Ramzinho's Back with A New Winning Tactic

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dadash2002:

hmm seemed to have quoted the wrong guy. My previus post was adressed to Dirty_ACE and not Maccab. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know Dadash, I did have a rough streak as well, back in January and a little bit into February but then it passed and I regained my form. However, this time around, everything was going very well and suddenly it's like my team hit a brick wall and that was the reason for my concern, that it wasn't a gradual loss of form but a sudden one. So I'll give it more time and hope we recover again.

@ davegould: which alternate tactics are you referring too? Do you mean the attacking version one?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use the defensive version.

Sorry, what I meant by alternate, is what Ramzinho said in the original post about "Tweaking"

With my "alternate tactic" I have both strikers swapping positions and also the AMC & either the AMR or AML swapping positions, depending on whether the AMC is right or left footed,

I think the only thing I changed from the original "defensive" tactic is to set target man supply to "mixed" - ALL of my strikers are target men.

I use the defensive version.

Sorry, what I meant by alternate, is what Ramzinho said in the original post about "Tweaking"

With my "alternate tactic" I have both strikers swapping positions and also the AMC & either the AMR or AML swapping positions, depending on whether the AMC is right or left footed,

I think the only thing I changed from the original "defensive" tactic is to set target man supply to "mixed" - ALL of my strikers are target men.

I'm crusing in the league. to be honest, I only ever use the defensive version of the tactic. If I need a desperate goal then I'll swap positions, etc...

Dirty.... I just went one down at home to Valencia after 3 minutes, then got 2 men sent off in 5 minutes later, then went on to somehow win 2-1 with 15 shots on goal to their 13! Amazing

Yes, target man is used in both tactics.

I haven't changed the attacking mentality at all in the alternate version - just purely the swapping.

Never used the original attacking version.

Started every game with the defensive version, and just used alternate tactic when I though my team was struggling against the opposition.

Some times, if I was 3 goals up at half time, I'd change to the alternate version to see if I could score more goals, as after half time I think the other side has sussed your tactic and they can usually stop you scoring if you've scored 3 or 4 in the 1st half.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

I seem to have problem breaking up the formation where a team lines up with 4 at the back plus 2 DMCs. Anyone have this problem?

I'm not sure if it's their tactic that's tough to break up or my team going through a rough patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sometimes my team doesn't perform well.. so i see what player cause the leakage and i criticise him and rest him for 2 games.. he comes back fired up for the games and perform well.

I also sometimes when playing against weak teams switch the allover team mentality to 3rd degree attacking and Defense Line is Level 1 Push up.. extreme wide game.. slow tempo and short passing... I go to play mixed at first time and down the flanks on second half... i switch the strikers and my mr/l if it's available and i sometimes push my fullback to forward runs often and byline crossing so they overlap the mr/l.

Try these things Ace and give me ur feedback here or on msn.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gordyboy8:

Hey Ramzinho

Was wondering when your new re-edited tactic was coming out/being released???

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well i am giving it a go for a season so i can release it with good land standing on it...

give me a couple of days may b on friday or saturday max.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yeshuayeshua:

Question..... How do I get my DMC to improve his average rating. He's doing the business in breaking up plays and defensive work, but how I I score him some nice average ratings with some attacking changes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) Sign a decent DMC with required skills and a good long shots and corners attribute

2) Give him a Forward arrow

3) set him to play your corners and he will be one of ur most assists man.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ramzinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

I seem to have problem breaking up the formation where a team lines up with 4 at the back plus 2 DMCs. Anyone have this problem?

I'm not sure if it's their tactic that's tough to break up or my team going through a rough patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sometimes my team doesn't perform well.. so i see what player cause the leakage and i criticise him and rest him for 2 games.. he comes back fired up for the games and perform well.

I also sometimes when playing against weak teams switch the allover team mentality to 3rd degree attacking and Defense Line is Level 1 Push up.. extreme wide game.. slow tempo and short passing... I go to play mixed at first time and down the flanks on second half... i switch the strikers and my mr/l if it's available and i sometimes push my fullback to forward runs often and byline crossing so they overlap the mr/l.

Try these things Ace and give me ur feedback here or on msn. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean by play mixed at first time? Do you mean mixed passing or mixed focus passing in first half?

Here is a great, great tip!!

When you close down opposing wingers with often and hard tackling, try to remember that at times their fullbacks also will enter the play.

You can counter the effectiveness of their fullbacks (especially ones with good crossing) by showing them onto their weaker foot so that when or if they do cross the ball, the percentages of it being a goal scoring opportunity is less likely. The same also applies to wingers.

With this little tip, I'm manager to get a few 5 ratings out of opposing full backs, one namedly, Gael Clichy, usually a very dangerous one

Ramzinho, I have another great tip

Since fullbacks and crossing are vital in this formation, look to the strengths and weaknesses of them.

