Players Complaining about Refusing a Transfer when you Negotiated the Offer.

Why do players who want to be allowed to speak to a club complain when you negotiate that clubs transfer offer? Is it because the offering club never accept the negotiation?

It's a problem as clubs keep adding in clause such as 20 goals or 30 appearences, and I never want to accept those offers as the player rarely even manages to get a game for a bigger club, in the latest case it was Chelsea offering. So having £5m-£10m of the transfer in the form of clauses that will never be activated is infuriating. The player is now unhappy with me and I have no come back to interact with the player and say that the transfer offer wasn't in the clubs interest.

What's annoying is, when you try to buy somebody, and they agree to a contract, and then you are about to confirm the deal, but don't have all of the money, and delay... They then get unhappy because you 'Didn't allow them to talk with the other club'.

It hasn't happened to me, but it does happen...

If you're negotiating an offer, you're refusing the first offer. It's also to stop people just negotiating for £100m knowing the club won't accept it to avoid the unhappiness.

Yeah thats what i used to do :D

It would be nice if they could wait and see if the interested club accept my negotiated offer before he starts huffing and puffing.

I understand that, and if I was doing that I would understand. In this case I was just removing the £5m clause for 20 goals scored and adding it to the original fee. The player is never going to play enough games for Chelsea to score 20 goals so 40% of the total fee being in the form of a goals scored clause is rubbish.

I do negotiate to massive fees for some players, but not when they want to talk to the club. I just want to be able to renegotiate a clause filled transfer deal to a more simple one where I will actually see all of the money.

tbh, I didn't experience this (yet) on my current save (2nd season), when I negotiated any offer it was always 1,5M€ ~ 3M€ more that I asked for, and accepted the bids when they returned with the correct offer. That didn't seem to have a negative effect on my players.

I did got this when playing the Demo and 9.1.0.

This has happened to me. It's totally unrealistic, in real life players would definitely understand if you negotiated a bit.
Actually, real life players love to bitch and whine when a club doesn't accept the first offer to demand more money.

Just look at the Alazinho case in Norway..

Thinking about it some players do moan about transfers. It was more of a bit of a rant about the rubbish transfer offer that caused the player to become unhappy, the goals scored and appearance clauses add more realism to the game but the AI handles them very badly (I say they exploited them ;)).

I just "love it" when a team makes an offer for my players with an initial fee, 24 month installment (or whatever it's called :p), and a few millions after 10 goals.

If i remove everything, apart from the initial fee the team that want this player reject the negoiated offer.

Example:

We can say 5M£ + 2M£ over 24 months + 1M£ after 10 goals.

If i take away the 2M£ and 1M£ and leave the initial fee as it is, then the offering club will refuse.

Now, i don't normally do that kind of thing, but it can happen (and has happened) if i really want to get rid of a player. As in, making sure he will leave.

But instead of that being a sure thing, the club rejects the negotiated fee. Don't really know why, since it's a lot better for them financially with this new offer.

And the player is unhappy with me rejecting the offer from xxx.

I did it a couple of times just to make sure the player was leaving (or at least the offer was too good to refuse for the club that wanted him) and found out it wasn't possible most of the time.

Then i tried it for fun a few times, with the same result.

I know it's kind of stupid doing it, but why would a club who's offering the same initial fee plus the extras, reject the new offer which has the same initial fee, but without the installments and the 1M£ after 10 goals?

If i would have recieved a counteroffer like that, i would more than likely accept it straight away. Especially since i want that player in the first place.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and like OP said. The player is unhappy because i rejected the original offer. Would like to think that he knows that i'm trying my best to make sure he's getting away from the club, withouth scaring the offering club away :p

Archived