Squad Numbers

I think I've asked about this before, and it didn't get included in the 08 version. I know there was a good reason why it couldn't be included.

But please... can we have squad numbers for the 09 version? I know it's probably not that important to people but for me it just adds that little bit of realism to the game.

That's all.. thanks. icon_razz.gif

I think I've asked about this before, and it didn't get included in the 08 version. I know there was a good reason why it couldn't be included.

But please... can we have squad numbers for the 09 version? I know it's probably not that important to people but for me it just adds that little bit of realism to the game.

That's all.. thanks. icon_razz.gif

Personally I just don't see the point. Without a 2D match engine, theres just no reason to include it. You would just select their numbers at the start of the season and never see them again... Except maybe if the registration for continental competitions was improved, but even the that isn't really squad numbers... icon13.gif

The big advantage of squad numbers would be that it would tidy up the formation / player position screens. When you play a formation like 433 or 4132, where there are three central midfielders or three strikers, the names invariably don't fit, and end up split over a couple of lines.

By having the names listed at the side (as they currently are) with squad number adjacent, the formation could then be displayed with player numbers only, which is the case with Championship Manager for the PSP

Archived