Melfi - Far South in the Basilicata

Loeffle

23.10.05 - 15:00 - D'Alcontres, Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto - Serie C2/2

Igea Virtus 6th (Sicilia) - Melfi 2nd 2:2 (2:2)

Dry 29°C

Attendance: 1332

Referee: Emilio Ostinelli

Melfi (4-4-2)

Nicoletti

Marciano - Fumagalli - Cuomo - Avolio ©

Rodio - Doumbia - Esposito - La Porta

Lauria - Roberto

Goals:

0:1 La Porta (24' - direct freekick)

0:2 La Porta (27' - direct freekick)

1:2 (29')

2:2 (35')

Sent off:

Igea Virtus (26' - direct)

Fumagalli (31' - two yellow)

MoM:

Antonio La Porta (AM RL, Melfi, the Juninho of Melfi)

After the lovely trip to Roma, now another long trip to Barcel(l)ona. No, Ronaldinho and friends didn't move down to Serie C2/C, but there's also a town called Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto on Sicily, not very far from Messina. The bookmakers had the local team Igea Virtus as clear favorites, so we were warned. I almost kept to the slogan "never change a winning team", but Gravante was sent to bench, while Doumbia started again. I also switched Marciano and Fumagalli between DL and DC as Marciano seems to be better suited for center.

My yellow and green started like a thunderstorm and simply roled over Igea Virtus. We had the ball over 60 % and the hosts created simply nothing. After 24 minutes Lauria was fouled and La Porta converted the freekick in fashion. Only three minutes later Roberto got clean through on goal before was hacked over 20 yards before the goal. Red Card for the defender and another jewel by La Porta. I felt like this could become a memorable day again. Very wrong. Another two minutes later we lost the ball in midfield and the host scored with first shot on goal. Well, hot game with many bad tackles. Fumagalli couldn't keep cool and collected his second yellow card. Marini the Igea Virtus striker brought a thrilling quarter to an end by equalizing the game. They hat two shots on goal and scored twice. My switch in defense was not a good one.

Second half was far less entertaining but we simply couldn't break Igea Virtus' back three as I had Lauria as sole striker now. They themselves didn't create much as well. We should have won this game easily, but we will take this point as well.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30.10.05 - 15:00 - Sant'Abruzzese, Melfi - Serie C2/C

Melfi 6th - Potenza 14th (Basilicata) 2:0 (1:0)

Wet 15°C

Attendance: 1922

Referee: Johannes Donati

Melfi (4-4-2)

Nicoletti

Marciano - Patarini - Cuomo - Avolio ©

Rodio - Gravante - Esposito - La Porta

Lauria - Roberto

Goals:

1:0 Gravante (19')

2:0 Venturini (94')

MoM:

Michele Nicoletti (GK, Melfi, solid as rock, saving all four shots which were on target)

Derby time in the mountains! Potenza which is the capital of the region where Melfi is located travelled into town. A trip of only 38 km's through the mountains. As some locals told me Melfi has so far always been the small brother of Potenza which is much bigger and wealther than Melfi. The bookies had Potenza as favorites even if they struggle this year. Of course we didn't do well at home either. For the first time this season we play a game with wet conditions.

For the red-carded Fumagalli Patarini gets another chance, Marciano moves back to DL. Doumbia is once again replaced by Gravante, who did well in training. Before the game I had a little mind game which was started by Potenza coach Porta. My guys were on fire to be honest.

The game was intense, but never unfair. First 20 minutes offered some midfield battling, which led to one good chance on both sides. After 19 minutes Gravante broke free and scored his first ever goal. The crowd went wild. Potenza almost hit back two minutes later, but La Porta removed the danger after a corner. Lauria our go to guy was especially motivated today, shooting seven times at goal, but looked a bit overmotivated as he lacked concentration i front of the goal. Two players (Esposito and La Porta) went down with injuries during first half. We replaced them with Selvaggi and Doumbia.

Thankfully these changes didn't hurt our performance. Lauria alone had three good chances in the first 15 minutes of second half to decide the game. His misses made Potenza stronger who had themselves 15 good minutes. But defenders did a very good job covering their topstriker Xausa. Right before the final whistle Venturini converted a Doumbia cross and sent our fans into ecstasy. The derby was won and small Melfi is the No 1 in Basilicata while Potenza is battling relegation.

02.11.05 - 19:30 - Tupparello, Acireale - Serie C Cup Qual. Round Leg 1

Acireale Serie C1/B (Sicilia) - Melfi 1:2 (1:2)

Dry 17°C

Attendance: 457

Referee: Luca Palanca

Melfi (4-4-2)

Nicoletti

Marciano - Patarini - Cuomo - Avolio

Selvaggi - Doumbia - Rodio - Cammarota ©

Lauria - Roberto

Goals:

0:1 Rodio (4')

1:1 (6')

1:2 Roberto (8')

MoM:

Luca Patarini (DC, Melfi, won every header and played well after getting another chance)

Another long trip to Sicily in the middle of the week for us to play in the Serie C qualification round. Actually I didn't await much as two offensive players were injured, another needed rest due to exhaustion. Acireale also plays very well in the Serie C1, having not lost a single league game at home. I guess they underestimated us when they saw who started for Melfi. Anyway they woke up quickly after we took the lead after only four minutes. Everybody who came late for this game should shoot himself, as the home team equalized only two minutes later. Actually the scoring of the game was done after only eight minutes when young Franceso Roberto gave us the lead. Both of our goals were assisted by good old Lauria who again wasted a number of chances himself. After we took the lead I expected the Sicilians to increase pressure, but we allowed them only two more chances throughout the 90 minutes. We should have won this game by more than one goal, but I certainly won't complain about two away goals and a deserved win against a superiour team.

06.11.05 - 15:00 - Sant'Abruzzese, Melfi - Serie C2/C

Melfi 6th - Real Marcianise 3rd (Campania) 4:1 (2:1)

Wet 21°C

Attendance: 2215

Referee: Andrea De Faveri

Melfi (4-4-2)

Nicoletti

Marciano - Patarini - Cuomo - Avolio ©

Selvaggi - Doumbia - Rodio - Gravante

Lauria - Venturini

Goals:

0:1 (12')

1:1 Cuomo (39' - direct freekick)

2:1 Venturini (44')

3:1 Lauria (57')

4:1 Gravante (60')

MoM:

Almamy Doumbia (AM L, Melfi, three assists)

Once again a match against a top team. I even started wondering if I ever play against teams from the bottom half of the standings? Anyway Marcianise are from Campania, close to Napoli and as me freshly promoted. They started even more impressive than me and I was prepared for a hard battle.

The Campanese showed they are now pushovers and took the lead with their second chance. After their game the match was an open affair, but somehow we didn't create quality chances. So it was up to central defender and his freekick to level the game. We caught Marcianise by surprise and Venturini showed he likes to score at home by giving us the lead just before halftime tea.

Without knowing it this goal meant the end of Marcianise's resistance. Lauria's goal just after the break was ruled out due to offside. But in 57th minute the big old man scored in his typical fashion. Young playmaker added our 4th goal after 60 minutes and from now on we could even rest some key players for the 2nd leg in cup. So far the most impressive home performance which sends us up to 2nd place.

06.11.05 - BAN (SF) - Fritsche lifts Melfi

Few people expected Melfi to be flying as high as they are in the league but Melfi have never looked back since opting to bring Andreas Fritsche to the club back in July.

The current manager is proving to be a shrewd operator, bringing fresh confidence to the team and guiding them to an impressive seven wins during his first fifteen games in charge.

09.11.05 - 19:30 - Sant'Abruzzese, Melfi - Serie C Cup Qual. Round Leg 2

Melfi - Acireale Serie C1/B (Sicilia) 2:3 (2:1) 4:4 on aggregate (Acireale advances on away goals)

Wet 14°C

Attendance: 2253

Referee: Salvatore Racalbuto

Melfi (4-4-2)

Nicoletti -

Selvaggi - Rodio - Cammarota © - Gravante

Lauria - Roberto

Goals:

1:0 Lauria (8')

1:1 (12' - penalty)

2:1 Roberto (43')

2:2 (65')

2:3 (77')

MoM:

Manuel Errante (ST, Acireale, matchwinner with two goals)

Obviously one of the big matches this seasons, as we had the chance to advance in the Serie C Cup against a big name. Sadly we had to play without four starters, three were out with injuries and Doumbia was banned.

Obviously Acireale started very aggressive, because they had to overcome a one goal deficit. After only two minutes they hit the bar. But we stroke back after a very nice counter which Lauria converted. Now we really had the game at our mercy, as we love to play very deep and counter against our opponents. This gameplan was partly undone when Marciano, who had a horrible night, committed a penalty after 12 minutes. Still we played a perfect first half which was capped by another lovely goal just before the break. Now we lead 4-2 on aggregate and hopes at Sant'Abruzzese were very high.

Second half was another game as the visitors were trying to take the game away. And they did well doing that. Making some defensive substitutions didn't keep them from creating chances and equalizing the game. My guys simply became tired after the hard match against Marcianese just four days ago. They kept fighting but the third goal by Acireale was no surprise. The lone shot we had came after 83 minutes, when Marciano almost scored with a direct corner.

Sad we were eliminated, but we really had two very good displays against Acireale. Also sad, because our financial situation is not good. Now full focus on the league!

20.11.05 - 15:00 - Erasmo Iacovone, Taranto - Serie C2/C

Taranto 4th (Puglia) - Melfi 2nd 2:0 (1:0)

Dry 20°C

Attendance: 2628

Referee: Aurelio Putzolu

Melfi (4-4-2)

Nicoletti

Rodio - Doumbia - Cammarota © - Gravante

Lauria - Roberto

1:0 (17')

2:0 (61')

MoM:

Emanuele Catania (AM RC, Taranto, one goal and one assist)

Another trip down to south to a very old Greek town (founded 706 BC). The pundits wrote we would have absolutely no chance there even if did very well on the road so far. Thankfully we had ten days without game after the cup exit, so that we were almost travelling there on full strength.

The game itself - supposed to be a top match - was very disappointing and also Taranto whose squad contains some Serie A and B loanies didn't play especially well. But their finishing and ball control was today better than mine. They scored during good periods and deserved the victory. Hopefully we can rebound from this loss after our non losing streak of five games came to an end on the coasts of Gulf of Taranto.

21.11.05 - The Serie C2/C league table

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Viterbo | | 11 | 6 | 2 | 3 | 16 | 11 | +5 | 20 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Taranto | | 11 | 6 | 2 | 3 | 13 | 10 | +3 | 20 |

| 3rd | | Gallipoli | | 11 | 5 | 3 | 3 | 19 | 15 | +4 | 18 |

| 4th | | Igea Virtus | | 11 | 5 | 3 | 3 | 17 | 10 | +7 | 18 |

| 5th | | M e l f i | | 11 | 5 | 3 | 3 | 16 | 11 | +5 | 18 |

| 6th | | Rende | | 11 | 4 | 5 | 2 | 16 | 15 | +1 | 17 |

| 7th | | Real Marcianise | | 11 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 15 | 11 | +4 | 16 |

| 8th | | Latina | | 11 | 4 | 3 | 4 | 19 | 19 | 0 | 15 |

| 9th | | Cisco Roma | | 11 | 4 | 3 | 4 | 22 | 18 | +4 | 15 |

| 10th | | Potenza | | 11 | 4 | 2 | 5 | 14 | 14 | 0 | 14 |

| 11th | | Nocerina | | 11 | 4 | 2 | 5 | 14 | 16 | -2 | 14 |

| 12th | | Andria Bat | | 11 | 3 | 5 | 3 | 9 | 12 | -3 | 14 |

| 13th | | Vittoria | | 11 | 2 | 6 | 3 | 7 | 9 | -2 | 12 |

| 14th | | Vigor Lamezia | | 11 | 3 | 3 | 5 | 12 | 15 | -3 | 12 |

| 15th | | Rieti | | 11 | 1 | 8 | 2 | 9 | 10 | -1 | 11 |

| 16th | | Giugliano | | 11 | 2 | 5 | 4 | 11 | 14 | -3 | 11 |

| 17th | | Modica | | 11 | 2 | 4 | 5 | 16 | 24 | -8 | 10 |

| 18th | | Pro Vasto | | 11 | 2 | 3 | 6 | 11 | 22 | -11 | 9 |

Elsewhere:

Norwegian Champion: VÃ¥lerenga (2nd Ham Kam, 3rd Rosenborg)

Relegated to Div 1: Odd Grenland, Viking

Promoted from Div 1: Stabaek, Strømsgodset

Relegated to Div 2: Tønsberg, Hødd, Løv-Ham, Alta

Promoted from Div 2: Ørn-Horten, Raufoss, Haugesund, Tromsdalen

Cup: Lyn - Rosenborg 1:0

27.11.05 - 15:00 - Sant'Abruzzese, Melfi - Serie C2/C

Melfi 5th - Nocerina 11th (Campania) 0:0

Dry 21°C

Attendance: 1904

Referee: Nicolò Calò

Melfi (4-4-2)

Nicoletti

Fumagalli - Marciano - Cuomo - Avolio ©

Rodio - Doumbia - Esposito - Gravante

Lauria - Rubino

MoM:

Gianmarco Rodio (DM C, Melfi, rather solid in defence winning all tackles and headers)

After two defeats in a row Nocerina (neighbour town to Pompei) came to town and we knew it wouldn't be an easy game. I went back to my preferred defensive line-up, while I gave Gravante another chance at playmaker. Young Rubino who signed a new contract during the week and did well for my Under 20's got the start as striker.

The game was a bore with Nocerina being the better team. The few quality chances they had in first half (I had none) were saved by Nicoletti, who was a key signing in summer. My best striker Lauria was fouled badly and had to be substituted during second half.

Gravante once more created nothing as playmaker, so I switched him with Doumbia at half time, which led to more offensive play by my side. Rubino was not visible as well and was substituted with Roberto, who was as bad and collected a stupid yellow card. We created some half chances after standards, but the game was alltogether a big bore. After those two defeats I'm not that sad about this result.

Next week La Porta should be big enough to return as playmaker. Thankfully!

04.12.05 - 15:00 - Stadio della Caitina, Modica - Serie C2/C

Mocica 17th (Sicilia) - Melfi 5th 0:4 (0:2)

Wet 16°C

Attendance: 2045

Referee: Johannes Donati

Melfi (4-4-2)

Nicoletti

Rodio - Doumbia - La Porta - Gravante

Lauria - Roberto

Goals:

0:1 Lauria (5')

0:2 Roberto (43')

0:3 Lauria (61')

0:4 Montano (87' - penalty)

MoM:

Federico Lauria (ST, Melfi, Il Federico Magico, two more goals for him)

Another very long train trip to Sicily. But somehow we kind of enjoy those trains, and we certainly enjoy the south. So we enter the train optimistic, also because La Porta is back on track. Modica is low in the table, having a decent attack and a loudy defense.

The gaffer is a bit surprised because I start Doumbia and Gravante, and give them the order to switch positions. Also Roberto gets another start. These moves should pay off. After 63 seconds we score, but the goal was ruled off due to a non-existant off side. But three minutes later Magic Lauria scores. We let the hosts come, but we could hit at least three more in the first half on counters. The game goes exactly as I want our road games to go.

Second half the exactly same picture. Modica has the ball almost exclusively (59 %), but they create only two good chances in the whole game, while we had nine. My offense has a perfect day, and Modica is frustrated, creating even a penalty right before the whistle. My best game since I'm at Melfi.

We are leading the "away" table with a 4-1-2 record, while we are just 11th at home.

During the week I did some contract negotiations, but have a hard time to sign some key players. What should I do: rape my wage budget, risk some key players move for free, or lighten the depth of my squad even more? Rodio and Marciano are my most serious problems. Both are absolute key players in defense.

11.12.05 - 15:00 - Sant'Abruzzese, Melfi - Serie C2/C

Melfi 3rd - Latina 7th (Latium) 0:2 (0:1)

Dry 16°C

Attendance: 2058

Referee: Fabrizio Ernetti

Melfi (4-2-2)

Nicoletti

Rodio - Doumbia - La Porta - Gravante

Lauria - Roberto

Goals:

0:1 (14')

0:2 (76')

MoM:

Ghislain Akassou (D RC, Latina, solid as a rock in Latina's defense. Now on my shortlist)

Never change a winning team, never change a winning tactics? Once again I had the chance to go on top after a great road victory, playing another team from the top third at home. But once again we created virtually nothing at home. Maybe we don't take enough risks, maybe we are nervous because out stadium is always almost sold out. Maybe we should be lucky that we collected quite a number of points against relegation so far.

Against Latina we lost fully deserved, we could have even lost by a bigger margin as they wasted a penalty. Cuomo was lucky that he wasn't sent off for his last man tackle.

Good news Marciano and Rodio signed new contracts

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terk:

Loeffle, with your tables, if you put {code} before it and {/code} after it (only using [ instead of {) then they'll turn out all pretty and nicely lined up icon14.gif

Your story's a good read though icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks a lot icon_smile.gif Wanted to ask some expert about that before my next table!

Also thanks for the nice words. I'm a long time reader (Where the hell is Billiceray icon_wink.gif), but this is my first story.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mavericktango:

Still an excellant read, keep it going icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice to hear that!

Sorry for my grammatical shortcomings though.

18.12.05 - 15:00 - Centro d'Italia, Rieti - Serie C2/C

Rieti 17th (Latium) - Melfi 5th 2:5 (2:3)

Dry 11°C

Attendance: 171

Referee: Giovanni Calzolari

Melfi (4-4-2)

Nicoletti

Selvaggi - Doumbia - La Porta - Rodio

Lauria - Roberto

Goals:

0:1 Lauria (8')

0:2 Lauria (9')

1:2 (14')

1:3 Rodio (20')

2:3 (22')

2:4 Roberto (48')

2:5 Lauria (53')

MoM:

Federico "Il Magico" Lauria (FC, Melfi, hattrick for him, scored now 10 goals in 15 league matches)

Road trip (nine hours by train), this time not to the south, but a mountain town northeast of Roma. Rieti is having so far a lousy season and its one of the few games which we enter as favorites. Once again I try something new in creative midfield. Rodio who played fantastic since taking over from Selvaggi in central defensive midfield gets the playmaker jersey, while Selvaggi gets the start at his old position. Gravante is benched, while La Porta has another chance to regain his old form at right wing. The defensive four and strikers remain unchanged.

At the whistle we were shocked to see only around 200 fans, of which 100 were our colours. Right from the start we move up front and get a corner. Rodio's playmaker training was a good investment, he assists Lauria's first goal. Lauria once again red hot scoring his second goal only seconds after his first one. Rieti lacks quality, but they have a good fighting spirit. They reduced the deficit after around 20 minutes. Rodio added another goal and he might be my playmaker of the future. Taribello from Rieti scored the 5th goal of the game after less than 25 minutes played. The rest of the first half we should have scored twice, but we didn't.

During the break La Porta was sent to the shower as he had another poor outing. His replacement Esposito did slightly better, but right wing is one of the few problem areas now. Lauria took the game away completing his hattrick just after the break. Also Roberto who seems to learn a lot playing along Lauria scored. Rodio (1 goal, 2 assists) created more in one game as playmaker as Gravante in eight games. Rieti looked very poor and sad in the second half. I have a feeling that there's something very wrong going on in this town. In the programme after the match I read that they are in deep financial trouble. Sad to see that their fans gave them already up.

23.12.05 - 19:30 - Sant'Abruzzese, Melfi - Serie C2/C

Melfi 2nd - Guigliano 13th (Campania) 1:0 (0:0)

Wet 9°C

Attendance: 2262

Referee: Davide Massa

Melfi (4-4-2)

Nicoletti

Selvaggi - Doumbia - Esposito - Rodio

Lauria - Roberto

Goal:

1:0 Lauria (50')

MoM:

Federico "Il Magico" Lauria (F C, Melfi, scored the game winning goal)

This could be a perfect night before Christmas for us. Home game, rain and rather cold (we play much better in bad weather) and an opponent who hasn't won a single game on the road.

First half is a nightmare though. My guys create absolutely nothing and are even lucky that Guigliano didn't take the lead. Maybe I shouldn't blame the lady, but primarily myself as I even against this opponent I went for safety first.

I didn't do any substition but tell the guys to open up a bit more. Lauria gets the message collects the ball and scores his 14th goal of the season. After that I can plan the destructive game I love. Sitting back and waiting for counters, because the opponent is unable to break my defensive walls. Not nice for the eyes of my loyal fans (again sold out), but very good to collect points.

After this game I announce that the guys have no training until New Year's Day. We celebrate our perfect season so long with our fans at Sant'Abruzzese. Much vino and many gnochi are eaten.

Young Esposito remains the only first team player without contract over June 2006. But he demands being a key player and too much money. Unless someone is traded, I won't offer him what he demands.

Basilicata Abbey News

Melfi 2006 - Sensation growing in the mountains?

Sister Francesca (SF): Mr. Fritsche, when we had our last interview in summer Melfi was one of the biggest relegation candidates. Now after the Christmas break we see that only Igea Virtus Barcellona collected more points than the Melfisti. How was this possible?

Andreas Fritsche (AF): Honoured Sister, football is a game with 22 men and one ball involved, the outcome is not always how we predict it before. Who would have fought CSKA Moscow wins UEFA-Cup or Greece become European Champions before? Of course I didn't expect us having 28 points after 16 points, but me and the guys work well together. Disturbing elements were removed - or will be removed soon, like backup goalkeeper Fumagalli - and some really young players are performing way better than expected. One example is our defensive four where we didn't make any chances during the last games. Also we found the two perfect strikers who play well together in Lauria and Roberto.

SF: In summer you sold seven players for a total of 100,000 Euro. Was this really necassary? Wouldn't Melfi be even with some of these proven players?

AF: A clear no! Melfi had two options: Keep these players and apply for bankruptcy before november or make a clear cut and try to get the finances in a better shape. I was not too happy when I had to let guys like Schiavon, Russo or Liberti go, because they all had talent. But some of them didn't have the character I like. When you check how those seven guys did elsewhere, only four of them are first team regulars. Schiavon and Liberti don't play at all.

SF: How did this "clear cut" influence your work? How is the financial situation now?

AF: First of all I had to find a tactics that fits the guys, and not stay to my tactics and let the guys adopt it. We play very simple football, and my guys are maybe perfectly suited for that. In my system I can't use any lazy technician who plays some nice tricks, but has no fighting spirit to close the opponents midfielders down. So please no Beckham or Rosicky for Melfi!

In terms of wages we are on a very good way, lying just 34.000 Euro/year above the limit. The total balance is a bigger problem, as we just can't create enough monthly income. Sant'Abruzzese must become bigger, because many games are sold out and I think we could easily fill it with 4.000 people. I'm though optimistic that if I deal with wage budget, chairman Maglione finds another sponsor to cover up for the loss. I don't understand why our rivals Potenza have so many sponsors, while we have only one. We play much better football this season.

SF: You play much better football on the road, but at home Melfi plays sometimes like the Glasgow Rangers version 2005/06. Why?

AF: Oh please never ever compare Melfi to those stinky Rangers again! As I tried to explain my tactics, that's also the reason why we play so well on the road and only decent at home. On the road we can use our countertactics. The home team tries to "make the game", they lose the ball, we take it and take advantage at that. When we play at home, we are supposed to make the game. But our tactics is not perfectly suited for that, as we are lacking a player with playmaking skills. Maybe Rodio can become that player? Until then we prefer to destroy the game and play the counter.

SF: Melfi's goals for this season?

AF: We need to collect 45 points as soon as possible. That should be enough to avoid the playdowns. If we have 45 points we can see how many games are left and check the situation. Getting 45 points won't be an easy task as Melfi is no longer underestimated.

08.01.06 - 15:00 - Degli Ulivi, Andria - Serie C2/C

Andria Bat 14th (Puglia) - Melfi 2nd 0:0

Dry 14°C

Attendance: 1049

Referee: Carlo Negrinelli

Melfi (4-4-2)

Nicoletti

Lauria - Roberto

MoM:

Gianmarco Rodio (DM C, Melfi, solid performance in offensive midfield. Maybe the player least worst on the pitch)

One of the derbies as Andria is less than 100 km's away. So much tension was expected. But when I saw how my guys came back from there one week without training I was horrified. Goalie Nicoletti gained at least 4 kg's.

Thankfully Andria Bat was not in much better shape, so that the poor spectators just saw a horribly bad game. Both teams managed together to get three goals on target. Really not much to tell, just that Cuomo collected his 5th yellow card and will miss next match.

Oh, and now we have the best defense of the league; collecting only 15 goals in 17 games.

Lamberti and unhappy Goalkeeper Fumagalli are sold, the two loanies are sent back home. Means Melfi is clearly under the wage budget oft 750.000 Euro now. Gives us some opportunities to look for Bosman players.

Old and high earning D'Angelo is shipped to Ercolano. Let's hope Vesuvius stays quiet while he is playing there.

We sign Giuseppe Angelo Fioretti from Real Marcianise as backup goalkeeper. Young, cheap and with potential.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

A very good first half of the season. KUTGW Loeffle and Forza Melfi. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mille Grazie icon_smile.gif I'm back on track after two very hard weeks at office - so maybe I even manage to finish my first year at Melfi before heading to Norway on business in May.

15.01.06 - 15:00 - Aragona, Vasto - Serie C2/C

Pro Vasto 17th (Abruzzo) - Melfi 3rd 1:1 (0:0)

Dry 12°C

Attendance: 1037

Referee: Ernesto Rocchini

Melfi (4-4-2)

Nicoletti

Fumagalli - Marciano - Patarini - Avolio ©

Lauria - Roberto

Goals:

0:1 Rodio (60')

1:1 (76')

MoM:

Gianmarco Rodio (AM C, Melfi, red hot since becoming my playmaker, scored an easy goal)

A trip along the Adriatic Coast to lowly Pro Vasto. Heading into the game as slight favorites, I was a bit worried as Cuomo my key defender was banned for this match. Instead of him Patarini who was a starter back in autumn played. Anyway Pro Vasto controlled the ball for most of the first half, but they created only some half chances. We had the better chances through Roberto and Rodio, who did both badly in one and one situation. La Porta didn't create anything at right wing and was benched for Esposito - who is still in a contract row - at half time. The 2nd half started lowly, and after 56 minutes Lauria was injured. He is doubtful for the next match. One hour was played when left defender Fumagalli has his magic moment, hitting a lovely 60 yard pass to Roberto. Roberto failed one on one with the goalie, but Rodio scored easily on the rebound. Now I told my guys to play even more defensive and we had pretty much control of the game until we committed a stupid corner which lead to a free kick just outside the box. Once again out marking was bad on such a situation and Vasto equalized. The hosts had two more chances to win the game and collect three valuable points. After this performance I have to admit that we are not a team capable of getting promoted.

22.01.06 - 15:00 - Sant'Abruzzese, Melfi - Serie C2/C

Melfi 3rd - Vigor Lamezia 10th (Calabria) 2:0 (0:0)

Dry 13°C

Attendance: 2209

Referee: Corrado Landi

Goals:

1:0 Rubino (53')

2:0 Espositio (82')

2:1 (94')

Today one of the worst teams at home (we) was facing the second best team on the road (Vigor), so a close fight was widely expected. Cuomo was back in central defense, while Cammarota got another shot at right wing. Lauria missed his first start of the season with 17 year old Rubino replacing him. The first half was a nightmare with both teams being simply lousy. I told my guys that the 2nd half should bring a chance towards the better and they delivered. Our first goal was a copy of the goal against Pro Vasto: Roberto failed to beat the goalkeeper on a one on one, but this time Rubino was there to score. His first ever goal for Melfi. Now Vigor opened up, which was just perfect for our counter attacks. Lauria who came in for the exhausted Rubino kept the defense busy, while Vigor forgot to focus on my midfielders. This way Esposito was left with a simply finish to decide the game after around 80 minutes. Vigor's mistake was to change to a 4-2-4 after I took the lead. They only scored a consolidation goal seconds before the whistle.

Basilicata AAbbey NNews

Ancona after Gianmarco Rodio

Ancona made most likely a bit for high flying Gianmarco Rodio just one week before transfer deadline. Rodio is playing brilliant since being moved from defensive to offensive midfield collecting several Man of the Match and Team of the Week awards.

Ancona which has a big reputation, but plays in Serie C2 as Melfi is rumored having handed in a bid around 80,000 € which included also a friendly and a sell on clause. Melfi officials were not available to comment the matter.

Losing Rodio would be a big blow for high flying Melfi, because he was the only play to create playmaking skills for the Basilicata team this season. The question is now to sell Rodio, which means to solve all financial problems or to keep him and build a young and thrilling team around him.

Melfi are currently playing above all expectations and lying 3rd in Serie C2/C

29.01.06 - 15:00 - Sant'Abruzzese, Melfi - Serie C2/C

Melfi 3rd - Rende 8th (Calabria) 2:1 (0:1)

Dry 12°C

Attendance: 2194

Goals:

0:1 (28' - penalty)

1:1 Doumbia (60' - direct freekick)

2:1 Gaeta (71' - penalty)

MoM: Gianmarco Rodio (AM C, Melfi) transfer rumours didn't bother him, completing over 80 % of his passes.

Another home game which we entered as favorites. We had to replace injured Selvaggi with Montano who was called up from U 20. La Porta replaced Cammarota in right midfield.

Again our first half was a big shame, and so we really shouldn't complain that Mister Calò awarded Rende a laughable penalty; committed by a very bad playing Cuomo.

During the break I got really angry but didn't make any changes. After 58 minutes I had seen enough giving Montano and La Porta marching orders. Esposito and Gaeta, who was also called up from U 20 got a chance to turn the game around. Actually the referee gave us the chance we needed: freekick just outside the box. Doumbia scored a lovely goal, his first ever score in his third season for Melfi. Now my guys were on fire. The referee awarded a penalty and Gaeta showed confidence converting it. In the dying minutes we had no problems to control the game with out counter tactics.

Following Igea Virtus loss at Taranto, we share the league lead with Taranto. Incredible!

Due to severe computer problems the Melfi story is taking a break until computer is back on track. If anyone of you honoured wants to give some advice on buying new computer, feel welcome to comment on the other forum. Thanks!

Due to the problem the game against Rende had to be replayed and ended 1:1 (Lauria)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tree:

its a interesting story Loeffle i really enjoy reading it hope you can get your new computer up and running good luck mate icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

computer arrived and its running. just had my first league game ...

05.02.06 - 15:00 - Enrico Rocchi, Viterbo - Serie C2/C

Viterbo 3rd (Latium) - Melfi 2nd 1:0 (0:0)

Dry 20°C

Attendance: 1231

Referee: Alessio Bertaso

Goal:

1:0 (76')

MoM:

Claudio Taddei (M R, Viterbo) assisted the winning goal with a lovely cross.

After some rough weeks we faced a real test near the Italian capital today. Viterbo was 3rd, we were 2nd before the game. Both teams didn't lose for half a dozen league games before the contest.

I made two changes after the disappointing draw against Mende, replacing both wingers with Gaeta and Gravante, who did well as substitutes recently.

The hosts were the far better team in the first half, but couldn't capitalize from their domination. Most of their shots were harmless, while their biggest chance came during extra time.

Once again I was not very happy during break, and I even had to replace slightly injured Roberto with young Rubino. My play didn't increase much, while Viterbo also dropped some pace. After one hour I sent Gravante and Gaeta to the bench, once again they didn't use their chance to impress me. Doumbia and La Porta were supposed to turn the game around. Doumbia showed he's one of the best crossers of the league by playing a lovely pass to Lauria, who scored. Sadly the goal was ruled out due to offside, a close call. Anyway it was Viterbo to decide the match only 10 minutes later. A combination of cheap mistakes lead to it. We weren't able to score a goal and actually we didn't a point here either.

Basilicata Abbey News

Brave Melfi finally lose

Melfi lost to Viterbo 1:0 to suffer their first league defeat in seven games.

Melfi may have stuttered slightly in their surprise title challenge, but the fans must still be delighted at the way their season is going.

Few would have believed the title was possible back in pre-season, but with much of the season still to go, Andreas Fritsche's side still find themselves in with a short.

'We paid the price,' admits bitter Fritsche

In response to Alessandro Nucorini's assertion that he wants Viterbo to replace Melfi as the leading contender for promotion to the Italian Serie C 1, Fritsche took to the warpath.

Melfi manager Andreas Fritsche told journalists from a local newspaper that he was disappointed with the defeat against Viterbo in the recent Serie C2/C match.

Fritsche pointed out that his team suffered a sucker punch but should have made the most of their chances.

As it was, Fritsche felt that the better team definetely did not win the game.

Following Melfi's 0:1 Italian Serie C2/C defeat against Viterbo last Sunday, the promotion contenders are currently 3rd in the Serie C2/C with 34 points from 21 matches.

12.02.06 - 15:00 - Sant'Abruzzese, Melfi - Serie C2/C

Melfi 3rd - Gallipoli 5th (Puglia) 1:1 (1:0)

Dry 15°C

Attendance: 2051

Referee: Simone Di Francesco

Goals:

1:0 Lauria (17')

1:1 (59')

MoM:

Guiseppe Pagana (AM RLC, Gallipoli) had a good, but not spectacular game in midfield

Another very important match as Gallipoli, who were also promoted this season travelled to town. After two rather poor matches I changed my defense unforced, benching Fumagalli replacing him by Patarini. For him Marciano was moved to left defender. Doumbia was injured during the last week, so Gravante got another shot - playing once again badly.

My guys seemed having understood that I was angry after the last games and started well. We took the lead after a nice Rodio Lauria combination. I really start to worry what happens with us, if Lauria gets seriously injured. Sadly we couldn't turn our continued domination into a second goal.

After the break we played more defensive, which prooved to be a costly error. The team from the Southern coast equalized after one hour. The rest of the game was a bore and no team deserved to win it. We should have the decided the game during the first half though.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| 1st | | Igea Virtus | | 22 | 12 | 5 | 5 | 35 | 19 | +16 | 41 |

| 2nd | | Viterbo | | 22 | 10 | 6 | 6 | 26 | 21 | +5 | 36 |

| 3rd | | Melfi | | 22 | 9 | 8 | 5 | 31 | 20 | +11 | 35 |

| 4th | | Taranto | | 22 | 10 | 4 | 8 | 27 | 24 | +3 | 34 |

| 5th | | Rende | | 22 | 8 | 8 | 6 | 28 | 28 | 0 | 32 |

| 6th | | Cisco Roma | | 22 | 8 | 7 | 7 | 38 | 35 | +3 | 31 |

| 7th | | Gallipoli | | 22 | 8 | 7 | 7 | 37 | 35 | +2 | 31 |

| 8th | | Real Marcianise | | 22 | 7 | 9 | 6 | 31 | 28 | +3 | 30 |

| 9th | | Giugliano | | 22 | 7 | 9 | 6 | 21 | 20 | +1 | 30 |

| 10th | | Nocerina | | 22 | 8 | 4 | 10 | 26 | 30 | -4 | 28 |

| 11th | | Latina | | 22 | 8 | 4 | 10 | 37 | 38 | -1 | 28 |

| 12th | | Pro Vasto | | 22 | 6 | 9 | 7 | 25 | 29 | -4 | 27 |

| 13th | | Vigor Lamezia | | 22 | 7 | 5 | 10 | 23 | 25 | -2 | 26 |

| 14th | | Potenza | | 22 | 7 | 5 | 10 | 25 | 32 | -7 | 26 |

| 15th | | Vittoria | | 22 | 5 | 10 | 7 | 18 | 20 | -2 | 25 |

| 16th | | Modica | | 22 | 6 | 7 | 9 | 29 | 39 | -10 | 25 |

| 17th | | Rieti | | 22 | 3 | 13 | 6 | 19 | 24 | -5 | 22 |

| 18th | | Andria Bat | | 22 | 4 | 10 | 8 | 18 | 27 | -9 | 22 |

</pre>

Sad to hear about the comp crash, but good that everything ended okay. I hope you'll get promoted in the end of the season. Good luck!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tanel:

Sad to hear about the comp crash, but good that everything ended okay. I hope you'll get promoted in the end of the season. Good luck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kiitos, Spasibo, what is it in Estonian? icon_wink.gif

Well, the standings are quite dangerous and the gap to the relegation playoff spot is not too big yet. Season won't be boring I guess ...

19.02.06 - 15:00 - Comunale, Vitoria - Serie C2/C

Vittoria 15th (Sicilia) - Melfi 3rd 2:0 (1:0)

Dry 19°C

Attendance: 700

Referee: Sergio Ranghetti

Goals:

1:0 (17')

2:0 (84')

MoM:

Mauro Bergna (DM C, Vittoria) creative midfielder with one assist the dominant force for Vittoria

A long trip to Sicily was on the agenda and we kind of short of 1st team players as Doumbia and Patarini were injured. Once again I tried something new in defence, starting Selvaggi as left defender and Montano in central midfield.

Anyway those moves didn't work out and through 90 minutes this game was a nightmare.

Defensively we couldn't stop Vittoria who started as the firefighters. Offensively we got only three Rodio shots, none of them on target. This game showed only two things: our form is lousy and everybody can beat everybody in this league. Despite our decent league position to stay away from relegation playoffs has to be our main aim.

19.02.06 - B A N

Melfi's poor form continues

Melfi lost to Vittoria 2:0 as they continued their run of four games without a league win.

Melfi put themselves in an excellent position earlier this season, but these recent setbacks indicate their title challenge is fading fast.

This will undoubtedly disappoint the fans, but considering the side were fancied to do little this season, the club is still having an outstanding campaign.

26.02.06 - 15:00 - Sant'Abruzzese, Melfi - Serie C2/C

Melfi 4th - Cisco Roma 6th (Latium) 1:0 (1:0)

Dry 22°C

Attendance: 1742

Referee: Domenico La Rosa

Goal:

1:0 Lauria (40')

MoM:

Michele Nicoletti (GK, Melfi) seves saves, back in form

Cisco came to town and many nice memories from our trip to Rome in autumn came with them. But we are in crisis and this match was obviusly a key one for the final fourth of the season.

I switched back to my old defense, Selvaggi was back as central defensive midfielder, Doumbia back after unjury and La Porta at right wing.

The first half was a very open affair, but we took the lead after a nice Rubino - La Porta - Lauria counter. Il Magico scored his 14th league goal of the season. We were somewhat lucky to take the league into the break, and I was delighted that we weren't trailling at halftime for the first time this month. No changes and I told the guys to keep on playing in same fashion.

Cisco had some nice chances in the second half, and so had we. But both goalkeeper had a good afternoons. Anyway the fans were thrilled, even if I noticed a slight drop in attendance after the recent bad performance. Cisco never came close to scoring and we took a hard thought victory to move nine points clear of the magic line.

05.03.06 - 15:00 - Alfredo Viviani, Potenza - Serie C2/C

Potenza 13th (Basilicata) - Melfi 4th 2:2 (1:2)

Dry 9°C

Attendance: 2277

Referee: Andrea De Faveri

Goals:

0:1 Roberto (1')

0:2 Lauria (33')

1:2 (34')

2:2 (61')

MoM:

Luca Selvaggi (DM C, Melfi) played like he did back in autumn. Very good in defense and offense.

Derby time in Basilicata! The trip to our regional capital was certainly one of the highlights this season. Especially now that we are the number one in the Basilicata region. Of course we wanted to show everybody that we are better than our opponents from the capital.

Compared to the game against Cisco Roma I made only one change, switching Rubino and Roberto up front along Lauria. My guys definetely understood my message, scoring right from the whistle after only 21 seconds. Roberto already showed his worth for my team by capping an excellent move. The hosts who are playing far below expectations this season answered with angry attacks, but with luck and determined defending we survived their first wave. Our destructive style of play worked well, and we even created some very good counters. One of them was converted by Lauria who was assisted by Selvaggi. Potenza were now really angry and scored their first goal right after kick off. Ten minutes later a thrilling first half which included over twenty shots on goal came to an end. The score could also have been 4:4.

The second half started rather slow and quiet, it seemed both teams were a bit tired. But Potenza equalized the game out of the blue sky, when they caught our defense napping. In the following twenty minutes they had three good chances to win the game, but my goalkeeper saved them in style. The last ten minutes belonged to us, and we even could have won the match. But Potenza goalkeeper Curci showed his skill. A great derby that could have gone both ways, so maybe a draw was a fair result.

Elsewhere:

English League Cup Portsmouth - Manchester City 0:1

Winning Coach: Klaus Augenthaler icon_wink.gif

12.03.06 - 15:00 - Sant'Abruzzese, Melfi - Serie C2/C

Melfi 4th - Igea Virtus 1st (Sicilia) 3:0 (0:0)

Dry 22°C

Attendance: 1929

Referee: 1929

Goals:

1:0 Lauria (53')

2:0 Rodio (62')

3:0 Gaeta (85' - direct freekick)

MoM:

Federico Lauria (ST, Melfi) against his habit he didn't only score, but also assist one goal.

The league leader were visiting Sant'Abruzzese today. Actually I was a bit sad that the stadium wasn't sold out even if weather was fine and the opponent famous. I guess some fans were a bit angry after the poor performances after New Year. We have to win them back.

First half was one of those typical "top matches" where you expect match, but nothing ever happens. The Sicilians were maybe the better team, but didn't create any mayor chances. Anyway I wasn't very happy with the performance of my guys, and I didn't hesitate to tell them during the break. While Barcellona still was a bit sleepy, my team was looking like a new one, even if I made no chances. After eight minutes Rodio and Lauria combined for our first goal. After 57 minutes Marciano committed a penalty, but veteran Obbedio found his master in Nicoletti. Five minutes later it was again the Lauria & Rodio show; 2:0 Melfi. Now I was a bit afraid to lose this lead like we did against Potenza. But today we were sharp and didn't allow the Southerners any chances. Gaeta even made it 3:0 after 85 minutes. Lauria scored his 16th league goal and passed Igea Virtus' scoring machine Di Girolamo by one goal after this match.

18.03.06 - B A N

News from Europe - the Quarter Finals

Champions League

Villareal - Inter

Arsenal - Juventus

Fenerbahce - Chelsea

Lyon - Porto

UEFA-Cup

Hertha BSC - Newcastle

Panathinaikos - Valencia

Benfica - Liverpool

Milan - Leverkusen

19.03.06 - 15:00 - Progreditor, Marcianise - Serie C2/C

Real Marcianise 9th (Campania) - Melfi 5th 0:2 (0:0)

Dry 16°C

Attendance: 1977

Goals:

0:1 Lauria (50')

0:2 Lauria (66')

MoM:

Federico Lauria (ST, Melfi) scoring his 20th and 21st goal of the season; once again he was the difference.

Today we faced a trip to one of Napoli's naughty subburbs. My idea was taking a train which arrives just one hour before the match, take three points and leave that unfriendly place as soon as possible. If they would win the match the gap between us and them would be down to five points.

Once again I did some replacements at right and left wing, as nobody seems to perform steady on those two positions. Besides defense this is the only area I have to address in off-season.

The game started slow, but the hosts were the better team from the beginning creating a couple of good chances. Thankfully my goalkeeper is back in form and could avoid the worst. We created very little in first half and once again I had to hold a disappointed speech in the dressing room.

And once again it worked. Even if our chances mostly came on the counter, Lauria proved to be too good for Real's defense. Twice he was one on one with their goalie, and twice he converted perfectly. Real had some chances to reduce the deficit, but in vain. Roberto showed he's not yet a Lauria clone when he was one on one with the goalie as well.

So my plan worked well and we had something to celebrate in the Eurostar from Napoli to Potenza; with seven games to play we are 13 points clear of the relegation playoffs and even eight points ahead of the first non promotion playoff spot.

26.03.06 - 15:00 - Sant'Abruzzese, Melfi - Serie C2/C

Melfi 4th - Taranto 3rd (Puglia) 1:0 (1:0)

Dry 15°C

Attendance: 2203

Referee: Sergio Ranghetti

Goal:

1:0 Lauria (29')

MoM:

Michele Nicoletti (GK, Melfi) made a couple of important saves.

Another big battle at Sant'Abruzzese. The winner of it could even compete for the title and direct promotion to Serie C1. Taranto started well and created some good chances in the first quarter, while we were once again rather passive. But then we awoke and red hot Lauria scored on a total fluke, after he intercepted a poor kick by the Taranto goalkeeper. Even if Taranto came a bit more forward after we took the lead, the rest of the first half was a bore. Only Cuomo's sixth yellow card was worth mentioning.

The second half was an open affair, but the level of play was rather poor. Not the top game we expected. Strangely enough Taranto got some pretty good counter attacks during the last ten minutes, but were caught offside. So we won this very important game. Great we found our form again. Relegation battle is already over for us.

30.03.06 - B A N

New contract for Fritsche?

Rumour has it that Melfi chairman Guiseppe Maglione offered Andreas Fritsche a new three year contract. Due to the perilous financial situation Fritsche is said to accept a wage cut though. Transfer funds for the new season won't be available either.

The big question is now if Fritsche likes Melfi enough to stay under this conditions or if he moves on.

Melfi is currently 2nd in Serie C2/C and battling for promotion. Before the season the Basilicata team was a given choise for the drop back to Serie D.

02.04.06 - B A N

Fritsche stay at Melfi - contact until 2009

Just before entering the train to Nocera Melfi chairman Maglione hold a small press conference at the station.

Coach Andreas Fritsche signed a three year contract extention, taking a pay cut from 28.000 to 24.000 €/year. Fritsche explained that he wanted to be a role model for his players, who might also have to suffer pay cuts in future, because Serie C2 doesn't allow the club in earn enough revenue. He added that he wished the club could improove the training facilities or even the stadium, but understand that this would lead Melfi to bankruptcy. Fritsche plans to continue building a strong, young and talented team, even if he might be forced to sell some of the best players for big bugs in near future.

Goalkeeper Nicoletti spoke for the team and said that they were pleased that Melfi has seen sense in retaining a manager who he believes is capable of great things. He commented that Fritsche had proved himself to be an accomplished manager and he was delighted he would be staying at Sant'Abruzzese.

02.04.06 - 15:00 - San Francesco, Nocera Inferiore - Serie C2/C

Nocerina 15th (Campania) - Melfi 2nd 1:0 (1:0)

Dry 22°C

Attendance: 1043

Referee: Piero Bacci

Goal:

1:0 (41')

MoM:

Antonio Di Franco (ST, Nocerina) matchwinner with his goal

After those pleasant news I expected a rather easy game on the slopes of Vesuvius. For the first time I talked openly about promotion in the media, Nocerina didn't win in eight tries and I signed a new contract.

We started well and dominated the game as expected. But concentration was a problem and we didn't convert our chances in first half. After 40 minutes an amateur like error gave the Campanians the lead. We got a corner and even if I told Fumagalli and Avolio to stay back at every corner they didn't. Nocerina played a long ball, and their striker was cleanly through to score. I was angry at the break, but still thought we could win this game against weak opposition.

But virtually nothing happened. After 68 minutes I subsituted Fumagalli (remember the corner), Gaeta (like Beckham good for nothing, only for an occational corner or free kick) and Roberto (clumsy like Maradona these days, even if he is only 18). Unbelievable that we created only minor chances in the second half.

In the dressing room I was furious and banged the door. I didn't take the train back to Melfi, but headed instead to my old friend Don Biagio in Sorrento which is just an hour from Nocera.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| 1st | | Igea Virtus | | 29 | 15 | 7 | 7 | 43 | 27 | +16 | 52 |

| 2nd | | Melfi | | 29 | 13 | 9 | 7 | 40 | 25 | +15 | 48 |

| 3rd | | Rende | | 29 | 12 | 10 | 7 | 42 | 35 | +7 | 46 |

| 4th | | Viterbo | | 29 | 12 | 10 | 7 | 33 | 26 | +7 | 46 |

| 5th | | Taranto | | 29 | 13 | 7 | 9 | 38 | 29 | +9 | 46 |

| 6th | | Gallipoli | | 29 | 11 | 7 | 11 | 44 | 46 | -2 | 40 |

</pre>

Remaining games:

- Modica (17th)

- Rieti (16th)

- @ Giugliano (8th)

- @ Latina (10th)

- Pro Vasto (9th)

Elsewhere:

Volker Finke unveiled as new Rot-Weiß Essen manager

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loeffle:

18.03.06 - B A N

Champions League

Villareal - Inter

Arsenal - Juventus

Fenerbahce - Chelsea

Lyon - Porto

UEFA-Cup

Hertha BSC - Newcastle

Panathinaikos - Valencia

Benfica - Liverpool

Milan - Leverkusen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OH NO! icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tanel:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loeffle:

18.03.06 - B A N

Champions League

Villareal - Inter

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OH NO! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leg One 5:3 for Villareal!

Archived