Mixing home stats with motivation

roykela

Just wanted to know if there's a way to show the motivation on the home stats, during a match together with the other stats. Like getting them on the same screen?

I suppose you would have to edit some .xml files if it's possible at all.

It's just that i'm playing on a screen resolution that gives me plenty of space to include the motivation on the general info screen, on the home stats in a match.

Quite a noob when it comes to these things, but i know my way around (normally) if i get some guidance or tips.

Is it possible? If it is, then how do i do it?

Yes it should be possible by editing the 'match team stats full.xml' file located in the panels folder.

First you'll need to extract the panels.fmf file from the data folder within the installation folder of FM09.

If you are using one of the default skins rather than making a new skin you can just copy the above file when you have extracted it into your User Data folder: \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\ by default, create a panels folder within the FM09 folder and copy the above file into it, alternatively if you are using a downloaded skin copy the file into the panels folder for that skin (if that skin already has it's own 'match team stats full.xml' file edit that one rather than coping the default one over, just back it up first.

Now to edit the file you just need to open it in notepad (or notepad++ or a web editor)

When you open the file and scroll down you'll notice there are two long lists of coded - a bit with some random letters and either true or false - this determines what appears on the stats page in the match.

The first list is for the normal view, the second list is for the motivation view, you'll notice on the first list two lines are marked false meaning those columns won't appear on the screen - the first one is for the comment the other is for pass rate, change what you want to display from false to true:

<boolean id="M_cm" value="true"/>
<boolean id="M_cp" value="true"/>

If you want to change the order you need to rearrange the code that appears later on in the file, if you scroll down the file you'll notice several blocks of code like this:

<record id="match_stats_cards" width="15">

<flags id="sort_disabled" value="true"/>
<flags id="box_style" value="no_border"/>

<record id="column_properties">
<flags id="image_alignment" value="centre" />
<flags id="spec" value="control,small"/>
</record>

</record>

These appear in order of how they display in game, the first one appears to the left of the screen, the next one appears to the right of it - the code I've copied above is the card code, it is the second bit of code so appears as the second column in game, to change the layout you just need to cut and paste the code into the order you want.

When you are done save the file, load the game and turn the skin cache off and reload your skin and it should now work (provided you have enough screen space).

So...

When I play matches in only commentary, I can see a maximum of 2 information categories.

In this screen, I'm viewing TEAM RATINGS and MATCH STATS

ratingsoverviewkp5.png

In that, MOTIVATION an MATCH STATS

motivationoverviewuf8.png

So, the question is.. Can I make it like this (via altering some xml in the panels), with Ratings and Motivation combined?

combinedoverviewbi4.png

Thank you very much michaeltmurrayuk. Works like a charm. Absolutely fantastic.

Think i will try different other things as well, just for fun. So nice to see my pass completion percentage at the same time, so i will try to see if i can see the shots percentages as well. Still loads of space on my screen :p

Thank you very much for your help mate :)

So...

When I play matches in only commentary, I can see a maximum of 2 information categories.

In this screen, I'm viewing TEAM RATINGS and MATCH STATS

In that, MOTIVATION an MATCH STATS

So, the question is.. Can I make it like this (via altering some xml in the panels), with Ratings and Motivation combined?

Yes if you open the 'match team stats full.xml' file as above and look at the second long list of true/false lines, you'll notice only a couple are set as true, to display the other you just need to change false to true - it may take a bit of trial and error to work out which line corresponds to which stat.

To change the positions you just need to move around the code further down the file until you are happy.

Archived