'Unhappy With High Workload'

Does this matter if the player isn't sustaining lots of injuries? Or does it actually have determintal effect on progession.

I've got a lot of youth who don't seem to be progesses much, even though they've been tipped for great things, is it worth while putting them on intensive training even if it makes them upset, or is it more benefical to be on something they are content with?

I had tested "training unhappiness" in an earlier version of FM (I think it was FM07) and it did have a bad effect on development. So I 'd try to make them content, if I were you. This can be achieved via two direct methods:

1) Reduce overall training workload.

2) Reduce specific training regimes that may be causing the problem (e.g. Strength training, for a technical player). In this case you may even be able to maintain overall workload high, by increasing something that the player is good at (e.g. Ball Control, for technical players) . This doesn't work for everybody, btw, but it's worth the shot.

And one idirect:

3) tutor them, so their Professionalism increases. The more professional the player, the more training he is willing to take.

Apart from that, the best thinga to do for developing your youngsters is give them enough play time in your first team (or loan them out for a season or two, if you can't), keep them happy (training, contract), and tutor them, if needed. It helps if the youngsters are professional and determined. Thus, Resilient, Spirited, and Resolute personalities plus good determination make good tutors. Good luck.

Archived