SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

It would be easier to release a beta-tac for testing. ;)

I'm not going to give it out anymore until i've released it for download when i feel its ready. A bit of an update i think the home tactic is done and doesn't require anymore tweaking, but it's only really useful against weaker sides at home or poor sides away. My control version is not upto scratch at all and no longer plays like it did on patch 9.2 and so far i've struggled to improve my performances much with it, as for the away i've had some good results away by mainly tweaking my home tactic, but i'm not dominating the games, the opposition has many attempts on goal, however most of these are from long range.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 9.2 tactic has been the best out of many tactics I have tried for FM09 & from what Ive read about the new 9.3 patch I have'nt updated my game but regarding the 9.2 patch and your tactic Pointon I would like a bit of advice from either yourself or any other poster using your tactic.

After getting the sack from my beloved Leeds whilst using old tactics I got the job at Harrogate & got sacked again & treaded water for a couple of seasons at my present club Staylibridge Celtic until employing your tactics.

Im having my best season yet. Were 2nd in the league and its all down to my home form which is W14 D3 L1 F48 A20 where as my away form is W5 D4 L9 F25 A34. I havent tampered with your tactic & my players are picked predominatly on pace & passing so what can I do to make my away form better.

Keep up the good work.

ok so ive been using the 9.2.0 tactic in the 9.3.0. game. with no tweaking at all, with great success

results so far

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww41/1peewee1/results.jpg

the latest game away at chelsea was most pleasing

Are you using home, control or both? As what i find is the home works ok on 9.3 but control doesn't, except for my Roma save in which my team is so strong even teams such as AC Milan come and try and park the bus.

The 9.2 tactic has been the best out of many tactics I have tried for FM09 & from what Ive read about the new 9.3 patch I have'nt updated my game but regarding the 9.2 patch and your tactic Pointon I would like a bit of advice from either yourself or any other poster using your tactic.

After getting the sack from my beloved Leeds whilst using old tactics I got the job at Harrogate & got sacked again & treaded water for a couple of seasons at my present club Staylibridge Celtic until employing your tactics.

Im having my best season yet. Were 2nd in the league and its all down to my home form which is W14 D3 L1 F48 A20 where as my away form is W5 D4 L9 F25 A34. I havent tampered with your tactic & my players are picked predominatly on pace & passing so what can I do to make my away form better.

Keep up the good work.

I never tweaked the tactics on 9.2. If your not having much success using the control away from home, then you might want to switch to the home formation and give it a try as some teams that face you will try and sit deep and put men behind the ball i find the home tactic can break them down easier, then later in the game switch to control.

My game is officially on hold untill your new tactics are released:D My players couldnt physically carry on anyway, the MR ML and MC are completly dead. Dont suppose youve managed to fix that?

In my Man City game using my tweaked versions mainly the home because i've had little success with the control, i notice the players do get more physically tired but not to the point it effects my game and at home i'm winning games usually by 3 or 4 goals, i've had a few away wins as well but thats with me tweaking my home tactic to suit but i'm not dominating and when i win these games i feel i've been lucky, thats why i'm not ready to release an away version yet as i think for many people they will suffer bad.

I haven't managed to get much play time in though so i think i'm going to try and start from scratch with an away version. As right now i'm at a loss to know whats been done in the patch to effect the control tactic so badly, i think it may be related to closing down, but so far everything i try against top teams results in them having around 20+ shots in a match, even though the majority of these are long range, it's still something i'm not happy with.

Are you using home, control or both? As what i find is the home works ok on 9.3 but control doesn't, except for my Roma save in which my team is so strong even teams such as AC Milan come and try and park the bus.

im just usin home tactic, even the away win at chelsea i used that tactic. cant go wrong with it mate

The home version is still doing the business I must say! Third season with spurs, played 11 won 11 scored 27 conceded 1.

Edit: seemed to jynx myself... Next game drew 1-1 with Villa. Did deserve to win though. Damn those 30+ yard curlers.

From the limited testing I've been able to do with the new tactics it appears that the home tactic works well, certainly against weaker teams. The away tactic is a bit hit and miss, but not far from being spot on.

