zonal or man or neither work

Im starting to get annoyed at fm...

i try man marking, but i get beaten by pace constantly or RIDICULOUSLY REGULAR player mistakes leading to goals being scored against me

i then change to zonal, only to have the penalty area blitzed by opposition players overloading the zones and concede goals because people are unmarked in the area

HOW CAN I DEFEND?!?

my first team back four is - Lucas Neil/ Faibert at DR, Matty Upson and Michael Dawson and centre back and Nytanga as DL - they all have decent stats admitidly not the best - Upson is quickest at 16 pace, Dawson is 11 so i play relativly deep defence, all positioning and concentration stats are good

HELP ME!!

OK i play with a deep defence (on the boarder of deep and normal)/ the back 4 all have little creative freedom and ultra defensive with no forward runs for any - i either have Mark Noble or Maduro, playing as DM's or MC's sometimes a 4-2-2-2 or 4-4-2 formation, it just is frsutrating watching the same mistakes over and over again

Depends how big the pitch is. If it's a long pitch, I defend "normal". If it's fairly short I tend to "push up". But I also watch the opposition's chances. If they are getting behind the defence fairly often, I'll change to deeper. If they are skinning my players for pace I'll push up more.

It all depends on the match that you're playing. No golden formula, I'm afraid.

Top tip: watch a couple of matches on full detail to see where your problems are and counter those. I was really struggling tactically, but started watching the match on full detail for a) the first ten minutes or so and b) whenever the AI changes tactics (I have a widget showing this). I started to win games after a terrible couple of starts.

Archived