For me, I have Chiellini and Traore. Now, Traore is great at dribbling but his crossing lets him down at 13. Chiellini doesn't have great dribbling, but he can cross. Since crossing is more vital in this formation there is a tweak around this.

To compensate for Chiellini's lack of dribbling ability, make his crossing from deep so he doesn't have to or try to beat his man to put the cross in. Also, limit his forward runs to mixed or rarely, depending on dribbling skill.

To make the formation work for you it;s simply a case of playing to the strengths and weaknesses. Don't let a player do something that he is not capable of, even if the tactic itself leans in that direction.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arsenal Rule:

Ramzinho if you don't mind ive uploaded a copy to The Gaffa. If want it removed just let me know.

direct link </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man... U posted my name there and you re asking me if i agree or not.. that's so decent from you and thanks for spreading it to the FM players.

One more thing for Dadash and davegould. Which version of the tactic are you using the most, the defensive or attacking version? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always use the defensive one. And don't tweak anything. Always play exactly the same. Except for 2 things I changed Rooneys shooting to normal instead of rarely since he has a very powerfull and accurate shot. And when Anderson plays AMC I drop my AMCs shooting to normal instead of frequently. Normaly VD Vaart is my AMC and he has a much better shot then Anderson.

For the rest I never tweak anything. Always have Messi on left and Ronaldo on right even though they can both play on both flanks equally well so could easly be switched. Augero is always my left attacker and targetman with run on to ball. Never change that asswell. And it worked perfectly this season.

Hi Every one. the new tactic will be released on Saturday.

Actually it's not new.. the player positions are the same but some tweaks have been made. those tweak were either listed by you or they have popped up into my mind while playing.

I have 2 guys testing on different teams and i will take their results along with mine.

The introduction to the tactic will be made better along with better explanation for the set pieces and for players choosing.

Hope you all enjoy this one until i have enough time to release the FinalMOD

Okay, just made some tweaks to Ramzinho's tactic that are very efficient.

If you're having problem breaking down a team then I suggest the following.

Two games I have tested this with, both 7-1 and 8-0 being the final score against Espanyol and Villareal.

Firstly, if your fullbacks have very high creativity like mine then move their creative freedom up four or five notches.

Secondly, if you don't have paricularly fast defenders, push the d-line up about 5 notches and switch on the offside trap. Despite the lack of pace, the skill level of the defenders will compensate for that.

What this will do is, when on counter-attacking your opponent will be swamped in his own half and when he does clear the ball, your pushing up defensive line will sweep up and rebuild the attack.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dadash2002:

One more thing for Dadash and davegould. Which version of the tactic are you using the most, the defensive or attacking version? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always use the defensive one. And don't tweak anything. Always play exactly the same. Except for 2 things I changed Rooneys shooting to normal instead of rarely since he has a very powerfull and accurate shot. And when Anderson plays AMC I drop my AMCs shooting to normal instead of frequently. Normaly VD Vaart is my AMC and he has a much better shot then Anderson.

For the rest I never tweak anything. Always have Messi on left and Ronaldo on right even though they can both play on both flanks equally well so could easly be switched. Augero is always my left attacker and targetman with run on to ball. Never change that asswell. And it worked perfectly this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's interesting as I use Aguero in the AMC position. I've found him to perform below expectations pretty often as a striker in this tactic. I don't think he likes going wide, however, at the AMC he gets to use one of his preferred moves which is run through the centre and does much better, at least for me.

For the rest I never tweak anything. Always have Messi on left and Ronaldo on right even though they can both play on both flanks equally well so could easly be switched. Augero is always my left attacker and targetman with run on to ball. Never change that asswell. And it worked perfectly this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's interesting as I use Aguero in the AMC position. I've found him to perform below expectations pretty often as a striker in this tactic. I don't think he likes going wide, however, at the AMC he gets to use one of his preferred moves which is run through the centre and does much better, at least for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well he scored 37 goals and had 27 assist last season so I'm quite happy about him. But now I also bought in Bojan so I might drop Aguero to AMC and play Bojan next to Rooney. With Messi and Ronaldo on the flanks. That would mean leaving van der Vaart on the bench who scored 35 last season so its a hard call. vd Vaart is 29 while Bojan is 21 so thats probably going to decide who gets to play.

yeshuayeshua

Actually the new tactic has the same tweaks for Fullbacks mentality. and yes it does matter and make lot's of difference

they new topic will be posted by saturday just after the premier league games. and i hope you like the presentation that gonna be done.

Also if any one has anything to ask before the new one is released i hope u ask so i can try to answer all your question in the new topic.