I haven't managed to get much play time in though so i think i'm going to try and start from scratch with an away version. As right now i'm at a loss to know whats been done in the patch to effect the control tactic so badly, i think it may be related to closing down, but so far everything i try against top teams results in them having around 20+ shots in a match, even though the majority of these are long range, it's still something i'm not happy with.

Ive changed the closing down of the 3 midfielders to 2 above normal and even though teams are getting alot of shots like youve said there theyre mostly long range and not even half are on target usually. But the strange thing im finding is im having majority of possession and not getting nearly as many ccc as before yet im winning games comfortably against teams ive got no right to win against. For example my last game was against birmingham in the cup away, im crewe alex and my squad is more than capable of being relegated from league one but i put my reserves out and i come away comfortable 3-1 winners. Its been like that against alot of league teams aswell. Whilst this tactic isnt what it was in the dominating games department i think its become an excellent away tactic:D

Ive changed the closing down of the 3 midfielders to 2 above normal and even though teams are getting alot of shots like youve said there theyre mostly long range and not even half are on target usually. But the strange thing im finding is im having majority of possession and not getting nearly as many ccc as before yet im winning games comfortably against teams ive got no right to win against. For example my last game was against birmingham in the cup away, im crewe alex and my squad is more than capable of being relegated from league one but i put my reserves out and i come away comfortable 3-1 winners. Its been like that against alot of league teams aswell. Whilst this tactic isnt what it was in the dominating games department i think its become an excellent away tactic:D

Is that the control tactic that you achieved the result with?

Yes it is:thup:

Thats the original one isn't it? as i've not given you the tweaked version yet, or have i? Long shots are a problem the further up the league ladder you progress, as they have been tweaked in the patch and are now more far effective, and players like Gerrard rifle them in from 30 yrds constantly, i dont suffer from this using the home formation as i domnate matches, but away from home the opposition midfielders have acres of space to pick the shots, and so far i've not come up with a solution although i've struggled to get much play time in. As well as my City game i'm going to start a new game as Oldham in league 1 and see if i can tweak the control to give more steadier performances away from home.

I've read a few more threads on other peoples tactics and i notice alot complain of the amount of shots the opposition gets when away from home i'm wondering if this is infact tweakable when facing better or similar opposition away from home, as i think the AI managers set the midfielders and stikers to long shots often. I'll carry on looking for a solution but other then playing two defensive midfielders i cant think of anything to prevent this, and i'm opposed to doing that as it will take away something from the attack.

Thats the original one isn't it? as i've not given you the tweaked version yet, or have i? Long shots are a problem the further up the league ladder you progress, as they have been tweaked in the patch and are now more far effective, and players like Gerrard rifle them in from 30 yrds constantly, i dont suffer from this using the home formation as i domnate matches, but away from home the opposition midfielders have acres of space to pick the shots, and so far i've not come up with a solution although i've struggled to get much play time in. As well as my City game i'm going to start a new game as Oldham in league 1 and see if i can tweak the control to give more steadier performances away from home.

I've read a few more threads on other peoples tactics and i notice alot complain of the amount of shots the opposition gets when away from home i'm wondering if this is infact tweakable when facing better or similar opposition away from home, as i think the AI managers set the midfielders and stikers to long shots often. I'll carry on looking for a solution but other then playing two defensive midfielders i cant think of anything to prevent this, and i'm opposed to doing that as it will take away something from the attack.

Yes its the original. I just played my first home game with it (id had soemthing stupid like 5 away games on the bounce) i won 3-0 against Leister which im deligted with as ive always struggled to beat them:D I dominated the game but im still struggling on creating ccc. Heres the match stats-

Picture

EDIT: didnt want to clog up thread as it would only let me insert a direct image which was huge so ive just posted the link instead:thup:

url%5Durl%5D

Some time ago I started a new game (still with patch 9.2) and, after 2 seasons, the results were brilliant. Last season I simply dominated everything (inc. CL) and didn't lose a single game, conceding very few goals. I'm Benfica but my squad is utterly changed from the original one, with lots of very good youth and other cheap but very good players (only David Luiz is there, from the initial squad). I also didn't reload a single game, in case you're wondering. The control tactic did wonders against stronger (on paper) opposition, especially on CL. I destroyed Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool and Inter.

I always use quite a good deal of "show onto weak foot", some pressing (AMC and DMC), I few hard tackling and maybe a little bit of marking. Maybe this improves the tactic's effectiveness, I would like to believe. As for team talks, I see what the Ass Manager says but don't always follow what he advises.

