FM09- Official League of Ireland Team Guide

fm_macuser

strated at shamrock in july 08 signed 2 scouts and a Northern irish wing back from crusaders for under 1K, trying to sign anthony hall from brisbane for free in 2 nd place behind cork city by 7 pts knocked out of league cup by UCD but hoping to win senior challenge cup and euro qulifaction in league ie 2nd or 3rd. think i can do that?and also any players u think i should sign as well would be appreciated got £83K and spare 1K wages left from bugdet

depending on what leagues you added, but I found some great finds in spaina and romania (9.03) :

oscar de marcos - 12k from alaves

toti - 18k from salamanca

angel - 8k from tenerife

donal mcdermott - free, man city

tibi balan - free, sportul

matt richards - free, ipswich

ryan france - free, hull

also josh lambo if you can get him

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I have a game going with Bohemians and am actually doing pretty well for an Irish team in the CL. I made it 2 years ago to the knockout round before losing to Arsenal and the past two seasons have been in the Group Stage. My question is how do you keep your talent. I've been bringing in good regens and they have been doing well, but everytime they begin to develop, they want to move onto a bigger team and refuse to sign contract extensions, so I sell them before I lose them on a free. Is it just a matter of building up my team's reputation to where they want to stay or is it always going to be that way because the Irish League is not a top-flight league. It's not like I'm losing these players to top teams in England or Spain, but to teams in Belgium and Romania who aren't even involved in European football.

Hey, I have a game going with Bohemians and am actually doing pretty well for an Irish team in the CL. I made it 2 years ago to the knockout round before losing to Arsenal and the past two seasons have been in the Group Stage. My question is how do you keep your talent. I've been bringing in good regens and they have been doing well, but everytime they begin to develop, they want to move onto a bigger team and refuse to sign contract extensions, so I sell them before I lose them on a free. Is it just a matter of building up my team's reputation to where they want to stay or is it always going to be that way because the Irish League is not a top-flight league. It's not like I'm losing these players to top teams in England or Spain, but to teams in Belgium and Romania who aren't even involved in European football.

Its League of Ireland not Irish League.

strated at shamrock in july 08 signed 2 scouts and a Northern irish wing back from crusaders for under 1K, trying to sign anthony hall from brisbane for free in 2 nd place behind cork city by 7 pts knocked out of league cup by UCD but hoping to win senior challenge cup and euro qulifaction in league ie 2nd or 3rd. think i can do that?and also any players u think i should sign as well would be appreciated got £83K and spare 1K wages left from bugdet

I gave some reccomendations earlier in this thread but the starting shamrock rovers team isnt bad, lots of young players.

McGill and Doyle are two of my best players.

Archived