three notches. The default mentality was set at maximum attack but I could kind of tell that often times they were too far forward and isolated and weren't participating in any of the build up. Now I'm not sure if that's the purpose of the tactic, to keep the forwards isolated, but I just didn't have a good feeling about it so I reduced their mentality to bring them closer to the action in the midfield.

2. I also dropped the AMC's mentality by one notch. So basically the AMC and both strikers are now on the same mentality and also participate more in the build up play.

3. I tinkered around with the creative freedom for almost all my players except the GK and the two DCs.

- Fullbacks (Marcelo & Rafinha): Both of these guys are attacking FBs. I increased their creative freedom because I found them just standing around with the ball many times. They just stood there, like they didn't know what to do, then an attacker from the opposition would come along, tackle or just take the ball away from the fullback and begin a counter attack. On top of this, they are pretty creative players with very good speed and dribbling stats. So I set the creative freedom for both in the middle of the bar. Now when they get the ball they start running with it and/or passing.

DMC (Lucas): I increased his creative freedom too for the same reason as the fullbacks. His new CF is in the middle of the bar as well. I also increased his passing to the middle of the bar.

AMC (Iniesta): Ok, I set his creative freedom in the middle of the bar too, but this is something I'm not sure about yet. Does this position play a simple role in the tactic? Should he be kept at minimum CF because he just needs to score? I'd appreciate some advice on this one.

MR/L: (Messi & Sergio Mota): I've put the creative freedom for both of them two notches above the middle. Just seemed to me that they needed to be a bit more flexible and I also noticed them standing around with the ball a bit too much when their creativity was set two notches lower.

FCs (Bojan & Aguero): Their default CF is set on the first notch of Much, but from my experience I've found that strikers start wasting more chances the more CF you give them, so I decreased both of their CFs by one notch and sometimes I decrease it by another notch. I'm still feeling around on this one too.

In terms of Team settings: on the defensive version I've applied some of the tweaks listed on page 2 of this thread where you drop the team mentality by two notches and drop the defensive line by 2 notches. However, only a few players are set on team mentality so I'm not really sure as to why it would affect the rest of the team because they have individual mentalities, unless the poster forgot to mention that everyone's mentality should be dropped regardless of how it's set. In terms of results, I suppose there was an effect, but I just couldn't really tell.

For the attacking version of the tactic I did not do any tweaks to the team instructions at all, just left them as they are. So far I've played only one match with it with huge success, although it was against inferior opposition, but hey, I managed to score 10 goals, that's still impressive.

That's all for now. Sorry for this long post, but I tried to be as detailed as possible.

One other tweak I'd recommend, if you have the money, and that's to get at least one player into your MR, ML, or DMC position with very good long shots stat. I bought Sergio Mota for my team and play him as ML. His long shots are 20 and he's already scored 5 goals in his first 7 matches. What I see happen is when the ball gets crossed into the penalty area by the strikers, sometimes it bobbles around or gets deflected back a bit, but having a player like Mota to pick it up and slam it home is really useful.

I really hate that we can't edit our posts because I forgot to mention something in my long post above. This is regarding my away match against Atletico Madrid. I also noticed that my possession was very bad in that match. It was at 41% by half time, and after I tried tweaking a few things like team mentality and defensive line depth it only got worse. I finished the match at 38% possession. I really have no idea as to how I could have improved it or why it was so bad to begin with compared to my other matches.

Dirty_Ace i would love to say your are a marvelous member of my development squad now...

Me and last resort are working on this tactic to develope the best tweaks can be made of this formation to reach the Nakano tactic icon_biggrin.gif

So i will try your settings right now and i will see what they will do.

U can add me to msn and i will talk to u about it.

And Guys wait for the modified Version.

A little late feedback but still a feedback icon_smile.gif as i said really insane tactic. Using it 3 seasons with Man City. 2 times in a row EPL winner (with this tactic) and 2 times in a row CL winner.

I'm in my 4 season again with this tactic

I'll try to put screenies. Excuse me if i screw something

clipboard01pv6.jpg

clipboard02sk8.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Buttk0:

iirc the theme is called Novum OS or something like that.

bout the tactic, no i haven't done any changes except the one written by Ramzinho in his firs post

Good luck ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's another tip which may seem obvious but the DMC seems pretty important, also seems like the best kind of DMC you should have in this tactic is a hybrid, like Essien/Lucas type. One that can do some playmaking but also break up play, and he should preferably be quick as he will have to cover any open space left by either the CBs or FBs. I also think that you may get away with not having a quick DMC if you have quick CBs and FBs.

Guys,

Thought i would give a quick report and ask a question...

Well the Liverpool game ended not too well in the end. Finished 2nd 3 points behind Arsenal and lost in the UEFA final 3-1 to Valencia. Seeing as they wanted to win the league within 2 years they promptly sacked me icon_frown.gif

This is the first time i have been sacked in a very long time; at least this latest version of the game is a bit more realistic...

Started a new game unemployed and got the PSV job. Now for the question...

Everyone seems not to lose many games and not let in too many goals. Have you tweaked the defence at all, or have you all just got a better defence than me...

Please help me to tighten up my defence.

Many Thanks

Sarge

ps looking forward to you modified version icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ramzinho:

the download rate has become insanse and i'm really really happy with that...

check out

downsk8.th.png

i hope the modified version works so it have same success </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When can we expect this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sarge:

Guys,

Thought i would give a quick report and ask a question...

Well the Liverpool game ended not too well in the end. Finished 2nd 3 points behind Arsenal and lost in the UEFA final 3-1 to Valencia. Seeing as they wanted to win the league within 2 years they promptly sacked me icon_frown.gif

This is the first time i have been sacked in a very long time; at least this latest version of the game is a bit more realistic...

Started a new game unemployed and got the PSV job. Now for the question...

Everyone seems not to lose many games and not let in too many goals. Have you tweaked the defence at all, or have you all just got a better defence than me...

Please help me to tighten up my defence.

Many Thanks

Sarge

ps looking forward to you modified version icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Had the same problem was letting in a bit to many goals in the beginning of my 5th season even tough I had used this tactic successfully for over a season (in wich I was letting in very few goals 19 in an entire season premier league thats 1 every 2 games.) Then Ferdinand got injured and I brought in Richards and suddenly I let in a lot less goals. Biggest difference between Richards and Ferdinand is speed. Ferdinand is getting a bit old and already lost a bit of speed. So mabey your central defenders are a bit to slow? This tactic is quite attacking so the need for 2 fast defenders that can close down a dangerous situtation fast is probably very needed.

thanks guys for your replies.. and Furlo In first page there r hell of tweaks try them if they didn't work so IMO the players aren't getting along with it.. It needs a determined set of players for success so if u don't have those you will not be pleased with the results

Ramzinho i do have a fairly determined squad think the problem is my lack of pace at the back haven't got a quick defender in the squad and with no money to spend i think its a case of struggling on until the end of the season or see what i can get on loan.

Archived