Feedback on Tactics.

My AM keeps reporting back to me that a player is:

"... acts if he is used to playing at a higher tempo than asked to today"

Correct me if I am wrong, this means I should increase his tempo, but isn't it a team only slider?

"it looks like ... is used to closing down opponents more often than asked to today"

So here I have to increase his closing down slider?

Sorry if it sounds dumb, just wanted to check.

I rarely amend any instructions in response to these messages, as I don't want to unbalance my tactics to suit one player, I just accept that he might not play at his best for a while. I've found that after a few games the player gets used to the way I want him to play anyway.

In answer to your questions, yes, Tempo is team only, and yes, you could increase his closing down instruction, but (and I'm answering a question with a question here), if that means leaving gaps in dangerous areas, is it worth it?

I rarely amend any instructions in response to these messages, as I don't want to unbalance my tactics to suit one player, I just accept that he might not play at his best for a while. I've found that after a few games the player gets used to the way I want him to play anyway.

In answer to your questions, yes, Tempo is team only, and yes, you could increase his closing down instruction, but (and I'm answering a question with a question here), if that means leaving gaps in dangerous areas, is it worth it?

The outcome of the tactical change isn't really the issue. Its the reaction from the AM to the change. Which was none at all, which makes me think is this a bug?

Archived