Cheers every one

Hey Ram, I tried your tweaks about slowing down tempo and short passing against weak teams and so far it has worked beautifully. Also it seems to have helped my strikers as they convert more chances with slower tempo.

I wanted to bring up the issue with the strikers to see what people here prefer in their settings. It seems that the ability of our strikers to score depends on several factors/settings. Those are mentality, creative freedom and tempo.

From what I've read is that mentality controls how many shots they will take at the goal, the higher the settings the more shots they take but not necessarily quality ones.

Creative freedom effects not only how well they stick to your instructions but to the type of shots they take. The more freedom you give them the more difficult and fancy shots they'll try, but they also tend to open up better and find space. With lesser freedom they tend to stick more to the basics. So as you can see there's an up side and downside to this one.

I feel like tempo effects their composure which in reality really shouldn't but in the game it does. The higher the tempo, the more they are rushed into taking the shots, while lowering obviously gives them a bit more time to make a better decision.

So there we have it. What I'd like to know or at least get a feel for what would be the optimal settings for the strikers to be most effective. I'd like to know if any of you adjust the settings for your strikers and how the results have been?

In my game I tend to keep their mentality lowered to the second notch of attacking, while keeping their creative freedom also down at the middle of the bar or sometimes even a notch or two lower. In terms of tempo, I've played a few matched on slow tempo, unlike the default which is quick, and I've noticed my strikers being more comfortable in front of goal.

wow my pompey team is in the year 2010 and had been very successful however couldnt hit a barn door this year, only getting 5 points from 12 premirship games.

so far so good with 4 wins in 4 playing the defensive version as i want to regain the morale then might try the more attacking version.

thanks A LOT

2nd season as Everton I finished 3rd this time round but went on to win the Champions League vs Valencia, I must say teamtalks really help alot Ive never bothered using them really but since using this tactic and speaking with Ramzinho I again agree with him its a must.

after another great season with Everton I wasnt sure whether to stay or move on until AC Milan came in with a offer I couldnt refuse so to speak, they finished 4th in serie A and I thought Id take up the challenge of making these fallen giants good again.

Championas Championas Ole Ole Ole

2nd Season final table

check out the guide by wolfsong for teamtalks it works amazing if you follow it and this is the proof.

thanks to Ramzinho and Wolfsong for these great tips and tactics

more to come.......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

check out the guide by wolfsong for teamtalks it works amazing if you follow it and this is the proof.

thanks to Ramzinho and Wolfsong for these great tips and tactics

more to come....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally agree, not sure if my new found success is due to the tactic or the team talks, but I shall be using both from now on.

Not sure whether to risk Ramzinho's new tactic as the the original one is working so well - I fear change!

Hey Ram, I tried your tweaks about slowing down tempo and short passing against weak teams and so far it has worked beautifully. Also it seems to have helped my strikers as they convert more chances with slower tempo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been waiting to try this for a while, but my team has been playing so well, we haven't been having many shots on target!!

Usually play high tempo, counter attack

Played Real in the CL semi final, 1 goal down at half time - 9 shots on goal 3 on target.

Changed to slow tempo (didn't change the passing), no counter attack in the 2nd half, had 12 shots on goal, 7 on target, so much better - also won the game 2-1.

Had my best ever season, won Comm Shield, League Cup, Prem, FA Cup, Champ League.

I've asked my board for a new bigger trophy cabinet. icon_biggrin.gif

I've been using your original tactic with Notts Forest on v8.0.1,fancied a different challenge;

Best move I've ever made using your formation and thought i'd post to thank you!

For anyone who's interested my Forest team are unbeaten in league and cup and i'm now in December.The mighty tricky trees are through to the League Cup qtr finals, FA Cup 4th round, Johnstone Paint gubbins Southern final and proudly sitting on top of League 1 8 points clear.

Guest redman78

Hey Ram...

Tried the tactic not bad results so far still awaiting the 10-15 game mark to se if the players have gelled yet. Seem to be letting in a few goals have tried the tweaks mentioned but to no avail do I need to wait untill the 15 games to see a difference.

I have Agger, Carragher, Finnan, Rise are they good enough ?

Any idea when the new tactic in arriving ??

Good bruv will give more detailed info once season is over!!!

An update from my game:

I'm now into my second season (7th season overall) with this tactic and still doing extremely well. I'm using the defensive (aka regular) version exclusively but I do make tweaks based on the scout report plus odds. This is something that was recommended to me and I now highly recommend to everyone, no matter what tactic you use. For example in my game, I tend to be a huge favorite in most matches so I actually increase the mentality to attacking most of the time and take off counter attack. However, it doesn't hurt to mix it up sometimes and just leave the tactic as is, you'll still get good results.

I've also noticed a few more things that I think would be useful tweaks:

In the tactic the strikers are set on mixed forward runs as default. If you see in a scout report that the opposition defense on the slow side, then I'd suggest increasing the forward runs to often for the strikers. Also increase the passing for all players to direct and set tempo to quick. This way you can take advantage of their weakness by quickly moving the ball forward past their defensive line and hopefully your strikers will put away some of the chances they'll get.

Now, there's a certain disadvantage to having your strikers on forward runs often, and that is your wingers and AMC will not be involved in the play as much.

What I've noticed, if you do keep the strikers' forward runs at mixed, then they tend to hang back a bit more and pass the ball off to either your wingers (who have forward runs on often) or to the AMC.

This is useful when opposition's defense is of good quality in terms of speed and/or positioning and anticipation. Your strikers will have a tougher time getting past them even with forward runs on often, so you probably want to keep them from running a lot forward and instead do some playmaking and passing.

What I've noticed is a striker will receive a pass and he is going to be marked by one or two players, however, the winger going forward will be completely free. So the striker will make a pass onto a which the winger will just run on and will usually put it away on first try or do a dribble or two before scoring.

I've done this with great success against many big teams such Real Madrid, Valencia, Liverpool, Juventus, etc.

Ok, here's my first post on these forums, despite the fact that i've been lurking for well over a year now!

Thought i'd give this tactic a go after my '11/'12 Newcastle team were under performing (to be fair, I think I sold too many core members of the squad). Swapped to this tactic about 2/3 of the way into the season, but it didn't help me turn the luck around and I ended up finishing in a disappointing 8th, missing out on a European spot. Newcastle didn't want to renew my contract, and frankly I didn't really care, I was after a new challenge. There'd been rumours on the grapevine that At. Madrid and Barcelona were after me as well, so I was sure i'd be fine in getting a new job.

So I let the contract run out, and just as had been talked about in the news Barcelona offered me a contract. They'd also underperformed in their '11/'12 season so they didn't have the highest of expectations (Euro Cup qualification being one of them). However being Barcelona they gave me a hefty transfer budget of 140mil, so I wasn't too concerned about the squad, I brought in Aguero, Higuain, Assulin, Lahm and Kolarov.

So anyway, back to the tactic! I started using it in the friendlies, deciding a full season test was in order. I was happy with the results (26 for, 6 against) in the friendlies, and thought i'd do well with this tactic in the league. Unfortunately, I didn't get off to a roaring start. I drew my first 7 matches, 4 of them 0-0. However once the team started to get into the swing of things the results started coming. Most notable results were:

Barcelona 6 - Celta 0

Barcelona 5 - Valladolid 2

Barcelona 6 - Racing 2

Barcelona 7 - Espanyol 2

These wins laid the foundation for a 29 game streak without losing. I eventually ended up losing to a strong Betis team 1-0 during an injury slump, however this would be my only defeat for the season.

So, final verdict on this tactic? Brilliant! This more than likely has to do with the sheer strength of my squad and what money can bring to a club, but i'm sure we've all experienced even the biggest money teams failing to perform because of shoddy tactics. I also recommend using the defensive tactic to get going, and for tough away matches, as it seems to do the trick with getting the team used to the tactic while not risking too much.

I found that using attacking midfielders (such as Messi) in the forward positions was also a good tweak to use, as they provided a plethora of brilliant balls to the other striker, and mainly the AMC. Defense was solid as a rock, but the DMC does get a lot of cards (Richards ended the season with 18 yellows and a red). One problem I did encounter was the wing backs and DMC sometimes holding onto the ball for too long, and getting dispossessed. This was easily remedied though by setting their creativeness a bit higher and moving their passing towards mixed, giving them more options in pressure situations.

Here's some screenshots of the season stats:

Final league table, hell of a lot of goals all round!

winrar.JPG

Team I used the majority of the time

winrarteam.JPG

Dominating the awards

teamofseason.JPG

playerofseason.JPG

Oh, and a sidenote, I'm also managing England and employing this tactic as well. It's a bit harder to get a national team into the swing of things because of the lack of decent friendlies to get a team accustomed to the tactic. It seems to be going pretty well though (despite the lack of talent available in the '12/'13 England pool!)

Wow, long first post! Need a rest now...

Thank you for this amazing tactics. I tried it with Fiorentina on my first season. I won the Serie A on the very last game of the season, UEFA cup and national cup. Lost a grand total of 3 games.

I did very little tweaking : minor punctual changes to the defense line, creativity and mentality settings. I also usually had my 2 strikers exchange position,which proved very effective, particularly during counter attacks.

Palacio, Van der Vaart and Pazzini were fantastic for me.

I had to post today after beating Arsenal 6-1 in the European Supercup icon_smile.gif

Archived