The Lost Season 4 thread *for episodes aired in the US/abc.com* *season 3 spoilers and a mid-season cut-off guranteed*

rosslarkin

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have met the enemy… and we are him.

The story has always been circular, but never has it been more obvious until this episode when our four new friends arrive on the island. What greets these fresh-faced newbies that dropped from the sky? An island full of cheering survivors happy to be rescued? Yeah right. Maybe two or three seasons ago, but not now.

“Light em’ up!†- Miles standing in the jungle, Jack telling him he’s surrounded by guns. Seeing him smirk at Jack, non-believing until a bullet whizzes by, a mirror-image of Jack – a mirror image of the situation the 815’ers encountered allllll those episodes ago. It was funny to watch, but it was alarming too. Look how easy it was for our main characters to become the very thing we all hated so much – the simplest of questions unanswered, the disparaging looks, the sarcasm, the jadedness…

Now imagine that you’re Charlotte for a minute. You arrive smiling happily, awestruck at the beauty of the island. “Hey look! Flares! My friends are there!†Yeah that’s nice. You ask innocent questions. Someone starts to answer you, but someone else tells him to shut up. You’re disarmed. Then someone swipes your radio and straps it to a dog that runs off into the jungle. What the hell is going on? None of this makes any sense! Hehe, sure it does (to us at least). “What? Don’t you want to be found?†Nah, not really. C’mon Charlotte, get with it – before someone slugs two bullets into your chest. Oops, too late.

The 815 survivors have cool jungle moves. The 815 survivors have rifles and guns. The 815 survivors have a camp, a really weird agenda (some of them anyway), and about half of them have no desire to leave the island. Sound a little familiar? You bet. Our beloved 815’ers have come full circle. They’ve executed their own purge, but the Others aren’t truly gone: the 815’ers have become the Others – without even knowing how.

THAT’S HOW SLICK THE ISLAND IS.

Originally posted by Jongi:

And how strange is it that when someone is telling you rescuing you is not his first priority, you go off and try find one his team members?

Possibly because you don't want someone who has a gun running loose on the island.

Originally posted by Sano:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

And how strange is it that when someone is telling you rescuing you is not his first priority, you go off and try find one his team members?

Possibly because you don't want someone who has a gun running loose on the island. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt the extra 5 minutes at most would be of that much consequence. Worse you are told you aren't a primary objective, so it might mean you are even bait.

I would want to have as clear an understanding of the situation before I went head first into another unknown.

Originally posted by Sano:

Most stuff that goes on in here goes unmoderated (and I don't even really give a **** about that), but any hint of foobs' name in a post and it needs deletion? Isn't that a bit petty?

Of course it is, but you aren't allowed to disagree.

Originally posted by pengedragon:

i need to watch 4x02 again

watched it quite late last night and it threw me completely. i mean more than it usually does

I had to the same myself. Found it confusing as **** to start with but once I watched again it was better.

Superb ep - Lost back on form.and as confusing as ever. icon14.gif Really interested to know who this new group are - someone perhaps trying to uncover Dharma's secrets or perhaps Dharma wanting justice for what Ben did. That latter motive could also be a red herring as how would Ben know so much about the 4 who have just parachuted in.

Interesting times indeed. icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by RedRob:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That latter motive could also be a red herring as how would Ben know so much about the 4 who have just parachuted in.

Well he told us, he has a man on their boat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course - but we all know that Ben has no problem telling lies when it suits.

Convinced it is a cover-up with the dummy plane, convinced MEGABLACKBOSSMANDANIELS is apart of some organisation hell-bent on getting Ben for what he did to Dharma - whether they want to kill him or use him remains a bit of a mystery at the moment. Convinced Daniel will crack somehow, as his fragility and cracks have already shown.

Still, it was a good episode and sets us up nicely. I must say though, I was let down with Ben's revelation of who the Freighties (yes, that is how we will refer to them - Freightmeisters or Freightinators are acceptable too). Ditto with Miles saying "I'll tell you what we're doing here" - when I saw these two clips on the Season 4 trailer, I was expecting some BIG revelations - comparatively small, in the end, though.

Originally posted by Paul Bacon:

I dont think we will ever know about the polar bear. Just one of those things that keeps running and running throughout the lifetime of Lost

Yup - wasn't there also something that Sayid and Jin saw when on the boat. It was a statue of a foot on the beach, IIRC? The writers always seem to throw a red herring in every now and then. Keeps folk guessing. I'm still waiting to find out as to what the black smoke is.

Something I don't think has talked about?

Interesting that they found a fossil of a polar bear with a dharma collar on it I thougt. How far back does Dharma go? And what were they doing with polar bears in the desert

nope i think this will be related to the orchid video, a bunny appearing at two places at once. Possibly an explanation for Ben being off island too

Has nobody mentioned the fact that both Locke and Ben looked shocked when Hurley just casually mentioned the cabin.

I think that's going to have something to do with how Hurley gets off the island. Ben and Locke think they're the only two who can see and hear Jacob, but we know that Hurley can aswell.

Originally posted by San Starko:

Has nobody mentioned the fact that both Locke and Ben looked shocked when Hurley just casually mentioned the cabin.

I think that's going to have something to do with how Hurley gets off the island. Ben and Locke think they're the only two who can see and hear Jacob, but we know that Hurley can aswell.

Didn't Locke know that Hurley knew about it though? Seeing as when Hurley was looking into it, Locke popped up at the window. Or wasn't that Locke? I don't know anymore icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Jonno-Blood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by San Starko:

Didn't Locke know that Hurley knew about it though? Seeing as when Hurley was looking into it, Locke popped up at the window. Or wasn't that Locke? I don't know anymore icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was speculation that it was Locke but it was never proven one way or the other.

Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

More to do with the island being visible for a brief second when Desmond turned the key - they weren't able to see it.

I believe Dharma only knew that their members were dead after the incident with Mikhail. Mikhail was acting like a Dharma member.

why was dan crying like a crazy fool when he found out about 815? seems such a odd group of people to go in and get ben.

was times when i was watching it tbh when i was like icon_confused.gif, seems to be taking a more and more supernatural approach to it nowadays which for me is disappointing. much preferred it when most things could be explained logically and you'd be trying to work out why and how this and that happened. i was watching miles flashback and thinking 'eugh' has it really progressed into people talking to the dead now.

Archived