The Lost Season 4 thread *for episodes aired in the US/abc.com* *season 3 spoilers and a mid-season cut-off guranteed*

rosslarkin

Yet another post... I read a theory that proposed that Sayid took the bracelet of Elsa and gave it to Naomi as a reminder to himself with regards to... something. It would relate to the Charlie storyline with regards to having already lived life on the island once before. I don't quite get how it'd work, but it sounds cool, no?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lathund:

Yet another post... I read a theory that proposed that Sayid took the bracelet of Elsa and gave it to Naomi as a reminder to himself with regards to... something. It would relate to the Charlie storyline with regards to having already lived life on the island once before. I don't quite get how it'd work, but it sounds cool, no?[/quote

You mean the other way around? You don't think it was a flashback do you?

Wrong either way imo, it's because they are working for the same dude imo.

Originally posted by Goater666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

at the end? I thought it was obvious that was his voice icon_frown.gif

I think im one of the losties that doesn't actually pay that much to the episodes while im watching it. I sort of zone out and watch, if that makes sense? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I know what you mean, I sometimes miss/forget things and have to watch again.

Picked up on Ben's voice straight away though.

Originally posted by JK Galgreefe:

er yeah, the sayid in berlin storyline was clearly a flash forward given how long ben has lived on the island.

Of course it was a flash forward since they talked about the plane crash ffs. The theory circled around the fact that if "off-island" is ahead in time of the island, that Sayid took the bracelet and sent it with Naomi as she went to the island (and as such back in time), as a signal to himself. Somehow. Charlie having those "premonitions"; i.e having lived this already, would perhaps support a theory along those lines. Time-travel gives me headaches though so no idea how it'd work or even if it's what they're going for. Just thought it was an interesting theory.

That they worked for the same person/organization is a much simpler theory, but not as much fun icon_wink.gif Besides, it seemed like finding that bracelet on Naomi, or Naomi herself even, meant something to Sayid.

Btw, of all the things you could've said to show that it wasn't a flashback you chose one that didn't in any way prove it. All those passports, as well as the submarine, would indicate that Ben very well could've been in Berlin in the 21st century.

yeah i know. as soon as i posted it i realised how many other things proved it was a flash forward and how that really didn't. just the first thing that sprung to mind innit.

by charlie, do you mean desmond? if so, that's quite an interesting theory. i don't really follow lost other than watching the show and posting in here so i dunno if it's a popular one that's been doing the rounds for ages, but i am starting to think time travel could be involved in the storyline.

i don't think sayid did do that thing with the bracelet though. far more likely to be a bracelet commonly worn by the operatives of whichever organisation sent naomi and her people there, imo.

Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

Fairly certain that Ben's the one in the coffin now.

After this episode, it could easily be Sayid imo, getting killed while doing work for Ben. I just can't see why Jack would want to go to Ben's funeral after everything that happened.

Originally posted by JK Galgreefe:

by charlie, do you mean desmond?

Argh, of course. Somehow in my mind I have that storyline associated with Charlie and not at all with Desmond.

And I agree it's far-fetched, but like I say, more fun if it's not so obvious. It really did seem like he took Naomi's death in a way he wouldn't have if it was someone he had no connection to. Although it was probably just another indication to show that they're out to harm the Losties.

Originally posted by Andrew K:

I believe the cabin is a construct of the Monster. Locke kneels down and looks at a trail of soot/dirt. Doesn't the Monster leave those trails?

I'm not sure what they are tbh, but I remember them being focused on a bit when Ben took Locke there the first time, when the cabin was there.

Originally posted by Jonno-Blood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew K:

I believe the cabin is a construct of the Monster. Locke kneels down and looks at a trail of soot/dirt. Doesn't the Monster leave those trails?

I'm not sure what they are tbh, but I remember them being focused on a bit when Ben took Locke there the first time, when the cabin was there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wasn't it black when Locke/Ben went there? it seemed grey this time

Claire is attractive but not all that sexy in my book. Kate is #1. What's-her-face with Paoulo would be #2. And I might even put Sun & Juliet ahead of Claire. Shannon is too long and gone to consider.

She does have beautiful eyes and I love how she says Chaaaarley.

Does every know that the timing thing is a real life phenomenon (not sure if that is the right word) - And not just a science fiction thing Lost have invented?

Not to the extent where you would likly ever be 30 mins out of synch or whatever it was in Lost, but hope on a plane to Australia and back with a watch and I stay here with a watch and they will be slightly (as in about 100th of a second) out of synch when you return.

The physics lesson continues with you reading about "Time dilation" icon_smile.gif

Just having a conversation with Ant from these forums and I've decided I think that the woman who Sayid killed in this episode, was working for the same black guy who employed Naomi and the others to go onto the island. Think this because this woman was trying to find out information about Sayid's boss (Ben), who the black guy happens to be trying to capture. Also is quite viable that Locke was instructed by Ben/Jacob to kill Naomi, and the list which Ben refers to for Sayid to kill, was a list of the black guys employees, pointing to why he may have got Locke to kill Naomi.

A bit far fetched maybe, but a theory nonetheless.

Originally posted by Jonno-Blood:

Just having a conversation with Ant from these forums and I've decided I think that the woman who Sayid killed in this episode, was working for the same black guy who employed Naomi and the others to go onto the island. Think this because this woman was trying to find out information about Sayid's boss (Ben), who the black guy happens to be trying to capture. Also is quite viable that Locke was instructed by Ben/Jacob to kill Naomi, and the list which Ben refers to for Sayid to kill, was a list of the black guys employees, pointing to why he may have got Locke to kill Naomi.

A bit far fetched maybe, but a theory nonetheless.

Pretty sure they had exactly the same bracelet

A question:

1. When the fake plane was found, all passengers being dead would hav ebeen based on the fact that there were as many bodies as on the manifest and crew schedule?

2. If 1 above is correct, how can there be any Oceani survivors?

3. Naomi seemed to be genuinely surprised to hear that the people on the island were survivors of the crash.

Originally posted by Jongi:

A question:

1. When the fake plane was found, all passengers being dead would hav ebeen based on the fact that there were as many bodies as on the manifest and crew schedule?

2. If 1 above is correct, how can there be any Oceani survivors?

3. Naomi seemed to be genuinely surprised to hear that the people on the island were survivors of the crash.

1. It's not definite. They may not have found all the bodies in the water but due to the finding of the plane and no survivors coming forward then they were declared as dead.

2. I guess we'll see how everyone reacts to the Survivors and how it's explained in future episodes.

3. They had no contact with Naomi etc. prior to her landing, so I guess she expected it to be just inhabited by Ben's group.

prong breaks what would have made it 4 in a row

I can't seem to remember what happened to the rest of the Dharma crew. They were wandering about waiting for Locke to kill his Dad. What happened to them and the guy who was an original island person. Richard?

1. From the footage we got in the first episode of this season, did we not see the plane as being complete? I can't remember.

Originally posted by Andrew K:

Claire is attractive but not all that sexy in my book. Kate is #1. What's-her-face with Paoulo would be #2. And I might even put Sun & Juliet ahead of Claire. Shannon is too long and gone to consider.

She does have beautiful eyes and I love how she says Chaaaarley.

Nikki

Shannon

Kate

Naomi

Jack's Wife

Claire

Sun

Juliet

In that order.

No idea where Donner is coming from.

Archived