Patch 9.3 came along while I was on preseason and installed it. Early signs are that the tactics are still doing their magic, I would even venture to say that they are even better than before. But I must also say that, up until now, I've only used the home tactic, no need yet for the control one. Only mildly difficult opponent was Olympique Marseille (Super Cup) which was severely dominated (19 shots against 6) and was defeated 4-1.

One thing to bear in mind is that maybe things are better if the team is gelled. Mine is and, for season 3, I've added practicly no one.

Used this tactic in the new patch and came 5th with Liverpool :( (in the first season) using the Control and Home tactic appropriately.

The control tactic isn't quite as effective on the new patch, i'm currently working on a new control tactic and will post when complete.

I'm hoping pointon can release a 9.0.3 version ASAP, my games on hold until then, i'm losing and drawing every match, and when I do win it's very lucky!

Sorry not had much playing time been busy last couple of days, i'm finding though the home tactic still pretty good and the new version of home so far i find even better, still struggling with the control though.

Some time ago I started a new game (still with patch 9.2) and, after 2 seasons, the results were brilliant. Last season I simply dominated everything (inc. CL) and didn't lose a single game, conceding very few goals. I'm Benfica but my squad is utterly changed from the original one, with lots of very good youth and other cheap but very good players (only David Luiz is there, from the initial squad). I also didn't reload a single game, in case you're wondering. The control tactic did wonders against stronger (on paper) opposition, especially on CL. I destroyed Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool and Inter.

I always use quite a good deal of "show onto weak foot", some pressing (AMC and DMC), I few hard tackling and maybe a little bit of marking. Maybe this improves the tactic's effectiveness, I would like to believe. As for team talks, I see what the Ass Manager says but don't always follow what he advises.

Patch 9.3 came along while I was on preseason and installed it. Early signs are that the tactics are still doing their magic, I would even venture to say that they are even better than before. But I must also say that, up until now, I've only used the home tactic, no need yet for the control one. Only mildly difficult opponent was Olympique Marseille (Super Cup) which was severely dominated (19 shots against 6) and was defeated 4-1.

One thing to bear in mind is that maybe things are better if the team is gelled. Mine is and, for season 3, I've added practicly no one.

Yeah the home tactic is very effective even on the new patch, but people and myself are finding the control now less so, except in my Roma save in which my squad is so stong i think any tactic would be great.

Sorry not had much playing time been busy last couple of days, i'm finding though the home tactic still pretty good and the new version of home so far i find even better, still struggling with the control though.

I understand, you might as well take your time and make everything perfect rather then rushing it and making it an unfinished tactic :thup:

Well ive tested the new home tactic for 5 home games and it seems really good. I deleted the old home tactic so im not even sure whats been changed. The big weakness i feel though is from defending corners, the way the players are set out the ball seems to just go through the middle for who evers at the far post to tap home. Also attacking corners need to be improved as they dont work the same as they did on 9.2 imo. Many of the chances created seem to be coming in at an angle so i think putting strikers crossing on mixed will help score more as you told me a while back. Overall i think its good and is just a few tweaks from being as good as it was on 9.2. My results are below:

Crewe 2-1 Norwich (won in extra time and was the better side against a team that posessed more quality)

Crewe 3-3 Huddersfield (went 3-0 down and battled back to 3-3, the players were all knacked from the norwich game and one of the goals conceded was from a poorly defended corner and another from a goalmouth scramble)

Crewe 1-0 Carlisle (dominated the game and should have scored far more than one)

Crewe 0-0 Port Vale, won 6-5 on pens (dominated the game and had many chances to score but failed to do so)

Crewe 3-0 Southend (brilliant win, dominated play and took our chances well)

Well ive tested the new home tactic for 5 home games and it seems really good. I deleted the old home tactic so im not even sure whats been changed. The big weakness i feel though is from defending corners, the way the players are set out the ball seems to just go through the middle for who evers at the far post to tap home. Also attacking corners need to be improved as they dont work the same as they did on 9.2 imo. Many of the chances created seem to be coming in at an angle so i think putting strikers crossing on mixed will help score more as you told me a while back. Overall i think its good and is just a few tweaks from being as good as it was on 9.2. My results are below:

Crewe 2-1 Norwich (won in extra time and was the better side against a team that posessed more quality)

Crewe 3-3 Huddersfield (went 3-0 down and battled back to 3-3, the players were all knacked from the norwich game and one of the goals conceded was from a poorly defended corner and another from a goalmouth scramble)

Crewe 1-0 Carlisle (dominated the game and should have scored far more than one)

Crewe 0-0 Port Vale, won 6-5 on pens (dominated the game and had many chances to score but failed to do so)

Crewe 3-0 Southend (brilliant win, dominated play and took our chances well)

Thats strange the attacking and defending corner set up is exactly the same as the old home tactic, in my City game Richards is prolific in the attacking corner routine, the thing is when your playing lower league is it's hard to get a player with high corner stats, that is essential to make sure he constantly delivers pin point crosses to the 6 yard box. Defending corners to be honest i've always used the default set up and it could be improved but i'm realy not sure how if anyone has any ideas i'm all ears.

Just this moment started a new game as Oldham to test abit more with lower quality players, hopefully if i can get it working right i'll release at the rnd of the season.

Ok cool. Ill look forward to it. I've put my game on hold now as I have tried to tweak your tactics but I have struggled. Hope it goes well with Oldham. :)

Thats strange the attacking and defending corner set up is exactly the same as the old home tactic, in my City game Richards is prolific in the attacking corner routine, the thing is when your playing lower league is it's hard to get a player with high corner stats, that is essential to make sure he constantly delivers pin point crosses to the 6 yard box. Defending corners to be honest i've always used the default set up and it could be improved but i'm realy not sure how if anyone has any ideas i'm all ears.

Ive implemented the defensive setup for corners i used to use and im just seeing how it goes atm. Just out of curiosity why did you lower the directness of the passing in the new home tactic?

Ive implemented the defensive setup for corners i used to use and im just seeing how it goes atm. Just out of curiosity why did you lower the directness of the passing in the new home tactic?

To give it more control and be abit more patient in the build up,as with my Roma game team we're parking the bus and i was struggling to break them down. It was down to the success i had over the last few seasons but if i hadn't enjoyed the success i had and teams wasn't so defensive i dont think i'd of needed to change it.

Hey pointon, thanks for sending me yours 9.3.0 tactics for testing.. ..

Im playing with Aston villa, started using your tactics at the beginning of my 2nd season

Playing home with Home tactics I have won all 9 games I played:) (well, except one which I played with my reserve team). So that works great...

Playing away with Home and Control tactics (depending on opponent and result during game) I achieved W3 D1 L3. Control tactics doesnt work great for me when playing away, Home tactics is slightly better but its not perfect solution when playing against bigger teams or rivals...

Opposition instructions: I do whatever assistant manager suggests during game

Most of games my opponent has bigger possession of ball than I do, and they have twice as much shots on goal almost every game but only like 40% on target and most of them from distance. And since I get good results I dont mind much..

I must point out I dont play in European competitions this year so I dont have tight schedule which allows me to play with my best eleven at 100% condition every game (playing every 3rd day last season killed me, had to rotate much and often played with tired players, lots of injuries). Also, I have to point out that I have very good squad with few transfers (I have 9 five star and 6 four star players) so my team is much better than Aston Villa is at the beginning of the game... I have 5 star coaches on all trainings from start of the season

In premiership Im currently in 4th place but only one point behind leaders Arsenal (W9 D1 L3, goals difference 29-11)

In conclusion, Home tactic is great (winning home games and away when Im favorite) but we still need solution for bigger teams and rivals away... Thanks for sharing, if you need any more information just ask

Pointon; im really happy with the control tactic with a minor tweak to the closing down, it doesnt dominate like it used to but its unbelievable if your up against a better or similar team. From using it for around 14/15 games ive lost once and that was 2-0 to fulham in the cup, i thought my crewe side were a certainty for relegation from league one yet i find myself 2 points behind leaders leeds with a game in hand, not to mention ive scored the most and conceded less. As i said a few posts ago this would be an excellent away tactic. Ive fixed the problem with the defending corners aswell now. If your still trying to tweak the control and away tactics ill send you this if you want to give it ago, whats your e-mail?

Btw still testing the home tactic, will post some more results later:thup: