Short Corner???

This is just a wild guess, but maybe this is connected with the time wasting slider? Maybe if you set the time wasting slider to maximum it would start playing short corners?

Maybe you have time wasting on mimimum and the corner taker thinks you are in too much of a hurry to goof around with short corners?

This is just a wild guess, but maybe this is connected with the time wasting slider? Maybe if you set the time wasting slider to maximum it would start playing short corners?

Maybe you have time wasting on mimimum and the corner taker thinks you are in too much of a hurry to goof around with short corners?

I don't think that is the reason why this is happening. hmm. sounds buggy if i want a short corner I do exactly what you think you'd do. Corner aim to short option. With one of my winger being a short option. Seems to do it. And even in Mixed Corner aim occasionally the corner taker will pass it short (but very occassionally if put on mixed).

Maybe its the way you are watching the match. ie. Key highlights only. so perhaps you never see the short corner being used as they never amount to anything. Then again perhaps you aren't that stupid not to realize that already so i assume perhaps you are right might be a bug.

Make sure the corner taker doesn't have high creative freedom, as he'll ignore and do what he think's best. Also make sure you select the short option from the team instructions set piece section.

Well its a little difficult to prevent him from having high creative freedom. He's my AML.

That's probably why he's doing differently as you've gave him license to ignore you. Does he have good flair and creativity?

Flair 14, Creativity 12.

So if I reduce his CF slider, his natural abilities should counteract that? Or not?

If you reduce his CF then he should stick to how you've instructed him to play more. Higher the CF he just play's how he sees fit.

He should do, what league you playing in? Plus what are his other isntruction's set to? Also isn't there anyone else better suited to take the corners?

I'm in League One. He's the best at corners.

What other instructions do you need to know? His passing style is short, CF normal, Mentality 1 over Normal.

Yeah that's something that I'm going to do from now on, I generally just watch Key moments, but that's not going to help in the long run.

Nope as you won't know if its a problem or not, as the highlight's are just edited bits from the game. So because you see something often in highlight's doesn't mean that's generally the case for the full 90 minutes.

My god, watching a full game is going to take an awful long time to do.

But I bet you'll find that you have more success by doing that!

I used to play watching the key highlights only but it's much easier to see what is really going on watching the full match and change accordingly. I do much better now :)

But I bet you'll find that you have more success by doing that!

I used to play watching the key highlights only but it's much easier to see what is really going on watching the full match and change accordingly. I do much better now :)

So not even extended? I may actually have to watch it on full, but turn the speed up a notch or two.

So not even extended? I may actually have to watch it on full, but turn the speed up a notch or two.

Sorry, I meant to say that extended is what I used to watch but now I watch full game.

Yes, it takes ages to get through a full season and as it takes me a couple of hours to get through one match but I found that if I rushed through I'd make silly mistakes that would annoy me!

Sorry, I meant to say that extended is what I used to watch but now I watch full game.

Yes, it takes ages to get through a full season and as it takes me a couple of hours to get through one match but I found that if I rushed through I'd make silly mistakes that would annoy me!

2 hours for one game? Is that from kick off? or from preparation?

2 hours for one game? Is that from kick off? or from preparation?

I suppose with preperation included it takes me just over two hours!

I first write down all the opposition players and the key stats for their position. Then I'll work out from there how I want to handle each player with OI. Then after each 15 minutes of the game I'll write down the stats of the match and study them and make adjustments where necessary.

Sometimes I do just want to fast forward and I know for most people it would drive them mad but that's how I enjoy it and I think helps provide better results.

I first write down all the opposition players and the key stats for their position. Then I'll work out from there how I want to handle each player with OI. Then after each 15 minutes of the game I'll write down the stats of the match and study them and make adjustments where necessary.

Sometimes I do just want to fast forward and I know for most people it would drive them mad but that's how I enjoy it and I think helps provide better results.

Hmm, but is it realistic? Does Arsene Wenger have that kind of opportunities?

What is your record? It has to be pretty high.

It is not necessary to watch each game "full match". I watch extended highlights and follow closely the action zones and the team/ player stats. If all goes well it is not necessary to watch it all. I might watch full match if the game is going unexplicably badly, or the last 15-20 mins of a very important game which is still undecided by the 70th min.

Hmm, but is it realistic? Does Arsene Wenger have that kind of opportunities?

What is your record? It has to be pretty high.

Is it realistic? I've never really though about that but it doesn't bother me. You have to freeze the game to see what is going on.

My record? Well I started out with Shrewsbury Town in League Two

1st season - reached the play offs but failed to get promotion

2nd season - gained promotion to League One by finishing runners-up

3rd season - gained promotion to the Championship via the play offs

4th season - relegated back to League One

5th season - gained promotion back to the Championship by finishing runners up

Current 6th season - A number of clubs offered me a job and I decided on Sheffield United and have so far won 6 and lost 1 and currently 3rd in the table.

In my last season with Shrewsbury Town I knocked out two Premiership teams (Liverpool and Sunderland) in the FA Cup.

The first few seasons I played a lot faster and made mistakes but still done ok but now I play a lot slower and I prefer it that way. :)

Well I run a web design business from home, so I don't really have that much time to dedicate, well not as much as you good self. Wish I did have the time. Oh and I'm married so not really appreciated by the wife, although she did buy me the game.

But I do concur, a slower approach is needed, but not that slow. :)

Depends really, only takes me a short period of time but I don't watch every single game. And you can save the match and watch it at a later date via the main menu page.

Thats sounds really good..and i might try it.

But I guess to do that i would have to call myself "Footy-nut" too. lol

Thats sounds really good..and i might try it.

But I guess to do that i would have to call myself "Footy-nut" too. lol

Actually, I played a game last night and it took about an hour and a half with preperation although I did switch to key highlights in the second half after I'd gone 4-0 up eventually winning 6-0!

I just feel that by watching the game in full you can control the match.

I think we must all be footynuts :)

Actually, I played a game last night and it took about an hour and a half with preperation although I did switch to key highlights in the second half after I'd gone 4-0 up eventually winning 6-0!

I just feel that by watching the game in full you can control the match.

I think we must all be footynuts :)

That's how I started off learning, after a while it speeds up a lot though and you'll be able to do all the changes in super fast time. Plus you'll be able to do all just watching highlights :)

That's how I started off learning, after a while it speeds up a lot though and you'll be able to do all the changes in super fast time. Plus you'll be able to do all just watching highlights :)

I hope you're right Cleon as it would be nice to get through a season a tad quicker!

I was even replaying some of my earlier games of the season last night to see the difference in the adjustments I had made! Sad I know but I'm sure you understand :)

Archived