Promotion from the BSP- little fish, big pond...

fm_macuser

Hi guys,

Couldnt find a Braintree Thread or a General League 2 discussion suitable for this...

Have just completed back to back promotions with Braintree (just beat Oxford in the play-off final at Wembley!) and I am wondering what the best way forward is for attacking life in the League 2...

In our current season we vastly over-performed and somehow made the play-offs and managed promotion. Many of my players are now out of contract in a couple of weeks and I am wondering if I should stick with them or let them run out in the hope of attracting new blood. I know they are prob not up to standard and it may be a bit much to expect of them...

Basically:

Has anyone experience of doing this, and what did you find helped or hindered you?

and

How likely is it that I could let virtually all my squad go now and assemble a competitive squad for the new season in on a really small budget?

Cheers!

I find looking around Poland, Romania, France and Reunion can come up with some amazing free/cheap players, and my top tip is to check in there.

If you look there(and loaded there, as if you didn't there may not be as many players) you should be able to improve the majority of your squad.

If there's a core group of players that you think can survive the season keep them, find replacements for the rest before deciding on releasing anyone else and try and get a good parent club for a some decent loans. Don't just release the whole squad whatever you do, if you can't get the players in your pretty much screwed from the off.

I'm just about to be in the same boat and I've got a solid defence I can build on for the next season.

If there's a core group of players that you think can survive the season keep them, find replacements for the rest before deciding on releasing anyone else and try and get a good parent club for a some decent loans. Don't just release the whole squad whatever you do, if you can't get the players in your pretty much screwed from the off.

I'm just about to be in the same boat and I've got a solid defence I can build on for the next season.

i am about to take weymouth up with core of venezluan bolivian and reunion players, think they should be okay with core stats above 10 many above 12

time will tell

Archived